• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Team of the Round

Round 12

Hey guys. After being really busy with work and some holiday I have a little bit more time on my hands these days so im gonna try and get the team of the round started again. I missed around 10 rounds but hopefully will be able to do the rest of the season :) As usual I will pick players from all five divisions on who I feel have been the best during that round of games.

Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 25th Septermber 2013. I have chose a 3-5-2 formation

Goalkeeper: Eduardo (Tranmere)

Center Back: Berezutsky (Swindon)

Center Back: Koscielny (Blackpool)

Center Back: Shawcross (Hull)

Right Midfield: Schurle (Liverpool)

Center Midfield: Rode (Forest Green)

Center Midfield: Holmen (Grimsby)

Center Midfield: Souza (Swansea)

Left Midfield: Lamela (Crystal Palace)

Right Striker: Vucinic (Everton)

Left Striker: El Hamdaoui (Portsmouth)

fantastic stuff Marc, nice to see Rode get a mention, think he is my first nominee!

gets Lvl 1 playing concerns, into the lineup, MOM performance! way to show me he is first XI material!

Blackpool 2-1 Man City

Former City captain Carlos Tevez returned to the Etihad to haunt his former club, as he inspired Blackpool to there first win over City in five meetings. Both teams set up in a 5-4-1 formation.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (91) Pepe (92) Koscielny (90)

Diarra (90)-----Meireles (91)----Asamoah (91)

Tevez (93)---Marchisio (92)

Eto'o (92)

Walcott (91)

Carlos Tevez opened the scoring in the third minute, the argentine recieving a pass from Samuel Eto'o and curles a shot that creeps into the corner. City levelled moments later through England captain Steven Gerrard. The winning goal was scored in the 13th minute, a cross from Carlos Tevez was headed home by Raul Meireles. It is the Portugese Internationals first goal of the season, and his first goal since rejoining the club (33 appearances ago).

The win moves Blackpool into second, two points off leaders Everton.

Every one copies the 5-4-1 now :o' date='no one used to play it.

Used to be the 3-5-2.

Anyway after resting a few first teamers in preparation for the semi final of the cup,we draw 1-1 with Preston.

Good game Ben.[/quote']

Last time I used it was when I last played City :D Its a good formation against them ;)

You should play all your first teamers on Monday, you face us on Wednesday so its a loss for you either way :P haha

wow was not expecting that, first time that formation selection has let me down, still though looking at the stats shouldn't of been as one sided as it was but guess it was just one of those games

competition-icon.jpg

Dan James was unable to prevent a Wigan Athletic defeat to Stoke City.

Wigan Athletic were given a football lesson by Stoke City as they were hammered 5 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

After many solid displays, it looks like Jack Wilshere albeit still available will start on Wednesday evening. Also expect young Frenchman Aymeric Laporte to make way for the fit again Serdar Tasci who is also available.

I keep my spine of Mignolet, Mangala, Matuidi, Honda & Giroud.

Season Ratings:

Mignolet 7 - Good keeping so far, can only do so much

Zapata 4 - Horrible

Tasci 5 - Slightly less Horrible

Mangala 6 - Started well, died down

De Sciglio N/A

Laporte 6 - Average

Chambers 6 - Improving

Stephens 5 - Improving at a lower rate to Chambers

Wilshere 5 - For his rating, poor

Matuidi 6 - Did inject new life into team, but also faltered

Schniederlin 7 - Played good for his rating

Frimpong 5 - Average

Barkley 6 - Best 'youth' at the club

Perotti 5 - Odd goal/assist

Fuchs 7 - Best overall performer

Lallana 5 - Has looked unhappy, and seems to want to leave!

Silva 6 - Did well in Cups

Campbell 6 - Not shown same flashes of talent

Honda 6 - In the shadows for most games

Giroud 6 - Took too long for first goal

Div 1

LEEDS 1 LIVERPOOL 1

Normally I'd consider this a decent result - but draws don't help us now and Liverpool aren't flying as high as when we drew with them in the away match.

A few wins might get us into the top 10 - which would be ok - but a disappointing season so far and not much left to play for.

Westermann got a rare goal for Leeds

POP QUIZ

Is there any manager in the top 2 divisions who HASN'T bid for Correa Marquinhos?

It always makes me chuckle when I log on to see yet another bid has been made for the kid.

There must have been 50 bids in the past season or two - but he's still at Gateshead.

I know Leeds have never bid for the guy.

I can only put this down to one of two explanations:

A) the Gateshead manager doesn't really want to sell him, and just relishes the attention or simply wants to be pen pals with the entire Game World

Or

B) you've all hired Ed Woodward and David Moyes to handle the negotiations for you.

Which is it folks?

POP QUIZ

Is there any manager in the top 2 divisions who HASN'T bid for Correa Marquinhos?

It always makes me chuckle when I log on to see yet another bid has been made for the kid.

There must have been 50 bids in the past season or two - but he's still at Gateshead.

I know Leeds have never bid for the guy.

I can only put this down to one of two explanations:

A) the Gateshead manager doesn't really want to sell him' date=' and just relishes the attention or simply wants to be pen pals with the entire Game World

Or

B) you've all hired Ed Woodward and David Moyes to handle the negotiations for you.

Which is it folks?[/quote']

C) The idiot relishes the attention and simply wants the entire game world in return for Marquinhos.

Simple thing to do is just take him off your shortlist, and never bid again, as unless you can come up with a spare £150m + Messi and Ronaldo he'll be staying at Gateshead for eternity, attracting hopeless bidders again and again

Ross Barkley was such a little baby when I signed him for £4m which some thought was pretty steep. My youth players, from what I paid to what they are.

R. Barkley - £4,000,000 > £5,140,000

A. Laporte - £1,750,000 > £5,640,000

J. Campbell - £2,750,000 > £6,380,000

C. Jenkinson - £600,000 > £6,320,000

W. Silva - £1,100,000 > £1,950,000

C. Chambers - £750,000 > £720,000

E. Frimpong - £3,000,000 > £2,610,000

Team of the Round

Round 13

Whats up guys. Here is my team of the round for the games played on Saturday 28th September 2013. A player from each division makes the team this time around, Division 3 had many candidates apart from the four that made it, a great day for players in that division. I have decided to use a 3-4-3 formation today.

Goalkeeper: Schwarzer (Stoke)

Right Center Back: Caceres (Plymouth)

Center Back: Russ (Watford)

Left Center Back: Henrique (Middlesrough)

Right Midfield: Musa (Gillingham)

Center Midfield: Noboa (Swindon)

Center Midfield: Bonaventura (Leyton Orient)

Left Midfield: Melgarejo (Gillingham)

Right Striker: Volland (Bury)

Centrer Forward: Totti (Oldham)

Left Striker: Kleber (Coventry)

Div 1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Swindon midfielder Christian Noboa. The Ecuador International put in a fine display from the middle of the park, and was the main reason for Swindons 4-0 win over Portsmouth. After Pavlyuchenko opened the scoring, Noboa stole the show by scoring twice before half-time, and completed his hat-trick in the 74th minute. A well deserved man of the match award, and takes his tally to 10 goals this season, quite impressive for a midfielder.

In second place is Gillingham midfielder Ahmed Musa. Having spent three seasons at the Gills, the Nigerian sealed a dream move to Premier league Champions Manchester United. He was loaned back to Gillingham for the season to continue his developement. He is beginning to show why United spent big on him after scoring a hat-trick in an 8-1 win over Wolves. Musa also assisted two goals for his team mates.

This weeks winner goes to the other Gillingham winger, Lorenzo Melgarejo!!!

gznm.jpg

It was hard to just include two Gillingham players into the team of the round, all of there players played very well in the 8-1 win over former Premiership champions Wolves. Melgarejo torn the Wolves defense to shreds, as he put in a master-class of passing and crossing to create an incredible FIVE goals. The Paraguayan also shown he has more to his game, as he also scored the third goal of the game. One of the star players in Division two this season, already notching up 12 goals and 19 assists!

Morecambe hold Peterborough

Luis Veigas earned a draw with Morecambe against Peterborough United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Morecambe and Peterborough United in their Division 3 fixture.

Ranégie was on the scoresheet for his side.

A very important point gained there on the 88th minute by Ranegie to keep us just above relegation and taking Peterborough from 3 down to 4th!

Very pleased with that point!