• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

The chairman and fans expect a long and successful era under your guidance!

Arsenal were founded in 1886 and play their home games at Emirates Stadium in London.

Hello everyone. :D

thank you so much Rick!

Hello everyone. :D

thank you so much Rick!

i thought it had been decided huddersfield was going to get the arsenal job?

when did the change happen?

ahh ok just read the news feed......

still though' date=' i mean i personally didn't think the way the arsenal job was being moved on was right but saying that everyone else seemed to be happy enough to let hudd's manager take it so to me kinda bad someone else has jumped in there now

[/font']

i dont know what everyone's thoughts will be or what the solution is.

i thought i would put this on here in case there are any misunderstandings.

10 names went to Ed, 1 who isnt in the set up but has over 150 games from 2 previous clubs. the other 9 had at least 50 games under their belt, 3 of which were original managers.

one didnt make the list as he only had 20 games in the set up and by then we already had the 10 names mentioned.

3 or 4 asked about the job that had no connection with 7777 and once it became clear who else was applying, i mentioned that they were not on the shortlist because of this.

kevin would have been no. 12 on the list if i had to put them in order.

Mario was chosen yesterday (but didnt know it) but because he wasnt online near the time, i arranged with histon to give me the offer on another account and this is when the offer never appeared again and a new account took it.

he kindly understood and resigned, rick then had it and rick and mario were given a message to contact each other and try to make the necessary arrangements.

i dont want to fall out with anybody or start petty arguements, the whole point of my original suggestion was based on the person with the offer could offer it to whoever they want to but its probably 18 months since i have had a job offer so i dont know if that option changed.

whatever happens, can the arsenal manager please remember that Steve at Histon took a lot of time to try and do the right thing for the set up, a few loans and some over the top buys might help him out.

Tomorrow night sees the start of this season's World Cup Finals and so if there are any Gold Managers out there that fancy picking up a team then it's not too late. There are already several managed teams so it should be a good tournament.

This season the host country is Japan, who ironically failed to qualify for their own tournament after finishing bottom of their qualifying group. England also narrowly failed to qualify after losing 1-0 at home to Bulgaria (just mentioned them because I am English)...

Looking at the Groups all the Managed teams look to have a great chance of reaching the knockout stages, except for Group H - the group of Death -which contains my Russia, Wales, favourites Spain and a strong looking Chile,,, so at least one managed team is destined for an early departure.

Previous winners, Germany, narrowly made it through the qualifying round well behind group winners the Ivory Coast, but the smart money would be on them to do well.

Top scorers going into the tournament are Sergio Ageuro & Karim Benzema. Argentina & France will be hoping they can carry that form into the finals.

As for Russia,,, well I had to leave 4 players in Moscow because of injury and my LB is out for the first game against Chile due to suspension. Plus the squad took a hammering with the ratings during the last couple of months,, Pavlychenko, Arshavin, Berezutsky, Zyryanov & Anyukov all taking a hit...

I'm not bothering to take a suitcase,, I think carry-on will be enough as I don't expect to be there for long.. :mad:

Great handling of the whole Arsenal situation. I'm referring to Kevin and especially Rick as he clearly knew I was supposed to get the job and he could have offered it to me. As I have said before, I'm considering my future in this setup. Will make a decision today.

Great handling of the whole Arsenal situation. I'm referring to Kevin and especially Rick as he clearly knew I was supposed to get the job and he could have offered it to me. As I have said before' date=' I'm considering my future in this setup. Will make a decision today.[/quote']

It's harsh to you i agree. Kevin and Rick are quality manager but seeing how much smut and Ed works to decide who'll be given the job and then immediately Rick have the job offer,i find it so frustrating

I dont think we should lose sight of the fact that everyone simply wants what is right for the GW and I think Pip will do a superb job.

The only downside is that both Rick and Pip understood what we were trying to do and there was like 12 people or so all involved in trying to make that happen. Heck, I aint even in EC7777 so it must be more annoying for those that are that the work gone in has simply been chucked aside.

That said, I do hope Pip can take Arsenal on to bigger and better things than I could and I hope he is a real asset to the GW.

Good luck Pip - commiserations to those that missed out in such a way, especially Mario.

What a farce in the end.

So what happens if Mario quits now? awful shame to lose a long term manager like that.

Kev, you should do the honorable thing and offer him the job and take up his post at Huddersfield or take the WBA job.

ZAPATA SIGNS FOR SOUTHAMPTON!

10538.jpg

Zapata feels Southampton are promising side

Leeds and Southampton struck a deal late last night to bring Cristian Zapata to Southampton, which demolishes their current transfer record, beating the £10m for Tom Huddlestone paid in Season 1 :o

This means that Southampton now have a very promising team, with only Joel Campbell due a rise below 88. When he does rise, they have a solid 89 rated first XI, with the likes of Adam Lallana, Ross Barkley, Morgan Schniederlin and Aymeric Laporte on the bench.

Hopefully this signing is the catalyst, we solved our issue in our team, Jenkinson has no worries about going into the B-team as he knows that I play them, and will still get game time. Very excited to see if Mignolet develops at a faster rate because of this and other reasons.

Mignolet

Rafael - Tasci - Zapata - Mangala

Biglia - Wilshere

Dzageov - Honda © - Campbell

Giroud

_____

Gazzaniga

Jenkinson - Stephens - Laporte - Ruiz

Frimpong - Schniederlin

Hughes - Barkley - Lallana ©

Vellios

Two new players at Bolton :D! Howedes has joined from Manchester City in a swap deal for Chibsah and Paulinho. Paulinho looks set to move to Spurs but Howedes is a top defender and Defenders are much more valuable than CM IMO. Fair deal for both sides as it helps both our squads.

Christian Benteke has also signed from Altrincham. The deal is Kondogbia + Hajrovic for Benteke, again a fair deal for both sides

:)

Two new players at Bolton :D! Howedes has joined from Manchester City in a swap deal for Chibsah and Paulinho. Paulinho looks set to move to Spurs but Howedes is a top defender and Defenders are much more valuable than CM IMO. Fair deal for both sides as it helps both our squads.

Christian Benteke has also signed from Altrincham. The deal is Kondogbia + Hajrovic for Benteke' date=' again a fair deal for both sides

:)[/quote']

Paulinho was good enough on himself, should of stuck to your guns...

Christian Benteke has also signed from Altrincham. The deal is Kondogbia + Hajrovic for Benteke' date=' again a fair deal for both sides

:)[/quote']

Paulinho alone is > Howedes mate :P

I hear the Darlington job is on offer to a chap called Mark Hughes thats not on the forum.

its a job I would very much like to take so if anyone can give me a heads up when/if they come free I would really appreciate it.

I went through the list of Mark Hughes in game to try and locate him but by the time I looked at the 50th guy with a derivative of that name i wanted to claw my eyes out so had to give up - theres like 40 pages of them or something.

Anyway, a heads up would be lovely.

Cheers

Ed

I hear the Darlington job is on offer to a chap called Mark Hughes thats not on the forum.

its a job I would very much like to take so if anyone can give me a heads up when/if they come free I would really appreciate it.

I went through the list of Mark Hughes in game to try and locate him but by the time I looked at the 50th guy with a derivative of that name i wanted to claw my eyes out so had to give up - theres like 40 pages of them or something.

Anyway' date=' a heads up would be lovely.

Cheers

Ed[/quote']

My huddersfield will soon be available too mate if nothing changes. Decent squad, not much depth tho.

One problem I have with Kevin and this setup is that he just gets bored and quits it after a while only to come back 6 months later or so :rolleyes:

Has happened with Mansfield and with Swansea too. No terrific jobs were done on either If I'm being fair

We will soon see hopefully he doing the right thing, if not then I think no one will want nout to do with him :rolleyes: