English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

I've been offered the Colchester job' date=' but i'm not going to take it. So if anyone wants it, pm in-game, not here (i just became a father and don't have a lot of time atm, so i won't be on here much.)

I'm Macclesfield btw[/quote']

congratulations.

would be nice if a long serving 7777 manager got it.

Crewe win fierce derby against Tranmere 5-1

Noisy (Forum) steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against fierce rivals Tranmere Rovers in the Cheshire Derby.

Crewe Alexandra outclassed Tranmere Rovers and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Podolski was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Belfodil was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Podolski hits a hat-trick to take his goal tally to six goals in four games since moving from Bolton.

I've been offered the Colchester job' date=' but i'm not going to take it. So if anyone wants it, pm in-game, not here (i just became a father and don't have a lot of time atm, so i won't be on here much.)

I'm Macclesfield btw[/quote']

Congratulations. Is a she or a he?:)

Shorpe lose again.This time 3-0 to Leeds well played mate.

I see me being relegated and to be honest I wont be mad as this team has pushed above their weight for all the seasons in division 1 :D

Back to 3 games a week for me next season.

Shorpe lose again.This time 3-0 to Leeds well played mate.

I see me being relegated and to be honest I wont be mad as this team has pushed above their weight for all the seasons in division 1 :D

Back to 3 games a week for me next season.

Thanks Riece - a bit of nostalgia for me as I played Shorpe away in my first match in charge of Leeds (2 seasons ago) and lost 2-3. It was the prelude to a long, and ultimately unsuccessful, fight against relegation.

I'm sure you've a good chance of staying up - but div 2 is no cakewalk either, in case you do go down.

Some very surprising names at the top of the upper divisions - newly promoted sides running away with Div 2 and Middlesbro chasing Plymouth in Div 1. Impressive, as they only got up through the playoffs after finishing quite a way behind Leeds & West Ham.

Boro's manager has done incredibly well since we mauled his crew 6-0 in our best performances at this level (could have been 12!) The win v Scunny was probably our next best performance

Good also to see Hyina hanging in there (though it pains me to say it as we fought tooth and nail last year) with his West Ham side too. Not particularly highly-rated, but looking quite comfortable.

I reckon Everton may end up with some silverware this season. They've stuffed us twice in League and Cup and seem to be getting some very good results.

There's no easy games these days...to coin a cliché.

I might risk a fiver on Arsenal going down, though.

congratulations.

would be nice if a long serving 7777 manager got it.

We should learn from last time and not do something like this. It just causes alot of confusion, but thats my opinion.

Theres a few foumers who are really keen to join, I'd like to see Dale147 get the Colchester job.

We should learn from last time and not do something like this. It just causes alot of confusion' date=' but thats my opinion.

Theres a few foumers who are really keen to join, I'd like to see Dale147 get the Colchester job.[/quote']

Like me. I would love to get Colchester.

Blackpool was already losing money after every game, now my chairman gives new and improved contracts to Willian, Zabaleta, Walcott, Nani, Tevez and Handanovic.

Raises the wage bill by roughly £50,000. Mainly due to Zabaleta having his wages doubled.

Going to be very hard to reduce the wage bill to make us break even. Probably four first team players need to be sold to achieve that. Meireles (91) and Taiwo (88) are the main ones I want to shift and both can go for cash. Probably have to sell Diarra (90) or Romulo (87) aswell. Make a bid if any interest you, preferably not player exchanges.

Blackpool was already losing money after every game' date=' now my chairman gives new and improved contracts to Willian, Zabaleta, Walcott, Nani, Tevez and Handanovic.

Raises the wage bill by roughly £50,000. Mainly due to Zabaleta having his wages doubled.

Going to be very hard to reduce the wage bill to make us break even. Probably four first team players need to be sold to achieve that. Meireles (91) and Taiwo (88) are the main ones I want to shift and both can go for cash. Probably have to sell Diarra (90) or Romulo (87) aswell. Make a bid if any interest you, preferably not player exchanges.[/quote']

How do you get on with the stadium size mate? Just interested as i have a Blackpool in an EC and its shocking how little money we make.

One good thing with Sunderland is the stadium capacity means we make money effortlessly.

Have you had a stadium increase?

How do you get on with the stadium size mate? Just interested as i have a Blackpool in an EC and its shocking how little money we make.

One good thing with Sunderland is the stadium capacity means we make money effortlessly.

Have you had a stadium increase?

Ive had it increased twice. It started at 17,000 and is now 26,000. That was at season 2 and season 3 though, so dont know if I wil get another one

Still way to small for a squad with alot of 90+ players, cant remember the last time I have had a big bank balance :(

Ive had it increased twice. It started at 17' date='000 and is now 26,000. That was at season 2 and season 3 though, so dont know if I wil get another one

Still way to small for a squad with alot of 90+ players, cant remember the last time I have had a big bank balance :([/quote']

With your record you should have had another increase,probably needs to be looked at,especially if you continually challenge for honours and a high league placing.

LEEDS SWOOP FOR IRISH VETERAN

Controversial manager ready to "splash the cash" in club record bid

Leeds United's under-fire manager, The Butcher of Montevideo, has made an audacious bid for one of the world's greatest former players in a desperate attempt to hang on to his job in the face of mounting hostility from the fans and Chairman.

The (reportedly) € 60m bid was made this morning for the great

Dieg O'Maradona , who hasn't played competitive football since 1992.

picture.php?pictureid=3426&albumid=453&dl=1376065418&thumb=1

O'Maradona (seen arriving for his hurriedly arranged medical at Leeds this morning) played for the Republic of Ireland under Jack Charlton in the mid-1980s.

The South American-born superstar was deemed to be eligible to represent the Republic on account of the fact that he had once bought a set of Waterford crystal.

The Butcher defended the decision to smash the club's salary structure and plunge Leeds nearly €58m into debt by saying.

Players like O'Maradona don't come available too often. If we sign him it will send a message throughout the first division that Leeds are serious about winning titles and also that I can open any door in football.

Sadly for The Butcher, the deal was cancelled at 5pm this afternoon after it transpired that The Butcher is also O'Maradona's agent and would have received nearly €7m in commissions if the deal had gone through.
picture.php?pictureid=3426&albumid=453&dl=1376065418&thumb=1

Team of the Round

Round 10

Hey guys, Here is my team of the round for the games played on Wednesday 7th August 2013. A little bit later than usual as I was too tired to do it last night. Found it really difficult to find centre backs that impressed me (Dont actually think a CB scored and kept a clean sheet on Wednesday) so I have decided to do a 3-4-3 this week.

Goalkeeper: Ulreich (Forest Green Rovers)

Right Back: Cassani (Wolves)

Center Back: David Luiz (Sunderland)

Left Back: Sobol (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Right Midfield: Dzdudzsak (Everton)

Center Midfield: Fletcher (Stoke)

Center Midfield: Abdioglu (Eastbourne)

Left Midfield: Barrientos (Leyton Orient)

Right Striker: Mitrovic (Cheltenham)

Central Striker: Bony (Swindon)

Left Striker: Podolski (Crewe)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Swindon striker Wilfred Bony. The Ivory Coast international was in excellent form in the mid-week game against Doncaster, which Swindon won 4-2. Bony scored a hat-trick in 32 minutes, with one of the goals coming from the penalty spot. It had been a slow start for Bony with only two goals in the previous nine games. Maybe this display can kick-start his season.

In second place is Eastbourne Midfeilder Yasin Abdioglu. The 17 year old Turkish midfielder is in his second season of English football, and appears to have adapted well to life in Division 5. Yasin ran the show in a 5-2 win over league leaders Barrow and scored his first brace for the club. He also created two other goals in the game, and was unlucky not to win the man of the match award.

No hat-trick of player of the round for Claudio Pizarro :P, however this weeks player of the round is another striker. And that award goes to Crewe striker Lukas Podolski!!

2e0f.jpg

The German International has been low on confidence in recent times, having failed for Division one side Blackpool and a dissapointment for Division 2 side Bolton Wanderers. However he has recaptured his goal scoring touch for Division 4 side Crewe, as he scored his first hat-trick for the club in a 5-1 demolition of Tranmere. Podolski has also scored six goals in the last three games which shows he is back to his best. Podolski is the star player of the division, and will look to continue Crewes push for promotion and prove himself back at the higher levels.

2nip5ck.jpg

Martínez takes the reigns at Colchester Utd

suy9tt.jpg

Earlier this afternoon after the post was rejected by Mr. Muhajeddine (Macclesfield manager) it is believed that the 2nd choice for the Colchester United job has been offered to Roberto Martínez which he has took with "open arms". Colchester are currently in 14th position which has been described as a disappointing start for the club and while the clubs are on a mid-term break from the Premier Division the board at Colchester have decided that now is the right time to start bringing in a new man at the club. It is believed that there was a 3 man shortlist which leaded with Mr. Muhajeddine, R.Martínez and also M.Pochettino. Colchester surprisingly up to date have only picked up 11 points from the first 10 games, especially after they finished in 6th position last year! Also, from a possible 18 points in the last 6 games Colchester had only picked up just 4 points from the 6 games and this has lead to John Henry's departure. Fans will feel though that Roberto Martinez has a lot to live up to, with ex-manager John Henry being involved in the club for 233 games (the most in there history) so it will be a huge achievement for Roberto to pass this. The appointment was released on the Northampton Town website before Sky Sports News were first to report it at around 4:00pm GMT local time but there had been some rumours circulating from some freelance journalists early that day that the Spanish manager was on his way to the club to finalize the contract. Martínez has supposedly signed for a 2 and a half year deal which includes a clause that he will get an extra year extension on the assumption that they survive from the drop this season. Some betting companies have started to predict that Colchester could possibly later on in the season be involved in the relegation battle. But, Roberto has claimed in his evening press conference:

I'm extremely pleased to have joined Colchester United on a 2-year deal. I was losing hope on the chances of managing another club again but I was lucky enough to have recieved an offer to manage Colchester. I have admired the work that the previous manager has done in being able to bring Colchester to Division 1 and I hope that I can continue his great work at this club. I have yet to joined the players for a training session but I am looking forward to meet up with my future team-mates to discuss the upcoming season!

Colchester's first game under new manager Roberto Martínez is tomorrow night against Russian club Rubin Kazan tomorrow night..

Im delighted you got the job Dale.

An excellent addition to this setup :D Best of luck with Colchester

Cheers for giving me the heads up on the job offer being available. Very pleased to have finally joined this setup, I'm looking forward to being involved in the setup (especially the forum aspect of it), I'll try on a regular basis try and get some match reports in the thread.:)

A guy joins the 7777 and imediately lands on the first division where there is dedicated managers waiting for an oportunity to evolve and take a bigger club. Anyway welcome mate.

It's not my fault that I've been interested in joining this setup for a while and missed out on different jobs while I've been waiting, I asked a few weeks ago if there were any jobs and I was told that I had missed two and I know that one was a Division 5 team so yes I admit I was lucky to join Colchester but that doesn't say that I'm not going to be a dedicated manager in this setup.

Cheers for giving me the heads up on the job offer being available. Very pleased to have finally joined this setup' date=' I'm looking forward to being involved in the setup (especially the forum aspect of it), I'll try on a regular basis try and get some match reports in the thread.:)[/quote']

welcome bud & hope you hit the ground running with colchester

It's not my fault that I've been interested in joining this setup for a while and missed out on different jobs while I've been waiting' date=' I asked a few weeks ago if there were any jobs and I was told that I had missed two and I know that one was a Division 5 team so yes I admit I was lucky to join Colchester but that doesn't say that I'm not going to be a dedicated manager in this setup.[/quote']

Yeah its not your fault. And i am not saying you´re not a dedicated manager, thats not what i meant. I am just a bid pistoff, cause there was lots of managers in the setup who contacted the guy regarding Colchester.

Yeah its not your fault. And i am not saying you´re not a dedicated manager' date=' thats not what i meant. I am just a bid pistoff, cause there was lots of managers in the setup who contacted the guy regarding Colchester.[/quote']

who cares this ain't a custom look at the mess that was caused over the arsenal job(,people thinking they could do this and that and agreeing to do this and that when really they hadn't got the "power" to make those calls in the first place i don't know why other managers in this setup think they should somehow have a say on who gets availble jobs, this whole "giving dedicated managers" blah blah is just stupid the guy who gets the job offer decides what he wants to do and they shouldn't be coerced into doing otherwise

if your butt hurt about the situation thats your right i suppose but this whole high and mighty approach of some in this gameworld is sickening at times it really is

who cares this ain't a custom look at the mess that was caused over the arsenal job(' date='people thinking they could do this and that and agreeing to do this and that when really they hadn't got the "power" to make those calls in the first place i don't know why other managers in this setup think they should somehow have a say on who gets availble jobs, this whole "giving dedicated managers" blah blah is just stupid the guy who gets the job offer decides what he wants to do and they shouldn't be coerced into doing otherwise

if your butt hurt about the situation thats your right i suppose but this whole high and mighty approach of some in this gameworld is sickening at times it really is [/font']

So next time, the manager should just refuse the offer and let things move on by their own. I also agree that anyone should not have the power to do that or this, but he chose to make a shortlist and he didn´t chose a guy already in the setup, he chose! He didn´t refused and let things move on! I don´t have my butt hurt. I am pretty happy with my Aldershot Town but Colchester was an oportunity to play in the top levels. But thats fine, i welcome the new manager. The only thing that buggs me was the whole choosing.