Gold Championship 6 Match Report Thread

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 6 Alt Madrid manager SonofPluto welcomes the arrival of Winston into La Liga after the sad departure of former manager Dan Payne. SoP asked for a worthy manager to replace Dan

Re: Gold Championship 6 Match Report Thread Real keep pressure up on leaders Atletico Athletic Bilbao 1 - 4 Real MadridVeigar Páll GUNNARSSON (43) Didier DROGBA (55) Sabrosa SIMAO (

Re: Gold Championship 6 Fenerbache keep 2nd spot with a 2-1 home win against Benfica. Nuno Gomes put the away side in front after 20 minutes, but Fenerbache came back strong just before half time, wi

Re: Gold Championship 6

Sunday Is The Day

Eazy is quiting Liverpool as Mr. Adam is going to take them.

Eazy is thinking about not moving Countries but only if he gets bored of the team he goes to.

The new boss rumoured to be takig over at Liverpool

Has thanked publicly Grant "eazy" Thame for his great work with club, keeping there assets in place. He finally thanked him for letting me have such a great team like Liverpool in a gold championship ! :)

Marseille 2 - 2 Lyon

First game in charge of French champions Lyon, Raz was expecting a tough game away to close rivals Marseille in the league. A second half brace from Zigic gave Lyon a draw - and a point to take back after marseille went 2 up in the first half through Djibril Cisse and Mickael Pagis.

Lyon face unmanaged and 3rd from bottom Lorient saturday night and should come away with an easy 3pts to keep marching up the table.

Fenerbache 2 - 2 Hajduk Split

Another disappointing draw for Fenerbache as they are losing their lead over 3rd and 4th place.

Sanli Tuncay put Fenerbache in front on 10mins, before Tonci Zilic equalised. Tuncay put Fenerbache in front again on 77mins but Hajduk equalised again with 10mins left, through Tomislav Busic.

So Fenerbache keep their 2nd place, but Panathinaikos are now only a point behind.

1 Maccabi Haifa 23 15 3 5 42 25 17 48

2 FENERBAHçE 23 13 5 5 42 21 21 44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Panathinaikos 23 13 4 6 31 26 5 43

4 Galatasaray 23 11 5 7 37 24 13 38

5 Hajduk Split 23 11 4 8 40 31 9 37

6 AEK Athens 23 11 3 9 40 29 11 36

7 Besiktas 23 9 8 6 31 20 11 35

8 CD Nacional Madeira 23 9 8 6 29 22 7 35

9 Dinamo Zagreb 23 9 7 7 32 31 1 34

10 FC Porto 23 9 6 8 28 33 -5 33

11 Sporting Braga 23 8 7 8 41 29 12 31

12 Trabzonspor 23 8 6 9 21 25 -4 30

13 Olympiakos 23 8 5 10 32 43 -11 29

14 Partizan Beograd 23 8 5 10 25 37 -12 29

15 Vitoria Setubal 23 7 5 11 34 41 -7 26

16 Boavista 23 6 6 11 29 35 -6 24

17 Crvena Zvezda 23 7 3 13 22 32 -10 24

18 Benfica 23 6 6 11 22 37 -15 24

19 Sporting 23 5 7 11 25 38 -13 22

20 PAOK 23 4 3 16 24 48 -24 15

Next up is Galatasary in the Mediterranean Shield Final, George is expected to give the reserves their chance to shine again.

Meanwhile, on the transfer front, Fenerbache have rejected an £11.5 million bid from Manchester United for Sanli Tuncay.

Tuncay has been in good form, and was the subject of a £25million bid from West Ham United earlier on in the season.

Valencia 5-0 Real Betis

Another fantastic win for Valencia who move up to second place in the Spanish league table, still 8 points behind the leaders.

Fernando Morientes started off the scoring in the 11th minute of the game, 4 minutes later it was 2-0 after Andres D'Alessandro got another goal to add to his impressive tally despite not being at the club that long.

The rest of the goals came in the second half, Valencia's third came 3 minutes after the break when Joaquin used his pace to beat defenders and lashed the ball home. Within a minute it was 4-0 to Valencia, this time it was Carlos Marchena's turn to get the goal.

The scoring was rounded off from Valencia's star striker David Villa in the 78th minute of the game when he pounced on a mistake from the Betis defenders mistake and finished well.

Valencia leapfrog Atlético Madrid into second place and are still hopeful of catching Zaragoza.

Slightly off topic from my match report but I noticed that the top 4 teams in the table were all forumers :)

1st. Zaragoza - Danny

2nd. Valencia - me :D

3rd. Atlético Madrid - son of pluto

4th. Villarreal - Fraser

147.gif791.gif

Elche 1-2 Real Madrid Castilla

Real Madrid Castilla continued thier major roll and moved up to 14th in the league. The team still has a stamina problem but Tom has nearly resolved that.

Alvaro Negredo put Real in front after 23 minutes following a perfect passing movement that you would expect to see from the senior Real Madrid team. Marcos Tebar steals the ball from the defence to put Real Madrid Castilla 2-0 before half time. Elche pulled one back with a spectacular long drive that crashed into the top corner. It was a even possesion game, but Elcje had more shots, but were wasteful. Real had less shots but more on target.

On 25th June Real Madrid Castilla have the oppertunity to play in the SMFA Shield next season. Cadiz stand in their way in the Spanish Cup final.

REAL MADRID CASTILLA FOR EUROPE!!

Taken over liverpool' date=' have a tiny squad :( and they are all not match fit, got some work to do lol :) ( thanks grant ;) )

Any loans from 85-90 would be appreciated, in all positions , particulary a striker.

Xabi Alonso and Gerrard are up for sale, id want two 92+ players in exchange and money

adam mate, i have a relatively small squad but i can loan you cesar arzo - DM/CM 21yrs old rated 87.

also, if interested marcos senna is available for £15mill. :)

i manage villarreal.

adam mate' date=' i have a relatively small squad but i can loan you [b']cesar arzo - DM/CM 21yrs old rated 87. [/b]

also, if interested marcos senna is available for £15mill. :)

i manage villarreal.

I have great centre midfielders so its a thank you for the offer but no :)

Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, gerrard and sissoko, As for the loan i think ill be ok for now, iv recalled a couple of players of paul ( sorry bud ) and Bryan has been a legend and loaned me three, but if i need him ill be the first to PM you :)

Fernandez ? for sale at all, could throw in youngsters like Hammil ?

Mediterranean Shield Cup Final Tonight!

B)

Fenerbache face arch rivals Galatasary tonight in a local derby. These games are always fierce, but with an important cup at stake, it will be even fiercer.

A place in Europe is on the cards as well, the winner getting the privilege of being in the SMFA Shield next season. Despite this both teams will be hoping to be in the SMFA Champs Cup next season, Fenerbache still in this seasons and in the 2nd qualifying spot via the league, Galatasary in 4th, still able to get to 2nd.

Fenerbache are expected to play reserves, Galatasary's starting line up is unknown but it will probably be the first team.

Galatasary probably favourites then, if they play their first team, but as Fenerbache proved getting this far, some reserve teams are capable of beating first teams.

Check this thread tomorrow for a full match report B)

Ajax win Holland & Belgium Shield

Ajax won the Holland & Belgium Shield tonight in a dramatic penalty shoot-out, after playing virtually the whole game with 10 men. Ajax winger Quaresma was sent off after only 6 minutes by what was deemed to be a professional foul. This only seemed to inspire Ajax, as after 69 minutes the inform Perez raced through for the opening goal.

However, with just 7 minutes remaining Guiseppe Rossini equalised for FC Utrecht. After this, both teams seemed content to play out for penalties, which a very tense affair. Ajax seemed to keep the nerves under control as they eventually ran out 2-0 winners from the spot kicks to give them their first trophy of the season.

Fenerbache are crowned Mediterranean Shield Winners!

Last night, Fenerbache faced Galatasary in the cup final, a local derby, one with even more up for grabs than usual............... a cup winners trophy, and more importantly, a definite place in Europe next season.

Fenerbache's reserves made a quick start, with Mateja Kezman and Manuel Vieria Joao Pinto scoring inside 13mins.

Thomas Helveg was then sent off, leaving Fenerbache with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Hakan Sukur pulled one back on 34mins, but they couldn't find an equaliser and Fenerbache held on for a memorable win.

Fenerbache were awared £5million for the win, a club official saying ' We won't be spending it just yet '

Still no news on who I'm playing next in the SMFA Champs Cup.:(

Still no news on who I'm playing next in the SMFA Champs Cup.

Draw has been made :)

VALENCIA - Sao Paulo

Fenerbahçe - Manchester United

Bayern Munchen - Chelsea

Ajax Amsterdam - FC Kobenhavn

Roma - Internazionale

Barcelona - Arsenal

Real Madrid - Fiorentina

Marseille - Milan

My Valencia is at home to Sao Paulo

George's Fenerbahce are at home to Man United

Is it just me and George that are the only forumers still in the SMFA champions cup? :confused: Don't recognize any of the other names :o

Well done on the domestic cup win the other night George mate

Anyway, good luck George mate, hopefully one of us will win it :D

Draw has been made

VALENCIA - Sao Paulo

Fenerbahçe - Manchester United

Bayern Munchen - Chelsea

Ajax Amsterdam - FC Kobenhavn

Roma - Internazionale

Barcelona - Arsenal

Real Madrid - Fiorentina

Marseille - Milan

My Valencia is at home to Sao Paulo

George's Fenerbahce are at home to Man United

Is it just me and George that are the only forumers still in the SMFA champions cup? :confused: Don't recognize any of the other names

Well done on the domestic cup win the other night George mate

Anyway' date=' good luck George mate, hopefully one of us will win it :D[/quote']

:( Tough game for me, good luck to you as well Bryan. :)

Barcelona 0-4 Valencia

Yet another win for Valencia, this time they humped Spanish giants Barcelona by 4 goals. :)

In the 15th minute of the game Fernando Morientes converted a fantastic cross with a well placed header.

3 minutes later it was 2-0 to the away side when a spectacular long range shot by Edu flew into the top corner!.

It was 3-0 to Valencia when, using all his skill, Edu darted past the defenders and drove the ball past the keeper.

The scoring was finished off by the man who started it, Fernando Morientes scored his second goal of the game with another header.

It was a very good night for Valencia, league leaders Zaragoza lost to Betis and 3rd placed Atletico Madrid were beaten by 4th placed Villarreal (cheers for that Fraser ;) )

So the gap which was once 11 points is now down to 5.......feeling the heat yet Danny boy? :)

VALENCIA FOR THE TITLE!!!!!!!

Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool

In his first game in charge Johnson was faced with a Merseyside clash. This game was not just a derby, it was a relegation clash as well with Everton occupying 18th place and Liverpool occupying 17th. Johnson fielded a team missing Gerrard, Crouch, Kujt, Carragher, Macherano, Agger, Finnan and Risse.

He felt he had no choice as many of them were simply not match fit ( between 0 - 20 % fitness :eek: )

The first goal came in the third minute courtesy of Harry Kewell who taped the goal in when his original shot came back cannoning of the bar.

This goal eased Johnsons nerves but his feathers were to be ruffled again when in the 10th minute on-loan striker Tavano got sent off for abusing the referee and dissent.

Liverpool still pressed and was rewarded with a goal in the 40th minute when sending slotted the ball into the net.

This 2-0 win by no means ends Liverpools relegation battle even though they moved up to 14th they are only 3 points in front of the drop zone !:eek:

Liverpool are a hefty 13 points from european qualification but Manager Adam Johnson has set his sights on the last of the SMFA shield qualifying places and hopes skipper Steven gerrard along with other players and potential new signings can spur them onto achieve such a big U turn of there season.

Ustari and Corluka joins reds revolution !

Both Signings arrived from Dinamo Zagreb. Johnson's first signing was the young Croat Corluka. This talented defender has attracted interest from all over europe but thankfully the reds manager landed his man.

He was quick to notice Ustari , and soon after the Corluka signing launched a bid which sealed his man for around 13 million pounds. With Reina between the sticks and carson on loan, Ustari is added to a squad that boasts great keepers.

Johnson is set to announce the signature of a phenomenal player in the next day, the offer is an expensive one but Johnson feels he needs this man to get up the table. He is also expect to announce the sale of Xabi Alonso over the next few days.

USTARI - GK - 89 is available for loan :)

St Etienne 0 - 1 Lyon

Raz continues his unbeaten form in charge of french champions lyon - this time the victims were st etienne. Raz has won 2 and drew 1 in charge of the french side - pushing his side up 5 spots in the table since taking over. Next week - 2nd in the table Nantes visit Lyon for what looks set to be make or break for Raz's new Lyon side.