• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

as well as he relegation battle in division one, division three is just as wide open as to who is going to claim second spot and which teams are actually going to make it into the playoff places, some huge scorelines in some games could totally knock the current standings on its head with atleast three teams challenging for a possible spot in both of the afore mentioned positions

current table

zrc5.jpg

now probably as important as the real table is the current form of these clubs involved in this last day of madness

(key: red = 2nd place purple = playoff)

iwni.jpg

and here's the key fixtures taking place on the last day

o4i3.jpg

Div 2 - The Battle for the Playoffs

Continuing the theme started in Divs 1 and 3 - there is nothing out there as close as the battle for the playoff slots in Div 2

1. Leeds

2. West Ham

--------------

3. Fulham 76 pts

4. MK Dons 72 pts (GD 0)

5. Norwich 71 pts (+15)

6. Newcastle 70 pts (+24)

7. Middlesbro 69 pts (+18)

8. Burnley 69 pts (0)

Fulham are guaranteed a place in the end of season shoot out - but then it's really up for grabs

Leeds v MK Dons

Bristol City v Norwich

Newcastle v Swansea

Middlesbro v Bolton

Leicester v Burnley

Home/away form likely to count for little as virtually any outcome is possible.

• MK Dons have the firepower to win at Leeds - but a rubbish defence
  • Bristol City are unmanaged - but will that help Norwich?
  • Swansea are the worst form team in the division - but maybe they can raise their game against Newcastle
  • Boro v Bolton (12th) - two decent sides - could go either way
  • Leicester are bottom but haven't played badly at times.

You'd have to say that Newcastle and Burnley look most likely to pick up maximum points - which means that Norwich, MK Dons and Boro can't afford to do anything other than play flat out for the win.

It's a coin-toss

Hey guys' date=' i am Aldershot Town. I currently i am low on funds and need some valuable players. Anyone have some good players to leave out on a loan?[/quote']

Give it a week or so, and people will be recalling from loans.

Swansea went from promotion battlers to relegation fighters in the blink of an eye! :eek:

Never were relegation battlers!

Man City 3-2 Arsenal

Xabi Alonso gave Arsenal an early lead at the Etihad, five minutes later Kiessling made it which made it 4-2 on agg, Shinji Kagawa scored before half time though for City and Mario Balotelli put us level, later we were reduced to 10 men.

SHAWCROSS puts a mistimed challenge on RAMSEY.

Red Card Red Card - The referee gives SHAWCROSS a second yellow and sends him off!:o

Substitute Sergio Aguero got us the winner which made it 3-2 on the night and 7-2 on agg, us v championship side Chelsea in the champions league final, my assistant will be in charge but I have faith in him against them.

Away to Blackpool tomorrow in the final league game of the season. :)

Man City 3-2 Arsenal

Xabi Alonso gave Arsenal an early lead at the Etihad' date=' five minutes later Kiessling made it which made it 4-2 on agg, Shinji Kagawa scored before half time though for City and Mario Balotelli put us level, later we were reduced to 10 men.

Substitute Sergio Aguero got us the winner which made it 3-2 on the night and 7-2 on agg, us v championship side Chelsea in the champions league final, my assistant will be in charge but I have faith in him against them.

Away to Blackpool tomorrow in the final league game of the season. :)

[/center']

Well done fella! Done me proper over the two legs to earn a deserved place in the final.

Naturally i hope you go the whole way, good luck in the final.

Blackpool reach Europa League Final

Blackpool have reached the Europa League final after a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace, winning the tie 4-2 on aggregate. Palace scored the first goal of thee night through Mkhitaryan in the 28th minute against the run of play. They then levelled the tie through Emik Lamela in the second-half, cancelling Blackpools two away goals in the first leg.

Palace keeper Julio Cesar was having the game of his life, stopping all of Blackpools attempts on goal and winning the MOM award. The Brazilian was finally beaten just before the hour through skipper Carlos Tevez. With Palace searching for a third goal late on, Blackpool hit them on the break and sealed the victory in the 88th minute after Marchisio scored his third goal in the competition.

"The lads showed great spirit after being pegged back to 2-2. We were dominating possesion and feel very unlucky to concede two sloppy goals. I promised fans a trophy this season, and we have a great chance to deliver that against Sheffield United in the final".

-Marc Spicer.

Face Man City tomorrow. Majority of the team will be rested for the final, meaning Carlos Tevez will not have the chance to face his former club again.

Alan Dzageov has confirmed he is looking for a new club.

I came here to be part of a side to get promoted to the Premier League. The team as a whole didn't perform. I do not want to wait another season to play in the top division. I guess if I did get offered a huge wage I could go elsewhere!

I am seeking a new club, regardless of whether Captain Jordi Alba will leave. My transfer ban ends in just over a week. Contact manager I guess if you fancy me in your teams. Sooner the better before start of next season.

Chelsea 1 (1) - (0) 0 Sunderland

Higuain scored the only goal of the game to give Chelsea the chance to finish their season on a high.

FÀBREGAS shows some clever footwork to keep hold of the ball.

He plays a slide rule pass to HIGUAÍN.

HIGUAÍN tries to slot one under the keeper.

GOAL!! - The keeper has no chance as the ball rolls past him into the net.

Fabregas the architect who is now at the heart of the Chelsea engine room which has been reshaped in recent weeks. Overall Sunderland struggled to break Chelsea down, and the blues deserved to win the match 1-0 on the night and on aggregate.

This result lines up a tasty match for the neutrals with Manchester City making it through to the final at the Stade Olympico as well. The managers of both teams have been at loggerheads for the majority of the season and they would love to get one over on each other and claim the champions league in the final game of the season.

The managers of both teams have been at loggerheads for the majority of the season and they would love to get one over on each other and claim the champions league in the final game of the season.

My assistant will be in charge for the match so unfortunately I wont be setting the tactics' date=' you should win, plus you have a higher rated team, then again that dosent really mean anything when you look at our positions in the league table.

On Gold -2 atm, It should run out soon.

Well done fella! Done me proper over the two legs to earn a deserved place in the final.

Naturally i hope you go the whole way, good luck in the final.

When you went 0-2 up last night in the first 10 minutes I was worried. :P

Thanks.

My assistant will be in charge for the match so unfortunately I wont be setting the tactics' date=' you should win, plus you have a higher rated team, then again that dosent really mean anything when you look at our positions in the league table.

On Gold -2 atm, It should run out soon.

When you went 0-2 up last night in the first 10 minutes I was worried. :P

Thanks.[/quote']

Shame you wont be there to see the fireworks :D

Hmm well you should know the meaning of that more than any.

I will give you a "wave" in the stands next week ;)

Haha, you do that but Ill be at home nice and warm. :P

Might actually come watch some of your games next season, heard the ticket prices are dropping, Charlton will be in town. :D

We will see what happens Tuesday, will be a right laugh if my assistant beats you. :L

wanted ulreich badly but went into debt for the first time since i took over and have not been able to get any external bids on the transfers listed players despite re-listing a couple of times which is really frustrating.

Nothing left for me to play for this season now, i suppose a minimum 7th place in my first full season is respectable considering the situation when i took over before last seasons relegation.

think with the whole debt problem again and not having achieved a play off spot this season i am going to take a new approach to the team to get the finances sorted. At the end of the season i will look to sell most of my players except for the a few higher rated ones and look to bring in some golden oldies for similar ratings but a lot more financially beneficial as i could probably pick up 2 87+ players over the age of 30 for the price of 1 under 30.

Its worth the risk as we can't be relegated so im more than willing to give it a try :)

Hoping we can get a decent game going next season in 7777, since Ryans super 5/6 we havent really had one, well weve had the prediction game but it hasnt really been as good.

This season though quite a few forumers have come in/back like Shareflair, Hyina, Duffman etc so hopefully there will be more entering and if we do it once a week rather than twice it gives people longer enter.

Once Ive done the results tonight for the final round then if youve got any suggestions we can all discuss on the thread maybe.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=128199

Feel free enter for the final round if you want to for tonight, if not then subscribe to it lads. :)

wanted ulreich badly but went into debt for the first time since i took over and have not been able to get any external bids on the transfers listed players despite re-listing a couple of times which is really frustrating.

Nothing left for me to play for this season now' date=' i suppose a minimum 7th place in my first full season is respectable considering the situation when i took over before last seasons relegation.

think with the whole debt problem again and not having achieved a play off spot this season i am going to take a new approach to the team to get the finances sorted. At the end of the season i will look to sell most of my players except for the a few higher rated ones and look to bring in some golden oldies for similar ratings but a lot more financially beneficial as i could probably pick up 2 87+ players over the age of 30 for the price of 1 under 30.

Its worth the risk as we can't be relegated so im more than willing to give it a try :)[/font']

its very tricky to deal with, its taken me 2/3 seasons to start finally have a cash reserve, constantly buying selling and picking up risers along the way.

you should get some nice cash in for some of your squad, some good players there.