Gold Championship 6 Match Report Thread

Re: Gold Championship 6

REAL MADRID CASTILLA LIFT THE SPANISH CUP!

791.gif143.gif

Real Madrid Castilla 3-1 Cadiz

Real Madrid Castilla lifted the Spanish Cup after beating Cadiz 3-1 at the Alfredo Di Stefano stadium. Ruben de la Red, Agus and Alvaro Negredo put Real 3-0 up before half time. de la Red took credit after his long shot was deflected in by a centre back. 20 minutes later Agus rounded his marker and nuttmegged the Cadiz keeper to make it 2-0. The final blow came from Alvaro Negredo wonder strike. He smashed it home from 30 yards. Nano got a consolation goal for Cadiz after 78 minutes.

Real Madrid Castilla will be competing in the SMFA Shield next season and have been awarded £5 million in prize money. Tom is currently bidding on Birmingham's Carlo Cudicini and Liverpool's Adam Hamill.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 6 Alt Madrid manager SonofPluto welcomes the arrival of Winston into La Liga after the sad departure of former manager Dan Payne. SoP asked for a worthy manager to replace Dan

Re: Gold Championship 6 Match Report Thread Real keep pressure up on leaders Atletico Athletic Bilbao 1 - 4 Real MadridVeigar Páll GUNNARSSON (43) Didier DROGBA (55) Sabrosa SIMAO (

Re: Gold Championship 6 Fenerbache keep 2nd spot with a 2-1 home win against Benfica. Nuno Gomes put the away side in front after 20 minutes, but Fenerbache came back strong just before half time, wi

REAL MADRID CASTILLA LIFT THE SPANISH CUP!

791.gif143.gif

Real Madrid Castilla 3-1 Cadiz

Real Madrid Castilla lifted the Spanish Cup after beating Cadiz 3-1 at the Alfredo Di Stefano stadium. Ruben de la Red' date=' Agus and Alvaro Negredo put Real 3-0 up before half time. de la Red took credit after his long shot was deflected in by a centre back. 20 minutes later Agus rounded his marker and nuttmegged the Cadiz keeper to make it 2-0. The final blow came from Alvaro Negredo wonder strike. He smashed it home from 30 yards. Nano got a consolation goal for Cadiz after 78 minutes.

Real Madrid Castilla will be competing in the SMFA Shield next season and have been awarded £5 million in prize money. Tom is currently bidding on Birmingham's Carlo Cudicini and Liverpool's Adam Hamill.[/quote']

very well done mate...got to say hats off :rolleyes:

West Bromwich Albion 0 - 2 Wolves

13th June

The black country derby gave the orange side of the midlands the bragging rights for the time being. Victory at the Hawthorns came with Clapham and Bothroyd both finding the net in the first half.

Good result Steve but since when did Wolves play in orange?:mad:

Holland play in Orange, Wolves play in Old Gold.B)

Valencia Raid

Liverpool have launched a 18 million pound bid for the left back Moretti. The left back position in johnsons eyes is his weakest and he hopes he can tempt bryan to sell Moretti with this bid

Valencia raid? With the longest getaway ever?

The Valencia manager had this to say about Moretti's future at the club:

At the moment he is a Valencia player, we have had an offer from Liverpool that we are contemplating but nothing has been decided yet. He is currently injured for the next 3 weeks so we have plenty of time to mull over the Liverpool bid, no point in accepting the bid when he can't play and we don't have a replacement player if we do decided to accept the bid. We are currently struggling for players at the moment, last time I counted we only had 14 fit first team players, one of which is the reserve goalkeeper. Basically we have 13 fit players to play and mount a serious title challenge."

Sorry if it seems like I'm ignoring the bid Adam mate, been trying to find a good replacement player but nobody wants to sell :(

At least he is injured so you're not missing out on him, in fact I'm doing you a favor, you don't want to be paying an injured players wages do you :)

I will get back to you when/if I find a replacement :)

well we crushed Barca 3-0 tonight i think the winning run will start again from tonights win

pffft I beat them 4-0 a couple of games ago :rolleyes: lol

Levante 1-2 Valencia

A wins a win:

Most important thing is the 3 points, doesn't matter how I get them as long as I get them

Valencia dominated the game but failed to take the most of their chances, Valencia had more than 5 times as many shots on goal than struggler's Levante.

Carlos Marchena got the opener on the 55 minute of the game when his shot goes in via deflection

Levante shocked the visitors by drawing level in the 61st minute, Pegguy Luyindula got the goal.

But it was ex-Zaragoza player Andres D'Alessandro who scored to keep the pressure on his old club. His chip was fumbled by the keeper and rolled over the line to gift Valencia all three points.

A deflection and a fumble, like I said, doesn't matter how you win as long as you win ;)

With 12 games to go and being 6 points behind league leaders Zaragoza, this was a must win game for Valencia who can't afford to slip up (Especially with Fraser's Villarreal only 2 points behind me in 3rd place and sonofpluto's A.Madrid only 3 points behind me in 4th place :rolleyes: )

Could be a very interesting end to the season guys, I wish you all luck :)

Liverpool win again !

Since taking over the reigns as liverpool maanger 3 games ago, Johnso has rejuvenated his squad. he has brought in some fresh faces and has won his first three games in charge.

Tonight liverpool faced Bolton and came out of the reebok with the three points with a hard fought 2-1 victory.

Liverpool Dominated play and also had more shots. A goal from new signing Higuain in the third minute gave Liverpool the lead. Since joining Higuain has settled in nicely scoring 2 in 2. Later on in the game Crouch over ruled boltons eqaliser in the 63rd minute.

FENERBACHE HEAD INTO CRUNCH SMFA CHAMPS CUP GAME WITH A POOR LOSS!

Fenerbache head into tomorrow night's huge SMFA Champs Cup game against Manchester United on the back of a 1-0 loss to Vitoria Setubal.

George said ' We played our reserves but that is no excuse, we should win against this kind of opposition. We are now 7pts off Maccabi Haifa, so have probably missed out on the title, we need to keep hold of 2nd though, and stay in the cup. '

Ryan Babel added ' I am looking forward to this game, I haven't played much since joining due to the rotation system which works pretty well, but I am pleased to be at the club. We are going all out to win tomorrow and will be disapointed if we're knocked out. '

Btw, I'm posting this now as I won't be on tomorrow:(

Fenerbacge crashed out of the SMFA Champions Cup last night against Manchester United.

Craig Bellamy gave them the lead on 19mins, but United came back strong late on, with Dong Fangzhou equalising on 71mins, and Giuseppe Rossi giving them the win 4mins later. :(

George said ' Maybe I shouldn't of given Marcos Angeleri his debut in such a crucial game ( He recently joined from Estudiantes for £10m ). I am so so disappointed with this result, I thought we could win, but to lose after taking the lead is devastating.

We really need to pick our league form up now, if we don't qualify for next season's it will be a poor season for us, even though we won the Med cup. '

It looks like it was a bad night all round for forumers, with Bryan knocked out as well :(

Valencia 3-2 Getafe

The hunt is still on...

After the dissapointment of crashing out of the SMFA cup last night, it was back to wining ways in the league for Valencia.

They made it hard for themselves though, they were down 2-0 at one stage Albert Celades and Manu Del Moral getting the goals for Getafe.

But the fightback came from the midfield of Valencia, Ruben Baraja got the first before veteran defender Roberto Ayala drew the home side level.

Miguel Angulo got the winner for Valencia though, his right footed shot flew into the back of the net.

20061122215426401.jpg

Valencia remain 6 points behind La Liga leaders Zaragoza though, will Valencia win their battle? Who knows?.....

Fenerbache's disappointment continues as they can only draw against unmanaged and bottom side PAOK.

Stelios Eladis gave PAOK the lead on 11mins and for a while they must of thought they were going to get a shock win.

However, as he has done so many times this season now, Alex rescued Fenerbache with a goal on 79mins.

Fenerbache stay 2nd, but are now only a point ahead of 3rd placed Panathinaikos with 11 games left.

Meanwhile, Boral Ugur is on his way out of Turkey, an accepted bid of £9 million from Celtic.

Have just picked up Real Madrid in GC 6! Im looking to spend my lucrative budget on defenders and many P/e's.

Is this setup good for deals? It seems that a few players have moved from club to club but what are the chances of me getting a 93+ defender for example.

Looking forward to next season though as Madrid now look to be heading for a Uefa cup spot at 5th in the league. :mad:

Have just picked up Real Madrid in GC 6! Im looking to spend my lucrative budget on defenders and many P/e's.

Is this setup good for deals? It seems that a few players have moved from club to club but what are the chances of me getting a 93+ defender for example.

Looking forward to next season though as Madrid now look to be heading for a Uefa cup spot at 5th in the league. :mad:

Woo hoo another forumer in Spain!!

you should know who is who in it by now lol...I'm Zaragoza!

Osasuna 1-1 Valencia

Is the dream over?

Disappointment for Valencia fans a couple of nights ago, they had to watch their side held to a draw against Osasuna.

Valencia were favorites going into the game but were 1-0 down after only 7 minutes, Valdo rounder the Valencia keeper and finished well to give the home side the surprise lead.

The points seemed to be going to the home side until the 70th minute when a long ball over the defense was brought down wonderfully by Carlos Marchena who vollyed past the still keeper to draw his side level.

valencia4.jpg

With 10 games to go Valencia are still 6 points behind La Liga leaders Zaragoza, Valencia's next game is against 3rd placed Atletico Madrid who are only 1 point behind them in the league. Everything looks set for a tight end to the season, any of the top 4 might win the league, watch this space :)

Valencia 2-1 Atlético Madrid

The late show..........

This game didn't really spark into life until 60th minute of the game to be honest, the 2nd v 3rd placed team game just didn't really live up to the hype it received before the game.

60: GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Luis PEREA! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire! (0-1)

69: GOAL!! - David VILLA hits it early leaving the keeper stranded! (1-1)

77: GOAL!! - EDU thunders in an overhead kick! Fantastic athleticism! (2-1)

After 29 games in La Liga the table looks like this:

1st: Zaragoza - 69 points (+47 GD)

2nd: VALENCIA - 63 points (+45 GD)

3rd: Atletico Madrid - 59 points (+39 GD)

4th: Villarreall - 58 points (+33 GD)

Fenerbache 5 - 1 Trabzonspor

After all the recent disappointments of going out of the SMFA Champs Cup, and losing 2nd place the league, Fenerbache pulled off an absolutely superb away performance and regained 2nd spot.

It started badly, TRabzonspor going ahead through Miroslaw Szymkowiak on after 5 minutes.

Approaching half time, it looked like Fenerbache would go in 1-0 down, but 3 goals in an amazing 4 minutes of play put them firmly in front to shock the crowd. These goals were scored by Brito Mehmet Aurelio, Yozgatli Mehmet and Sanli Tuncay.

Almost as soon as the 2nd half had started, Fenerbache looked like scoring and Tuncay's second goal on 49mins made it 4 - 1. Craig Bellamy finished the scoring on 69 minutes.

1 Maccabi Haifa 29 18 4 7 54 35 19 58

2 FENERBAHçE 29 15 7 7 52 29 23 52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Panathinaikos 29 15 7 7 37 31 6 52

4 AEK Athens 29 14 5 10 53 36 17 47

5 Galatasaray 29 13 6 10 45 32 13 45

6 Hajduk Split 29 13 6 10 48 40 8 45

7 CD Nacional Madeira 29 11 11 7 36 27 9 44

8 Sporting Braga 29 12 7 10 52 36 16 43

9 Dinamo Zagreb 29 11 9 9 39 37 2 42

10 Olympiakos 29 12 5 12 42 49 -7 41

11 Benfica 29 11 6 12 39 43 -4 39

12 FC Porto 29 11 6 12 33 51 -18 39

13 Besiktas 29 9 10 10 35 28 7 37

14 Trabzonspor 29 9 8 12 28 36 -8 35

15 Partizan Beograd 29 9 8 12 36 46 -10 35

16 Vitoria Setubal 29 9 7 13 42 49 -7 34

17 Sporting 29 8 9 12 34 44 -10 33

18 Crvena Zvezda 29 9 4 16 32 48 -16 31

19 Boavista 29 7 8 14 35 44 -9 29

20 PAOK 29 5 5 19 31 62 -31 20

So, Fenerbache second again, but with 9 games to go, anything is possible, maybe even the league title still.

Liverpool eye possible European qualification ?

When taking over the realm at Liverpool some 6 games ago. Manager Adam Johnson had one thing in sight, and that was Premiership Safety. The reds were one point and place above the relegation zone and many scousers were fearing for there beloved club.

Johnson came in and won the first three on the bounce against, Everton, Arsenal and Bolton.

The next three games saw two draws and a victory.

Liverpool 1-1 Sheffield United

A slightly disappointing result but never the less Liverpool remained unbeaten and were playing good football and were unlucky to not to win. In the 33rd minute Peter Crouch showed his ability with a fantastic touch and a volley to match it which left the goalkeeper standing. Quinn in the 46th minute equalised with a toe poke :rolleyes:

Liverpool 0 - 0 Blackburn

Another slightly disappointing result left fans frustrated yet feel happy still. A very boring match with little action, Blackburn had little chances which is always a plus to take away.

Liverpool 2 - 1 Watford

Premiership new boys had a tough time against liverpool but stood strong, however a result for them was never really going to happen. A brace from the on form Higuain sealed the three points

After being over 10 points away from the European qualification slots, Liverpool are now only four. They remain unbeaten and Johnson hopes he can get European football next year !

Italian and Udinese forward Di Natale will join Liverpool tomorrow in a deal worth 18 million. Johnson has publicly declared that he needs forwards and is said to be delighted at the capture of such a talented player. He will be liverpools 4th striker on there books.

Real Sociedad 2-1 Valencia

Lost, but don't lose.....

It was a bad night for Valencia when they took on Real Sociedad, despite it being a very close game, the home side managed to beat the high flying Valencia.

Diego Rivas gave the home side the lead in the second half, his chip made Canizares look foolish and stranded, unable to stop the ball from ending up in the back of the net.

In the 70th minute, Fernando Morientes found himself in acres of space and made no mistake from 15 yards out to draw Valencia level and bag his 16th goal of the season in all competitions.

morientes_me_e.jpg

With only a minute to go until full time everything looked like the points would be shared but the home side had other ideas. After a scramble in the box Mikel Aranburu bundled the ball over the line to give Sociedad all three points.

Despite the loss Valencia remain 6 point behind league leaders Zaragoza who also lost but with only 8 games to go Valencia are starting to run out of games to catch the leaders.......

169.gif791.gif

Sporting Gijon 0-3 Real Madrid Castilla

Real Madrid Castilla pulled out a great win today at Sporting Gijon. Juan Mata converted a pinpoint cross after 8 minutes to get Real Madrid rolling early on. Mata got his brace just after half time with another header, this time crossed on by Valencia loan star Jamie Gavilain. Alvaro Negrado struck home a curling left foot shot from a roughly 45 degree angle from the edge of the penalty area. This win kept Real Madrid Castilla 16th and looking forward to SMFA Shield football next season.

9 Points now Bryan..i managed a 2-0 win over Fraser's Villarreal that keeps me top quite comfortably :)

Learn some maths Danny mate' date=' you have 72 points, I have 64 points. Gap = 8 points not 9 :P

[b']Valencia 1-1 Athletic Bilbao[/b]

Joseba Etxeberria got the goal for the away side before Miguel Angulo scored to salvage a point for the home side.

NOTE: To all managers that I have loaned out players to:

I will be recalling my players, I have only got 11 players fit or not suspended so I will be recalling them. Apologies for any inconvenience caused but I must do what is best for my team not yours :)

Fenerbache 5 - 1 Crvena Zvezda

A magnificent away performance but not enough to give Fenerbache 2nd again as they stay in 3rd, 2 points away.

Ryan Babel opened the scoring on 7mins, and Alex doubled the lead on 21mins.

David Navarro made it 3-0 on 46mins, and Mateja Kezman got the other 2 goals.

Aleksandr Trisovic got Crvena's consolation goal.