• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against York City.

Morecambe beat York City 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Cássio had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Ighalo was on the scoresheet for his side.

Another 3 very important points, but still leaving us only 2 points from safety!

After a disastrous start to the season which included a loss to Exeter in the Charity Shield' date=' being knocked out in the first round of both the cup & shield & taking just 4 points from my first 9 matches and sitting bottom of the table (not to mention the off the field drama which plagued me for much of the start of the season). United have come storming back into title contention sitting 2nd on the table just two points back from Middlesbrough, pretty stoked with this turn around to be honest:D[/quote']

good going Rick but I suspect the dodgy start is part of SM giving previous division 1 winners a handicap the following season, I have seen it happen too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Gozzy Pratama steered Leyton Orient to victory against Chesterfield.

Leyton Orient outclassed Chesterfield and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Ronaldinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bonaventura and Coloccini were also amongst the goalscorers.

Solid win for Orient,bring us to 3rd in Division 4 with 49 points. Orient are in good run lately with 5 straight wins,nice to see some consistency. Bonaventura is in hot form for us with 4 goals in last 4 games,making it difficult to drop him,so Lodi and Behrami is competing right now for another spot in CM

Solid win for Orient' date='bring us to 3rd in Division 4 with 49 points. Orient are in good run lately with 5 straight wins,nice to see some consistency. Bonaventura is in hot form for us with 4 goals in last 4 games,making it difficult to drop him,so Lodi and Behrami is competing right now for another spot in CM[/quote']

Its very tight top of the table. Aldershot - 1st Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good going Rick but I suspect the dodgy start is part of SM giving previous division 1 winners a handicap the following season' date=' I have seen it happen too many times for it to be a coincidence.[/quote']

second this, and when you have a cup run too your league form is terrible.

and the cup winners seem to struggle the following season also

;2751269']second this' date=' and when you have a cup run too your league form is terrible.

and the cup winners seem to struggle the following season also[/quote']

I found the same...

Once did the double in a game world where I had the best team by a mile - and then finished 15th next season and out of both cups by round 2.

Couldn't buy a win - but I think it will always punish you for sticking with the same tactics.

You have to mix it up after you've won a title. When I started tinkering I eventually started winning again.

Torquay United FC

Div4

Boy, this is one tough division - putting three consecutive wins together is an achievement in itself such is the intensity within this GW. Great stuff and a credit to all who compete in it.

Torquay have hit a run of draws during the past fortnight but still remain handily positioned for play-off contention - no mean feat given they were bottom three mid-July.

17 games remaining and everyone down to lower mid-table is in with a shout given a solid run-in.

Love it !!!

It seems that based on Transfer Values that Southampton might of taken the lead in the race for highly rated teenage striker Chuba Akpom.

Latest reports show that the deal could be hitting near 4.1m including agents fees. It is a hefty sum to invest into a player, but it has worked in the past.

This looks like the end of the short-road for Brazillian Wellington Silva, an Arsenal youth which will be available for £2,000,000 if the deal is indeed the one that has gone through.

Sort of my plan, to use the money from the Rafael deal to get some hot youth into the team, with this addition could have the best crop of players.

;2752510']It seems that based on Transfer Values that Southampton might of taken the lead in the race for highly rated teenage striker Chuba Akpom.

Latest reports show that the deal could be hitting near 4.1m including agents fees. It is a hefty sum to invest into a player' date=' but it has worked in the past.

This looks like the end of the short-road for Brazillian Wellington Silva, an Arsenal youth which will be available for £2,000,000 if the deal is indeed the one that has gone through.[/quote']

If ever I've seen £4.1m flushed down the toilet :P

275052d1347393456-sheffield-united-boyhood-dream-sufc.png

Sheffield United Transfer News

Over the last 3 weeks we have brought 8 new young players into the squad. For a combined fee over just over 11M (I love European football!).

HAYDEN, Isaac

RAMÍREZ, Sandro

ARAÚJO, Vinícius

GAFAROT, Lucas

ALLI, Dele

DE SA, Lesley

KOCH, Menno

JANKO, Saidy

I really hope that in 2 or 3 years time, one of them might be good enough to bring on as a sub in cup game.

Hello 7777, it's been a while! I've been meaning to pull my finger out and try my best to gain interest in this setup again for a while, and until now that hasn't happened. Me losing interest had nothing to do with anybody on the forum/in the game world ("it's not you, it's me" :P) if anybody was thinking that (although I'm sure you haven't minded Preston taking up a spot in the relegation zone for the entire season so far), but instead it was just me and my lazy self not being arsed to be active in anymore than 2 setups. This is still one of the best GW's on SM and I've been letting a division one side rot away for quite a while, so sorry about that. I just couldn't let go of what was once by far my favourite side on SM, as I knew one day I'd want to start becoming active again (like today!).

Anyway, it's time to doll up this Preston squad a bit and try and stay in division one, so I've decided to sell off the general 'tosh' in the squad and use the money I get from that to put towards buying new players. So, the first bit of North End business in months sees Pablo Hernandez switch The Liberty for Deepdale in a move worth £10M. I don't really have much quality in depth out on the wings, so Pablo's arrival has been long overdue really. Good player that plays for a side I really enjoy watching in the premiership (which is always an extra incentive for me ;)) and in Europe, so for straight cash I'm happy. Will's always been good to deal with from my person experience, and this time was no different. He was very quick to accept my offer (is that worrying? :P) so thanks for that. Nice doing business with you :)

The offer for Pablo HERNÁNDEZ of Birmingham City from Preston North End has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Will's always been good to deal with from my person experience' date=' and this time was no different. He was very quick to accept my offer (is that worrying? :P) so thanks for that. Nice doing business with you :)[/quote']

Cheers mate and no it was just when I had logged on that I accepted haha!

I will be looking to reinvest the money I am getting into the squad. Most likely looking for a Right Back or a quality under 30 year old that will add to my team considerably. Either no or in the future.

Willing to use two of Lampard, Ruiz, Sow and up to 15 million for a CM/AM/Winger of real quality or talent aswell if anyone is interested?

Team of the Round

Round 15

A bit later than planned, but here is my team of the round for games played on Saturday 5th October 2013. Going for a 3-5-2 formation as not many stand out right backs at the weekend.

Goalkeeper: Neuer (Liverpool)

Center Back: Capoue (Burnely)

Center Back: Astori (Brighton)

Center Back: Pisano (Bristol City)

Right Midfield: Lazazette (West Ham)

Center Midfield: Fede (Wimbledon)

Center Midfield: Glushakov (Nottingham Forest)

Center Midfield: Cambiasso (Fulham)

Left Midfield: Raffael (Tranmere)

Striker: Remy (Burnley)

Striker: Traore (Brighton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Burnley striker Loic Remy. It has been a difficult season for Burnley, and a dissapointing one for France International Loic Remy. Having scored only 4 league goals 20 appearances it was apparant he was short of confidence. However this game could turn Remy's and Burnleys season around as he scored a superb hat-trick in a 5-0 win over Wolves. His first two goals were sweetly stuck free-kicks, and the hat-trick goal came in the 86th minute blasting a shot into the top corner.

In second place is Tranmere winger Raffael. Like Remy, this season has been dissapointing in front of goal for Raffael with only 3 goals before the weekend. That is way short of last seasons impressive tally of 21 goals. Raffael doubled his season tally with a hat-trick in a 5-1 win over Cheltenham. After opening the scoring in the 2nd minute, Raffael scored his second with a well placed header before the break. Raffael played a part in Tranmeres third, finding Kris Commons with a space to claim an assist. Raffaels hat-trick was complete on the hour from the penalty spot. The win edges Tranmere away from the relegation zone, and with the club looking for a new manager it could be a perfect time to take over.

This weeks winner was a tough choice, but I have given it to Brighton defender Davide Astori!!!

xmr3.jpg

No very often a defender wins this award, but Astori was outstanding in Brightons 6-0 thrasing of Coventry. The Italian International surprised everyone by taking a direct free-kick to scored Brightons second goal. Astori must be practicing the free-kicks alot in training after his cross was heading home by Alvaro Negredo. Astori stuck again late on from a dead ball situation, going for power over placement this time and still finding the top corner. That makes it four goals this season for Astori, equaling his record best, and with accurate free kicks like on Saturday he is sure to add a few more

before the season ends :)

Managed to sign Remy last night. Paid a lot for him but feel he is really starting to express himself in the Premiership now. Also played his way into the international squad so bigger clubs may come calling soon.

Also managed to sell Zhirkov for 10 million, after his drop. Before the drop no bids at all, but once he has dropped there was a 10 mill bid straight in!

"Aldershot´s Players Stats"

dbvt.png

Best Defender - Scott Dann

Best Midfielder - Dean Whitehead

Best Forward - Sterling (Aston Villa)

Best U-80 R - Lee Tomlin

Best U-23 - Ryan Bennet

Best U-21 - Casnos

Best U-19 - Sterling (Aston Villa)

Golden Boot - Sterling (Aston Villa)

Assist Leader - Whitehead

Best Loanie - Sterling (Aston Villa)

Most Valuable Player - Sterling (Aston Villa)