English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Stevenage flash news

The weekly award have been released couple of hours ago, and to our surprised there is couple familiar name in there. The Boro's family member have been picked for the LB and RM position.

Danny Fox (LB)

I must say, I'm shocked with this kind of acknowledgment. I just arrived at this club for good couple of weeks and all eye are on my tail. Perhaps the recent changing of position make me improved my performance, I must talk to the boss and let me stay in this advance position!

Marvin Emnes (RM)

Well, if Danny is shocked, I must say I'm the opposite. It is about time my name pop up there in the weekly award. I have been playing brilliant football under our manager - bagging a lot of goals and giving an assists too. I'm well deserved this. Ask the boss if you are not agree.

Van Klinkert Delarosa

Yeah, he fully deserved it. I'm proud with my boys.

With Hancock being busy this week I thought I would get the weekly awards done for the 5 divisions.

Last Wednesday-Saturday so 17th-20th April.

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Division 4

Division 5

As for the Muller-RVP swap' date=' in the long term its obviously better for Liverpool but I think it will be a long time until Muller is higher.

I dont see Van Persie dropping in the next three years, think he will be the top scorer next season again and be up there the year or two after that as long as hes playing, 3 years is over seven 7777 seasons.[/center']

Nice to see a few Bournemouth players in the Div 3 awards, good work! :)

Also, I have received a respectable offer from Colchester for Victor Ruiz, but I would like to see if anyone out there can offer me something better before I think about accepting it, so feel free to whack a bid in! :)

Man City 0-3 Plymouth

Wasnt sure if play 5-4-1 or 4-3-3 wingers tonight, went for 5-4-1 an turns out they seemed to have countered that, made the wrong decision.

Kompany is out for 2 weeks now aswell.

Down to 2nd, we play at Chelsea saturday, we will get back where we belong sooner or later.

Blackpool 1-1 Arsenal

Always good to get a result at the Emirates, so definately a good point for us considering I had to rest some key players.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Sokratis (89) Koscielny (90) Tremoulinas (89)

Zabaleta (91) Diaby (89) Asamoah (91) Willian (91)

Tevez (93)

Almeida (89)

Hugo Almeida made his debut for Blackpool and lead the line well, but Arsenal took the lead through there own center forward Mario Gomez. Theo Walcott came off the bench for Blackpool to face his former club, and came back to haunt them with an equaliser four minutes from time.

We stay in third position

Battered Notts Forest on stats but only came away with a 1-0 win. Pato the goalscorer Sneijder the provider. The new signings working really well together, whilst we're really solid at the back lately too :)

Up to 8th in the table with Sunderland visiting next

6-1 win for the all new Northampton Town against play off hopefuls Cheltenham as we moved up to 4th bottom and now have a bit of breathing space from the bottom 2;)

Good game mate, scoreline flattered you somewhat but nice to see Jarvis keep up his scoring form. Scored in every game so far, 4 in 4.

Jay Gonzanez steered Bolton Wanderers to a victory against West Ham.

Bolton beat West Ham 2-0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Mata scored a goal and was later voted the Man of the Match for his performance.

Griezmann was also on the scoresheet for his side

Delighted with the win, though to be honest it was pretty even on stats apart from the fact we had more possession and corners. Mata yet again! Brilliant again, scored the opener in the 4th minute from a free-kick and set up Griezmann for the winner. 10 goals, 9 assits and 8 Man of the Matches in just 23 matches, easily our best player so far.

Already been promoted to vice-captain and he was captain for this match as well with Toulalan being injured. Is the change going to become permanent?

tonight's match report

competition-icon.jpg

. steered Sheffield Wednesday to victory against Chesterfield.

Sheffield Wednesday outclassed Chesterfield and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Varane had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Nainggolan and Ganso were amongst the goalscorers.

Saints 2 - 0 Toon

O. Giroud 7'

A. Laporte 82'

GIROUD_1611794a.jpg

Giroud celebrating after the game.

Southampton make it 18/18 with a fine first half finish from Olivier Giroud and Aymeric Laporte comes off the bench to fire in a second with a few minutes to spare. Joel Campbell had an influence on both goals.

The in-form team now, hopefully we keep some sort of decent record going, keep putting in the good performances then always a good chance. Hull next weekend could be a banana skin, we travel to play former-saints Eduardo and Cristaldo, gone off the boil, put the kettle will be back on soon enough.

People questioned substituting Jordi, well, as Aymeric scored, I think that showed them why. Keisuke has a knock, see how it goes, but either Ads or Morgan will replace him for our visit to the KC.

Amazing to think three weeks ago we were only 5 points clear of the relegation zone in 21st.

Div 2

LEEDS 2 MIDDLESBORO 3

A bad result for Leeds was compounded by a long-term injury to Afellay and Falcao picking up his 5th yellow card and a suspension.

A goal 3 minutes from time sunk Leeds, but in fairness Middlesboro were good value for the win.

Boro avenged their opening day defeat and moved themselves back into the playoff places.

Leeds had a great start. A set piece delivery from Alaba was headed home by Benatia after just 11 minutes.

picture.php?pictureid=3258&albumid=453&dl=1366834426&thumb=1

Benatia gets first goal for Leeds

The visitors hit back strongly and led 2-1 at half time with goals from Assou-Ekotto and Joaquin.

Leeds have struggled at home in a number of matches already and have yet to find their best formation.

United seemed to have rescued a point when Alaba capped a fine display with a long distance equaliser after 51 minutes.

picture.php?pictureid=3259&albumid=453&dl=1366834426&thumb=1

Alaba - contender for Leeds' Player of The Seaon

Leeds went in search of the winner and switched to "very attacking" mode after an hour.

It backfired, as so many of the manager's decisions have this season, when Boro nicked the game at the death.

Afellay will be sidelined for 4 weeks and Falcao misses the Wigan match.

The only bright spot of the evening was West Ham's equally inept display at home to Bolton, who won 2-0.

The chasing pack all did well and close on the leaders. Swansea had a great 5-1 away win at bottom club Leicester.

Fulham and Norwich also had good away wins.

Shorpe beat Colchester United.Which is very good as their a good side :)

Unlucky John.

I wonder what it would take to be manager of the division for 1 week.

I have beaten Chelsea 3 times this season.Beat Man City,drew with Liverpool,Spurs and Arsenal and sit 7th :D

"Game on" Says King

Preston 1 - 3 Chelsea

Anderson 1'

Van der Vaart 19'

C. Ronaldo 50'

Ivanovic 74'

article-1170282-04D1F9C6000005DC-835_468x308.jpg

Ronaldo prepares to take the Kick to put Chelsea 2-1 up

Two second half goals from Ronaldo and Ivanovic finally bring Chelsea's winless run to an end with a 3-1 away victory at Preston as King attempts the impossible.

Chelsea welcomed back Manager Tom King after a lengthy time away with a comprehensive win against Swansea in the cup on Monday and he got his side straight back to winning ways in the league as well.

King put out a makeshift side putting faith in youngsters such as Nolito and Anderson but it quickly paid dividends with a well taken goal after just 1 minute from Anderson.

Preston pulled a goal back through Van der Vaart before Ronaldo struck a sublime 30 yard freekick to give Chelsea the lead. Ivanovic settled the contest on 74 minutes with an excellent long range shot.

Chelsea managed to hold on despite late Preston pressure to end a club record 11 match win less run much to the delight of the travelling Chelsea faithful.

Speaking about his return Blues manager Tom King said "Yes its great to be back but its all about the results from here on in. To stay up this season will be a miracle but today's result is just what we needed the boys were magnificent, there's still a long way to go but game on".

With 16 games to go Chelsea are 12 points from safety there is still a mountain to climb but this is a result in the right direction.

Andre-Villas-Boas-006.jpg

Houdini??? returning Chelsea manager King celebrates away win

Been offered the Reading job in Division 3 but not really sure what to do :S

Most of the better players are getting on and declining whereas at my current team although 2 divisions lower has a lot more youthful players and the added bonus that ive completely reshaped the team to my liking following the relegation.

hate tough decisions :D

Most of the better players are getting on and declining whereas at my current team although 2 divisions lower has a lot more youthful players and the added bonus that ive completely reshaped the team to my liking following the relegation.

Always find that people that switch jobs regret it after and miss there old team.

If you decide to reject it, try and get a forumer to join in as them.

you should stick with what your building, you get far more satisfaction out of it! plus you have a nice side there already!

Could of jumped ship from my FGR plenty of times, but stuck with them and im pretty chuffed with what ive built to date.

Broke the bank (& transfer record) to sign promising French defender ISMAT- MIRIN.....was in two minds to spend the cash as im trying to put FGR on a very sound financial grounding with a long term cash reserve, but after looking at my lack of CB depth for the youth side (i seem to have a penchant for fullbacks :confused: ) i went for it.

game time tonight, stuffed 4-1 by lowly Carlisle.

the Match Engine is really really testing me this season, probably will survive on a final day escape....and win the league next season :P

Yeovil 1- 5 Charlton

We dominated possession and had twice their shots. Giaccherini scored 2 great free kicks. Other goals were from Barnetta, Erkin, and Petersen. Hoping I can take over Reading soon and get in those automatic promotion spots.