O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Newport County slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Rochdale in their Division 4 fixture.

Pinto was on the scoresheet for his side.

Defeated against Rochdale but secured a playoff place. Like the season before we'll loose in the playoffs and stay another season in Div4...

xw3RBn9FXzNAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

A little bit of transfer news....

The deal involving Swindon Town and Luuk DE JONG of Barcelona has been turned down. Barcelona have decided to proceed with another offer.

Our bid to sign the young Dutchman collapsed after the Barcelona management decided to accept another offer. I didn't think our cash bid plus Jermaine Defoe would tempt them enough but I am not too disappointed as Defoe has had a great debut season here at County Ground.

After his magnificent career at Preston we hoped he would do the same here and he hasn't let me down. Currently the clubs top scorer with 17 goals and 8 MOTM awards.

The deal involving CSKA Moskva and Sergey IGNASHEVICH of Swindon Town has been rejected.

Ignashevich stays put for another season. A solid defender but getting on a bit and has an annoying wife.

We decided that, even if we had accepted CSKA's offer, we wouldn't find a better replacement with the money so both parties are glad that uncertainty is now behind us.

Preparations for our last game of the season tonight are complete. Taking a huge gamble that will either pay off nicely or spectacularly fail. Hopefully not the latter....

Go Andre' date=' great time of the season to come into a purple patch, hope it ends well. :)[/quote']

Thanks Dan! Congratulations for winning the tittle, brilliant season from Bolton. I saw it coming early B)

Well done to my buddy Andre at QPR. Amazing run of form right at the end to get you in with a shot of a play-off place. You still have a lot of work to do to get there but you might want to start practicing those penalty kicks just in case lol! :D :D :D

ahah, nice one Nico :P thanks buddy. good luck for the play-offs, i would hire some bodyguards to make sure Danny is always protected and remains fit!

amazing drama in div 2 tonight. Sunderland won 7-0 and came so close to equaling Newcastles gd, who themselves won 2-0.

5-0 against Southampton for our reserves tonight to wrap up the regular season, with Icardi scoring a hat trick and Bernard and Casnos adding a goal each. Swindon Crewe and Hereford all lost, seemed like they all wanted to bottle it on the final day. Smut's Hereford needed just a 0-0 at Wrexham but a 55 minute Ben Arfa strike sealed their fate much to Crewe's fans delight.

Nico's Swindon for me next then :)

Everton: Sneaked our way up the table and have finished inside the top 4 securing Champions League football for next season. Took over the side when they were mid-table so this was the most I could have hoped to achieve in only half a season so very pleased.

Hartlepool United have finished Fourth in Division 3.
Hartlepool United have been awarded 2,070,421 in prize money.

Cash rules everything around me C.R.E.A.M. get

Yeah, check this old fly **** out, word up

Cash rules everything around me

Take you on a natural joint

C.R.E.A.M. get the money

Here we here we go

Dolla dolla bill y'all

Check this ****

iZSeFqtOiCRqw.gif

Blackpool round off the season with a 1-1 draw with Peterborough which sees us finish in 8th. A bit dissapointing as we targeted getting back into the CL and was in the top 4 four most of the season but going for the shield affected our league form.

Still a trophy and top 8 finish is a very good season for us imo, many better squads in Div 1 than us so probably 8th is where we should be finishing.

Hopefully cap off a good season with a win in the Europa League final next Tuesday, although have to get past the Div 1 Champions Arsenal...:(

Congrats to Shorpe for somehow surviving with two wins at the end, comiserations to Hull for going down. Look forward to facing Bolton next season and good to see one of the big squads in Newcastle come straight back up. Either of the Div 2 play-off teams will also be strong so good luck to those and everyone else in the play-offs.

Blackpools player of the season once again goes to the skipper Carlos Tevez.

After a terrible run of form last season which seen him net just four goals in 33 appearances (Aswell as rumours of wanting to leave), the captain has re-found his form and goal scoring touch, ending the season with twelve premier league goals. He also has eight in the Europa League to guide us to the final against Arsenal, and his four goals in the Shield was a huge part in us winning the trophy.

A mention for close second has to go to Gerard Deulofeu, who is becoming one of the best young talents in the Premier League at the moment. Last season he impressed in his debut season with 6 goals and 18 assists in 31 appearances. This season hes finishing is even better with 10 goals and 16 assists from 33 appearances.

Swindon Town have made it into the Division 2 Play-Offs.

Finally secured a place in the play-offs after a good solid season, apart from right at the end when we started to make heavy weather of it. Last night we lost 3-1 to FGR but Hereford and Crewe both lost too so we finish in a respectable 5th Place with a nice lump of pri£e money to boot....

We will have a fairly strong team to face Frozy in the semi-final at Villa Park but obviously Eremenko's groin strain injury wasn't meant to form part of the script last night!

Danny & Defoe will both be fit though so that's the main thing.

Congrats to everyone else who secured promotion/play off place.

I'm sick... :o It was so close for us. Again.

Btw' date=' i hate you Johan and your Fleetwood and your 4-2-3-1! :P You ruined my SM night, not only in 7777 but also in 7046![/quote'] lol ill give you a free season ticket to all Fleetwood games for next season. Ive finally got promoted after i think 3 seasons in division 3. Next up the World Cup

Thought it was all over for Crewe as we went down 3-1 to Bath City but with Hereford losing to Wrexham we have clung on to 6th Place in Division 2 and we will be heading to the Play Offs where we will meet Sunderland.

I just thought I would say it now but I do feel Crewe are punching a little above there weight and if we do make it to the promised land I'm not sure how long we will stay there.

Diouf and Muller were the stars of the show as Bolton destroyed Huddersfield in front of a packed Macron stadium, Diouf bagged a hat-trick and Muller helped himself to two assists and a goal, 4-1 is a great way to end the season in front of the home crowd, for a club the size of Bolton it is great to finally give these deserving fans something to cheer about and a first trophy for the empty cabinet.

title_zps9qfbjn2n.png

Bolton Wanderers have finished First in Division 2.

Bolton Wanderers have been awarded £4,057,344 in prize money.

Player of the year at Bolton was shared by German pair Thomas Muller & Marcel Schmelzer, both of which have been stars in our winning division 2 campaign.

Highlight of the season for us is a hard one as it has been such a good season, probably the eight game winning run that came in the middle of our eighteen game unbeaten run (both club records) would be the highlight although the 3-2 win over Newcastle on the forty-fourth game of the season which meant we were crowned champions is right up there with my personal highlights of the season, this second division is packed with some cracking teams and managers which makes the title win all the more special.

It will be great to have a crack at the top-flight where we will go into it with the low expectation of avoiding relegation although to be honest I will be disappointed if we cannot make a Euro spot.

Shorpe

Wow. I actually survived.

2 games left vs Chelsea and Millwall and win them both. Before those two games i was 3 points away from 17th with GD giving me the extra boost. So all i had to do was win and hoped Peterbrough lost for me to survive. I won and Peterbrough won so i thought i was doomed but then this brought Leeds into the equation of relegation. So last game i win and saw Leeds won so i thought i went down. Then saw Hull go down and was actually confused as i did not see that coming :eek:

Before the two games i decided to play Timo Horn(87) over Vorm who was off form and it seemed to work as on score centre Horn was saving everything left right and centre . Defiantly playing next season

Glad to be in division 1 for an 8th season in a row, so defiantly one of my best achievements on SM to keep a team like Shorpe with a low wage budget compared to others for this many seasons and to top it off i won my first domestic cup :D :D

Congrats to Shorpe for somehow surviving with two wins at the end' date=' comiserations to Hull for going down. Look forward to facing Bolton next season and good to see one of the big squads in Newcastle come straight back up. Either of the Div 2 play-off teams will also be strong so good luck to those and everyone else in the play-offs.[/quote']

I'm glad someone noticed that i was in no right suppose to survive due to the position i was in, considering i played Chelsea in one of those games.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEWmLj9zyEzqeDdAZiMRvUxcHUcn7QdVJoQonUPVnOgCNC1km-LA

Another big night in the history of Swindon Town Football Club as we prepare for our Play-off Semi-Final clash against Aston Villa.

Our preparations will include a light training session this afternoon followed by a pre-match meal at McDonalds consisting of McDouble Burgers (with diet-mayo), small fries and diet sprite,,,, except for our 17 year old reserve GK, Jon Musangu, who gets a Happy Meal.

Players are all relaxed and looking forward to the match. We are the weakest side in the Div 2 Play-offs so there is no expectation from me. To even reach this stage is an achievement for a small club like this, so I want the team to just go out there and enjoy themselves and to look at the game as a just reward for the excellent seasons work they put in.

Villa are an outstanding team, the value of their squad is more than twice ours and Frozy has 15 players rated 89+ to chose from compared to my two (and one of them is injured). However, head to head this season, things were a little more even with us both winning our home game 3-2.

Our game plan will centre around our two main players....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm1_wokIveyYaH3YHBz6zpl3fjmbzk9ZbINV4LVhDh9GSazPQN

Name Miguel Danny

Rank Captain

Position Attacking Midfield

Classification Dangerous

Vital statistics 14 goals 22 assists

Mission Cause midfield mayhem

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYeoF6P5IzVgKuDBUfSAEeIIjq1yLIbCUexhP3_kdahnOUDcK-

Name Jermaine Defoe

Position Striker

Favoured weapon Right Foot

Speciality Giving goalkeepers a bad day

Classification Lethal

Vital statistics 17 goals 9 assists

Mission To give Thibaut Courtois a very low match rating

We have been involved in four previous Play-off matches, all of which ended up with a penalty shoot-out (won 3, lost 1) but I hope this one can be decided within normal time.

If it does end in another shoot-out then I have a little surprise in store for Frozy.... (Actually I don't but it seems like the kind of mind games I should be playing :P)

Good luck tonight Frozy, I hope the match turns out as exciting as our previous ones and good luck to the other teams playing in the semis tonight.

90% of the Carlisle players were NMF (how the f*** are they even making it playing to penalties) and all my players condition was 100% yet I lose 2-3 on penalties. F*** this ****.

F**** u SM trash ass game.

Carlisle United Sponsored by Red Bull...:o

In all seriousness though, you were unlucky and its fair to say this would be a good example to show how the match engine needs fixing, the better and fitter players lost.

Anyway I'd imagine you'll get a chance for revenge next season as I doubt I'm winning on Sunday :(

Carlisle United Sponsored by Red Bull...:o

In all seriousness though' date=' you were unlucky and its fair to say this would be a good example to show how the match engine needs fixing, the better and fitter players lost.

Anyway I'd imagine you'll get a chance for revenge next season as I doubt I'm winning on Sunday :([/quote']

On the flip side,Stockport (me) played Newport, they had poor fitness and we battered them 4-0,after beating them 8-1 last week.

To be honest think its a total lottery, pretty much the same as being decided on the toss of a coin.

Unlucky.

The match engine makes no sense whatsoever, they say they improved it, but too many times you play a team that's NMF and they win, ridiculous.

Looking forward to the playoff final,but who knows what will happen?

Swindon Town lost 5 - 3 to Aston Villa in a thrilling Play-Off encounter.

Well the dream is finally over after a sensational match with Villa. A great day out for both sets of fans in a ding dong of a game. We succeeded in giving Courtois a low match rating but Raheem Sterling was simply unstoppable.

Not too disappointed though, it was a great season for us although I don't think we will be up for challenging for a play-off place on a regular basis!!

Well done Frozy, a great game and thanks for the post-match hospitality. Your restaurant has some friendly food and some very tasty staff :D. Good luck to both you & Noisy in the final.

I will be shifting my focus over to the international scene now for the World Cup with Russia so my Assistant Manager will be taking care of the domestic friendlies.