English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Thank-you 7777' date=' it's been a pleausre, but the time has come to say goodbye.

Ive managed Colchester for an incredible 233 games and have seen the club rise from Division 3 to Division 1, it has been an incredible journey but one which is now at an end.

Good luck and i wish 7777 the best. :)[/quote']

Macclesfield boss has the offer and I hope he takes it, he has a very impressive history, nearly 1,000 matches with just 9 clubs.

it's not often enough that we get someone into div 1 who deserves to be there.

and please stop gloating about the arsenal result, the shameful liar thinks I am the only one who is bothered anymore about his behaviour and should get over it because EVERYONE else has, he doesn't think he has anything to apologise for either, apparently 2 people actually apologised to him but then again, you cant believe what he says.

I do have the messages saved if the shameful liar wishes to dispute those comments.

So... West Brom in the next round. Potential Bannana Skin considering Pirlo et al have been played in every game this season. Hardly managing, I think more should be done on a scale of players getting unhappy, say if a 88+ isn't played for more than 5 games, this will encourage substitution shake ups too! they should get unhappy. This automatic contract thing kind of negates the unhappy thing they introduced.

Quick look back at last night:

heyha_zpsc6726a8a.png

Pleased how my team did, driven by the experience of Mignolet and Lallana. Mignolet made his 227th appearance last night! :eek:

With the right tactic anything is possible, just ask Exeter City.

Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against Grimsby Town in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture.

Natcho and Athanasiadis were amongst the goalscorers

Our bad luck in the cup competitions continues....

Thought Grimsby would go with one of two formations so put out tactics that I considered would counter either. Needless to say they went a completely different direction.

3 - 0 down we made a switch and brought on Natcho & Athanasiadis, which worked pretty well as we took more possession & pulled 2 goals back to make the scoreline more respectable but it wasn't enough.

Well done Grimsby.

2 tough league matches coming up now. Away to high flying Doncaster and then we entertain our old adversary FGR at County Ground.

Our bad luck in the cup competitions continues....

Thought Grimsby would go with one of two formations so put out tactics that I considered would counter either. Needless to say they went a completely different direction.

3 - 0 down we made a switch and brought on Natcho & Athanasiadis' date=' which worked pretty well as we took more possession & pulled 2 goals back to make the scoreline more respectable but it wasn't enough.

Well done Grimsby.

2 tough league matches coming up now. Away to high flying Doncaster and then we entertain our old adversary FGR at County Ground.[/quote']

It was my brilliant tactic of "I don't really feel like playing SM anymore today i'll just copy his previous tactics and hope i get lucky." that won me the game.

Honestly it as pretty funny when i saw the result because i didn't expect it. Good look with your next few games anyway.;)

Man City drew 1-1 at Burnley last night, Milan Jovanovic gave them the lead before Steven Gerrard put us level a few minutes later, we won 1-3 on penaltys, drawn Sunderland in round 3.

Played quite a strong team last night with there being a break after Wednesdays league game.

Hart

Valencia-Kompany-Ranocchia-Martins Indi

Toure-Paulinho

Isco-Gerrard-Baines

Balotelli

We play Plymouth next.

SMFA Shield Group A

Sheffield United 1 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

Lewandowski's third MoM performance in 4 European games this season.

But to stay in the competition we need a draw against Montpellier in the final group game. No injuries in the next couple of games please.

Updated Premier League Odds

sky-bet.png

Latest Premier League Odds

To win the league :

Manchester City - 11/10 changed to 2/1

Blackpool - 15/8 changed to 2/1

Tottenham - 2/1 changed to 15/8

Arsenal - 3/1 changed to 6/1

Manchester United - 5/1 changed to 25/1

Liverpool - 7/1 changed to 3/1

Sunderland - 7/1 stays 7/1

Everton - 8/1 changed to 9/1

West Brom - 8/1 changed to 10/1

Middlesborough - 10/1 changed to 4/1

Plymouth - 20/1 changed to 3/1

Crystal palace - 30/1 changed to 6/1

Top 4 finish :

Manchester City - 1/3 changed to 8/11

Blackpool - 1/3 changed to 8/11

Tottenham - Evens changed to 1/3

Arsenal - 2/1 changed to 4/1

Liverpool - 3/1 changed to 15/8

Sunderland - 4/1 changed to 8/1

Everton - 5/1 changed to 6/1

Middlesborough - 7/1 changed to 3/1

Plymouth - 10/1 changed to 2/1

Palace - 17/2 changed to 5/1

Relegation Odds :

Preston - 10/11 changed to 1/2

Shorpe - 11/10 changed to 8/11

Nottingham Forrest - 11/8 changed to Evens

West Ham - 15/8 changed to 5/1

Sheffield Utd - 2/1 stays 2/1

Aston Villa - 3/1 changed to 2/1

*All subject to change after the next 10 fixtures.*

Thoughts and predictions are welcome at this point.

Podolski Double sinks Northampton

Noisy (Forum) steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against Northampton Town.

Crewe Alexandra outclassed Northampton Town and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Podolski scored both of the goals for Crewe Alexandra and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

Tonights Game : Tranmere (A)

Bolton and Fulham share the spoils in a very close and tense game at the Cottage that ended 0-0

We sit 5th, 5 points behind the leaders, need to win more games to get that auto promotion we need to save the bank balance!

competition-icon.jpg

Dan James steered Sheffield Wednesday to victory against Norwich City.

Sheffield Wednesday outclassed Norwich City and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Welbeck scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ganso was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Blackpool 3-1 Arsenal

After a difficult and dissapointing week for the club, Blackpool manager Marc Spicer can relax with a win over a strong Arsenal side.

Handanovic (91)

Diarra (90) Pepe (93) Zabaleta (91)

Navas (92) Tevez (93) Meireles (91) Marchisio (92) Nani (92)

Walcott (91) Eto'o (92)

Despite being on the back foot, Blackpool took the lead through Jesus Navas after 20 minutes. The lead was quickly doubled through skipper Carlos Tevez. Theo Walcott scored his third league goal of the season shortly after the break, while Arjen Robben scored a late conselation for Arsenal. Samir Handanovic put in an excellent display in goal after a number of shocking games. 14 saves and fully deserving of the MOM award for keeping us in the game.

Blackpool move up to 5th, and can now enjoy a break from the league :)

Bolton and Fulham share the spoils in a very close and tense game at the Cottage that ended 0-0

We sit 5th' date=' 5 points behind the leaders, need to win more games to get that auto promotion we need to save the bank balance![/quote']

Good match :)

Gozzy Pratama steered Leyton Orient to victory against Torquay United.

Leyton Orient beat Torquay United 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Barrientos scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nilmar was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Barrientos and Nilmar on fire! Nilmar have been really impressive for me this season,it'll be tough for Gilardino to secure his place again after his injury. Barrientos also has been excellent after the 'illegal' move to Crystal Palace. I'm up to 4th right now.

Another excellent news for me, Giacomo Bonaventura rising to 88 today. He's also rumoured to sign for Juventus so it's exciting to see his future

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

Everton beat Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 3 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Džeko scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Dzsudzsák and Vucinic were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice to enter or mini 'break' with a solid win and being in contention at the top of the table :)

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Spartak Moskva.

Everton outclassed Spartak Moskva and beat them 4 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Group E fixture.

Vucinic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Džeko and Alves were also amongst the goalscorers.

Also guaranteed qualification which is nice, good work assistant manager :D

I've been offered the Colchester job, but i'm not going to take it. So if anyone wants it, pm in-game, not here (i just became a father and don't have a lot of time atm, so i won't be on here much.)

I'm Macclesfield btw