English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Another good result for my Carlisle. A 1 - 1 draw against Watford moves us up to an unexpected third at this early stage.

The mix of veterans and lowly rated youths seems to be actually working alright for me. Although, there really is a defensive crisis going on and I can't really obtain the money to properly fix it.

(Hint, hint, if anyone's got someone they'd be willing to loan out in that particular position. It would help a lot!)

Lukaku has the most number of goals in Div 1 yet we are just 1 place above relegation zone :eek:

Lost 2-3 to Plymouth

Div 1 is much much tougher than Div 2...

Next up... My old pal Leeds ;)

I wish it were under better circumstances - we're down there too after another 2-3 defeat.

Hello' date=' I am quite interested in joining this setup, if there is anyone who has an offer that they don't intend on taking the job of, could you please message me as I am really interesting in taking a club as I love how active this setup is.

Thanks. :)[/quote']

Hi, send me a friend request - my in-game name is Hancock (Forum) and then if a club comes free I'll offer it to you.

:)

Noisy (Forum) steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against Grimsby Town.

Crewe Alexandra outclassed Grimsby Town and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 4 fixture.

Muriel scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cuadrado and Emeghara were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another win for Crewe keeps our unbeaten start to the season going with 4 wins and 2 draws from the first 6 games.

The win moves us 2 points clear at the top but its still very early days and nobody is getting carried away.

Although it seems we have a good first team and a good second team which will be vital in the slog for promotion.

Next : Torquay (H)

Div 2

Milton Keynes 4-6 Charlton

In a thrilling encounter, Charlton Athletic outclassed Milton Keynes Dons and beat them 6 - 4.

MK opened the scoring through Kozak who later earned himself a hattrick. 3 goals came next from Aurelio, Barnetta, and Gamberini. Next, Choupo-Moting pulled one back for the home team before Charlton scored 2 more goals from Dos Santos and Pocognoli making it 5-2 at half time.

Then in the 2nd half the comeback for MK started when Kozak got 2 more goals to complete his hattrick. Both teams ended up with 10 men when Choupo-Moting got sent off for taking the legs of Bacinovic and then Barnetta brought down Golasa earning him a second yellow card.

On the 77th minute Kozak thought he had completed the comeback when he slotted home a pass from Roderick but it was deemed offside. 7 mins later Charlton took it back out of the reach of MK when Rojo scored the sixth goal for Charlton and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

We have started the season well so far with 4 wins, one defeat, and a draw, putting us upto 5th in the division.

Ben-SCFC (Forum) earned a draw with Manchester City against Blackpool.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Manchester City and Blackpool in their Division 1 fixture.

Touré was on the scoresheet for his side.

Draw against Blackpool, never a bad result, Robin Van Persie got a 5-6 week injury though.

Draw against Blackpool' date=' never a bad result, Robin Van Persie got a 5-6 week injury though.[/quote']

First we injured Lewandowski, now RvP. Wrap your strikers up in cotton wool lads when facing Boscielny :P

Tonight Blackpool host Southampton in a little friendly rivalry. Many Blackpool fans are excited about the return of Keisuke Honda, the Japan star spent 2 and a half seasons at Bloomfield Road and was a fan favorite :)

Darlington beat Burton Albion 2-1. Angoua scoring both the goals for Darlington. The black and white's have now moved up to 2nd place. 6 points behind leaders Barrow AFC.

Good win man.

Cant believe that i've a 6 pt lead at the top but by gum i'll take it. Form is nowt short of superb at the min with 6 straight wins from the first 6 games but theres a long old way to go yet.

Blackpool 3-3 Southampton

Over 26,000 fans turned out at Bloomfield Road to watch the friendly between Blackpool and Southampton, with the home fans eager to see the return of Keisuke Honda.

Both teams gave some of there squad players a run out, and also gave Blackpool a chance to try some different tactics.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Chico (88) Koscielny (90) Miquel (80)

Eto'o (92) Romulo (87) Tevez (93)

Walcott (91)---Vela (89)---Nani (92)

Blackpool took an early lead through Chico, but didnt last long when Campbell equalised. Carlos Vela restored the lead for Blackpool, Campbell completed his brace to make it 2-2 at the break. At the start of the second half the fans lifted the roof off the stadium, as Honda came on from the subsitutes bench. Carlos Tevez scored the third goal for Blackpool, Adam Lallana with a late equaliser for the Saints.

"It was great to play against a good friend. We tried a new formation and some squad players and I am pleased with the results. I was as happy as the fans to see Honda return to the stadium, he was a magnificent player for this club and was one of the reasons we won the Champions League. The club hope we can do this again in the future!"

-Marc Spicer

Team of the Round

Round 4

Hey guys, Here is the team of the round for the games played on Wednesday 17th July.

Costil

(Brighton)

Sakai-Carlos-Zapata-Mantaovani

(Bury)-(Crawley)-(Saints)-(Wrexham)

Delgado---Totti---Fenech--Faizulin---

(Bath)-(Oldham)-(Hayes)-(Plymouth)

Dzeko---Pogrebnyak

(Everton)-(Bradford)--

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

There was alot of strikers who did well in this round, which made it tough to pick two. Kozak of MK Dons didn't make the 11, but feel he deserves a mention for his hat-trick against Charlton.

In third place is Edin Dzeko of Everton. The Bosnia International scored his first goals in the league this season, scoring a stunning hat-trick in a 4-3 win over Crystal Palace. He has started the season slowly, but more performances like this could see him surpass his tally of 20 goals last season.

In second is Cesar Delgado of Bath City. The Argentine is having his second spell at the club, and like Dzeko also opened his account for the season. The winger scored a brace, but more importantly created three goals for his team-mates, as Bath ran out 6-3 winners against Wigan Athletic.

Just pipping Cesar into for the Player of the Round is former Italy International

and Italian Icon, Francesco Totti.

re9s.jpg

Totti only joined Oldham on Monday, and made his debut in Wednesdays game against Mansfield. The 36 year old may now have the pace of others, but adds huge experience for the Division 5 side. Totti made the perfect debut by playing a part in all five goals Oldham scored. He created three, aswell as scoring a brace.

Addition Information

I had a busy day today so have not had time to do the Manager and Player of the month awards. However I am not working tomorrow so will post them some time in the evening :)

Xavi Torres has been placed on the transfer list (26/88 Getafe). Looking for a fee around £12m but would be interested in a p/ex for a decent 87 DC. Age & looks not important but non-smoker preferred....

Manager and Player of the Month Awards

Rounds 1-4

Here is the player and manager of the month awards for all five divisions. Every four rounds (Two weeks) I will post these awards. The first set will be quite obvious, but still hope its a good read :)

Division 5

Manager of the Month: Ed Moses (Barrow AFC)

Ed has done an excellent job since resigning from Arsenal and joining the lowest division. The experience he learned in the premiership has turned Barrow into the in-form team of the setup, and the only team to win all of its league games in the first four rounds.

Player of the Month: Dario Cvitanich (Barnet)

The Agentine is currently the divisions top scorer with six goals from six games. He has also created three goals, making him be involved in all but two of Barnets goals so far. Cviatanich has also scored in five out of the six games played.

Division 4

Manager of the Month: Noisy (Crewe)

Noisy has guided Crewe to the top of Division 4 and is one of only six clubs yet to taste defeate this season. Crewe was one of the most exciting sides in the division with an impressive 17 goals in six games, a record that only Manchester City can match.

Player of the Month: Aleksandr Kokorin (Bradford)

The Russian International has found life in England easy since joining Bradford three seasons ago. Playing with his Russian international team mates certainly has helped him settle to life in England. This month Kokorin scored four goals from five starts, and also created three goals for his team. He is well on the way to matching last seasons tally of 29.

Division 3

Manager of the Month: Suad Koska (Bury)

Koska has led Bury to second in the table. This is a wonderful start after winning the Division 4 play-off final last month. Despite playing against stronger competition, Bury have maintained there form from Division 4, and if things continue back to back promotions could be a real possibility.

Player of the Month: Tim Matavz (Walsall)

Matavz has only feature in three of Walsall's six games this season, but the Slovenian International has still managed to score five goal, already surpassing last seasons tally. He has also created two goals for his team.

Division 2

Manager of the Month: Mike H (Fulham)

Fulham began the month slowly with three draws, however ended the month strongly with three wins. Fulham have the best defensive record of the month, conceding just one goal. A squad that deserves to be in the premier league currently hold the last play-off position.

Player of the Month : Philipp Wollscheid (Birmingham)

It has been a great season for the German defender. Defensively Birmingham look shaky with 10 goals conceded, but Philipp has earnt Birmingham alot of points with his four goals. Philipp has also shown his great crossing ability, by creating four goals from set-pieces.

Division 1

Manager of the Month: Ben-SCFC (Manchester City)

City currently lead the Premier ship with ten points from a possible twelve this month. Ben has got City playing some lovely attacking football, which has produced 17 goals in four games, which including a 7-1 win over title rivals Liverpool. Man City also won the Charity Shield and beat Juventus in the Champions League.

Player of the Month: Romelu Lukaku (West Ham)

This is Lukakus second season as a premier league player, having played in Season 4 for Sheffield Wednesday. West Ham have struggled to adapt to life in the top division, however Lukaku has been the shining light for them, and scored five goals this month. Manchester Citys Isco was a close second, but an injury prevented him playing two games this month.

I will try and do these awards every two weeks, but think it might be hard to find players stats as the weeks go by. But i'll see what I can do. If its too hard i'll just make it managers of the month and the team of the round :)

globe-icon.jpg

Dan James steered Uruguay to victory against Estonia.

Uruguay outclassed Estonia and beat them 6 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 13 encounter.

Cavani scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Suárez and Pereira were also amongst the goalscorers