English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Bonfim DANTE has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from Brentford for 4,095,000 plus Jérémy TOULALAN and Jonathan VERVOORT

Very happy to get Dante in. It's still a pretty fair deal though. Dante will rise to 92 yes but Toulalan is rock solid and had a good season and he's been linked to Atletico Madrid, manager wanted cash so he gets a decent amount of cash and Vervoort is talented.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Very happy to get Dante in. It's still a pretty fair deal though. Dante will rise to 92 yes but Toulalan is rock solid and had a good season and he's been linked to Atletico Madrid' date=' manager wanted cash so he gets a decent amount of cash and Vervoort is talented.[/quote']

raiding the noobs....:rolleyes:

only joking - obv needed what you offered cash & players...

Manager of the Season awards

The Results

It is now past midnight. Nineteen managers from the Football league managers Association have voted who they believe is the overall manager of Season 5. I have used a similar style to UEFA's voting system, where managers voted for there top three managers. There first choice awarded three points, second choice two points, and the third choice recieved one point.

From the nineteen managers who voted, they all had a vareity of different choices. Eight managers were voted as a first choice, it was a very close poll. Here are the top 5 managers of the season, as voted by you.

5th. Sala Diouf (Middlesbrough)

Sala ended up with seven points. Middlesbrough have had a fantastic season after last seasons dissapointing Division 2 play-off defeat. This season they went one better and won the play-off final and are now back in the big league. A great achievement, and his voters acknowledged and appreicated his dedication to sticking with Boro.

MaoaM - Really like to see that there manager has stuck with his team. Lost the play-off final last season, but made up for it this season. Look forward to facing them next season
Allen Turing - Consistency over a few seasons finally paying off with the play-off win. Very strong work with a small squad.

4th. Johan Alberts - (Fleetwood Town)

Johan ended the poll with fourteen points. Fleetwood had a brilliant season in Division 5, being crowned champions with a huge 103 points, aswell as reaching the cup quarter final. No team in the setup won more league games than Fleetwood, with 31 wins from 46 games.

Chriss Hogg - winners of division 5 with a cracking points total(103) in a difficult league to get out of.
MaoaM - Destroyed division 5, which is probably the hardest division to get out of.
Adrian B - Won division 5 with 100+ points

3rd. Miguel Torres (Exeter)

Like Fleetwood, Exeter ended up with fourteen points. However they were voted as a first choice more times, so that is why Miguel has finished in third place. Exeter caused one of the biggest shocks since the setup began, by winning the English Cup which is a remarkable achievement for a division 4 team. Espeically beating a very good Leeds in the final, and some big Premiership teams such as West Brom and Aston Villa. Exeter didnt let there cup success distract them in the league, and managed to reach the play-offs, unfortunately losing in the semi-final to Bury.

Allen Turing - Won the cup from Division 4 and still maintained a play-off position.
MaoaM - I think they have done a great job to win the cup from Division 4. To have a strong league season too is a very good achievement.
Adian B - won the cup from division 4 and got a top 6 finish

2nd. MaoaM (Blackpool)

I'll try to keep this one short :P MaoaM ended the voting with seventeen points, and was first choice the most times out of the votes. Blackpool had a very strong league campaign, finishing second in the premiership and qualifying for next seasons Champions League. Blackpool reached the Europa League final, but lost to Sheffield United on penalties.

Reice - You have done well to finish second in a very competitive gameworld.

And your winner of the football leagues managers manager of the season is.....

The Butcher of Montevideo (Leeds)

The Butcher won with a total of twenty points. Leeds dominated Division two for the whole season, a division which many managers believe to be the most competitive. Elland Road was the place to be for goals, with Leeds scoring more league goals than any other team in the setup (119 in total). Leeds fantastic promotion coincided with a great run in the English cup. They reached the final, beating Premiership side Everton along the way. However they lost the final to Exeter. That cant overshadow such a great campaign, and The Butcher was in the top three voted from the majority of voters.

Shareflair - Won 2nd division by 13 points and runner-up in cup

(I wish I had more quotes, not many managers gave reasons though :()

I want to thank all of the managers who took the time to vote, and hope peopl enjoy the read. Put quite a bit of effort into it, as this is without a doubt my favorite setup :)

Manager of the Season awards

The Results

It is now past midnight. Nineteen managers from the Football league managers Association have voted who they believe is the overall manager of Season 5. I have used a similar style to UEFA's voting system' date=' where managers voted for there top three managers. There first choice awarded three points, second choice two points, and the third choice recieved one point.

From the nineteen managers who voted, they all had a vareity of different choices. Eight managers were voted as a first choice, it was a very close poll. Here are the top 5 managers of the season, as voted by you.

[/quote']

Very good work mate.All deserved people in my eyes.

That's a hell of an honour to be given - and, frankly, I am stunned and humbled by such an accolade.

Will definitely have a pint of creme de menthe and a tequila chaser to celebrate.

Thanks to everyone who put me on their nomination list.

I thought there were some outstanding achievements in all divisions - not least of all in Div 1 which sometimes gets overlooked because of the stellar lineups, but you still have to be good to win it.

I'll probably bankrupt Leeds again and plummet like a stone now that I've had a bit of recognition - but for the moment I'd just like to say thanks and good luck to you all in the best community GW that I'm involved in....

I can post which managers voted for who tomorrow, if people would like to see that. I left it out as I thought people would want some confientiality :P Although I think it might be nice, as there was alot of team that got a vote of some kind, which im sure people will like to see for themselves

If people would like to see it let me know and ill post it either tomorrow or Monday :)

tonight's international report

Dan James steered Uruguay to victory against Ecuador.

Uruguay beat Ecuador 6 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Group G encounter.

Cavani scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lugano and Suárez were also amongst the goalscorers.

after all that i go and draw the strongest possible opponents in spain, as they finished second in there group behind wales:eek:

I can post which managers voted for who tomorrow' date=' if people would like to see that. I left it out as I thought people would want some confientiality :P Although I think it might be nice, as there was alot of team that got a vote of some kind, which im sure people will like to see for themselves

If people would like to see it let me know and ill post it either tomorrow or Monday :)[/quote']

Yeh do it mate,this gameworld needs some positivity for a change:)

Russia slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Wales in their SMFA World Cup Group H fixture

Meh,,, I was getting bored with this World Cup anyway....

Congratulations to Wales who beat the Kremlin & won the Group. Germany were lucky,,, just to prove that SM can be close to real life (well,,, almost). A lot of managed teams went out in the first round though,, not what I expected...

On a domestic front we beat Chelsea's starlets 3-2 at Stamford Bridge in a friendly last night with my 78 GK getting MOTM. So I hope that gives encouragement for the other Division 2 teams next season...

Swindon Town F.C. Transfer News

Players In:-

Denis Terentjev - £360,000 - RB currently on loan from Zenit to newly promoted Tomsk. So hopefully he should see some RPL action before they get relegated again.

Selim Ay - £1.7m - Regular first team CB for Konyaspor, who also just got promoted to the Turkish PL via the play-offs. Hopefully will get a rise if he still gets his regular place in the team.

Roy Beerens - £5.1m - Solid RM/Winger for Dutch club AZ. Signed him because he will give us more attacking options, particularly with the new tactics I intend to employ next season.

Players Out: -

Taras Burlak - Sold him back to Lokomotiv Moscow for £7.4m and made a nice profit for a bench player.

Sebastian Rudy - £9m to Bournemouth. Sold him as part of the Beerens plan as Rudy does not provide the attacking ability that I think the Dutchman can.

i found a lawyer last night, although found it strange that his office turned out to be his bedsit.

turns out i was never in with a chance of the liverpool job, i was being interviewed for ' kit man'.

as the money was better than i am on at the moment, i did consider it but i think i'll have to head off home to Hereford, i'd miss them too much to be honest.

p.s.

where is the arsenal boy? when posts need deleting.

had a chat with the arsenal boy this morning,

asked him to leave within 1 hour, WHY was the reply.

he was told he knew why and that he had someone else's job, how could he have someone else's job ? was the reply.

he also mentioned that he would prove he would be a good manager of arsenal, my reply was that that wasnt the problem, the problem was the type of person he has shown himself to be and he isnt wanted in 7777.

i also mentioned i would report every internal deal and will over time, let other forumers know what type of person they are dealing with, he replied, dont threaten me???

so everyone knows, i wont be happy until he leaves 7777 and i dont care how retarded he is, he needs to leave.

I can post which managers voted for who tomorrow' date=' if people would like to see that. I left it out as I thought people would want some confientiality :P Although I think it might be nice, as there was alot of team that got a vote of some kind, which im sure people will like to see for themselves

If people would like to see it let me know and ill post it either tomorrow or Monday :)[/quote']

That would be great to see.... you done an awesome job... thanks for using my quote also!!!

had a chat with the arsenal boy this morning' date='

asked him to leave within 1 hour, WHY was the reply.

he was told he knew why and that he had someone else's job, how could he have someone else's job ? was the reply.

he also mentioned that he would prove he would be a good manager of arsenal, my reply was that that wasnt the problem, the problem was the type of person he has shown himself to be and he isnt wanted in 7777.

i also mentioned i would report every internal deal and will over time, let other forumers know what type of person they are dealing with, he replied, dont threaten me???

so everyone knows, i wont be happy until he leaves 7777 and i dont care how retarded he is, he needs to leave.[/quote']

Its your call man but i think you should let it go. Let him get on with it mate. If you do thr things you say you will i think that reflects badly on 7777.

Dont get me wrong, the work you put in here is exceptional, your a top man and the GW is so fortunate to have you as one of the leading figures.

However, SM is first and foremost an open and free game, in public and open EC you can only help guide jobs, ultimately you cannot decide who is or isnt suitable.

Not sticking up for him, he's bang out of order. Im more concerned that you are starting to look like a bully - i know your not.

Let him either do well or dig his own hole - it will clearly be ine or the other.

Its up to you mate, but i think we should move on now

I think West Brom may be free.... Sorry I've not been on guys... been working away, forgot to set holiday mode, lost the blinkin playoff final due to NMF and players out of position, and just rejected the West Brom job without reading on here first.

DOH

Its your call man but i think you should let it go. Let him get on with it mate. If you do thr things you say you will i think that reflects badly on 7777.

Dont get me wrong' date=' the work you put in here is exceptional, your a top man and the GW is so fortunate to have you as one of the leading figures.

However, SM is first and foremost an open and free game, in public and open EC you can only help guide jobs, ultimately you cannot decide who is or isnt suitable.

Not sticking up for him, he's bang out of order. Im more concerned that you are starting to look like a bully - i know your not.

Let him either do well or dig his own hole - it will clearly be ine or the other.

Its up to you mate, but i think we should move on now[/quote']

well said.