English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

CHELSEA RELEGATED

I bet old Roman will be somewhat disappointed.

He'd be on his 9th manager of the season after a performance like that in real life...

Unrest in the terraces' date=' lost the dressing room, gong hunting in Europe for his CV....

King must go

(just kidding:))[/quote']

Haha everyone gets one chance. Roman should be happy i have already got him the Champions league twice.

Going to battle back next season. Might need to shake up the squad though :eek:

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Haha everyone gets one chance. Roman should be happy i have already got him the Champions league twice.

Going to battle back next season. Might need to shake up the squad though :eek:

If Ronaldo fancies a move back to the Premierleague, you know who to call B);)

Blackpool 2-0 Crystal Palace

Blackpool have put a big foot into the Fina of the Europa League after winning the first leg of the semi 2-0 away from home. Fans were surprised with Spicers team selection after eaving two of Blackpools most creative players in Navas and Nani on the bench. The pair have scored 26 goals and assisted in 26 goals in all competitions this season.

Raul Meireles and Borges Willian came into the team from Satursdays win over Liverpool, into a 5-4-1 formation.

Handanovic (91)

Zabatela (91) Koscienly (90) Garay (90) Filipe (90) Asamoah (91)

Willian (91) Tevez (93) Meireles (91) Marchisio (92)

Eto'o (92)

The decision to give Willian a game worked as the Brazilian opened the scoring in the 29th minute. Claudio Marchisio scored the second goal in the 75th minute, the Italian in good scoring form since his arrival after not scoring all season for Manchester City. In the last 15 minutes Tevez, Marchisio and Willian were subsituted for Vela, Danilo and Taiwo as we sat back to keep the clean sheet.

"Tactically we played very well and really smart. The plan was to pack in the middle of the park and play on the counter. We go into the second leg as huge favorites, but we realise there is still alot of work to do for us to reach the final".

-Marc Spicer

If Ronaldo fancies a move back to the Premierleague' date=' you know who to call B);)[/quote']

:rolleyes: I have already spoken to Ronnie he wants to stay.

You can have Villa though if your interested. A ready made 20 goal a season striker :D

Doing things like that Blackpool should buy Moses' date=' would have a religious out-wide attacking options in Jesus (Navas) and (Victor) Moses[/quote']

They should try and get Mohammed (Abdellaoue) or (Omar Ati) Allah as well and make it a religious front 4. :D

Doing things like that Blackpool should buy Moses' date=' would have a religious out-wide attacking options in Jesus (Navas) and (Victor) Moses[/quote']

I would prefer to have the power of two jesus' by signing jesus juan (You can make this happen Frozen) :D

blimey the thread has come alive!

Richard is correct, just need more of the active forumers to post there ramblings every so often, we dont need a fancy website or blog, the thread is good enough. His previews are great too, much kudos.

like the man said - we have a transfer /match review thread hardly used but i prefer to post that kind of guff here so all of you can get an eyefull :D some of the posts were high quality but from guys we never seem to here from again!

Machine/Stu - blimming amazing analysis there - and thats one thing i forget, 5 Division ECs are pretty rare! and we have the most active one going...

Kingy comes from nowhere to write up that nice Chelsea relegation story... oh wait it happened... :P

and in the past we had some nice little sub-games going on, fantasy football one season, predictor games, teams of the week etc etc, but is a heck of alot of work - so if we want to revive these, we need to share the workload..

im culling clubs over the summer aim to keep 3/4 and put more time into forum writing and also Soccerwiki - some big changes coming soon to help it become more of a community and driving people to keep the database more up to date than ever before.

final plug - do you see yourself as a 'scout'? could you assist in updating leagues? the more 'exotic' the better! if so drop me a PM.

Arsenal 0-4 Man City

Raphael Varane scored a header in the first half hour of his debut to give us the lead at the Emirates, a couple of minutes later Shinji Kagawa doubled our lead in his first Champions league game for City, David Silva got the third five minutes later and Sergio Aguero got the fourth in the second half of the game, great win in the first leg at Arsenal.

Was my last Champions League game in charge with my gold membership running out in 5 days, went attacking last night hoping get a few away goals and it worked for us, if my chairman blows this lead in the second leg, well, hes terrible. :P

huge game tonight for sheff wed, playing third placed reading who are currently only 2 points behind us, a win and it makes automatic promotion almost complete a loss and i'll be dragged into the coin toss that is the playoffs, normally i'd be feeling pretty confident about a game like this as i'm able to field my full strength starting 11, something that i haven't been able to do for a few games now, but with the recent dip in form its certainly squeaky bum time and i definetley wont be taking anything for granted at this late stage of the season.

Just a quick re-introduction... been away for a year and saw a opening at Hartlepool United so snapped them up! Hope that was ok.... must remember to change my sig!!!! Did look for Burton Albion but were already taken! Glad to see league going strong after all this time!

Everything has changed a lot since I was away but hopefully wont take long to get up to speed!

See out the last 4 games and start to rebuild! Hopefully catch up JMH!!

Just a quick re-introduction... been away for a year and saw a opening at Hartlepool United so snapped them up! Hope that was ok.... must remember to change my sig!!!! Did look for Burton Albion but were already taken! Glad to see league going strong after all this time!

Everything has changed a lot since I was away but hopefully wont take long to get up to speed!

See out the last 4 games and start to rebuild! Hopefully catch up JMH!!

Welcome back :).

Div 2 Midweek Preview

A few belters tonight - with results inevitably having a huge impact at both ends of the table with just 4 matches remaining.

The middle of the table is very congested and anyone down to, say, 12th place is still in with a strong shout of the playoffs.

Last time I did this I got every prediction wrong - so let's see if I can manage it again. Just 4 matches to predict as it's late and the pub is open.

West Ham (2nd) v Burnley (7th)

Hammers have held their nerve in recent weeks after some dodgy midseason results to remain favourites to join Leeds in the automatic promotion places. They hold a 4 point advantage over third placed Fulham - who visit Leeds. A win for West Ham coupled with defeat for Fulham would put the East London side in pole position to get back to Div 1 without the trauma of the playoffs. For Burnley a win looks vital if they are also to keep pace with the teams above them.

Predict: West Ham win (hell, it hurts to say that)

Newcastle (5th) v MK Dons (8th)

3 places and 4 points separate them. MK Dons have had a topsy turvy season - starting well, fading and then rekindling their promotion dreams with some decent performances. Newcastle likewise, look like Champions one week and average the next. MK Dons have the better recent form so I'll plump for a draw.

Leeds (1st) v Fulham (3rd)

Full strength 90 ranked team on show for Leeds (well, it's only right isn't it- even though we should be playing the kids).

Fulham (91 rating) were relegated with Leeds and Millwall last season and need a win to stay close to West Ham. So clearly, a 6-0 win for Leeds looks the most probable result.

Middlesbro (6th) v Birmingham (22nd)

Looks like a home banker - but I'm not so sure. Birmingham are making a decent fist of hauling themselves out of the mire of relegation , with a couple of teams above them struggling badly. Great credit must go to the Birmingham manager for giving the Blues a chance when they looked doomed earlier in the season.

Get your money on the draw here.

Elsewhere, keep your eyes on Bristol City (11th, 6 wins on the trot) and Hull (on a huge run at the moment).

Swansea manager seems to have given up on the season and they are in the worst form of anyone at the moment. If they aren't careful relegation is still a mathematical possibility - an amazing turnaround for a club that led the table at one point in the season.

The bottom two Leicester and Stoke meet in a match to decide the wooden spoon.

Don't care now' date=' 15 shots to 6, and lose 2-0. Okay all my first team are getting dropped end of.[/quote']

try some outlandish tacitcal changes, ie at 75mins throw CBs up front & go direct long ball!

worked for me in the cup!

Morecambe a win away from promotion?

Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Rotherham United.

Morecambe beat Rotherham United 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Plet scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Leao and Jara were also amongst the goalscorers.

Glynor+Plet+ADO+Den+Haag+v+FC+Twente+Eredivisie+zJqmQMrXu0bl.jpg

Plet scores the opener after just 11 minutes

This win as seen Morecambe keep hold of a 6 points lead over 4th place Bradford with only 3 games left. With us travelling to last placed Oxford on Saturday, a win there should guaranty us automatic promotion.