• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Div 2

LEEDS 3 NEWCASTLE 1

Leeds put a dent in another top club's promotion hopes by seeing off Newcastle in a fairly comfortable win.

The Magpies could have guaranteed a playoff berth with a victory - and fielded a strong side in their trademark 3-5-2 formation.

Leeds also played 3-5-2 and struck first through Morgan Amalfitano after 23 minutes from a Falcao assist.

Edison Cavani equalised for Newcastle 5 minutes later, but Falcao struck his 24th league goal of the season after 41 minutes to restore the lead for the Whites by half time.

picture.php?pictureid=3210&albumid=453&dl=1371415761&thumb=1

Falcao - on target again

Grosskreutz headed in an Afellay free kick early in the second half and Leeds coasted to the final whistle to win 3-1.

picture.php?pictureid=3359&albumid=453&dl=1371504081&thumb=1

Grosskreutz - Man of the Match

The Leeds manager, The Butcher of Montevideo, assessed the effect that this result could have on the final promotion places

We were given a tough set of fixtures for our run-in, so I'm very glad we got promotion in the bag before we faced teams like Fulham and Newcastle.

They came here to win and there was not much between us when you look at the stats.

The playoff battle is really tight - and now Newcastle only hold a 1 point advantage over Middlesbro in 7th, so they could have done without this defeat.

We finish our campaign at home against 4th placed MK Dons. They've got quite an attack - and have 93 goals this season - which is the second best in the division.

However, they've also let in 93 - so we're probably the last team they wanted to face on the last day of the season.

Dons will know that should they lose to us then it's quite possible that they will fall out of the playoff positions .

It must be "squeaky bum time" in the city of the concrete cows and roundabouts.

Sorry to see Wigan relegated - but well done to Birmingham who came back from a terrible situation a few rounds ago to stay in div 2 with a game to spare.

picture.php?albumid=449&pictureid=3265

Morecambe secure promotion

150px-Morecambe_FC.gif

Morecambe put their weekend's poor performance at relegated Oxford behind them to secure a 2 - 0 win at home to Cheltenham tonight to finally secure them promotion.

Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Cheltenham Town.

Morecambe beat Cheltenham Town 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Nordfeldt had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Gabbiadini was on the scoresheet for his side.

Had Morecambe mixed the team up a bit more against Oxford, we could have well won the game and could be sitting 1st in the league after York City again tonight failed to secure a single point. We sit in 2nd place only 2 points behind York City with a game to go.

289538155.jpg

Morecambe players celebrate after the final whistle

Over the moon with Morecambe's achievements this season. When I took over back on the 24th Feb, I never thought promotion could happen so soon. Signed some good talented players and we hit a decent form in last few months. We started believing that maybe it could happen this season and that gave us the confidence we needed for the final push. Not being greedy but I would love to grab that 1st place spot come Wednesday, who wouldn't? We do have a difficult game against Bury but also need already relegated Dagenham to pull a shocker out of the hat and beat York City.

Congratulations to all the other teams across the setup who have also achieved promotion and made the playoffs.

Big Congratulations to Man Utd for winning the title, always nice to see United win it.

Wrexham 1-5 Hull City

Another excellent win, I'm just extremely disappointed that we had a spell of only getting 3 points from 10 games, as it's because of that run that we aren't contesting for a play-off spot.

Next season will be my season (hopefully)

Anyways, 1 game left against a resurging Birmingham, would love to finish the season off nicely.

Morecambe secure promotion

150px-Morecambe_FC.gif

Morecambe put their weekend's poor performance at relegated Oxford behind them to secure a 2 - 0 win at home to Cheltenham tonight to finally secure them promotion.

Had Morecambe mixed the team up a bit more against Oxford' date=' we could have well won the game and could be sitting 1st in the league after York City again tonight failed to secure a single point. We sit in 2nd place only 2 points behind York City with a game to go.

[img']http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/webimage/1.4854381.1345560147!image/289538155.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/289538155.jpg[/img]

Morecambe players celebrate after the final whistle

Congratulations to all the other teams across the setup who have also achieved promotion and made the playoffs.

Big Congratulations to Man Utd for winning the title, always nice to see United win it.

My pleasure..... slowly finding my feet with this team..........

Chris Share steered Hartlepool United to victory against York City.

Hartlepool United beat York City 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Long scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ilicic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Stevenage 1 Rushden 6!!

Rushden's end of season goalfest continues with another surprising 6 goal away win. But that wasn't the biggest surprise of the evening...

Welcome to Rushden...Lucas Mendes!!!!

Bit of an unexpected coup this signing. Lots of teams interested and didn't think my bid was going to win but am very happy to have him!

Great win for FGR over Reading tonight, puts us 9th with now 8th position being the maximum we can finish.

Had 5000 fans in the ground tonight, hopefully can sustain those numbers next season, every ticket sold counts!

Matias Suarez grabbed a couple plus the reliable Burak Yilmaz notching too.

Yilmaz will sit out the final game after his 5th yellow card.

Alberto Moreno becomes the 3rd LB to suffer the injury curse! You couldnt make it up! Now have no Left backs left in the squad!

Transfer News

I see Spurs have tabled a £150m "open" bid for Lars Bender of West Ham.

Has Harry Redknapp rejoined the club...? Seems a bit fast and loose with the purse strings

How s that even possible?

My top bid is 23million as Sunderland lol:D

;2625161']Great win for FGR over Reading tonight' date=' puts us 9th with now 8th position being the maximum we can finish.

Had 5000 fans in the ground tonight, hopefully can sustain those numbers next season, every ticket sold counts!

Matias Suarez grabbed a couple plus the reliable Burak Yilmaz notching too.

Yilmaz will sit out the final game after his 5th yellow card.

Alberto Moreno becomes the 3rd LB to suffer the injury curse! You couldnt make it up! Now have no Left backs left in the squad![/quote']

Was gonna see if i could do a deal with one of my spare LB's - then i noticed you have 5 decent ones out on loan! ;):)

HEREFORD drew 2-2 at Gillingham to secure a top half finish.

currently 9th, we would like to improve on last season's 9th place finish but with a trip to west ham in our last game, we expect to drop a place or two.

Was gonna see if i could do a deal with one of my spare LB's - then i noticed you have 5 decent ones out on loan! ;):)

haha thanks Ed for the thought tho.

they stay out on loan tho, im a man of his word ;)

i have made an offer to Leeds for a one match emergency loan for an 84 they have...if not, il just play a CB there.

;2625602']haha thanks Ed for the thought tho.

they stay out on loan tho' date=' im a man of his word ;)

i have made an offer to Leeds for a one match emergency loan for an 84 they have...if not, il just play a CB there.[/quote']

if short hatlepool have a lb if you need a loan!