English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Anyone else having issues with this game?

I cant set my tactics (Wont let me press the tactics button) Or any of the links on that bar like Squad' date=' Schedule etc.

Theres a giant advert covering them, and the message/friends section is now covering it too. Is there another way to set tactics otherwise I cant set any of my teams as im not online tomorrow.

Very frustrating[/quote']

Fine for me mate.Tactics no problem.

Anyone else having issues with this game?

I cant set my tactics (Wont let me press the tactics button) Or any of the links on that bar like Squad' date=' Schedule etc.

Theres a giant advert covering them, and the message/friends section is now covering it too. Is there another way to set tactics otherwise I cant set any of my teams as im not online tomorrow.

Very frustrating[/quote']

Copy this link mate. http://www.soccermanager.com/club.php?action=tactics. If doesn´t wortk, just copy action=tactics. after http://www.soccermanager.com/club.php?.

I hope it works;)

Manchester United 1-3 Colchester

I have really not started well in this setup since I joined, not surprised though the amount of times I have changed the formation about but tonight I have picked up a solid 3-1 away win against United, that was my first win in many games.

I haven't posted many reports on here in the last month, will try to get a few more done in the next few weeks and will try to be more active in the transfer market, but I'm hoping we can pick up some more victories as we are unfortunately now involved in a relegation battle.

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Crystal Palace.

Manchester City beat Crystal Palace 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Isco scored the winner for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sneaked it against Crystal Palace, Isco got the only goal of the game, we go up a place to 8th.

Made three changes to the squad what beat Shorpe, Ranocchia, Isco and Kagawa came in for Martins Indi, Paulinho and the injured Kompany.

We face Sunderland next.

Manchester United 1-3 Colchester

I have really not started well in this setup since I joined' date=' not surprised though the amount of times I have changed the formation about but tonight I have picked up a solid 3-1 away win against United, that was my first win in many games.

I haven't posted many reports on here in the last month, will try to get a few more done in the next few weeks and will try to be more active in the transfer market, but I'm hoping we can pick up some more victories as we are unfortunately now involved in a relegation battle.[/quote']

Well done mate, brings me crashing back down to earth. top 4 clash against Middlesbrough coming up next

Blackpool 1-2 Spurs

Another frustrating defeat for Blackpool, made worse as its against a title rival. Blackpool created more chances but were denied by an inform Akinfeev. Spurs took an early two goal lead through Lavezzi and Lulic. Blackpol pulled on back with Samuel Eto'os 14th league goal of the season. Despite bossing the second half Blackpool failed to capitalise and lose back to back league games for the first time this season.

"I am loving football again. After my terrible injury last season and fitness issues I feared the club would sell me. But the manager has shown alot of faith in me and I feel back at my best. I feel confident in front of goal again and hopefully it continues as I dream of winning the golden boot. It is a shame we are in a bad spell, but if we keep playing like we are then the results will come"

-Samuel Eto'o

Blackpool drop 5 points behind new leaders Spurs, and will look to turn the form around the return of Champions League football on Tuesday.

Also the wage bill is becoming uncontrollable now at Blackpool. Each week losing around £500,000 and close to debt now :(

I dont know how I can even reduce the wage bill to break even apart from selling every player and buying 89 or lower, which would likely result in relegation and will then lose more money :/ SM should really make it so we can improve stadiums with our budget otherwise there is no way to improve this team (Im sure other small prem teams are in the same boat with high rated players). Even if I sold Tevez, Eto'o, Navas and Pepe I will still lose £250,000 a week so would be pointless to sell them.

Just wondered if anyone had ideas to help, as I really dont want to get into serious amount of debt but it looks inevitable. Send me a PM if you know a good solution please :)

Unbeaten run stretches to 4 games for Morecambe!

Tonight we put in another brilliant performance against a much stronger side of Portsmouth!

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Portsmouth.

Morecambe beat Portsmouth 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Diop scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ciano and Ighalo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Ighalo has now scored 5 in 3 games and 1 sub appearance!

Debutantes Diop scores one and Torun assists 2 goals!

Over the moon with the result and performance tonight!

Still only 5 points from a playoff spot!!

Also the wage bill is becoming uncontrollable now at Blackpool. Each week losing around £500' date='000 and close to debt now :(

I dont know how I can even reduce the wage bill to break even apart from selling every player and buying 89 or lower, which would likely result in relegation and will then lose more money :/ SM should really make it so we can improve stadiums with our budget otherwise there is no way to improve this team (Im sure other small prem teams are in the same boat with high rated players). Even if I sold Tevez, Eto'o, Navas and Pepe I will still lose £250,000 a week so would be pointless to sell them.

Just wondered if anyone had ideas to help, as I really dont want to get into serious amount of debt but it looks inevitable. Send me a PM if you know a good solution please :)[/quote']

Sell Tevez to me,that will help:p

In all seriousness,should have the option to add more seats,especially a team such as Blackpool that overachieve.

In real life if a team such as Blackpool were consistently challenging for the title and finishing in the champions league places,then a new stadium/more seats would be a must

Needs to be looked at in my opinion.

Congrats to Scunny on the win,tonight rested some key players for the cup final but a great result for the Scunny,well done Riece:)

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE IN FREEFALL!!

Although plymouth have only won 1 game in their last nine and fell from 1st to 10th position in 4 weeks the chairman came out this morning assuring fans that legendery manager and club icon David Crawfords job is safe!!

Birmingham managed a stirring fight back last night against a very strong Blackburn team. We were 2-0 down in the 71st minute when a superb individual effort from new boy Remy cut the deficit. Remy again stepped up in the 89th minute to fire in the equaliser. We had 67% possession but lacked the cutting edge before Remy moved up top, so that will be something we have to look into!

Morecambe Strengthen!

With the fixtures mounting up for the final run of the season seeing clubs in lower division having to play 3 games a week soon, Morecambe decide to strengthen and add more depth to the team to cope with the hectic schedule.

The deals for Adam HLOUSEK and Selçuk ŞAHİN for a combined fee of £6.9m.

16680.jpg . 8663.jpg

Hlousek and Sahin

I'm very pleased they both agreed to join the club, I'm sure they will be very valuable players now and in the future for Morecambe. They don't just add depth but some decent quality. They both are very aware that no one is guarantied a spot in the first XI so they will have to work hard to get and stay there. They know they will get their chances this season with the crazy schedule building up!

Morecambe have also signed an exciting talent, Stefano OKAKA from Parma for a fee of £3,320,000.

9634.jpg

Okaka

Okaka has had previous spells in the country with the likes of Crystal Palace, Exeter and Rochdale but failed to make any real impact.

Okaka is a talent I really admire and that I'm very confident in succeeding with Morecambe. Again not just adding a bit of depth up front but also quality to what we already have here. I'm very excited about the times at Morecambe, and some of the recent buys for Morecambe can only mean and show how far we have come!

Next up in the league we travel to Bury on Wednesday!

Forrest 2 - 3 Liverpool

Despite having most of the ball, somehow we still made it difficult for ourselves. Our goals came from Muller x2 and Ozil came up with the winner a few minutes after the hour mark when the score was still 2 - 2. We climb up to 10th, and at the moment, I would say all first 11 teams are still in the title challenge.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Swindon Town and Notts County in their Division 3 fixture.

Natcho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bebras Natcho's first half strike cancelled out County's earlier penalty. At half time I made a tactical switch and brought Jake Livermore on for Igor Lolo.

So I was quite when surprised to read that, half way through the second half, Lolo was making a run and crossing into the box!! I have no idea how he managed to sneak back onto the pitch but, thankfully, the referee didn't seem to notice. I will have a word with Lolo tomorrow and explain the rules of football to him again and that, when he has been substituted, he has to stay on the bench :P

Artem Dzyuba put us in front but in the last 10 minutes County put us under some intense pressure and their persistence finally paid off for them when Riquelme equalised in the final minute.

I am happy that our unbeaten run has now stretched to 6 games and I am sure David will be happy with a point that drags his team out of the relegation zone.

Diarra and Zabaleta told to leave

Blackpool will begin the task of lowering the wage bill by telling Lass Diarra and Pablo Zabaleta that there time is up at the club.

Diarra only arrived at the end of last season for £13 million from Aston Villa. Despite a decent debut season, the club look to recoup there £13million and next season will give bigger roles to youngsters Francis Coquelin and Romulo.

Pablo Zabaleta i'm sure will interest many managers. Currently in open negotiations with Manchester United which could anger his former City fans. No concrete deal yet so make a bid if interested. Needs to be cash and an 89/88 rated replacment (Ideally not someone useless or too old). Or can be a very good low rated talent(s)

The club will likely sell more players once these two are gone, and the club will publish a statement in a few days time.

Sorry to all custom setup owner. I have came to a decision that I'll leave SM game entirely and only spend sometimes on forum. The decision is mainly due to the awful match engine, been a year and half since I joined and no improvement on that aspect. It will only be a waste of time on my part to continue playing this game. Cheers.

Well, the humble Newport keeps pushing forward but unfortunately near the average :)

The 10th place 'til now is really an improvement compared to last season, but 13 wins, 5 draws and 13 losses are still far from getting us out of Div5.

Let's see what happens when we start having games on Monday again.

Good luck!

Marchisio and Zabaleta dropped for return of Champions League

Blackpool have announced there starting line-up which will face Fenerbache in the first league of the Champions League last 16. After being told he could leave the club, it is not a susprise to see Pablo Zabaleta on the bench, however does the Italians exclusion mean his future at Bloomfield Road is coming to and end?

Blackpool team to face Fenerbache

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Pepe (92) Koscielny (90)

Navas (92) Tevez (93) Asamoah (91) Vela (90) Willian (91)

Walcott (91) Eto'o (92)