-||Eredivisie Ratings-By Kun,BRNL and Jor||-

kunasher

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: -||Eredivisie Ratings-By Kun,BRNL and Jor||-

If you read .. you'll find your answer.

Oh I sure did get a feeling of what your answer might be. And I didn't like that at all.

But perhaps I misunderstood. So let me be clear:

Let's say someone moved to your country at the age of 21. And he's now 22. But he utterly and absolutely loves your country, more so than the country he was born in and has lived in for 21 years. Would you consider him Dutch?

Oh I sure did get a feeling of what your answer might be. And I didn't like that at all.

But perhaps I misunderstood. So let me be clear:

Let's say someone moved to your country at the age of 21. And he's now 22. But he utterly and absolutely loves your country' date=' more so than the country he was born in and has lived in for 21 years. Would you consider him Dutch?[/quote']

i wouldnt. why would anyone?

my own country has too many immigrants that professes their love for my country and yet everyone hates them. wonder why?

you did not just say that

my god, are you slow?

For the record, I've never even been to Holland yet if you told me I could don the Dutch shirt and play for the national team, I would do so with as much pride as if you handed me an Irish shirt, because I love Holland. Guarantee there are immigrants who love Holland more than most Dutch people.

my own country has too many immigrants that professes their love for my country and yet everyone hates them. wonder why?

Countries where bigotry is on the rise tend to be declining. Wonder why?

Even a better question: Why can't you give them a chance to be as Dutch as any other Dutch people, especially if they are willing to contribute to the country, more so than most Dutch people themselves.

Of course that doesn't cover everyone but why can't you give a chance to immigrants who want and are willing to contribute to your country ?

People who are born in nice European countries like Britain or Holland are lucky. I do no think that I deserve to be British any more than someone born in India - I didn't do anything to earn my status as British. Someone who has to earn their status as a British citizen should be considered every bit and British as me. Same applies to any country.

Great point Safir, when a countries economy is on the decline people look for scapegoats and immigrants are easy targets. The economies of Holland and Britain and most other Western countries run on immigrant labor - without immigration we would be in big trouble.

And on the sports thing - Strauss, Trott, Pietersen and Morgan were all born outside England but they are some of my favorite players in our cricket team.

National identities are all fake honestly, made up by governments who needed their citizens to bond so they would have more support when they'd go to war about 200/300 years ago.

Nothing wrong with that, but the only reason you think you're from a specific country is because the government there says you are. If we are free to choose which political view or which sports club we join, why wouldn't you be able to decide which country you'd like to be in and which citizenship you possess :rolleyes:

Plus, it's all the lottery of birth anyway. Take Barry Maguire, who wants to play for Ireland. If he was born in Ireland then his career would be so different. Instead, he was born in Holland. You dont choose where you were born but you can choose who you feel attachment to. Be that because of how your parents raised you, or otherwise. For all we know, Douglas could have spent the first 19 years of his life rather ambivalent towards the Brazil national team. Sure, he'd cheer them on because his friends and family are Brazilian but he's gone to Holland, started his own family with a Dutch woman and had, i think, a dutch born kid. When he looks back in 20 years, he'll remember Holland just as much as he does Brazil because it was the country where he properly grew up, not the idea of growing up from baby to teenager, but grew up from teenager to working family man.

I've mentioned several examples already but I'll stick with Eduardo da Silva who was Brazilian born and raised but felt attached to Croatia and has been an awesome servant for them. Kevin Kilbane, born in England who has never even lived in Ireland, has been one of the most loyal and hardworking individuals the Irish team has ever seen!

Guest Blitzkrieg

I compiled a mouthwatering young XI and big bench out of Holland, would you pick others players? Any big talents I'm missing?

3-5-2

GK - Nikolay Mihaylov

RB - Gregory Van Der Wiel

CB - Texeira Douglas

LB - Jan Vertonghen

RM - Oussama Assaidi

CM - Kevin Strootman

CM - Georginio Wijnaldum

CM - Christian Eriksen

LM - Dries Mertens

LF - Luuk De Jong

RF - Tim Matavz

Bench

Nana Asare

Filip Djuricic

Zakaria Labyad

Adam Maher

Leandro Bacuna

Ola John

Jerson Cabral

Wilfred Bony

Giorgio Chanturia

Guest Blitzkrieg

van Ginkel

Yes' date=' I forgot him, good shout.

How much do you expect Nicolai Boilsen + Adam Maher + Rodney Sneijder to rise by?

I compiled a mouthwatering young XI and big bench out of Holland' date=' would you pick others players? Any big talents I'm missing?

3-5-2

GK - Nikolay Mihaylov

RB - Gregory Van Der Wiel

CB - Texeira Douglas

LB - Jan Vertonghen

RM - Oussama Assaidi

CM - Kevin Strootman

CM - Georginio Wijnaldum

CM - Christian Eriksen

LM - Dries Mertens

LF - Luuk De Jong

RF - Tim Matavz

Bench

Nana Asare

Filip Djuricic

Zakaria Labyad

Adam Maher

Leandro Bacuna

Ola John

Jerson Cabral

Wilfred Bony

Giorgio Chanturia[/quote']

Davy Propper ;)

Looking pretty good, though personaly I'd prefer Maher over Wijnaldum (unless we are talking about a squad that should play in SM, *cough* ratings *cough*)

Guest Blitzkrieg

Davy Propper ;)

Looking pretty good' date=' though personaly I'd prefer Maher over Wijnaldum (unless we are talking about a squad that should play in SM, *cough* ratings *cough*)[/quote']

Yeah, Maher has been absolutely on fire. I rate Wijnaldum quite high though. If he could gain a mean streak he could turn out to be great, I often find him to timid.

Are Propper and Van Ginkel national team quality in the long run?

i think they are' date=' though they both play in positions that are already well stocked.

van Ginkel is already in u21 squads at the age of 18 so who knows where he'll be by the time he hits 20 or so.[/quote']

Yep, only trouble is that those positions are well stocked. But they do have the quality, so they could make it.

Any thoughts on Toby Alderweireld? Does he have the potential for 90 during the next rating change?

probably not, no

but there aren't many 22 year old 89 defenders on the DB who can play two positions so he's a damn good player to have

he wont rise, IMO, as long as Vertonghen is at Ajax because they can't both be 90 and Vertonghen wont hit 91. Vertonghen will, for the foreseeable future, remain one point ahead of Toby at all times as Jan is the best defender in the league

probably not' date=' no

but there aren't many 22 year old 89 defenders on the DB who can play two positions so he's a damn good player to have

he wont rise, IMO, as long as Vertonghen is at Ajax because they can't both be 90 and Vertonghen wont hit 91. Vertonghen will, for the foreseeable future, remain one point ahead of Toby at all times as Jan is the best defender in the league[/quote']

Yep and even if he had the chance to get it, Ajax would first have to do a bit better.. :o

But then again, in the future he should sure be able to hit 90, it's just not really possible to see when that will be.

Wish I knew the u21's was on sky here in the UK' date=' could of had a scouting watch :D

Looks like a 2-1 defeat, Maher scored for Holland.[/quote']

I was glad of that score ,Scotland looked good for the win and I don't even think that Hollands goal crossed the line.Lousy Russian ref was pretty bad.But 2-1 away from home against Holland is a fine result to end there unbeaten run ,well its actually the first goals they have let in during this campaign.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Wish I knew the u21's was on sky here in the UK' date=' could of had a scouting watch :D

Looks like a 2-1 defeat, Maher scored for Holland.[/quote']

Saw Belgium vs England yesterday. I would be very sad of the upcoming quality if I were English. Only Oxlade-Chamberlain is top quality, the rest, well, not.

Saw Belgium vs England yesterday. I would be very sad of the upcoming quality if I were English. Only Oxlade-Chamberlain is top quality' date=' the rest, well, not.[/quote']

several of our best u21 were in the 1st team! rodwell, phil jones, welbeck, sturridge....

Archived