English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Samuel Eto'o will continue to lead the line for Blackpool in the absence of Theo Walcott for tonights Europ League semi-final away to Crystal Palace. Him scoring an away goal will go a long way to sealing his future at the club next season.

In other news the club has not recieved any attractive bids for Jesus Navas' date=' so have decided to keep the Spainyard and he has signed a new 5 year contract with the club worth £60,000 a week.[/b']

He could do very well at Man City - worth hanging on to him anyway.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

indexnh.jpgwith the extra cash i amassed over the last couple of transfers i decided to create an actual youth team before i go plumeting into red again:D

ok no idea why this is happening but my pics aren't showing up for some reason

so players who have joined are

ettore lagommarsini

lonut serban

albert rafetraniaina

hjortur hermannsson

joel mero

kevin gutierrez

joel valencia

akhlidin israilov

kacper lazaj

erich berko

lukas cmelik

matt kennedy

indexnh.jpg

indexnh.jpg

indexnh.jpgwith the extra cash i amassed over the last couple of transfers i decided to create an actual youth team before i go plumeting into red again:D

ok no idea why this is happening but my pics aren't showing up for some reason

so players who have joined are

ettore lagommarsini

lonut serban

albert rafetraniaina

hjortur hermannsson

joel mero

kevin gutierrez

joel valencia

akhlidin israilov

kacper lazaj

erich berko

lukas cmelik

matt kennedy

indexnh.jpg

indexnh.jpg

LOL spam much?

:P

Albert and Joel are pretty good imo :) nice buys

Hull City 1-0 Leeds United

Our 11th win in 14 games, just a bit disappointed we couldn't of put a run together like this near the beginning of the season.

Well Done to Leeds with winning promotion, commiserations to Stoke and Leicester, best of luck for next season

Well Done to Leeds with winning promotion' date=' commiserations to Stoke and Leicester, best of luck for next season[/quote']

Thanks Ryan, Riece, Chris Lord and a couple of other managers also - for the kind words of congratulations that you've posted on the forum (or sent via PM) on Leeds' promotion.

It's much appreciated - you're a very sporting bunch of fellows in this GW.

Hopefully we can get the 3-4 vacant slots filled up with some high calibre managers.

I was recently reading the EC 7046 forum. They have been consistently at 100% occupancy for a long time (I know - I've been waiting to join) - and they reckon they've got the best GW out there.

I think EC 7777 runs them close.

Also I hope that when EC 28888 opens we can descend on it like a Biblical plague and make it one of the top GWs.

I was recently reading the EC 7046 forum. They have been consistently at 100% occupancy for a long time (I know - I've been waiting to join) - and they reckon they've got the best GW out there.

I think EC 7777 runs them close.

Also I hope that when EC 28888 opens we can descend on it like a Biblical plague and make it one of the top GWs.

Many have tried... 27777, 27046, even a custom Double D etc... But doubt it will work... :)

Many have tried... 27777' date=' 27046, even a custom Double D etc... But doubt it will work... :)[/quote']

was about to post exactly the same, ive seen many of these lately and none have stuck. In my experience, no other gameworld will get close to 7046 and 7777 that's wot makes them so special. On sm 7046 and 7777 is the place to be.

Many have tried... 27777' date=' 27046, even a custom Double D etc... But doubt it will work... :)[/quote']

You may be right - but I think it's a question of trying to get 2-3 top managers each to sign up from other GWs and then getting them to find one each - like pyramid selling

the big problems come when the top clubs go to novice managers who quickly leave or with a bunch of guys entering in one block and then resigning en masse.

hard to recover when many clubs are ruined immediately - but worth a go, I reckon

7046 & 7777 are the best by far now,

106 was popular but died over the last 6 months IMO, still solid though..

many forumers tried to start up 231990, just ending season 2 and on last 17 managers..

no other GWs come close, if your in 7777, your part of something special! :)

;2617827']7046 & 7777 are the best by far now' date='

many forumers tried to start up 231990, just ending season 2 and on last 17 managers..

no other GWs come close, if your in 7777, your part of something special! :)[/quote']

Agreed, but 7046 has that whole blogging thing going for it and website etc

Does it actually work? I mean how many people actually use the blog and the website? Think it's pretty pointless myself' date=' and hardly an exciting addition[/quote']

Thats because you are not a massive part of it and don't take a look at it doesnt mean somebody else doesn't.Craig does a massive job with the blog and makes it very attractive.

Does it actually work? I mean how many people actually use the blog and the website? Think it's pretty pointless myself' date=' and hardly an exciting addition[/quote']

Im not part of the GW but had a browse through the blog a few days ago, and was an interesting read

:)

Thats because you are not a massive part of it and don't take a look at it doesnt mean somebody else doesn't.Craig does a massive job with the blog and makes it very attractive.

I did take a look actually hence I'm commenting on it. I'm not a massive part of it? Last time I checked the Blog had precisely 1 blogger, so hardly anyone's a massive part of it :o

I did take a look actually hence I'm commenting on it. I'm not a massive part of it? Last time I checked the Blog had precisely 1 blogger' date=' so hardly anyone's a massive part of it :o[/quote']

The blog is mostly to attract some attention and show some important things like Predictions,The thread,Team of the day and so on.

The blog is mostly to attract some attention and show some important things like Predictions' date='The thread,Team of the day and so on.[/quote']

I think we could do a better job ourselves without a blog and website - which seem to over complicate matters.

a) Matchday Previews - I did a few for Div 2 this season and they seemed quite well received. We should do it for all the divisions - it helps build a little bit of anticipation for the forthcoming fixtures and gives them a context

B) For a while we had a parallel site for EC 7777 with squad information, club news etc - that was quite entertaining, but not used very much

c) The Team of the Week was good - but too much work for one or two guys. It should be passed around in rotation - so a different manager does it each week within his/her own division

d) We should try and get more of the current GW managers to contribute to the forum. It doesn't matter too much what they write - but once you have 25+ people contributing regularly there will always be something to read and it creates more of a sense of community.

e) We should track down any manager who ruins a club and set fire to his trousers whilst he is still wearing them

;2617827']7046 & 7777 are the best by far now' date='

no other GWs come close, if your in 7777, your part of something special! :)[/quote']

I was crunching some numbers on Monday night trying to decide which teams to cut as I was participating in 9 English Championships as well as my Golds, customs, etc :o

Some stats (as of Monday night -teams out on offer were classed as unmanaged)

% of teams managed

1) EC7046 - 100%

2) EC7777 - 97%

3) EC106 - 95%

4) EC5579 - 84%

5) EC4662 - 81%

6) EC26335 - 70%

7) EC28308 - 69%

8) EC2933 - 48%

9) EC8888 - 31%

But, if you remember that the reason we're all here is to be sociable :D and remember that 7777 is a 5-division gameworld whereas 7046 is a 4-division gameworld, what I then did was counted the number of managers who had been online in the last 7 days (ignoring any who hadn't logged in 8 days or more) as this would give an indication of which EC had the highest number of active managers:

Number of managers who had logged on in last 7 days

1) EC7777 - 108

2) EC7046 - 75

3) EC106 - 68

4) EC26335 - 65

5) EC5579 - 60

6) EC28308 - 59

7) EC4662 - 56

8) EC2933 - 34

9) EC8888 - 29

The 7046 forum threads are bouncing just now and it may have the 'media edge' but credit must be given to 7777 for being that rare thing of a 5-division gameworld that is consistently full or near-full and (based on my snap-shot) having the largest number of dedicated managers in all of SM (even adjusting for the bigger size 7777 still has 96.4% of mannagers who have logged on in the last 7 days compared to 7046's 93.75%).

This is especially impressive when you look at the newer 5-division gameworlds such as EC28308 and EC26335, which are both doing well but not in the same league as 7777 (and the least said about EC8888 the better :eek:).

Stats will tell you anything though so I guess the easiest conclusion to draw is that EC7046 is firmly established now as the best forum-backed 4-division EC (EC1 is still legendary but has long since faded as a forum super-power and is probably the Great Britain to 7046's USA with 7777 being China ;)) while EC7777 is untouchable as the best forum-backed or non-forum-backed 5-division EC.

EC26335 and EC28308 are the closest to 7777 in my experience but I can only see one of them surviving over the next year so the rivalry for me is between them rather than with 7777.

For the 4-division gameworlds 106 is solid albeit going through a forum dip at the moment, and anyone unable to get into 7046 or 106 could do worse than 5579 or 4662.

There may be other top EC's out there but I try to keep my finger on the pulse so I'd be surprised if I've missed any of the biggies :D

I was crunching some numbers on Monday night trying to decide which teams to cut as I was participating in 9 English Championships as well as my Golds' date=' customs, etc :o

Some stats (as of Monday night -teams out on offer were classed as unmanaged)

[b']% of teams managed [/b]

1) EC7046 - 100%

2) EC7777 - 97%

3) EC106 - 95%

4) EC5579 - 84%

5) EC4662 - 81%

6) EC26335 - 70%

7) EC28308 - 69%

8) EC2933 - 48%

9) EC8888 - 31%

But, if you remember that the reason we're all here is to be sociable :D and remember that 7777 is a 5-division gameworld whereas 7046 is a 4-division gameworld, what I then did was counted the number of managers who had been online in the last 7 days (ignoring any who hadn't logged in 8 days or more) as this would give an indication of which EC had the highest number of active managers:

Number of managers who had logged on in last 7 days

1) EC7777 - 108

2) EC7046 - 75

3) EC106 - 68

4) EC26335 - 65

5) EC5579 - 60

6) EC28308 - 59

7) EC4662 - 56

8) EC2933 - 34

9) EC8888 - 29

The 7046 forum threads are bouncing just now and it may have the 'media edge' but credit must be given to 7777 for being that rare thing of a 5-division gameworld that is consistently full or near-full and (based on my snap-shot) having the largest number of dedicated managers in all of SM (even adjusting for the bigger size 7777 still has 96.4% of mannagers who have logged on in the last 7 days compared to 7046's 93.75%).

This is especially impressive when you look at the newer 5-division gameworlds such as EC28308 and EC26335, which are both doing well but not in the same league as 7777 (and the least said about EC8888 the better :eek:).

Stats will tell you anything though so I guess the easiest conclusion to draw is that EC7046 is firmly established now as the best forum-backed 4-division EC (EC1 is still legendary but has long since faded as a forum super-power and is probably the Great Britain to 7046's USA with 7777 being China ;)) while EC7777 is untouchable as the best forum-backed or non-forum-backed 5-division EC.

EC26335 and EC28308 are the closest to 7777 in my experience but I can only see one of them surviving over the next year so the rivalry for me is between them rather than with 7777.

For the 4-division gameworlds 106 is solid albeit going through a forum dip at the moment, and anyone unable to get into 7046 or 106 could do worse than 5579 or 4662.

There may be other top EC's out there but I try to keep my finger on the pulse so I'd be surprised if I've missed any of the biggies :D

Top top top top TOP read! Good work man!

Now could you do the same with the customs? :P:D;)

CHELSEA RELEGATED

coventry-city-fans-550552705-2971066.jpg

Distraught Chelsea fans after the defeat at Everton

Chelsea are relegated from Division 1 after losing 2-0 away at Everton.

Despite a recovery after Manager Tom King’s timely return it wasn’t enough to save Chelsea from being relegated after stuttering in the final part of the campaign after a partial revival.

At the start of the season Chelsea’s relegation would barely have been conceived but now it has become a cruel reality questions are going to have to be answered and the first person to go to is current Manager Tom King.

When asked where the Blue’s went wrong this season a subdued King replied:

“We just haven't been good enough this season. The team. The staff. The club as a whole have probably struggled to cope with the continued demand of this ever advancing league.
“Injuries have played their part we have had most of out key players out for extensive periods this season and that doesn’t help but we have a decent sized squad so that cant be used as the sole reason.”

When asked about where his absence had an effect on the team this season King responded:

“Yes of course it did, Martin [Keown] (Assistant Manager) did his best whilst I was away but when you look at it, it was that period there was where we lost most of our games this season and it probably cost us.”

King was philosophical about his future at Chelsea:

“We have achieved so much here. I feel some people have said some things in the press certainly from a Sky Blue Team in the North West that only look at what has happened this season not what has been accomplished in previous seasons. I have two seasons left on my contract and if the club wills it I will see those out and I will do my upmost to get this club back to where we have been and where we belong, but we will just have to wait and see.”

Tonight Chelsea Drew 0-0 away at Sunderland to setup a winner takes all game at Stamford Bridge to get to the Champions League Final against either Manchester City or Arsenal. After today’s results a European Final against Man City could very well be on the cards and in light of recent comments in the press between King and City Manager Mr Active it could be a fiery fixture.

JS17490824.jpg

A future in doubt. A sombre looking King walks off the Pitch at Goodison.

CHELSEA RELEGATED

I bet old Roman will be somewhat disappointed.

He'd be on his 9th manager of the season after a performance like that in real life...

Unrest in the terraces, lost the dressing room, gong hunting in Europe for his CV....

King must go

(just kidding:))