English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

goalless draw debut againt Sean's Doncaster. this was a game we really needed to win but it could have been worse :rolleyes::rolleyes:

jeez, 29 shots, 18 on target, between the 2 teams, and no goals. we must have really good keepers

Blackpool miss the chance to move to the top of the premier league after slipping to a 3-2 defeat against Sunderland. Instead they drop out of the champions league places into fifth.

Marchisio opened the scoring for Blackpool, but sunderland quickly pulled ahead with goals from Menez and Farfan. Carlos Tevez made it 2-2 at the break. Sunderlands winner came on the hour through man of the match Gonzalo Rodriguez (A player we failed to sign last month to add insult to injury :()

Another big test at the weekend, where we travel to sixth place Plymouth

Div 1

WEST HAM 1 LEEDS 1

Two of the promoted sides ground out a draw whilst the other, Middlesbro kept up their spectacular season back in Div 1.

Leeds have a 8-8-8 record - and are consolidating slowly, but a string of draws have ruined our hopes of a top ten finish.

West Ham sit in 15th , 3 points above the drop zone - they should stay up though in spite of also being in a slump.

Lukaku scored for West Ham in the first half with Pizczek equalising very late on.

A result that helps neither side improve its position.

Great week for Sunderland,after a 4-1 win over Hull in the Cup semi-final we managed to go and beat Blackpool away from home.

Keeps us in 8th but only 5 points off top spot.

Crazy how tight Div 1 is,and anyone can win the league this year.

Div 1

WEST HAM 1 LEEDS 1

Two of the promoted sides ground out a draw whilst the other' date=' Middlesbro kept up their spectacular season back in Div 1.

Leeds have a 8-8-8 record - and are consolidating slowly, but a string of draws have ruined our hopes of a top ten finish.

West Ham sit in 15th , 3 points above the drop zone - they should stay up though in spite of also being in a slump.

Lukaku scored for West Ham in the first half with [b']Pizczek equalising very late on.[/b]

A result that helps neither side improve its position.

I should have won.

Apologies for not being active in this thread for a long time. Barely log in SM now.

;2749653']I really do not understand what I am doing wrong.

First all 89+ team' date=' first 91 rated player, and sit 18th. Brilliant.[/quote']

mate, dont worry about it, just one of those seasons.

look at clubs like Man City, Leeds, Everton...

all suffered relegation.....but look at Everton this season, and City won Div 2 and then in season 4 won Div 1

and Leeds....well..............:o

bet you get promoted next season

;2750152']mate' date=' dont worry about it, just one of those seasons.

look at clubs like Man City, Leeds, Everton...

all suffered relegation.....but look at Everton this season, and City won Div 2 and then in season 4 won Div 1

and Leeds....well..............:o

bet you get promoted next season[/quote']

Hello?

I see Leeds mentioned twice without written permission. What about our image rights?

Truly, it's been a mediocre season for us - but if 3-4 results had gone for us we'd be challenging higher up.

I'll be up there next season - but Saints looked doomed and it's only the ex-Leeds players that are keeping them up (Fuchs, Grosskreutz, Zapata, Perotti)

Team of the Round

Round 14

Its that time again. Heres my team of the round for the matches played on Wednesday 2nd October. This time I have chose a 4-3-3 formation, as I didn't really find any wingers who performed that well.

Goalkeeper: Diego Alves (Fulham)

Right Back: Piszczek (Leeds)

Center Back: Burdisso (Stoke)

Center Back: Hangeland (Walsall)

Left Back: Andre Santos (Barnsley)

Center Midfield: Oliseh (Cardiff)

Center Midfield: Xavi (Arsenal)

Center Midfield: Van Der Vaart (Preston)

Right Striker: Edinho (Newport)

Center Striker: Rooney (Man United)

Left Striker: Wood (Dagenham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

No representatives from division 4 this round. Hopefully next round :)

In thid place is Barnsley left back Andre Santos. The former Brazil International and Arsenal man has found life in division 2 a bit easier than the premier league. Well renowed for his attacking attributes with 13 goals in 159 games for Barnsley. Once again he showed his quality going forward, as he created both goals in a 2-0 win against Wolves. A clean sheet against on of the strongest sides in the division capped a great day for the Brazilian, and just pipped Marcelo into the team of the week.

In second place is Arsenal midfielder Xavi. It is the first time the Spainish star has made a team of the round, quite a shock considering the quality he has. Xavi as usual controlled the game from midfield and set the tempo for Arsenal. He opened the scoring against Colchester with a well placed header, and minutes later set up his Spainish team-mate Xabi Alonso. In the 20th minute Xavi killed off the game with his second goal, a superb effort from outside the box catching Colchester keeper Gigi Buffon off guard.

This weeks winner has already had the honour of being voted player of the round, so well done for the second time Newport County Edinho!!!

5yln.jpg

Newports game against Altincham was arguably the game of the day, an eight goal thriller which Newport won 6-2. Despite not winning the man of the match award, Edinho was key for Newports victory. Edinho opened the scoring in the 5th minute with a neat flick from close range. With the game at 2-2 in the second half Edinhos lovely volleyed pass was finished by Zozulya. Edinho made it 4-2 with his second of the game and created the sixth with a well timed pass for Ciaran Clark. Two goals, two assists, not sure how he doesnt win man of the match but he wins my player of the round :) Edinho is currently runnin away with the golden boot in division five, scoring 19 goals in just 25 games.

Team of the Round

Round 14

Its that time again. Heres my team of the round for the matches played on Wednesday 2nd October. This time I have chose a 4-3-3 formation' date=' as I didn't really find any wingers who performed that well.

Goalkeeper: Diego Alves (Fulham)

Right Back: Piszczek (Leeds)

Center Back: Burdisso (Stoke)

Center Back: Hangeland (Walsall)

Left Back: Andre Santos (Barnsley)

Center Midfield: Oliseh (Cardiff)

Center Midfield: Xavi (Arsenal)

Center Midfield: Van Der Vaart (Preston)

Right Striker: Edinho (Newport)

Center Striker: Rooney (Man United)

Left Striker: Wood (Dagenham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

No representatives from division 4 this round. Hopefully next round :)

In thid place is Barnsley left back Andre Santos. The former Brazil International and Arsenal man has found life in division 2 a bit easier than the premier league. Well renowed for his attacking attributes with 13 goals in 159 games for Barnsley. Once again he showed his quality going forward, as he created both goals in a 2-0 win against Wolves. A clean sheet against on of the strongest sides in the division capped a great day for the Brazilian, and just pipped Marcelo into the team of the week.

In second place is Arsenal midfielder Xavi. It is the first time the Spainish star has made a team of the round, quite a shock considering the quality he has. Xavi as usual controlled the game from midfield and set the tempo for Arsenal. He opened the scoring against Colchester with a well placed header, and minutes later set up his Spainish team-mate Xabi Alonso. In the 20th minute Xavi killed off the game with his second goal, a superb effort from outside the box catching Colchester keeper Gigi Buffon off guard.

This weeks winner has already had the honour of being voted player of the round, so well done for the second time Newport County Edinho!!!

5yln.jpg

Newports game against Altincham was arguably the game of the day, an eight goal thriller which Newport won 6-2. Despite not winning the man of the match award, Edinho was key for Newports victory. Edinho opened the scoring in the 5th minute with a neat flick from close range. With the game at 2-2 in the second half Edinhos lovely volleyed pass was finished by Zozulya. Edinho made it 4-2 with his second of the game and created the sixth with a well timed pass for Ciaran Clark. Two goals, two assists, not sure how he doesnt win man of the match but he wins my player of the round :) Edinho is currently runnin away with the golden boot in division five, scoring 19 goals in just 25 games.

Great effort,but Rodriguez with a 9 man of the match and hitting the winning goal against Blackpool:p is considering suing:D

Rick James steered Manchester United to victory against West Bromwich Albion.

Manchester United beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Eriksen was on the scoresheet for his side.

After their result against West Bromwich Albion, Manchester United are now unbeaten in 16 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

After a disastrous start to the season which included a loss to Exeter in the Charity Shield, being knocked out in the first round of both the cup & shield & taking just 4 points from my first 9 matches and sitting bottom of the table (not to mention the off the field drama which plagued me for much of the start of the season). United have come storming back into title contention sitting 2nd on the table just two points back from Middlesbrough, pretty stoked with this turn around to be honest:D

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Everton.

Manchester City beat Everton 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Isco scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Van Persie and Agüero were also amongst the goalscorers.

Good win against Everton who were top of the table before kick off.

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Liverpool

Goals came from Hazard x2 and Muller. Very pleasing result against Frozy :D. Rather unlucky mate, Neuer had an amazing game as he kept out 15 shots on goal and also picked up the MOTM award. We need to start winning more, so hopefully this is one of many to come.

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Liverpool

Goals came from Hazard x2 and Muller. Very pleasing result against Frozy :D. Rather unlucky mate' date=' Neuer had an amazing game as he kept out 15 shots on goal and also picked up the MOTM award. We need to start winning more, so hopefully this is one of many to come.[/quote']

Well done Mar mate. It's just my typical season so nothing to worry about. Will just finish 17th again.

Or won't I? :(

Blackpool 3-1 Plymouth

Blackpool move back into third with victory at Plymouth.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (91) Pepe (92) Koscielny (90)

Navas (92) Tevez (93) Asamoah (91) Marchisio (92) Willian (91)

Walcott (91) Eto'o (92)

An awful start for us, as Plymouth scored in the opening minute through Perrin. It took until the second half for us to equalise as Willian scored his third goal of the season. Blackpool manager Marc Spicer changed formation on the hour to a more attacking 4-3-3 and the subsitution of Carlos Vela proved to be the difference. The Mexican's cross on the 70th minute was headed home by Samuel Eto'o, and Vela set up the third after his cross was tucked away by Navas.

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin was unable to prevent a Wigan Athletic defeat to Bath City.

Wigan Athletic slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Bath City in their Division 3 fixture.

Rodríguez was on the scoresheet for his side.

not going well at all, looks like i'm going to have to try something different as the usual setups just aren't working for me at this team at the moment

slight re-shuffle needed aswell i think, need to bring in a quality dc, and as my mids packed i'm making teixeira available looking for a straight swap of same rating, don't mind if the players a couple of years older as long as their playing well enough in real life at the moment

After a disastrous start to the season which included a loss to Exeter in the Charity Shield' date=' being knocked out in the first round of both the cup & shield & taking just 4 points from my first 9 matches and sitting bottom of the table (not to mention the off the field drama which plagued me for much of the start of the season). United have come storming back into title contention sitting 2nd on the table just two points back from Middlesbrough, pretty stoked with this turn around to be honest:D[/quote']

phenomenal

Written off a bit too early by certain managers, it seems.