Massive win of Peñarol yesterday 0-2 against Corinthians in Sao Paulo. Another great performance of Facundo Torres, unmatched in the 1vs1. Piquerez also played a huge game giving an assist and owning his side completely against a top RB as Fagner is. 

While this time he didnt scored, Alvarez Martinez did a good work battling the two CB and been the point of the sword in every single pressure. 

The Peñarol kids passed the Continental test. Its going to be hard to keep Torres and Piquerez after July, Alvarez Martinez has more chances due to his high release clause (20M). 

On 4/23/2021 at 2:10 PM, Juanchitoox said:

Alvarez Martinez is signing his new contract today with a historical release clause of 20M

What is the highest rating he could reach at his current club? 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Juanchitoox said:

Very solid display of Nacional's midfield with the young duo Emiliano Martinez (21yo rated 76) and Joaquin Trasante (22yo rated 76). With 10 men the major part of the match yesterday against a strong team as Atletico Nacional,Trasante managed to hold and push the team forward.

Also Agustin Ocampo (22yo rated 78) looked like a real menace in both libertadores games with a solid 1 vs 1 very hard to stop and great crosses inside the box.

3 players to keep an eye on, without a doubt.

Grazie m8 for your effort in informing us. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to make a brief update on Uruguayan League hottest prospects:

-Facundo Torres

The absolute jewell right now made his senior NT debut against Paraguay taking charge of the offense like he was playing on his backyard. Now with the NT at the Copa America entered against Bolivia to end up with a beautiful assist for Cavani's 2-0. His release clause went from 15M to 20M. I have inside information, and they assure me that Torres is out to Europe after August "Clasicos" for Copa Sudamericana.

-Agustin Alvarez Martinez
A friggin hitman. A 90' constant pressure forward with a massive poaching talent with his positioning. He is the second U20 with more goals so far in this year after some guy named Erling Haaland. When you think you are already out of words, this kid pulls out something like this:

Minutes: 1:39 and 2:22

-Brian Ocampo

The Nacional talent. This kid growth has been impressive on the end of last season and the start of the current one making him a senior NT player now. He debuted against Argentina showing some skills but not enough time or participation to distinguish. He looks like an early peaker but who knows.

-Matias Arezo

After a last season where he dropped in his performaces, he is back scoring 5 goals in 7 games. I honestly havent seen him in any of those games since i have been working a lot but i promise to give a more accurate resume apart from just numbers.

How big of a talent is Matias Arezo? I never saw him playing, only highlights on Youtube. What they say about him in Uruguay? Can he be the next Suarez or Cavani? He has impressive numbers for a 18 years old player. 

3 minutes ago, Patron said:

How big of a talent is Matias Arezo? I never saw him playing, only highlights on Youtube. What they say about him in Uruguay? Can he be the next Suarez or Cavani? He has impressive numbers for a 18 years old player. 

He made a breakthrough with just 16yo. He is a powerfull forward in terms of his physicallity and athleticism. He also possess a great scoring instinct and he is very good at making his own oppportunities when the team is not able to feed him (similar to Suarez in this aspect). While last season he has not been up to the expectantions, this one finds him back on his thing. This kid has no roof and needs to go and hone his skills in europe. I believe theres good chances for him to end up at Atletico Madrid but nothing confirmed yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...