• 6 months later...

Well... when the Uruguayan tournament is about to end, there is a couple of interesting players to get...

First of all a brief on Brian Rodriguez... from nothing to Senior NT scoring 3 goals in 5 matches. Absolute wonderkid. Incredible that he is playing in such a low quality league like the MLS instead any major European League.

Peñarol:

The departure of Brian Rodriguez, left a hole open... and Facundo Pellistri, a 17 yo right/left winger took the spot. Of course he is not Brian, not even close, but hell.. this kid has the thunder. Amazing acceleration with great ball control and what is most important... he looks like been playing for years in team that puts lots of pressure. He has been taking care of the offense on his own despite his youth. He hasnt even been added to the DB yet and i doubt he will stay long in Peñarol as reports says that Arsenal has put an eye on the new jewel

Another interesting prospect is Matias De Los Santos. A motor in the middle capable of running the whole 90's and not loosing his passing efficiency. Showed some interesting shoot from far. A must get player.

Nacional:

Matias Viña. Probably one of the best players in the tournament. Already stablished as the left back starter of the senior NT. Very good on the offense and solid defense. Wont stay much in our league.

River Plate:

16 years old Matias Arezo. Despite his youth this kid make a breakthrough on the past 6 months scoring important goals and showing a very promising talent.

• 10 months later...

Well... clearly i was right about Pellistri (less than 1 year and a Man UTD signing now) but wrong about DE los Santos.

Hot prospect right now in Peñarol is Facundo Torres. A leftie AM/Secondary Striker who can also play on the wings. Capable goal scoring, fast and that... south american sort of way of feeling the game. Peñarol's new #10 a must get.<

An interesting 18yo Fenix prospect also on Ugarte. A midfielder motor with leading skills and quiet temper. They say he will be out to Europe in mid 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 6:58 PM, Juanchitoox said:

Well... clearly i was right about Pellistri (less than 1 year and a Man UTD signing now) but wrong about DE los Santos.

Hot prospect right now in Peñarol is Facundo Torres. A leftie AM/Secondary Striker who can also play on the wings. Capable goal scoring, fast and that... south american sort of way of feeling the game. Peñarol's new #10 a must get.<

An interesting 18yo Fenix prospect also on Ugarte. A midfielder motor with leading skills and quiet temper. They say he will be out to Europe in mid 2021.

Good too see you still writing on here.

I have found myself back on the forum, are you playing any gameworlds?

JMH

On 10/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, -JMH- said:

Good too see you still writing on here.

I have found myself back on the forum, are you playing any gameworlds?

JMH

Hey mate, long time no see ya! 

Im playing game worlds, only 1 club (my oldest one). Found myself with no time to spend in more than that. I come back to this thread every now and then when i spot some hot prospects.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, Juanchitoox said:

Hey mate, long time no see ya! 

Im playing game worlds, only 1 club (my oldest one). Found myself with no time to spend in more than that. I come back to this thread every now and then when i spot some hot prospects.

Good to see. Myself i just play EC7777 & GC1. Not much time either! 

I did a deep dive on Uruguay, interesting to see Man City / Etihad Group club Torque performing high. 

Also active on Soccerwiki, trying to keep the squads update as possible, just sent several players down into Division 2 to clubs like Central, Villa Teresa, Villa Espanola

On 10/23/2020 at 6:36 AM, -JMH- said:

Good to see. Myself i just play EC7777 & GC1. Not much time either! 

I did a deep dive on Uruguay, interesting to see Man City / Etihad Group club Torque performing high. 

Also active on Soccerwiki, trying to keep the squads update as possible, just sent several players down into Division 2 to clubs like Central, Villa Teresa, Villa Espanola

Good to see you back JMH, a true legend of the SM forums...

• 4 months later...

Agustin Alvarez Martinez

Peñarol's new #9.

A 19 yo forward with an interesting set of skills. Movements off ball, great timing, great posting moves and a significant scoring capability. Called for the U20 NT. Its weird to see this set of skills on young striker as this skills are quiet technical and most of the #9 develop it over the years.

Great future, rated 77 a must get.

4 hours ago, Juanchitoox said:

Agustin Alvarez Martinez

Peñarol's new #9.

A 19 yo forward with an interesting set of skills. Movements off ball, great timing, great posting moves and a significant scoring capability. Called for the U20 NT. Its weird to see this set of skills on young striker as this skills are quiet technical and most of the #9 develop it over the years.

Thanks for that. Who else should we watch out for?

What do you think of Laborda? Is he a top talent?

20 hours ago, jaybee said:

Thanks for that. Who else should we watch out for?

What do you think of Laborda? Is he a top talent?

Laborda is good but not a top talen imo.

Other interesting players (besides Arezo already named here)

-Vicente Poggi
-Cesar Araujo

-Agustin Alvarez Wallace

The three players called for the U20 NT with minutes in the first squad. Wallace not a starter yet but looks promising.

3 hours ago, Juanchitoox said:

Laborda is good but not a top talen imo.

Other interesting players (besides Arezo already named here)

-Vicente Poggi
-Cesar Araujo

-Agustin Alvarez Wallace

The three players called for the U20 NT with minutes in the first squad. Wallace not a starter yet but looks promising.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Is Facundo Torres still doing well?

I noticed too that Danubio had a 16 year old called Siri playing. Know much of him?

On 3/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, jaybee said:

Thanks. I appreciate that. Is Facundo Torres still doing well?

I noticed too that Danubio had a 16 year old called Siri playing. Know much of him?

Facundo Torres a jewel to the point that he was reserved for the NT. An absolute must get.

Nicolas Siri became the youngest to score a hat trick the other day. To soon to predict as he played very few but looks promising. Quality in the finishing 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, Juanchitoox said:

Facundo Torres a jewel to the point that he was reserved for the NT. An absolute must get.

Nicolas Siri became the youngest to score a hat trick the other day. To soon to predict as he played very few but looks promising. Quality in the finishing 

Hey, what do you think of Christopher Fiermarin these days ?..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i am very happy to find this thread again, i am even more happy that you update it from time to time, thanks for that, Juanchitoox. You gave good advice years ago which helped me a lot.

I noticed Piquerez has a lot of minutes, do you think he is good enough for a move to europe ?

Do you rate him ? Soccerway lists him now as a defender, where does he play normally now ?

Thanks for your help,

cheers,

Damian

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 3:41 AM, Damian said:

Hi,

i am very happy to find this thread again, i am even more happy that you update it from time to time, thanks for that, Juanchitoox. You gave good advice years ago which helped me a lot.

I noticed Piquerez has a lot of minutes, do you think he is good enough for a move to europe ?

Do you rate him ? Soccerway lists him now as a defender, where does he play normally now ?

Thanks for your help,

cheers,

Damian

Piquerez is defo Europe material. While he is playing his first season as a left back he has the whole set of skills to become a top one. 1.85 athletic, very fast, with monster stamina and very good associating. He needs to improve in his defensive skills but he is really getting there.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:12 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Hey, what do you think of Christopher Fiermarin these days ?..

Fiermarin did a very solid season aswell as the whole team. IMO its too soon to place the tag as one of the best in the league cause Torque played most of his games protecting his GK with posession and in games against the top teams Fiermarin had his upside downs. Good GK that needs more time to solidify

On 3/17/2021 at 9:31 AM, Juanchitoox said:

Agustin Alvarez Martinez

Peñarol's new #9.

About to sign a new contract with a major release clause. Scored a brace with an assist and a key pass the other day. Really... a must get.

5 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Hi mate! I just discovered this thread, nice one!

What are your thoughts on Rodrigo Piñeiro? I think he recently moved to the MLS, though. Cheers :)

I have been following his progress since he first joined Peñarol. TBH he has a very interesting set of skills to be a good modern right footed - left wing, however... his mindset has been always an issue, with some doubts about how professional this kid can be.

In my opinion... MLS is not the place for South American kids to develop, as culturally speaking... they dont have the challenges they need, so i wouldnt expect much but if he corrects his habits, and sets in the MLS he could play there for a while.

9 minutes ago, Juanchitoox said:

I have been following his progress since he first joined Peñarol. TBH he has a very interesting set of skills to be a good modern right footed - left wing, however... his mindset has been always an issue, with some doubts about how professional this kid can be.

In my opinion... MLS is not the place for South American kids to develop, as culturally speaking... they dont have the challenges they need, so i wouldnt expect much but if he corrects his habits, and sets in the MLS he could play there for a while.

I'm out of reactions for today, but I appreciate your useful insight!

I bought him just for profit some time ago and had a couple of rises in the last 4 months. So, maybe it's time to let him go, for now. Thank you! :)

Another superb performance of Facundo Torres, impossible to stop 1 vs 1. Scoring a goal and voted man of the match

Alvarez Martinez was also in the score sheet with 2 goals. The first one is a poem dedicated to the greatest headers in the history of the game. 

Very solid display of Nacional's midfield with the young duo Emiliano Martinez (21yo rated 76) and Joaquin Trasante (22yo rated 76). With 10 men the major part of the match yesterday against a strong team as Atletico Nacional,Trasante managed to hold and push the team forward.

Also Brian Ocampo (22yo rated 78) looked like a real menace in both libertadores games with a solid 1 vs 1 very hard to stop and great crosses inside the box.

3 players to keep an eye on, without a doubt.