English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Div 1

LEEDS 4 PLYMOUTH 0

Leeds demolish leaders

Leeds belied their recent erratic form by registering this resounding win against runaway leaders Plymouth.

The only black mark on a great night for Leeds was the news that Cissé (our best striker this season) will be sidelined for 4 weeks with a nasty injury. You dirty Devon wurzels.

Reus and Cissé linked well from the off and it was Cissé who struck first in the 26th minute, nutmegging his marker before beating Leno with a curling shot.

Grosskreutz made it 2-0 just before half time and Leeds could sense that a great result was beckoning.

The game was put out of reach for Plymouth when Reus struck twice in the first five minutes of the second half.

Reus was denied his hat-trick by the linesman's flag but there was no way back for Argyle and Leeds saw out the last half hour of the match in defensive mode.

We climb one place to 10th but still in touch with the leading pack. Plymouth maintain a 4-point lead at the top. Lucky for them they only have to come to Elland Road once this season.

Top scorers in the league now - and if we can just get a run going then anything might be possible.

Leeds face Blackpool in the Shield next - we'll be hoping to avenge our home defeat in the league a few weeks ago against the same opponents.

about 70% of the squad is unfit or no where near 100% got several key players out injured and still somehow managed to get something from tonights game against a much higher rated team anyways onwards and upwards and all that malarky

got a really unwanted fixture next as the team was left to stew by the looks of it so all the cup games gonna do is delay being able to sort it out, plus no revenue as it an away fixture:eek:

competition-icon.jpg

Dan James earned a draw with Grimsby Town against Stockport County.

A thrilling match ended 4 - 4 between Grimsby Town and Stockport County in their Division 4 encounter.

García scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nutz and Ifrán were also amongst the goalscorers.

Gozzy Pratama steered Leyton Orient to victory against fierce rivals Southend United.

Leyton Orient outclassed Southend United and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Gilardino had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Coloccini and Payet were amongst the goalscorers.

Payet and Coloccini goals bring us 3rd.

;2706181']Complete joke.

Fed up.

They get a player sent off' date=' then they score 2 minutes later? They finish with 9 men and I lose?

4 games, 4 losses.

Thinking of handing in my resignation and focusing on other gameworlds.[/quote']

I know how you feel. Lost 3-0 at home to a weaker, out of form, Bournemouth. Well done to them but looking at the stats we certainly didn't deserve to lose let alone 3-0.

Can only assume that I am unlucky enough to have signed forwards that SM considers can't score and a GK that couldn't hold onto a door knob.

And since Bony moved to Swansea his ratings have been shoite. I want UEFA to reverse that deal NOW.

Chris Share steered Hartlepool United to victory against Northampton Town.

Hartlepool United outclassed Northampton Town and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Boye scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Krychowiak and Clemens were also amongst the goalscorers.

A very solid performance as stats through the roof... should've had 4 or 5!!!

Hopefully John Boye gets in team of the week as he scored and MOM with a 10!!! He is only a CB after all!!!

HEREFORD decent start to the season continues, this time a 1-0 home win over Millwall keeps us in 10th place.

at last a team brings some away support, which leads to our record attendance of 11,247.

this leads to our first season in three, where we ain't bottom of the attendance table.

DIVISION 2 is looking very strange with Charlton at the top and Newcastle & Blackburn at the bottom.

promotion is up for grabs for 18 clubs at the moment.

with the big 5 leagues in the middle of being currently being reviewed, a few youngsters have risen and are now pushing for the first team, unfortunately, they probably will get there chance due to some older players dropping, i'm hoping they don't drop until the next reviews.

;2706181']Complete joke.

Fed up.

They get a player sent off' date=' then they score 2 minutes later? They finish with 9 men and I lose?

4 games, 4 losses.

Thinking of handing in my resignation and focusing on other gameworlds.[/quote']

Sorry buddy :D Finally my first win as manager with MY tactics :D Danny Wellbeck has been sensational since ive arrived :D

Shield - R3

LEEDS 1 BLACKPOOL 2

A few weeks ago I went 3-5-2 at home against Blackpool and lost. Tried 4-5-1 tonight and lost again.

Can't complain about the result - they are just stronger than us.

Out of both cups now - sad about the money not being there, but we have to focus on the league now.

I had two players drop by -1 today and the squad isn't great in terms of depth.

Blackpool 2-1 Leeds

After being knocked out of the Cup, Im going all out for the shield so fielded a very strong team, with only Zabaleta (91), Marchisio (92) and Tevez (93) being rested. In there place come Danilo (89), Diarra (90) and Asamoah (91). It ruins fitness, but this is our best chance of a trophy.

Theo Walcott scored a brace, with a late winner from the penalty spot. Away to Shrewsbury in the next round.

EC Shield R3

Arsenal 0 - 0 Torquay

(5 - 6)

It was all smiles for the men in yellow from Division 4 tonight as The Gulls triumphed in front of 57,000 at The Emirates.

Torquay enjoyed the lion's share of possession over 90 minutes before hitting six good penalties to see them into the fourth round and, finally, a home tie against West Ham in a fortnight.

A proud night indeed for the club and especially its supporters...