English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 1-1 Preston

With Champions League football already secured, Blackpool gave some of the squad players a run out against Preston.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Sokratis (89) Koscielny (90) Taiwo (88) Asamoah (91)

Vela (89) Eto'o (92) Meireles (91) Willian (91)

Almeida (88)

Preton took the lead in the second half through Gabby Agbonlahor. Blackpool had to call on there reliable captain Carlos Tevez to come off the bench and score a late equaliser.

Our attention now turns to sealing our place in the Europa League final.

Also ive offered Alvarez to several clubs that have him shortlisted (Apart from Division 1 sides) for £11 million. If anyone else who hasnt shortlisted him and wants him feel free to make a bid :)

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Crystal Palace were unlucky not come away with the win after drawing 2 - 2 against Blackburn Rovers in their Division 1 fixture.

Love scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Shirokov was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A battling point takes us to 44 points and with relegation 'rivals' Wolves travelling to Anfield on 41 points we were hopeful that Liverpool could do us a big favour.....

LIVERPOOL 1 v 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS

:(

So now we are both on 44pts, Wolves with a better goal difference.

Last game I travel to Ed's Arsenal who have lost 3 games on the spin (but surely can't lose 4 in a row?!) while Wolves host Riece's tough-looking Shorpe side who are unbeaten in the last 4 games, so on form at least then we have a chance but to be honest it's looking a bit grim :(:rolleyes:

On the positive side though, both ourselves and Wolves could win and move to 47 pts in which case if any one of Forest, West Brom, or Liverpool (who are all on 46pts) lose the last game they will be relegated! :)

In fact, so bad is their goal difference that either West Brom or Liverpool could draw their last game and still go down (in the scenario where both us and Wolves win the last game)....Wednesday will be a moment for score centre on slow speed if ever there was one :eek::D

i know its a bit early as the season isn't over yet, but always looking forward i was wondering if anyone would have a left mid(dml/ml/aml) for loan next season until ganso comes back from injury, looking ideally at a min of an 87ov but if pickings are slim then i'd be more than happy to drop a few points on that.

Team of the Round

Last round I did a team of the round just for Division 1, which I enjoyed doing. This time ive looked at all 5 divisions, and picked out the best performers in my opinion. Division 3 represents the TOTR the most, with 4 players being selected.

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

Andy Lonergan

(Oxford)

------Srna--------Yoshida--------Yumlu-------Cissokho

(Sheffield Wed)-(Bouremouth)-(Kidderminster)-(Newcastle)

------Elia----------Rolfes--------Boateng-------Hoilett

----(Burnley)-----(Wolves)-------(Cardiff)-----(Chartlon)

-----Huntelaar------Simpson

-----(Fulham)-------(Luton)

Player of the Round

ghrr.jpg

I was torn between two different type of players for this award. Andy Lonergan had a terrific performance in goal for Oxford, keeping a clean sheet against second place Morecambe. He had 15 shots on target and saved them all. On another day that performance would have won it, but Klass Jan Huntelaar was on fire for Fulham, as the dutchman scored all four goals in a 4-1 win over Wrexham.

Div 3

Charlton 2-2 Derby

Hoilett scored 2 goals for us and got himself sent off. We couldn't keep hold of our lead but it didn't matter as Wednesday's draw with Carlisle meant we had won the Division 3 title with 2 games to go.

tonight's match report

table hasn't updated yet but its safe to say that charlton are now champions' date=' congrats to them there was a lot of shuffling and chasing this season between myself and them but they pulled it together where it mattered towards the final run in[/font']

Thanks. It's been a great season and we are looking forward for next season.

A battling point takes us to 44 points and with relegation 'rivals' Wolves travelling to Anfield on 41 points we were hopeful that Liverpool could do us a big favour.....

LIVERPOOL 1 v 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS

:(

So now we are both on 44pts' date=' Wolves with a better goal difference.

Last game I travel to Ed's [b']Arsenal[/b] who have lost 3 games on the spin (but surely can't lose 4 in a row?!) while Wolves host Riece's tough-looking Shorpe side who are unbeaten in the last 4 games, so on form at least then we have a chance but to be honest it's looking a bit grim :(:rolleyes:

On the positive side though, both ourselves and Wolves could win and move to 47 pts in which case if any one of Forest, West Brom, or Liverpool (who are all on 46pts) lose the last game they will be relegated! :)

In fact, so bad is their goal difference that either West Brom or Liverpool could draw their last game and still go down (in the scenario where both us and Wolves win the last game)....Wednesday will be a moment for score centre on slow speed if ever there was one :eek::D

Nervous.

SHOCKING..............

Chris Share was unable to prevent a Hartlepool United defeat to Bury.

Hartlepool United lost 4 - 3 to Bury in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Cole and Boukari were amongst the goalscorers.

Was 3-1 up with 20 mins to play....

Bury scored 3-2 had player sent off with 9 minutes left then scored twice in last 6 minutes!!!

Whats that all about!!!!!

Morecambe slip up

Morecambe lost to last placed already relegated Oxford after winning 4 in a row against much stronger sides. Blame myself as I rested a few of the bigger names as I thought I had enough quality to win this game.

Veigas was unable to prevent a Morecambe defeat to Oxford United.

Morecambe slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Oxford United in their Division 4 fixture.

We deserved at least a point if not all 3 as we edge it, stats wise but we just couldn't take any of our 20 odd chances.

The chance was there to close the gap between Morecambe and div leaders York City to 2 points who where defeated by Port Vale and pretty much guaranty us automatic promotion.

Cheltenham come to the Globe Arena Monday where I'm hoping we can finish the job and secure second place.

Decided to play the youth on the Saturday, and did very well just lacked that finish, Vellios wasn't clinical enough. Gazzaniga proved himself too, grear performance from the goalkeeper.

Lost 1-0 to Norwich, but just missed out on promotion, 5 points adrift, 3 to play and got fed up with first team bottling it, so decided to get the likes of Schniederlin, Hughes, Barkley et al, 180 minutes.

I will play the youth again but with Joel Campbell out captaining the side, hopefully gets his 88 rating in thr close season. Monday with going out with a bang with a fully fit first XI albeit with Tasci out.

All gone quiet on the Jordi Alba front, very hard decision obviously. The un-named club know of the difficulty and will understand if talks do break down.

Swindon Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Walsall in their Division 3 fixture

Despite dominating their 81 rated team in every stat, including number of yellow cards, my 87 rated team still failed to win.

Oh well, Walsall are a bit of a bogey side for us so when they scored after 6 minutes and we hadn't equalised by the half time break I knew that disappointment was looming.

We remain in 7th place though and just off the play-offs, although my squad is struggling to cope with the extra match day. Usually I get through it ok but with a change of tactics this season we have suffered a higher rate of injuries and suspensions than I normally expect.

For instance, I signed Nathan Byrne as cover for RM but for the last few games he has become a regular. Not complaining though as he has done very well.

Possibly our last shot at the play-offs is tomorrow night's match against Ipswich; who are also looking to cement their place in the top 6. So that promises to be an interesting contest.

Not too hopeful though, as we have 5 first team players out on suspension or injury and I will have to field at least one NMF defender. We will give it our best shot though.

Good luck to all managers still chasing something and I am already looking forward to the SMFA EC7777 Managers End-of-Season dinner. No-one has told me where it is yet but I will bring some beer(s)..

Div 2

BARNSLEY 2 LEEDS 3

Leeds' squad players put in a solid performance to secure another win for the Div 2 champions.

Cissé set up Marvin Martin to give Leeds the advantage after 28 minutes. but young Barnsley prospect Deulofeu equalised immediately.

picture.php?pictureid=3235&albumid=453&dl=1370899398&thumb=1

Martin - a rare goal

Then Cissé put Denisov through for the Russian playmaker to grab his 11th goal of a productive season and edge Leeds ahead 2-1 at the break

picture.php?pictureid=3357&albumid=453&dl=1371415809&thumb=1

Denisov - Mister Consistent for Leeds

Giovinco capped his man-of-the-match performance with a third for Leeds after 72 minutes before Mertens got a late consolation goal for The Tykes.

picture.php?pictureid=3358&albumid=453&dl=1371415809&thumb=1

Giovinco bags his 9th of the season

Leeds play Newcastle next in a match which has diminished in importance quite a bit for both sides since West Ham clinched the 2nd automatic promotion spot (well done, Hyina).

congrats West Ham, Leeds & Charlton on getting promoted this weekend......

weekend game saw us take on Bath City. The match ended 1 - 1, with Luiz Adriano on the scoresheet for his side. A point though effectively ends our late charge to the playoffs, we now can only hope to finish as high as possible, a top ten would be satisfactory for the season we have slogged through.

Forest Green agreed a swift deal with Crewe to send Gabriel APPELT to the railwaymen for a fee of 2.5M. Both parties were reported to be very happy with the deal.

Several other fringe players have been shown the door as the season draws to a close, with more expected to follow in an attempt to cut the wage bill and generate a sizable transfer kitty.