O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Imagine if he was 14 - I mean' date=' how long do you have to play Soccer Manager to see if he was worth the money?[/quote']

My brother did it for a laugh, I bought in another forum setup and he bought it in here!

Currently sorting out his squad. COME ON YOU HORNETS!

Saints trudging along nicely.

Geez..just had a read through the last couple of pages, Bolton everywhere! :D

As for my table position, it's certainly not where Bolton should be no doubt as we have one of the best squads in Division 2 with some of the best players and my players will only continue rising. That said I'm rubbish with tactics so not very surprising that we're where we are in the table :o.

Loving the D2 stats in this thread!

In league news, Fulhams solid form continues. Our worry at having both 1st and reserve LB's injured was allayed as Anyukov played solidly at LB on Wednesday in a 4-1 beating of Swansea, which moves us into 2nd place, however some distance behind Falcao FC.

With Kieran Gibbs back to 100% fitness, and two home games on the bounce coming up, we are looking to cement 2nd place and bounce straight back into the top flight.

If I do get promoted, I will be sad to leave D2, as the managers seem to have the most banter / interesting stat anylsis, so cudos guys!

You can see it differs quite a bit to Hyina's.

Bolton are doing awful, and Swansea are being the overachievers!

Stat: Leeds United are nearly worth 3 times as much as Bristol City in terms of their Starting XI.

Stat: Fulham do not have a single player worth below £10m in their Starting XI

Discuss.

i think its safe to say the bottom 4 shouldnt be anywhere near the relegation zone and along with bolton and millwall, would expect to be in the top half.

at the top of the table, i see burnley and swansea having a good season, otherwise the others should expect to pushing for promotion, with the top 2 finishing where they are now.

If I do get promoted' date=' I will be sad to leave D2, as the managers seem to have the most banter / interesting stat anylsis, so cudos guys![/quote']

Some are also amongst the best managers around the GW, imo.

Newcastle won the Shield with a 5-1 win over a D1 opponent and with Hull also went a long way in the Cup - and we had a stack of other D2 managers getting through to the latter rounds of the Cup and Shield.

Whilst my club pushes for promotion, it will be with a tinge of sadness that one leaves behind D2.

Should Leeds United eventually sit at the top table of the Premier League - their manager warming a bowl of brandy in front of an open fire and puffing on a $200 Cuban cigar - we shall remember the managers we left behind - with their grubby faces and threadbare clothes, impishly stealing the tips off the tables at Starbucks.

In league news' date=' Fulhams solid form continues. Our worry at having both 1st and reserve LB's injured was allayed as Anyukov played solidly at LB on Wednesday in a 4-1 beating of Swansea, which moves us into 2nd place, however some distance behind Falcao FC.

With Kieran Gibbs back to 100% fitness, and two home games on the bounce coming up, we are looking to cement 2nd place and bounce straight back into the top flight.

If I do get promoted, I will be sad to leave D2, as the managers seem to have the most banter / interesting stat anylsis, so cudos guys![/quote']

Im not

:(

Been the worst season im my SM history :(:o

...which moves us into 2nd place' date=' however some distance behind [b']Falcao FC[/b].

Mike - you insolent pup, jumping on the Hyina bandwagon .

I don't know why you guys who are eating our dust get so obsessed with Falcao - he's hardly our secret weapon as I've stated before.

He rarely plays a full match, to try and keep him at 100% for the big games, and with 94 goals scored by all Leeds players so far this season, I really think you're letting your envy and despair colour your judgement of his value to our side

Mata is playing somewhere else in this division (93) and no one seems to suggest he represents a "one man team"

It's lonely at the top, sigh...

Mata is playing somewhere else in this division (93) and no one seems to suggest he represents a "one man team"

It's lonely at the top' date=' sigh...[/quote']

Yeah but Bolton's different, even if Hancock had:

Handanovic

Zabaleta, Dante, Lahm

Lantos

Tello, Alonso, Yaya, Juanfran

Lambert, Van Persie

They'd still be 2nd last after 4 matches :eek:

Sorry Hancock, this is getting too easy to make fun of ya! :rolleyes:;):P:D

AFC Wimbledon manager not logged in for 25 days so a space will be free soon.

Only other club available is Northampton (Wahey!)' date=' and they are on offer to a manager called Napoli Fan, who currently manages Grimsby (Not sure if hes on the forum or not).

The Northampton team is a really good job to get imo, they have Szczesny, Briand, Pepe, Varela, Schaars all at 89 which is great for div 4, and some good youngsters like Kusk and Salim Cisse. Try sending him a message if you can mate :)[/quote']

I will keep an eye :)

The wimbledon job sounds a good one so I will cross my fingers for that or the Northampton job. I dont mind ;)

Hyina you can make fun of me all you want in terms of my tactics but the simple fact of the matter is I have created a much better team at Bolton with equal if not less resources when I started then you have with West Ham :D

Analysis Part II

This time who is paying for their talent! and who is paying for their flops!

Current League Table

TABLEA_zps31420caa.png

Table sorted by average Wage

TABLEB_zpsca8d7a6b.png*Gillingham might be the odd one out based on the amount in their first team.

One table Leeds do not lead, it is actually Newcastle and Fulham who overtake them in terms of Average Wage.

Another table showing the cracking job Swansea are doing, and it is a bit more lax on the terrible showing by Stoke, and especially Bolton :P

Southampton have the youngest first squad, and backing up what we know, Fulham and Leeds have the strongest squads, therefore is why they sit first and second in the table!

Earlier tonight, Leeds United had pointed out that people go on and on about Falcao FC but they ignored Mata FC a.k.a Bolton Wanderers. Tonight's result.

Jay Gonzanez steered Bolton Wanderers to victory against Norwich City.

Bolton Wanderers beat Norwich City 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Mata had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Griezmann and Mikel were amongst the goalscorers.

Mata = 2 Assists from 2 Set-pieces (one a corner and one a free-kick)

Man of the Match = Mata

Bolton officials and manager Jay Gonzanez have just have confirmed that the club's name has now been changed from Bolton Wanderers to Mata FC. The manager's official statement:

Mata's flippin awesome!

Gateshead 2-4 Port Vale

Played a mixed bunch tonight so i could keep some fresh legs for Monday and it worked wonders with Vilhena coming in and bagging a hatrick.

If we can keep up this form, then we could well make a late surge on the play-offs and considering we were 2 points off the relegation zone not long ago, that would a be a fantastic turn around for my lads.

Port Vale have now won 5 games in a row after beating Gateshead setting a new club record.
Club Message

After their result against Gateshead, Port Vale are now unbeaten in 10 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

What a load of bull' date=' enjoy rest of weekends people!

[list']

[*]Tasci Injured

[*]Giroud Suspended

[*]Campbell Suspended

[*]Thumped by 24th Place...

Seems SM wanted to be funny with their match system tonight...

• Jadson injured
  • Had sixteen shots to their six.
  • Lost 3-1
  • Thumped by 24th.

Blackpool 2-2 Everton

Pretty pleased with a point looking at the stats, we had to do it the hard way and come from behind twice. Everton took the lead in the first half through Edin Dzeko. Blackpool changed formation on the hour to 3-5-2 and equalised soon after as Theo Walcott scored his 14th league goal of the season. Dzeko scored again to regain Evertons lead. Blackpools second equaliser came from Samuel Eto'o, it is just the fourth goal of the season for the Cameroon Striker.

Theo Walcott picked up a small injury late on, and will miss Wednesdays match against Aston Villa. The injury will give Samuel Eto'o a chance to prove himself.

"The injury at the start of the season to Samuel has affected his confidence alot. I still have alot of faith in him, and we have no plans to sell him as some newspapers have reported. I gave him a new contract recently, and it is up to him to show our fans he can still cut it at this level!"

-Marc Spicer

Three games without a win, meaning we are only in the Champions League places by 3 points.

Div 2

ACCRINGTON 3 LEEDS 2

Spirited Stanley down leaders

Accrington Stanley took revenge on Leeds for their 1-2 defeat at Elland Road earlier this season.

Coming off the back of a 4-0 defeat at Wigan, Stanley bounced back with a fighting performance that keeps them on the edge of the playoffs.

For Leeds it was a night of missed opportunities. With the chasing clubs having poor results Leeds could have gone 15 points clear at the top with a win.

They started well, taking the game to Stanley with the brand of attacking football that has brought them 14 wins on the road already this season.

Accrington went ahead after five minutes through a scuffed shot from Polanski.

Denisov thought he'd equalised for Leeds with a bullet free kick - only for the ball to cannon off the post with the keeper beaten.

Just when it looked like the equaliser would surely come for Leeds, who bossed possession and shots, Accrington won a free kick 25 yeards out and Salcido headed home to put Stanley 2-0 up and in control of the match.

Stanley had further chances to extend their lead to being beyond Leeds - who grimly hung on to go in at 0-2 down.

Leeds came out strongly in the second half and pulled a goal back from another Denisov free kick - this one bending just inside the post from 25 yards out.

picture.php?pictureid=3276&albumid=453&dl=1368647632&thumb=1

Denisov, Leeds' DM anchorman, bags his 9th goal of the season

The come back looked on for Leeds - who were only denied an equaliser by some fine goalkeeping. Then came a sucker punch from Kenwyn Jones to restore Stanley's two goal advantage.

1-3 down and a mountain to climb with twenty minutes to go

Leeds pulled another back through Benatia with ten minutes still remaining - but it was Stanley that finished the stronger to record an excellent win.

picture.php?pictureid=3127&albumid=449&dl=1368218607&thumb=1

The Butcher of Montevideo was circumspect about the result

Defeat is a bitter pill to swallow - but other results always put it in to perspective.

A win would have put us 15 points clear - which would have been great - but it wasn't just us who missed an opportunity. With us losing it was also a night for our rivals to close the gap on us by getting a big win. We're having a wobble with 3 defeats in our last 5 matches.

The fact that they couldn't do so is very uplifting - it suggests that we can sometimes stumble and still get away with it.

Only Newcastle made any real gain on us tonight - the rest all had poor results, a fluky 0-0 home draw and 3 home defeats amongst them.

We play Birmingham away next and they did us a favour tonight by winning 2-0 at Fulham. It's important that we don't do them any by not fielding our best side.

Birmingham also took our unbeaten home record off us - so we know they are a tough opponent. We'll be in a battle to get anything from St Andrew's.