• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Rotherham 2 York 3

We pick up another three points away from home with goals from Marko van Ginkel (2) and a first goal for the club for Fallou Diagne, to keep us top of the table. Thats 8 goals in his first 14 games for York for Van Ginkel, not bad from CM.

We welcome Oxford United to Bootham Cresent next, where i will be hoping to pick up another three points.

DIV 2

SOUTHAMPTON 1 LEEDS 2

Saints' run ends at 9

Southampton fought tenaciously, but narrowly failed to extend their unbeaten run to ten matches - going down 2-1 at home to a Leeds side that has now registered three wins on the trot.

Amalfitano put the visitors ahead with their first attack of the match - turning in a cross from Cissé after 6 minutes.

picture.php?pictureid=3270&albumid=453&dl=1367699211&thumb=1

Amalfitano - on the mark for Leeds

Leeds then began to focus its attacks on Saints RB Carl Jenkinson - the lowest ranked player on the field and Saints' only available option in the RB position. The youngster soon picked up a yellow card for bringing down Amalfitano and Leeds nearly added a second from Piszczek from the resultant free kick.

It was Saints, though, who struck next - equalising after 68 minutes through Giroud after some good approach work from Campbell.

Leeds continued to look for the win and after 74 minutes Giovinco set up substitute Diego Perotti who finished with a crisp header from close range.

picture.php?pictureid=3261&albumid=453&dl=1367266653&thumb=1

Diego Perotti - having a great season

Reus then tested Mignolet as Leeds went close to getting a third

The match ended and Leeds had prevailed against a very dangerous and skillful opponent.

Leeds Manager, The Butcher of Montevideo, assessed the importance of the victory for his side

"This was a hard match to call - but a huge one to win.

In spite of Saints' brilliant recent form, it's clear that we had the stronger side going in to the match and just needed to convert that rating advantage into a win.

The match stats were very even and they equalised at a crucial time when we looked more likely to extend our lead - but we showed some real bottle to grind out the win.

The great news for us is that the teams behind us are also struggling to string a good run together.

We're now 11 points ahead of the team in third. It's likely that if we can keep free of injury - then promotion has to be within our grasp."

Before heading out to the pub for a well-earned pint of creme de menthe the Leeds manager unveiled his side's new kit for next season whch he designed himself- and which looks like it might well be worn in Division 1.

picture.php?pictureid=3106&albumid=449&dl=1362416543&thumb=1

Onwards for the purple and ginger army

Got a good 3-0 win at home to City. I've hit form recently winning my last four games and rising to sixth in the table :)

Also this week Tom Carroll returns to Spurs and Verratti rose to 88. Still looking to do some transfers though, anyone interested

FGR are 'Jekyll & Hyde' this season, put in a cack performance at Rochdale, losing 2-1.

mid table gradually becoming the realistic target!

oh, & dont worry about Bath, Malc has a scheme..has 90M in the bank atm!

Blackpool 1-0 Wolves

Blackpool increase there chances of Champions League football next season with a hard fourt win over Wolves at Molineux. Decided the best way to counter there 5-3-2 was to play the same formation as them.

Handanovic (91)

Koscielny (90)

Zabaleta (91) Garay (90) Sokratis (89) Filipe (90)

Navas (92) Meireles (91) Nani (92)

Tevez (93) Eto'o (92)

Jesus Navas scored the only goal of the game in the 23rd minute. We stay 2nd but keep the pressure on leaders Manchester United. The two teams below us lost, so we have a little cushion now :)

Birmingham faced a tough test against Stoke today. Torres missed a glaring opportunity at the start and we were destroyed from then on.

That was until Burdisso was sent off and we clawed it back to 2-2 with two late strikes.

EC 7777 Premierleague vs Real Life clubs

Premierleague:

Manchester United

Manchester City

Sunderland

Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool

Aston Villa

Arsenal

West Bromwich Albion

Everton

Chelsea

Championship:

Blackpool

Nottingham Forest

Crystal Palace

Blackburn Rovers

League 1:

Colchester United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sheffield United

Preston North End

League 2:

Shorpe United

Plymouth Argyle

Interesting how it has spread over a few seasons, both due to promotions in 7777 and a few relegations in real life :D

Return of the Lemon

180px-Chesterfield_FC_crest.svg.png

Former Eastbourne Bourough manager Alos Rothnie has returned to the football world, this time taking charge of Chesterfield FC.

Chesterfield sit rock bottom of division 3, with a 20 point gap between themselves and safety with 17 games to go. Mission impossible? Rothnie thinks not.

"First of all I'd like to say that I'm delighted to have joined the club. Obviously after my early disappointing departure from Eastbourne, it's great to be back among the world of football. I am here, because I will save this football club from relegation. Laugh all you wish, but for me, nothing is impossible. This is football remember."

Many around the globe have brushed aside the lemons words, and some are evening predicting he will drag the club down to even worse conditions rather than revive it.

Whilst at Eastbourne, Rothnie experienced and inconsistent spell that saw the club sit mid-table, before he was forced to leave due to personal issues. The question is, will Rothnie be able to do it? Only time will tell.

Capture.PNG

last night's match report

competition-icon.jpg

. steered Sheffield Wednesday to victory against Yeovil Town.

Sheffield Wednesday outclassed Yeovil Town and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Viana scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Salihović was also on the scoresheet for his side.

six points clear and playing third placed charlton next

Notts County 1 - 1 Leyton Orient

I get another vital point in the battle for promotion in Division 4. Schwaab scored for me while Baptista scored for Notts County. It's still close on top of Div 4. I'm sitting on 4th with 52 points but only 5 points behind the leader,York City and only 4 points in front of 8th placed,Bury

Bath have an EC7777 legend in charge, started by taking the weakest team in the set up and chose to go the riser route on a large scale and still has 2 promotions under his belt and now has a team that will challenge next season.

good to see someone not obsessed with having to have a team full of under 23's.

Malcolm if you need to lose 20M quickly, you may put in a bid for Mr Crouch.

but not until after 7pm today, he has to finish his shift in the amusement arcade first.

HEREFORD drew 2-2 at home to Barnsley, match centre suggested we should have won easily but stats show a fair result, we still have a decent gap between us and relegation, i hope it stays that way.

Div 3

Charlton 1-6 QPR

2nd loss on the trot and a big one. Completely outmastered by a 4-4-2 formation. We had gone on a good run before then, winning 6 out of 7 but have hit another of what I hope is just a 2 game blip. Gone back down to 3rd now with Reading replacing us in 2nd place.

Burnley 1 - 4 Huddersfield

Massive away win for the lads, hopefully this can boost our confidence and push on to win a few more games now. Goals came from Garcia , Chiriches , Sinclair and Feghouli, Burnley's goal came from De Bruyne. 5 points off the play-offs now.

Not sure weather to sell Nene after his recent drop :(

I might keep him till the new season as he has 7 assists and 7 goals so far.

he will keep dropping mate, look at all the high rated players in middle east...bougherra etc all falling...

Bath manager stirs up the transfer pot

Perhaps some people don't understand the inner workings of the game too well. After a not so great start to the season and the stupid new ratings system I cleared out some players from my size. Now those who know how it works. You sell your top players. The lower rated ones mysteriously rise in value. You sell them and repeat . You carry on until the p/e price is greater than sale price.

You then buy back players of approximately equal ranking.

However. I get a rubbish gate each month. So I constantly need to trade. I also need to survive , so some compromises need to be made.

As for " ruining the team for the future" , I think not. I have some key younger players and a few more veterans who will rise in the short term at least. As a more insightful manager has pointed out, this was the lowest value side in the whole league structure. Now it is 2 divisions higher and worth almost 1000x it's starting value.

I have also learned from some mistakes I made with my Wycombe in EC106 and Notts County in 5579 which led to their relegation and fall in quality. I acted more quickly with Bath and hopefully stopped the rot.

Also as the 4th highest rated manager in the game world I guess I know what I am talking about.

If you don't like the deals , then tough . So there with polished door opening devices on top.

Swindon Town ground out another 3 points against Cardiff last night, which takes us up to 10th place.

Having been relegated from Division 3 the season before last, my main priority was to avoid the drop again and so, naturally, I am very happy with the way things have gone so far..

As if to re-iterate what other managers have just said,, it was my veteran striker, Marco Streller, that made the difference in an evenly contested match, proving that, not for the first time, age and experience often counts for more than youth and enthusiasm.

The Swiss forward's performance earned him the winning goal and another man of the match award.