English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Luis Miguel Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Morecambe outclassed Dagenham & Redbridge and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Gabbiadini scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Plet and Baytar were also amongst the goalscorers.

Fantastic result after 2 games without a win. Pleased with my team.

Win takes us back up to 4th place, 6 points behind league leaders York City.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Plymouth do the double over Blackpool this season. Looking at the stats we probably deserved a draw, there keeper won MOM says it all

;)

Carlos Vela made his debut for the club after coming on as a subsitute after an hour. The Mexican looked decent, but will take time to adapt to the top division.

Blackpool are six points behind United now. Don't see us catching up to them, just need to cement our Champions Leauge place for now. A trip to Stampford Bridge next, a tough looking game as they try to avoid relegation

Div 2

LEEDS 1 BRISTOL CITY 1

The Div 2 leaders faltered as the chasing pack closes to within 6 points at the top

A header ten minutes from time from City's Selezniov cancelled out MoM Denisov's opener on 70 minutes, which looked to have won the match for Leeds

picture.php?pictureid=3276&albumid=453&dl=1368049425&thumb=1

Denisov - thinks he's got the winner

It was a fair result on the balance of play and chances created.

Leeds manager, The Butcher of Montevideo, paid credit to the City manager for his club's recent revival that culminated in this good point.

"Earlier this season we won 6-1 at City and they were at the bottom of Div 2.

Now they have climbed clear of problems and their manager has made them tough to beat. We can't complain about the result today.

We now have one eye on playing our first Cup final in the club's history next Monday.

Before that, though, we have to face Hyina's West Ham at their place in what could be a Title decider.

The order of fixtures has't been kind to us - so we'll have to face West Ham with our B team and hope we get something out of the match"

Having a 9 point lead at the moment is great - but it's nothing that 3 quick defeats couldn't ruin for us.

We have to win the FA Cup to have any chance of getting out of debt by the end of the season and refresh the squad without having to sell our top players"

i1ff2f.png

Bolton 3 - 0 Stoke

J. MATA 1 (Pen)

V. FISCHER 21

S. DOUMBIA 73

Bolton cruised to victory against Stoke last night as Jay Gonzanez's men put on an impressive display at the Reebok Stadium, coming out as 3-0 victors. Bolton have had a tough season so far with inconsistent performances but the home fans were pleased to see their side playing as good as they are capable of.

The scoring was opened in the very first minute by none other than Juan Mata who scored his 13th goal of the season from the penalty spot. 18 year old Viktor Fischer was in the starting line-up yet again for Botlon, the manager certainly seems to believe in the young Danish starlet. Fischer earned the penalty for his side as he drew in a tackle from Jagielka while he was inside the box, a penalty which Mata converted with ease. Stoke were on andthe back-foot from the go as a result of Bolton taking the lead in the very first minute. It didn't take long for Bolton to extend their lead, Fischer finding the back of the net in the 21st minute to give Bolton a 2-0 lead with 70 minutes still to go in the match. After the second goal the match seemed to slow down as the home side looked in control of the match. Bolton kept their lead well into the second half before the match was finally put to bed when Seydou Doumbia scored the winner in the 73rd minute to seal a 3-0 win for Bolton. 18 year old Viktor Fischer was outstanding throughout the match as he first earned the penalty for the first goal of the match and found the back of the net himself in the 21st minute and he was named the Man of the Match for the tie.

Viktor%252520Fischer%252520-%252520PEC%252520Zwolle%252520uit.jpg

The win sees Bolton climb upto 16th in the table currently sitting on 38 points after 30 matches. Next up is an away match at Accrington, the manager will be hoping Bolton can get a win and string some results together to push them up the table.

DIVISION 2 WEEKEND PREVIEW

The big match of the weekend in this division sees promotion-chasing West Ham (3rd) face off against Leeds (1st).

Leeds currently hold a 9 point advantage over The Hammers and with a Cup Final looming on Monday the Whites will be hoping to come through the match unbeaten and injury free. West Ham have drawn 5 times in 14 home appearances this season and so a draw looks to be a likely outcome.

That result would suit 2nd placed Swansea who travel to Gillingham (13th) with a win for the Swans looking probable.

A defeat for West Ham could allow Norwich (4th) to leap frog them in the table. Norwich are at home to MK Dons (9th). Dons have seen their own promotion charge tail off in recent weeks and with only 1 win in their last 5 matches they may fear that another defeat is imminent against a powerful Norwich team.

Fulham (5th) should prove to be far too strong at home for Barnsley (19th). The Tykes are just 7 points above the relegation zone and with 16 matches remaining will be looking nervously over their shoulders as the teams around them either face each other or have winnable matches.

Hull (20th) are just two points adrift of Barnsley and face Stoke (23rd) at The Britannia Stadium. Any result other than a Stoke win could see the Potteries side almost certainly condemned to relegation to the 3rd division.

Wigan (21st) are on the same points as Hull and face a Millwall side (17th) that have lost 3 of the last 4. Wigan look too good to go down and may well pinch a result at The Den, where Millwall have already lost 9 times this season.

Newcastle (6th) have seen their own automatic promotion hopes fade in recent weeks - but should still be far too good for bottom club Leicester (24th) who have only picked up 15 points all season.

Improving Accrington (7th) are at home to Bolton (16th).Wanderers' low league position belies the quality in their squad - which includes former Chelsea hero Juan Mata (93). However, their lack of real depth has hurt them and Wanderers will need to be at their best to take anything from this game. Stanley have a chance to enter the playoff positions if they win and other results go their way.

That same opportunity is presented to Southampton (8th) who face Middlesboro (10th). Boro are only a point behind Saints - but the form guide suggests anything but a close contest. Southampton have lost just once in their last 10 matches whilst Boro have one win in six entering this match.

Bristol City (18th) face managerless Wrexham (14th). The Robins got a great draw at Leeds last time out and will be looking to build on that result with a convincing win that will take them to within 2 points of their opponents and banish any fears of relegation.

Burnley (9th) face Birmingham (22nd). The men from Turf Moor have lost their last 3 but Birmingham are winless in 5 - and another defeat for the Blues could scupper any lingering hopes of beating the drop.

The last match up of the weekend is a mid table affair between Hereford (15th) and Hudderfield (10th). Both teams are unbeaten in 4 so it's hard to see a clear favourite in this one.

1-1 draw away at Palace' date=' All I kept seeing was "Saved by Julio Cesar", no wonder he got man of the match :P[/quote']

Hmmm bit of artistic licence/ fibs going on here methinks! :P

Akinfeev made 4 saves in commentary to Cesar's 3, plus in the match report of the game that I watched it was Benzema who got man of the match (apparently for scoring a penalty and getting Mkhitaryan booked :rolleyes:).

I agree though that Cesar should have won it ;):D

Hey guys, sorry to disturb you, but I need your help! I'm writing up my dissertation on 'The Impact of Media on the Premier League'. I just need some opinions from you guys to use as quotes and research.

I'd love it if you could help me! Cheers, link is below:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2570914#post2570914

Morecambe looking to strengthen

Morecambe have this morning announced that 7 new players will be joining within the next 24 hours should they pass their medicals.

Veigas hopes these players will help Morecambe push on from their decent form they have been in and achieve promotion.

Sitting 4th in the league only 6 points of division leaders York City after 30 games is a great achievement for Morecambe this season. With 16 games left there is still plenty of time for changes in the division.

Morecambe welcome Bradford City(Russia) tomorrow at the Globe Arena, who are currently sitting in 2nd place.

Deal's not done yet' date=' he gets Doumbia for Cv:)[/quote']

I love how we're approaching our teams in totally opposite directions, you're going for quality whereas I've sold the likes of Nasri, Muniain and Welbeck to bring in depth and also future talents (JAMESSSSSS, POGBAAAAAAA :D)

;)

I love how we're approaching our teams in totally opposite directions' date=' you're going for quality whereas I've sold the likes of Nasri, Muniain and Welbeck to bring in depth and also future talents (JAMESSSSSS, POGBAAAAAAA :D)

;)[/quote']

Of course my squad is much better than yours ;), I will struggle for a strut while but then my talents will rise and become stars (Fischer, Niang and co.) I can always get some depth through risers and my starting XI will keep on improving and I can keep for a few years (provided I'm still playing the game that is)

Ah. Thats a pretty good deal for both then :)

Yeah. Depth will be a pretty big problem now I expect, was already causing problems for me and doing a 3-for-1 doesn't exactly help me out lol. Not too worried though, vey pleased with the quality in my squad.

Yeah. Depth will be a pretty big problem now I expect' date=' was already causing problems for me and doing a 3-for-1 doesn't exactly help me out lol. [b']Not too worried though, vey pleased with the quality in my squad[/b].

You do realise this isn't 5-a-side? :P