O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Would like to hear from managers who've been in this GW for a long long time; how often did deal reversing' date=' and only [b']deal reversing[/b] occur before the 26th June 2013?

I am playing this GW for a year and i don´t recall such discussion about reversed deals, so i must say or is it too bloody coincidence or Kevin is really behind it and i am not the kind of person who blames without proof. I gotta be honest, its very weird.

Guest drseanfitz

I am playing this GW for a year and i don´t recall such discussion about reversed deals' date=' so i must say or is it too bloody coincidence or Kevin is really behind it and i am not the kind of person who blames without proof. I gotta be honest, its very weird.

and that's the thing, playing devils advocate, you could say that someone else was reporting them either for Kevin to get the blame or knowing they could use Kevin as a cover.

As already stated even SM don't know who it is, and lets be honest, if Kevin was to come on here and say it wasn't him then most people wouldn't believe him anyway.

Whoever it is, then they can see by the comments on here and in game that it is having the desired effect of winding everyone up.

and that's the thing' date=' playing devils advocate, you [i']could [/i]say that someone else was reporting them either for Kevin to get the blame or knowing they could use Kevin as a cover.

As already stated even SM don't know who it is, and lets be honest, if Kevin was to come on here and say it wasn't him then most people wouldn't believe him anyway.

Whoever it is, then they can see by the comments on here and in game that it is having the desired effect of winding everyone up.

Sean, you gotta have a look at Kevin's history in other GWs and on the forums, when in WC33333 which was due to be the next successful forums WC, there were ~40 forumers in the first week ---> <10 in the next month ---> 3 now. About 80% of internal forumers deals were reversed and there were some very dodgy deals between Juventus (Kevin) and Porto (newbie 40 rep acc which after I searched it, says this account has been suspended). After Kevin left the 3 months after there has been only 3 reversed deals.

I haven't seen much of him (and wouldn't want to anyway) in other GWs, but apparently according to Leeds manager here, he's been with Kevin in another GW and there were reports of cheating there too.

Finally, there were discussions in this thread a while ago when Kevin took the Arsenal job, when he was a mod, after some searching by other mods we discovered he had deleted several posts by various forumers when the posts were not offensive or such. He initially denied deleting them but we found out. Since then he has not said anything on here since.

I wouldn't say we have concrete evidence and yes, we may never get any full proof, but is it such a coincidence that every GW that one individual participates in any GW there is always a trail of incidences that soon follows?

Would like to hear from managers who've been in this GW for a long long time; how often did deal reversing' date=' and only [b']deal reversing[/b] occur before the 26th June 2013?

i been in a while, and i dont really keep an eyes out for others deals going on as im only Morecambe i just keep an eye on smaller players.

But have to say since all the rubbish thats happened regarding 'kevin' taking over the arsenal job, i constantly hear people get annoyed due to a deal being reversed or cancelled. Before he joined I did not hear anyone moaning bout it.

So to me everything points at him! he is a sad little boy who needs to grow up and stop craving attention!!!

(shame u cant delete this post aye kevin?)

Guest drseanfitz

Sean' date=' you gotta have a look at Kevin's history in other GWs and on the forums, when in WC33333 which was due to be the next successful forums WC, there were ~40 forumers in the first week ---> <10 in the next month ---> 3 now. About 80% of internal forumers deals were reversed and there were some very dodgy deals between Juventus (Kevin) and Porto (newbie 40 rep acc which after I searched it, says this account has been suspended). After Kevin left the 3 months after there has been only 3 reversed deals.

I haven't seen much of him (and wouldn't want to anyway) in other GWs, but apparently according to Leeds manager here, he's been with Kevin in another GW and there were reports of cheating there too.

Finally, there were discussions in this thread a while ago when Kevin took the Arsenal job, when he was a mod, after some searching by other mods we discovered he had deleted several posts by various forumers when the posts were not offensive or such. He initially denied deleting them but we found out. Since then he has not said anything on here since.

I wouldn't say we have concrete evidence and yes, we may never get any full proof, but is it such a coincidence that every GW that one individual participates in any GW there is always a trail of incidences that soon follows?[/quote']

I never said that he didn't, (or that he did for that matter) . that's why I used the word 'could' and stated I was playing devils advocate.

Just the once as far as I can recall. A Blackpool player was reversed I think

Yeah I think I was the only one who had a deal reversed before the 26th, which was between me and Bolton for Podolski (But after a week we managed to redo the deal). Dont think this was due to being reported, just one of the random ones from SM.

Since then there must have been atleast 20 deals been reversed or blocked. Its hard to pinpoint who is doing it as there is no proof but we all have an idea who is doing it.

Anyways a late report from our game on saturday... glad we got back to winning ways with a comfortable 3 points against Cardiff.

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Cardiff City.

Morecambe beat Cardiff City 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Djaló scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ranégie and Albrighton were also amongst the goalscorers.

Lets hope we can build on this...

Team's growth

Premier League.

Mignolet -- 90 min - clean sheet (too soon for another rise)

Jenkinson - 90 min - clean sheet (86?)

Chambers - 90 min - three starts at 75 rated (79-80)

Barkley --- 90 min - three starts, one goal (85?)

Lallana --- 90 min - steady start to season (87)

Schneiderlin 90 min- steady start to season (87)

Giroud ---- 90 min - Amazing form (91)

La Liga

Laporte - 90 min - Bilbao much improved from last season (too soon for rise)

Greek

Campbell - 58 min - Won 5-0, looking good and will be in CL (87)

The offer for Free Agent Liam PALMER from AFC Wimbledon has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Liam PALMER will now decide which club he wants to join. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Sure my bids the highest at 1.2m.getting regular games for the owls and a prospect.

The offer for Marcus PEDERSEN of Vitesse from AFC Wimbledon has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Dont know much about him except he s on loan at Barnsley and heard some good stuff abt him.pure gamble

The offer for Karl DARLOW of ENPPI from AFC Wimbledon has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Cheap and seems to be Forests new goalkeeper so could be worth a rise.

The offer for Sammy AMEOBI of FK Kolubara from AFC Wimbledon has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

1.7M seems a good gamble for Sammy even if he ends up in the championship.

The offer for Free Agent Jon TAYLOR from AFC Wimbledon has been

accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Young shrew winger attracting interest from championship clubs.

u66id.jpg

GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY

TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE

Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on some different occasions throughout the season giving a full report on how all of the clubs have performed throughout the day. We are presenting coverage from all 10 matches in Turn 10 in the Barclays Premier League. The main team of presenters are all here to give full commentary on how the games are going, they include in the studio:
Charlie Nicholas
Matt Le Tissier
Paul Merson
and
Phil Thompson
. And, around the other grounds in England for the Division 1 matches include:
Bianca Westwood
Kammy
John Salako
and
Iain Dowie
. All ten games can have factors which affect teams at the top and bottom of the table.

Show Introduction

Stelling
: Welcome, there are some cracking games on offer today in the Barclays Premier League, all of which could have major effects at the top and bottom of the league. We have all the goal updates as they come in. Currently at the top of the table sees Plymouth going strong leading the chase ahead of Liverpool and Tottenham. Middlesbrough also are in 4th position and take the final Champions League place. But, struggling at the bottom of the table is North-West side Preston North End and are surrounded in the relegation places currently by Shorpe and Nottm Forest with Aston Villa just hovering over the relegation position. Here are the fixtures for the day...
bhelop.png

Presenters covering each game:

Charlie Nicholas - Manchester United vs Everton

Matt Le Tissier - Nottm Forest vs Manchester City

Phil Thompson - Tottenham vs Leeds United

Paul Merson - Aston Villa vs Plymouth

Iain Dowie - West Brom vs Shorpe

Bianca Westwood - West Ham vs C.Palace

John Salako - Liverpool vs Preston

Chris Kamara - Arsenal vs Sunderland

Tony Cottee - Middlesborough vs Blackpool

David Craig - Colchester vs Sheffield United

Charlie Nicholas
:
Manchester United
(14th) vs
Everton
(4th)

This game has the potential to be a cracker, Manchester United have started the season poorly while Everton have surprised many as they have shot into the Champions League places and games like these tonight will really prove whether they are worth the money. Rick will venture into his 300th game as manager of Manchester United and will hope to pick up a big win at the Theatre Of Dreams. Success is the key for big teams like Manchester United but they will need big players like Gareth Bale, Rooney and Ibrahimovic will need to perform.

SUPER 6 PREDICTIONS:

Phil Thompson - M.United 2-0 Everton

Paul Merson - M.United 3-1 Everton

Matt Le Tissier - M.United 0-1 Everton

Charlie Nicholas - M.United 1-2 Everton

Jeff Stelling - M.United 3-0 Everton

2iavm9c.jpg

Matt Le Tissier:
Nottm Forest
(18th) vs
Manchester City
(12th)

Nottingham Forest have had a slow start to the season, towards the end of last season Nottingham Forest were involved in a relegation battle and were hoping that they could start the season brightly and challenge for a Top 10 position but again they have found themselves in and around the relegtion positions unlike there Mancunian opponents who are currently 12 in the league but have been involved in a poor run of form only picking up 3 points out of a possible 18 points. Although on paper the results haven't been stellar for either side, there is the possibility that it could be a cracking game.

SUPER 6 PREDICTIONS:

Phil Thompson - Nottm Forest 0-1 Man City

Paul Merson - Nottm Forest 2-0 Man City

Matt Le Tissier - Nottm Forest 0-0 Man City

Charlie Nicholas - Nottm Forest 1-1 Man City

Jeff Stelling - Nottm Forest 0-1 Man City

zy7omw.jpg

Phil Thompson:
Tottenham
(2nd) vs
Leeds United
(10th)

Tottenham are expected to pick up a consecutive victory tonight against Leeds United and challenge for the top spot. You look at the performances from Tottenham and they have been fantastic and it will be a shock if they cannot emulate some of those performances into todays game and win the game against Leeds easily... (
Paul Merson during this preview, described these comments about Leeds as
"harsh"
, Phil reacted to this by saying..)
I personally think Leeds will have to get there tactics spot on to pick a victory. Benzema for Tottenham has been in sublime form and he should pick up his 10th goal in the league today, under the belief that he starts. But, in fairness to Leeds they have performed well this year and with a few victories they can easily find themselves up there with some of the best.

SUPER 6 PREDICTIONS:

Phil Thompson - Tottenham 3-0 Leeds

Paul Merson - Tottenham 1-0 Leeds

Matt Le Tissier - Tottenham 2-1 Leeds

Charlie Nicholas - Tottenham 1-1 Leeds

Jeff Stelling - Tottenham 0-1 Leeds

28at9oj.jpg

Paul Merson:
Aston Villa
(17th) vs
Plymouth
(1st)

Plymouth have shown all the top teams in this division that they are the team to watch this year and that they should be feared, Plymouth have had an amazing start to the season and it is expected that they will pick up another 3 points against a relegation threatened Aston Villa side. Villa have had an unfortunate start to the season but there are many teams around them that could possibly fall into the relegation spots if they are able to pick up some wins.

SUPER 6 PREDICTIONS:

Phil Thompson - Aston Villa 0-2 Plymouth

Paul Merson - Aston Villa 0-3 Plymouth

Matt Le Tissier - Aston Villa 1-3 Plymouth

Charlie Nicholas - Aston Villa 0-1 Plymouth

Jeff Stelling - Aston Villa 0-1 Plymouth

52h0g8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

8:00 PM - ALL GAMES KICK OFF

8:15 PM

Stelling:
And we're off to Anfield, we hear there is a goal and it's come from a certain German starlet?

John Salako:
Yes,
Andre Schurrle
has put Liverpool ahead and infact scored the first goal of the evening in Division 1, Andre linked up brilliantly with his companion in midfield Aaron Hunt who is also from Germany and
Schurrle
cut onto the outside and tried his luck with the outside of his boot and struck a curling strike in the right corner of the net and the keeper had no chance!

15 minutes gone. Liverpool 1-0 Preston North End

rOgdLQWM03M

8:20 PM

Stelling:
Currently a silent evening in Division 1 for the football, many teams coming close but a lot struggling to pick out that final goal at the moment.

All games currently except at Anfield all still goalless.

8:25PM

Stelling:
Finally! Another goal tonight, this time we go to The Hawthorns, reporting for us tonight at West Brom is Iain Dowie, who's got on the scoresheet Iain?

Iain Dowie:
It's
Luis Suarez
, the man who has made 155 appearances for this club has scored his 37th goal, the goal came from a free-kick, Joel Matip brought down the Swiss international Inler, this lead to
Gonzalo Castro
placing in a lovely cross which Suarez latched onto and headed into the net.

25 minutes on the clock.
West Brom 1-0 Shorpe

8:26PM

Stelling:
Now the goals are starting to come in, we're off to Old Trafford now. Come on Charlie, tell us who's found the net.

Charlie Nicholas:
Oooooh it's the main man again!
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
, what a star, what a footballer. He is Mr consistent!

(the whole Gilette Soccer Saturday team laugh in hysterics)

Paul Merson:
Mr Consistent??!!!

Charlie Nicholas:
"7 goals in 11 games now for Man United, that's consistent. The goal came after
Bale
danced around the defence before he placed a fantastic ball into the box and Ibra powerfully headed in!

United 1-0 up against Everton!
"

1zr0so5.jpg

8:28 - 8:32PM

*GOAL UPDATES*

WEST BROM 1-
1 SHORPE (M. DIAME 28)

LIVERPOOL 2
-0 PRESTON
(L.MESSI 30)

MANCHESTER UNITED 2
-0 EVERTON
(M.HUMMELS 32)

8:36PM

Stelling:
Most of the goals have gone into the net in the North-West of England with Liverpool and Manchester United both netting 2 goals each at the moment but we now go to the North-East as we're hearing there has been a goal at Middlesborough, but Tony Cottee, who has gone ahead in this game.

Tony Cottee:
It's been a tightly contested affair here at the moment between Middlesborough and Blackpool but it's Middlesborough here who have broke the deadlock here through
Dirk Kuyt
whose shot luckily deflects off the Blackpool defender and he has put Middlesborough ahead 1-0!

Middlesborough 1-0 Blackpool

8:45 PM - HALFTIME

9:00PM

SECOND HALF STARTS:

9:02PM

Stelling:
We're now off to Old Trafford again, is it Game Over or Game On. Charlie Nicholas, we come to you again.

Charlie Nicholas:
It is Game On! Everton have found new life after half time and the goal comes from one of there backup strikers, Kevin Gameiro, they were awarded a penalty after he was brought down by Pique, Kevin struck it and it blasted into the back of then net, Man United 2-1 Everton.

Stelling:
If he can keep up these performances he might be in with a shout of making a few more appearances this year for Everton, he has struggled to pick up a first team place with Dzeko and Ba chosen ahead of him.

Manchester United 2-1 Everton

9:05 PM:

Stelling:
And now we're seeing a shock result come to order here, Phil, tell us more about it.

Phil Thompson:
This has really surprised me, Leeds have took the lead here after Marco Reus dribbled past the 3 "rocks" at the back in Alves and Bonucci. Marco, who I have been a big fan of has been in fantastic form this season and if anyone was going to score first today it would be him! The German attacking midfielder has put Leeds 1-0 ahead!

Borussia-Moenchengladbach-007.jpg

Reus celebrates in fantastic fashion shushing the North London crowd.

9:08 - 9:17PM

*GOAL UPDATES*

MANCHESTER UNITED 3
-1 SHORPE
(G.BALE 53)

ARSENAL 0-
1 SUNDERLAND (A.SZALAI 62)

WEST BROM 1-
2 SHORPE (DIEGO MILITO 62)

9:21-9:22PM

Stelling:
Woah. Just as we've returned from a game in the Championship, I think my ears are unable to think after hearing Phil Thompson screaming as I'm hearing that 2 goals in 2 minutes have gone in?!

Phil Thompson:
Just as Lavezzi pulled back an equaliser for Tottenham Hotspurs after a lovely wonderstrike, James Rodriguez goes down the other end, the attack just after the goal and nets one into the bottom right hand corner of the goal after some lovely teamwork with his Colombian team-mate Falcao.

TOTTENHAM 1-2 LEEDS

9:23PM:

Stelling:
Just as we thought there could have been a possible comeback before for Everton, it really is GAME OVER now. A typical Gareth Bale wonder-strike Charlie?

Charlie Nicholas:
It certainly is. This boy loves to strike it from a distance and boy has he done it again! He's got his second goal of the day but I'm sure he'll favour this goal to his previous goal as this was fantastic. Here it is now! Oooooft. Brilliant.

ipyVUBRJwBc

9:29 - 9:33PM

Stelling:
It's not been an exciting evening of football has it Bianca until now?

Bianca Westwood:
I don't know where these two goals have just instantly arrived from Jeff? In the first half, both teams were really struggling to get any chances on goal and in the 2nd half we have slowly started to see the potential of both sides, especially West Ham and that has been known now as Rakitisky and Lukaku have both found the net after heading in goals to pick up the 3 points for West Ham. The fans have been waiting to cheer all evening and now they have there opportunity to, just 12minutes left of the 90 to go, it's
West Ham 2-0 Crystal Palace

9:36 - 9:43

Stelling:
And Liverpool have gone from strength to strength in this game and really found there feet haven't they John?

John Salako:
Magical Messi. He just dances around the defence, it is lovely to watch and wait, GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It is now 4-0 for Liverpool, Thomas Muller has latched onto the cross from Messi and helped the crowd still here at Anfield to roar in jubilation. This will now put them 2nd in the league and will certainly help there goal difference, they have been brilliant today.

(Everyone in the studio laughs at John's sudden roar as the 4th goal went in)

Liverpool 4-0 Preston North End

9:45PM: FULL TIME.

Final Scores:

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Leeds United

Aston Villa 0-1 Plymouth Argyle

Arsenal 0-2 Sunderland

Nottm Forest 0-0 Manchester City

West Brom 1-2 Shorpe

Man United 4-1 Everton

Colchester 0-0 Sheffield United

Middlesborough 2-0 Blackpool

Liverpool 4-0 Preston North End

West Ham 2-0 Crystal Palace

League Table

1 Plymouth Argyle, 31 (+5)

2 Liverpool, 28 (+4)

3 Middlesborough, 28 (+3)

4 Tottenham Hotspur, 27 (+11)

5 Sunderland, 26 (+12)

6 Blackpool, 25 (+8)

7 Everton, 25 (+2)

8 Crystal Palace, 24 (+3)

9 Leeds United, 23 (+11)

10 Arsenal, 22 (+8)

11 Sheffield United, 21 (-3)

12 Manchester United, 20 (-2)

13 Manchester City, 19 (+6)

14 West Ham United, 18 (-5)

15 West Brom, 17 (-6)

16 Colchester United, 16 (-8)

17 Nottingham Forest, 14 (-10)

18 Aston Villa, 13 (-4)

19 Shorpe United, 13 (-14)

20 Preston North End, 8 (-21)

What a post Dale, have to spread unfortunately. Would love to see a few more of these during the season whenever you've got nothing to do, such a great read.

In other news, Liverpool make it trough to the Quarter Finals of the cup after a successful trip to Crown Groud. We beat Accrington Stanley 2-0, with goals coming from Mesut Ozil ( who will hopefully join Arsenal tonight ) and Oxlade-Chamberlain ( another Arsenal player ). Chambo was given a chance up front and he certainly didn't disappoint. Ozil has also been awarded man of the match. We will play Derby in the QF's.

What a post Dale' date=' have to spread unfortunately. Would love to see a few more of these during the season whenever you've got nothing to do, such a great read.[/quote']
Seconded! excellent post and time and effort would of gone into that

Yeah' date=' it did take quite a bit of time aha, especially making a few of the images myself but I enjoyed doing it. I'm going to try and do a few over the season when I've got some time.

Well done Dale - Repped!
Master piece "dale":D
Great stuff Dale - nice work
Wonderful post dale.

So glad you got in this game world :D

Also' date=' thanks for the comments about the post or gave some rep, I enjoyed doing the report but it was quite a long report which took some time and I will attempt to try and get a few more done over the season, possibly a [b']Champions League one and a few for the lower leagues.[/b]

Anyway, on news regarding Colchester, I've only at the moment signed Yohan Cabaye (since I've joined Colchester) and I am looking to sell a lot of my players at the squad to freshen the team up and make it my own, I'm even selling Buffon! aha. Just, Kouyate who I would like to keep.

Great post Dale,,

Some transfer news for Swindon Town.

We have strengthened our forward line up with 2 recent signings...

Firstly, after a protracted negotiation, we finally agreed a deal with Kettering for the signing of Dieumerci Mbokani.

Mbokani scored an astonishing 17 goals last season in 19 league matches for Anderlecht and, since joining Dynamo Kiev this season, has already notched up 5.

Second signing is for Artur Sarkisov, Armenian international that is now a regular starter for Russian PL side Ural. Only rated 78 so should get a rise from him at the next review.

Unfortunately the proposed deal for Jake Livermore to an un-named Div5 club broke down and so Livermore will be staying at County Ground for the time being.

a few new faces joined grimsby recently, no real show stoppers just guys to fill holes at the moment as the squad was pretty lop-sided in regards to the formations i like to play

thanks to fgr and leicester for the loans but i've sent the lads back now as i managed to get players in sooner than i expected in the same positions that are higher rated so your lads chance of gametime was now gonna be slim to none so thought it was silly to keep them plus didn't want them gaining concerns etc

the guys who i have bought in are as follows

samuel holmen 87

gustavo colman 87

robbert schilder 86

dimi' siovas 85

ignacio scocco 88

hopefully be able to put together a bit of form now as so far my recent results for grimsby haven't exactly been up to scratch

Nice stuff Dale.Cracking win over Wolves last night 4-2,sees us march into the quarter finals with a home game against Rochdale.

Got an accepted bid on a kid im quite excited about,Nabil Fekir who made his debut for Lyon at the weekend,only 75 rated and 20 years old,suprised he wasnt bid for by some other teams,just us and Arsenal.