O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

last nights match report

competition-icon.jpg

. was unable to prevent a Sheffield Wednesday defeat to Swindon Town.

Sheffield Wednesday slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Swindon Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Salihović was on the scoresheet for his side.

despite being the better in every stat my lads just couldn't make it count where it really matters.

but thankfully due to other esults kinda going in my favour i've still got the 5 point buffer at the top.

HEREFORD have to apologise to Stoke for taking 3 undeserved points home with them.

watching on the score centre, the first half was one way traffic and the second half was only a slight improvement for us.

2 goals from captain Balmont gave us the points as we came from behind to grab a win from our only 2 shots on target.

with our debt pushing towards 7M, we wont be taking part in any of this silly internal transfer nonsense.

welcome to all the new managers that have joined recently.

Over the last few days, i have managed to win both players i went in for under heavy competition. Fofana now joining Emenike at Vale Park.

Other notable names to have joined Port Vale are Bangoura Lass, Victor Wanyama, Imoh Ezikiel, Timothy Chandler, among many others. The whole squad now has an average rating of 21 and hopefully a very bright future. :)

i1ff2f.png

Second-half masterclass rips Wigan apart

Bolton continued their newly-acquired form as they got a comfortable 3-1 victory away from home against relegation contenders Wigan last night to bring down the points difference between them and a play-off spot to 7 points. The pressure was on Jay's side as Bolton had struggled to keep the momentum flowing this season with inconsistent performances. Last night however, the players kept their cool and went on to get their 3rd win on the trot, handing Wigan their 4th consecutive defeat. The win meant that Bolton climbed up to 11th in the table, just 5 places and 7 points of a coveted play-off spot.

From the kick-off Bolton were in control of the match, dominating possession and creating chances. They looked certain to take the lead before the half-time break. Wigan however shocked everyone when Schieber scored the opening goal in the 14th minute against the run of play, putting the home side into the lead. Bolton tried desperately to get an equaliser but in vain, as the two sides went into the half-time break with a shock score-line, Bolton despite dominating proceedings, losing 1-0 to Wigan.

As the game restarted in the second-half, the Bolton side looked composed despite being behind and continued where they left off in the first half, as they dominated proceedings. The visitors finally got their reward for controlling the match and constantly threatening the Wigan goal in the 55th minute. Doumbia held of numerous challenges and then laid the ball off to Griezmann who took it and drilled a low shot which flew into the bottom corner, the keeper completely beaten. The visiting fans were up on their feet, delighted that their side had finally gotten the goal that they deserved. From then on, it was Bolton all the way. It didn't take long for Bolton to take the lead, only 7 minutes after their equaliser. A dangerous ball was put into the box from a free-kick and Doumbia made no mistake as he finished calmly with his head. With the score now at 1-2 favouring the visitors, Wigan were looking hopeless.

Bolton were still dominating possession and constantly threatening the Wigan goal. Any chance of a come-back was put to bed in the 71st minute when Ivorian striker Doumbia found Mata with plenty of space who then cut inside his marker and curled the ball towards the far post. Landreau despite his best efforts couldn't stop the shot and Bolton were now up 1-3. That was the last goal of the match and the match ended 3-1 in favour of Bolton. A mesmerizing second half performance from Jay's side and a deserving victory. It was yet another magnificent performance from Bolton's star man, Juan Mata who scored the winner and the Spaniard picked up his 6th Man of the Match award this season who is second only to Antonio Di Natale in Man of the Match awards this season.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS34Z0c2W1tg07_i8hf4wpAW1ZmYldRdPCsnFZN9f0T1kgPErl3uQ

Yet another mesmerizing performance from the Spaniard

Bolton manager Jay Gonzanez spoke about the result and also discussed his side's next match against Leeds on Saturday:

I'm very pleased that we were able to continue the form we had picked up in our last two matches against Hull and Newcastle. We've had an up and down season so far and we've been inconsistent. We'd win one and then lose 1, unable to build up any momentum. I've been looking to chance that and it's good to see us getting our 3rd win on the trot. The boys played great out there, they were in control of the match from the very beginning. We did concede the first goal which was somewhat surprising considering we were dominating Wigan but after the restart, we played fantastic. It was an amazing second half performance, we created plenty of chances, dominated possession and made sure that Wigan were on the back-foot the majority of the time. It's going to be our toughest match so far this season next as we play host to the league leaders Leeds. Definitely going to be a very tough match and I'm hoping we can come out with at least a point, hopefully 3. The The gap between us and a play-off spot is gradually coming down and I hope we can continue our form so that we can bring ourselves back into contention for a play-off finish.

Sean Oneill was unable to prevent a Everton defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

Everton slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.

Had a feeling id be due a big spanking soon with my recent good run of form :o good game pal.

Still stay out of the relegation zone as it stands, although didnt do my GD any favours. Massive game up next against Sheffield United as need to make sure i dont start getting cut adrift.

Still available to discuss deals involving Banega/Gourcuff/Gameiro/Milevskiy either swapping two of them out for a higher rated player or a swap + cash kinda deal. Let me know :)

Milwall is up for deals.Baines,Balotelli,Witsel....everybody can go for 2-1.I don't need your rubbish,I don't collect your garbage,don't need guys over 28,I don't need droppers.VM/PM/Get your bids in.

JUANFRAN, Moreno is for sale. looking for cash, preferably 3M. Real Madrid B stalwart, has agreed a move to Betis in the summer. Im pretty sure he will become first choice RB or RM....£3m a bargain for a medium term decent riser....i just want the cash!

Port Vale shaping up into a decent outfit..nice work.

Just picked up AFC Bournemouth! :)

Been keeping an eye open for a free club in the gameworld for a while' date=' very happy to have got in![/center']

Good man...........welcome.

I hope I left them in good order for you? ;)

All the best.

Colin Lumbard takes charge at Rochdale today hoping to gain promotion again for The dale. Rochdale won promotion last season through the play offs with Telmo Branco in charge, Telmo has done a fantastic job at the club and was the longest serving manager at Rochdale.

Rochdale travel to Peterborough on saturday and there could be some new players signed for the occassion. All the best to Telmo with his new job at Bristol City.

Welcome lads from Blackpool :)

All we need to do is fine a manager for Carlisle and then were full again (Kidderminster too as manager will lose his job tomorrow).

P.S. Great deal for Krul. Szczesny will come good I reckon :)

Im quite glad Chelsea will probably get relegated this season.

I dont know why Tom dosent just quit, he couldnt care less about them.

The Norwich manager was correct ages ago when he was saying he should leave, thought it was harsh at the time but why keep a club if you arnt bothered about them?

He logs in the game regularly but sometimes leaves it two weeks, sometimes three weeks or a lot of the time its 4 weeks till he actually logs into 7777 just for keep them.

Whats the point? :L

I would too' date=' Szcz much better than Krul.[/quote']

id much prefer Krul, he was fantastic v Benfica in the first leg, will be Holland No 1 at some point soon...Szcezny is doo doo and hardly gets ahead of Artur Boruc for the Poland jersey :D

;2529780']id much prefer Krul' date=' he was fantastic v Benfica in the first leg, will be Holland No 1 at some point soon...Szcezny is doo doo and hardly gets ahead of Artur Boruc for the Poland jersey :D[/quote']

The fact that Toon are nowhere near Europe this season speaks volumes. Szcz is also four years younger than Krul, which really shocked me, I thought he was 22/23! Boruc has had a new lease of life, when Szcz is 23/4 he will be in the 90's.

Impatience is costly in a GW like this, few youths coming through a season ago no one gave a monkeys about.

The fact that Toon are nowhere near Europe this season speaks volumes. Szcz is also four years younger than Krul' date=' which really shocked me, I thought he was 22/23! Boruc has had a new lease of life, when Szcz is 23/4 he will be in the 90's.

Impatience is costly in a GW like this, few youths coming through a season ago no one gave a monkeys about.[/quote']

i dont think Newcastle position has any bearing on Kruls ability or future, he missed a fair 5 weeks of the season through injury, as has Szcz mind you, & infact the whole Toon squad has been depleted most of this season by injuries...

Krul turned 25 nine days ago. Next week Szcz will turn 23 on the 18th. only 2 years gap...

SM seems to be breeding this 'ageist' mentality ......personally i cant stand it.....younger/youth players have far more of a risk to amount to nothing than a 25/26 year old pro who has actually made it to where they are so far......with Szcz, whats the case that he is 2 younger? that he will develop much more over those years? he may well be at his peak already...which i think he is. He just isnt good enough to be a top keeper.

Krul on the other hand shines in a 'struggling' club.

also, Szczeny will be lucky to start next season as number 1 at Arsenal if you believe the rumour mills.

;2529839']Szczeny will be lucky to start next season as number 1 at Arsenal if you believe the rumour mills.

Being an Arsenal fan you never believe them, 1.5billion Qatari takeover, £70m Bundesliga raid? £15m bid for David Villa?

I just feel it does, as Toon finishing in the bottom half besides, Begovic, I can't name another 89+ besides the over-rated Granero who will drop like a tonne of bricks. Think time will tell, Krul will have to move to reach higher, whilst Szcz could stay and rise. I just prefer to wait over acting quickly, beginning to pay off, I mean I kept Schniederlin and Lallana, most would of thrown those in on day 1 of the GW being open.

Good deal anyways :D

Milwall is up for deals.Baines' date='Balotelli,Witsel....everybody can go for 2-1.I don't need your rubbish,I don't collect your garbage,don't need guys over 28,I don't need droppers.VM/PM/Get your bids in.[/quote']
Millwall have made a counter offer to West Ham United to exchange Romelu LUKAKU and Alexandre LACAZETTE for Mario BALOTELLI .
The deal involving West Ham United and Mario BALOTELLI of Millwall has been rejected. West Ham United are insulted by the received offer.

Fool :rolleyes:

Fool :rolleyes:

Atleast it was better than my bid for Baines :P

Had a good laugh at the counter though.

Blackpool will listen to offers for Jesus Navas (92). Thinking of selling so that Walcott can play wide and try to get another CM or Striker (Although they dont need to be offered in exchange). Doesnt mean im looking to sell no matter what, but just interested to change the squad some more

Just drop a pm if interested and ill see if we can work something out :)

Delighted to get Krul, who I think to be much better than Szczesny. He's the shining light for Newcastle, will be the Holland No. 1 soon enough. As for age, I don't really understand what that has anything to do with who's better? Anyways Krul is only 2 years older and as for Szczesny becoming better than him in 2 years time, I honestly don't think he will. As JMH said, don't feel he has what it takes to be a top keeper. Age really doesn't matter but it's not like Krul's closing in on 50 now is it?

;)

Different people have different opinions, as far as I'm concerned though, I got a much better keeper than Szczesny for a steal :D