Juanchitoox

Uruguayan League

Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

How is Gaston Pereiro getting on at Nacional? Worth keeping?

He is a key piece in a Nacional that is marching first and 5 points ahead of Peñarol and Racing. While he does not have the influence (yet) that Jonathan Rodriguez and Giorgian de Arrascaeta had on their respective teams, he is still quiet important and still has a lot of room to develop.

Defo a keeper.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

He is a key piece in a Nacional that is marching first and 5 points ahead of Peñarol and Racing. While he does not have the influence (yet) that Jonathan Rodriguez and Giorgian de Arrascaeta had on their respective teams' date=' he is still quiet important and still has a lot of room to develop.

Defo a keeper.[/quote']

Thanks mate I will hold on to him for a bit then.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

Thanks mate I will hold on to him for a bit then.

No problem mate. He is a youngster that i keep an eye on, so if something big like a transfer/trophy/NT call/etc happens i will update it here along with information about the rest of the most promising youngsters. If he is benched or something negative happens i will also update it to let you guys know.

Cheers.

Respuesta: Uruguayan League

Hello mates!

Long time since i dont update this thingy.

With the start of the south american U20 tournament that qualifies the teams for the Olympics and U20 world cup, the Uruguayan NT despite what it looked like in the beggining broke with all the speculations and qualified to the final part of the tournament first on his group ahead of Colombia (former champion), Brazil and Chile.

Uruguay started with an agonic victory against Colombia with a header by Arambarri (one of the hottest prospects). Then won against Brazil 2-0 with a categoric victory, dominating in every aspect with goals of Gaston Pereiro and Arambarri again. Against Chile, Uruguay won 6-1. Uruguay simply overrun Chile with a massive pressure and contundence. Against Venezuela, Uruguay played with all the substitutes and lost 1-0 in a very polemic match. This way Uruguay qualified fist with 9 points.

Now to the players...

GK: Gaston Guruceaga: Still to debut in a Peñarol where he is like the fourth option. The starter goalkeeper of the U20 has proven solid and effective with great saves in the 3 matches he played.

RB: Guillermo Cotugno: Impressive stamina to go forward and back the whole 90 minutes. Good marker and great complement for the attack. Has many minutes in his club Danubio.

CB: Erick Cabaco: Pherhaps the weaker point in the defense. While he is strong physically seems slow and not with a great pace. Still proved to form a good team with the other defender who i will mention next. Starter in his club Rentistas

CB: Mauricio Lemos: Real class defender. So far he showed everything a good central needs. Good physically, hard to dribble, good in the aerial game and quiet fast. Played a few matches for Defensor Sporting, after this tournament i bet he will have more minutes.

LB: Mathias Suarez: Fast, agile and like the whole team, showed great stamina to keep running the 90'. Not that great in the offensive still gives everything in defense.

DM/CM: Nahitan Nandez: There is a team inside a team. Nandez, captain of the team with Arambarri the other CM/DM where the heart of the team lies. If i have to compare this players to something, i would say they are two hungry pitbulls chasing every single one that approaches. Nandez gives 110% out of him, goes for every single ball, and shows to be quiet good technically, even tho he makes some errors passing the ball, this errors never leave the team exposed. One of the jewels of this team. Very few minutes in his club Peñarol, doubt he will play there because there is tons of offers for him.

DM/CM: Mauro Arambarri: Practically the same than Nandez tho he shows a better technique in the passing and he is the one that contributes better to the attack. Also proved quiet good in the aerial game. Total starter in Defensor Sporting.

AM: Gaston Pereiro: After a dubious start in the tournament, he slowly started to prove why he is the number 10. Tall and talented playmaker, able to dribble players with great technique, started now to show a better passing skill but clearly his best aspect is the capability to play with the ball on his feet. Regular player of Nacional.

RW: Facundo Castro: Skilled dribbler. Sometimes he shows to be selfish but when he is on, he is on. Very fast player. Running the 90' and contributing A LOT with the defense

LW: Jaime Baez: Not in touch with the goal, yet very intense on his game. Showed that he is quiet talented with the ball, and has a great speed which makes him hard to mark. PLaying not in the position he plays in Juventud de Las Piedras, he still shows he can be quiet important in the left.

FW: Franco Acosta: Already sold to Villareal he is the true menace of the attack. He is very fast, hard to mark and a real nightmare for the defenders going to every single ball. Never gets tired and contributes a lot with the defense.

Special mention...

FW: Rodrigo Amaral: 17 years old Nacional jewel... With that age, already shows a potent physical game and a strong left foot. Goes to every ball complicating the opposition defense. While he is not a starter, every time he entered the pitch, gave Uruguay a fresh different change. What a future...

Now i leave you with the resumes of the games so far.

9Eclu8RSDzU

5AdUHBZq7Dc

7821zcqCoyw

WPKq-92DSAo

Hi' date='

Why kevin mendez[who added to sm'] was not in Uruguay U20 squad???

Does he worth buy?

Thanks!

As far as i know... the fact that he did not even trained with the first squad of his team at that moment (Peñarol) was the reason for not be selected for the U20. He will be considered for the U20 world cup.

thank you mate!

Do you think he his worth buy?

Well... you can easily find many videos of him in youtube and you can see by yourself he is quality. I dont think he went to a league where they will get the best out of him, still he went loaned to Peruggia where we suppose he will have gametime.

I wouldnt buy him, but i would keep an eye in his prowess at Peruggia

What about Jaime Baez' date=' been tipped as next Luis Suarez.Can't see that happening tbh, Luis was already in Europe making future when he was 19 B).[/quote']

Well... my experience tells me that almost EVERY player that people or media says "He will be the next..." always end up as a flop or hardly become what they expect him to become.

Jaime Baez is a good player, scored many goals for Juventud, now he is on loan at Defensor Sporting, a better team that can make him get better. He was a starter in the U20 but placed not in his natural position. He lost his position in the main 11 due to Rodrigo Amaral's great performances.

At this point, Jaime is a player to keep, if you already have it, but not a player to buy.

Regards,

Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

Well... my experience tells me that almost EVERY player that people or media says "He will be the next..." always end up as a flop or hardly become what they expect him to become.

Jaime Baez is a good player' date=' scored many goals for Juventud, now he is on loan at Defensor Sporting, a better team that can make him get better. He was a starter in the U20 but placed not in his natural position. He lost his position in the main 11 [b']due to Rodrigo Amaral's great performances[/b].

At this point, Jaime is a player to keep, if you already have it, but not a player to buy.

Regards,

You mentioned Rodrigo Amaral - is he the next 'big thing' in terms of a Uruguayan forward? I heard he's played great in the u20's but...how good was he?

hey Juanchitoox

Can i get some info on Mauricio Lemos and Mathias Suarez..

I know Lemos is really good' date=' can you see him moving to Europe and becoming a good defender like Gimenez has done?

Future potential of both if you would be so kind.

Thanks in advance mate :D[/quote']

Well...He does not have the potential of Gimenez, but there has been many cases of players with not that much potential (Godin i.e.) that proved to be top class and cases of great potential that ended up in nothing (Coates i.e.) that is very hard to tell what will become of him.

He is quality. He is solid in the aerial game, quiet fast and hard to dribble. He also has a good passing ability, very technical defender. He will be a starter for Defensor for sure.

Mathias Suarez is also a case of a player with good potential. While he is not that technical, he is really a player that goes box to box. Great pace and also handles the ball with two feets, sort of weird to find for a left back.

The Uruguayan tournament just started so its hard to give deep analisis but once some games passed i will tell you about the jewels from this small little country.

Regards,

You mentioned Rodrigo Amaral - is he the next 'big thing' in terms of a Uruguayan forward? I heard he's played great in the u20's but...how good was he?

Well... he is just 17 and showed what we call "potrero". That would mean basic football from the streets like, like "street wise" moves. If i have to give you an example i would say some of the moves Suarez performs that makes him so unique, but im far from comparing Amaral to Suarez.

He is a left footed central forward that can play on the wing. Despite having a weight not normal for his age and height, he proved to be agile. Good dribbler and with a very powerful left footed shoot.

In the U20 he contributed A LOT with great assists mostly but also scoring, but mostly participating in almost every single attack situation. In the final against Argentina, he elaborated the play that ended up in the first goal, a few minutes later he got injured and left the pitch, and that is when Argentina started dominating and eventually winning the tournament. So how important was he for Uruguay, i would say very much.

If i have to name the best forward prospect U20 i would say Amaral, if i have to name the best forward prospect no matter the age, i would have to say Jonathan Rodriguez, but he moved to Benfica out of the range of this thread, even tho for those who want i could make a brief report of him here, and from the time we had him playing in the Uruguayan league.

Cheers.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

Well... he is just 17 and showed what we call "potrero". That would mean basic football from the streets like' date=' like "street wise" moves. If i have to give you an example i would say some of the moves Suarez performs that makes him so unique, but im far from comparing Amaral to Suarez.

He is a left footed central forward that can play on the wing. Despite having a weight not normal for his age and height, he proved to be agile. Good dribbler and with a very powerful left footed shoot.

In the U20 he contributed A LOT with great assists mostly but also scoring, but mostly participating in almost every single attack situation. In the final against Argentina, he elaborated the play that ended up in the first goal, a few minutes later he got injured and left the pitch, and that is when Argentina started dominating and eventually winning the tournament. So how important was he for Uruguay, i would say very much.

If i have to name the best forward prospect U20 i would say Amaral, if i have to name the best forward prospect no matter the age, i would have to say Jonathan Rodriguez, but he moved to Benfica out of the range of this thread, even tho for those who want i could make a brief report of him here, and from the time we had him playing in the Uruguayan league.

Cheers.[/quote']

Thankyou very much!

So you reckon he will get minutes in the upcoming future with Nacional?

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

Thankyou very much!

So you reckon he will get minutes in the upcoming future with Nacional?

Mmmmm not quiet sure. At this very moment, Nacional is living a hard situation. They got a team of 33 players quiet high rated, because they were aiming to have 2 teams, one for the Libertadores cup and other for the National League, however, Nacional did not qualified for the Libertadores, and now there is like 5 players ahead of Amaral since Nacional will only play the league.

My bet is that Amaral wont have minutes in the main squad but he will in the youth team and well... in the U20 world cup.

Maybe when the season ends and Nacional rescinds many contracts we will see Amaral in action, even tho there are many offers from Europe for him, or at least that is what media says.

Regards,

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

If i have to name the best forward prospect U20 i would say Amaral' date=' if i have to name the best forward prospect no matter the age, i would have to say Jonathan Rodriguez, but he moved to Benfica out of the range of this thread, even tho for those who want i could make a brief report of him here, and from the time we had him playing in the Uruguayan league.[/quote']

I simply cannot believe you don't mention Gaston Pereiro ahead of Amaral. Each time I watched a game in the U20 or with Nacional playing recently, I tuned in to watch a different talent, yet each time this guy Pereiro showed his clever passing play and ability to glide past opponents. He hasn't got the raw speed of Jonathan Rodriguez, but he seems streets ahead of Amaral.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Uruguayan League

I simply cannot believe you don't mention Gaston Pereiro ahead of Amaral. Each time I watched a game in the U20 or with Nacional playing recently' date=' I tuned in to watch a different talent, yet each time this guy Pereiro showed his clever passing play and ability to glide past opponents. He hasn't got the raw speed of Jonathan Rodriguez, but he seems streets ahead of Amaral.[/quote']

I havent mentioned Gaston Pereiro in my early posts because we were refeering to forwards, Gaston is a playmaker, winger in a few ocassions.

About Gaston' date=' some pages down i made a brief report of what i saw of him in the U20 tournament

AM: Gaston Pereiro: After a dubious start in the tournament, he slowly started to prove why he is the number 10. Tall and talented playmaker, able to dribble players with great technique, started now to show a better passing skill but clearly his best aspect is the capability to play with the ball on his feet. Regular player of Nacional.

All i can tell of Amaral is what i saw in the U20, however from Gaston, its been a while since we can see him cause he is a regular starter for Nacional, and while its capabilities are known, he lacks of consistency, dissapearing in many games which does not transform him in a great Uruguayan promise or jewel. He needs that consistency and needs to become key on its team in order to enter that category.

Respuesta: Uruguayan League

Tabarez gave anounce of the players reserved for the next friendlies.

Fernando Muslera-Galatasaray (Turquía)

Martín Silva - Vasco da Gama (Brasil)

Rodrigo Muñoz - Libertad (Paraguay)

Maximiliano Pereira - Benfica (Portugal)

Matías Aguirregaray - Estudiantes LP (Argentina)

José María Giménez - Atlético de Madrid (España)

Diego Godín - Atlético de Madrid (España)

Sebastián Coates - Sunderland (Inglaterra)

Emiliano Velázquez - Getafe (España)

Gastón Silva - Torino (Italia)

Álvaro Pereira - Estudiantes LP (Argentina)

Mathías Corujo - U. de Chile (Chile)

Camilo Mayada - River Plate (Argentina)

Álvaro González - Torino (Italia)

Carlos Sánchez - River Plate (Argentina)

Egidio Arévalo Ríos - Tigres (México)

Walter Gargano - Nápoli (Italia)

Guzmán Pereira - U. de Chile (Chile)

Nicolás Lodeiro - Boca Jrs. (Argentina)

Gastón Ramírez - Hull City (Inglaterra)

Cristian Rodríguez - Parma (Italia)

Giorgian De Arrascaeta - Cruzeiro (Brasil)

Diego Rolan - Bordeaux (Francia)

Jonathan Rodríguez - Benfica (Portugal)

Edinson Cavani - PSG (Francia)

Cristhian Stuani - Espanyol (España)

Abel Hernández - Hull City (Inglaterra)

Marked the ones you are probably interested to know about.

Regards,