English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Team of the Round

Round 16

Hey everyone. Apologies for missing team of the round for games played on Wednesday 9th, but I was really busy last week. Anyway here is my team of the round for matches played on Saturday 12th September 2013, playing in a 3-5-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Weidenfeller (Wolves)

Center Back: Garcia (Sheffield United)

Center Back: Astori (Brighton)

Center Back: Zouma (Crewe)

Right Midfield: Remy (Birmingham)

Center Midfield: Pastore (Fulham)

Center Midfield: Muller (Liverpool)

Center Midfield: Salvio (Derby)

Left Midfield: Melgarejo (Gillingham)

Striker: Sow (Burnley)

Striker: Briand (Northampton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

An outstanding week for players in Division 2. Six of the eleven, the highest amount of players from one division so far from my team of the rounds.

In third place is a previous winner of the team of the round, which is Gillinghams Lorenzo Melgarejo. When winning the team of the round in round 13, Melgarejo assisted five goals. He was not as good this time around, but still managed to create all four of Gillinghams goals in a 4-3 win over MK Dons. The most creative player this season in the setup, notching 23 assists in 24 games.

In second place is Crewe defender Kurt Zouma. The France u-21 International is one of division 4's hottest talents with his defensive qualities and leadership skills with the Captains armband at just 18 years old. Zouma opened the scoring in the 10th minute with a curler into the top corner. Zouma was solid at the back as his team moved into a 4-0 lead. On the hour Zouma scored his second of the game with another lovely long range effort. A performance that looked certain to win player of the round, however conceding a late goal denied him that honour. Crewe ran out 6-1 winners against Bradford.

This weeks player of the round goes to the Burnley striker Moussa Sow!!

7gc7.jpg

Burnley fans were outraged with the sale of Loic Remy last Tuesday, a deal which saw Moussa Sow move to Burnley. However this excellent debut against Chelsea will surely keep the fans happy with a new hero. It took just a minute for him to open his account with a well placed free-kick into the top corner. Chelsea leveled through Higuain. It was Sow who assisted in Burnleys second, a delicate flick through to Arda Turan to make it 2-1. A historic victory was sealed in the 71s minute with a thunderous strike from Sow which Cech could get no where near.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Div 1

EVERTON 4 LEEDS 5

Leeds nick a thriller

A Dzagoev goal 4 minutes from time saw Leeds pinch the points and put a dent in The Toffees title hopes.

Denisov bagged a hat trick, and Grosskreutz got Leeds' only "non Russian" goal.

Almost blew it - leading 4-2 we got hauled back to 4-4 before Dzagoev worked his magic to gain under fire manager, the Butcher, a reprieve as he fights to save his job.

DG-1-1-6108540.jpg

Reading 4-0 Stoke

Reading gubbed Stoke City by 4 goals tonight in front of 8'072 long suffering supporters and showed signs that they could bounce straight back up next season playing under these new tactics.

Goals from licevic, Marlos, Ki, and a Ghilas penalty took the points and showed the clubs supporters that the Chairman was right in bringing in Gaz as the new Manager.

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Swindon Town.

Wigan Athletic beat Swindon Town 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Osvaldo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Schieber, ángel and Danilo were amongst the goalscorers.

Crystal Palace 0-5 Colchester

Colchester have finally picked up there first consecutive victories for ages! A good week for Colchester here as with some results going our way we are (for the time being) 4 points clear of relegation after winning our last two games! I'm hoping these results start to continue as I have struggled since joining this setup but now we are improving. One thing is for sure, this win will definately help out our goal difference.

Morecambe win again

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Bury.

Morecambe beat Bury 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ighalo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Okaka was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Okaka scores just 1 minute into his debut, couldn't have wished for a better start to be honest! Ighalo continues his good form with another goal.

That's now 4 wins in a row, 5 unbeaten...B)

Now only 3 points from a playoff spot

Blackpool 2-1 Aston Villa

After a slight dip in form its nice to get back to winning ways. Samuel Eto'o headed in the opener in the eighth minute from Tevez's free-kick. The Cameroon Internationals 15th league goal of the season, equalizing his best tally. Theo Walcott, who scored against Fenerbache on Tuesday, doubled the lead before the break. Villa pulled one back through Alexandre Pato. Blackpool did have the ball in the net for a third, but Eto'o was judged to be offside.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Pepe (92) Koscielny (90) Zabaleta (91)

Marchisio (92) Meireles (91)

Walcott (91) Tevez (93) Willian (91)

Eto'o (92)

The win moves us back into the Champions League places, with a massive game against Arsenal at the weekend.

Marchisio set for Old Trafford Dream Move

uzoa.jpg

Blackpool have agreed a deal with Manchester United for the sale of Italian International Claudio Marchisio. After Blackpool announced last week of its financial issues, it was apparent that a number of star players would need to be sold. Marchisio is the first of potentially four depatures from Bloomfield Road.

"I am sad to be leaving Blackpool. I had a good relationship with my team mates and got on very well with the manager. It is a shame to hear about the trouble they are having financially and I hope that they can bounce back. There was interest from a couple of clubs, but I have dreamed of playing at Old Trafford for a long time so I am excited for the challenge".

-Claudio Marchiso

The fee is reported to be £12.9million, and will see promising talents Douglas Costa and Ravel Morrison join Blackpool.

unf4.jpg

Douglas Costa says hes excited to link up with former team-mate Willian

"I never intend to sell the clubs best players, and I understand the fans disappointment with this transfer, especially as its to one of our strongest rivals. However for the sustainability of the club this deal and a few others need to happen. The cash is a huge boost for us, and we have managed to negotiate two very exciting players to replace Claudio. I want to think him for his excellent work at the club, and wish him well at United".

-Marc Spicer.

Marchiso already had a spell in Manchester, however it was for the blue half of the City. Claudio made 30 league appearances for Blackpool, scoring just the one goal. It is believed that Pablo Zabaleta, Raul Meieres and Lassana Diarra are the players Blackpool look to sell to try and reduce the wage bill by £100,000

Crystal Palace 0-5 Colchester

Colchester have finally picked up there first consecutive victories for ages! A good week for Colchester here as with some results going our way we are (for the time being) 4 points clear of relegation after winning our last two games! I'm hoping these results start to continue as I have struggled since joining this setup but now we are improving. One thing is for sure' date=' this win will definately help out our goal difference.[/quote']

Your only 2 points clear mate.

Im 18th with 25 points and your 17th with 27 points

Clarence SEEDORF has completed his move to Morecambe from Botafogo!!!

Morecambe have taken a so called gamble (in many people's eyes) by bringing in a 37 year old who probably has every chance of a rating decrease soon. Seedorf wasn't brought in for the future, he was brought in for NOW! To give us that little bit extra to help us push for promotion, just like Del Piero who has done excellent for us.

16718.jpg

These two have tons of experience and know exactly whats expected of them, and I'm extremely confident that both will do all they can to help Morecambe be successful in chasing this seasons dream! Promotion!

Can we make it two promotions in 2 seasons!?

DG-1-1-6108540.jpg

Reading 4-0 Stoke

Reading gubbed Stoke City by 4 goals tonight in front of 8'072 long suffering supporters and showed signs that they could bounce straight back up next season playing under these new tactics.

Goals from licevic' date=' Marlos, Ki, and a Ghilas penalty took the points and showed the clubs supporters that the Chairman was right in bringing in Gaz as the new Manager. [/b']

Garry,

i am intrigued to know if your special shirt sponsor got there wish.

Please tell me if Rose did wait?

Div 2

Hull 2-3 Charlton

After 3 losses in a row we had to get our form back, but we were up against 4th placed Hull which was going to be difficult. Then when we went down 2-0 after just 7 mins it looked like we would never remember how to win again. However, after 26 mins, Dos Santos spotted a run by Alvaro who hit it first time and it went in the back of the net. This started off the comeback where Alvaro netted a 2nd 4 mins later, and then his hattrick in the 66th min. I'm pleased with the result and hope we can continue winning again to get promotion.

HEREFORD debt of 27.5M might become a problem, the milk bill hasn't been paid for 11 months and Shropshire dairies have threatened legal action if it isn't paid by Sunday.

Bertie is on one of his trips to Greece and leaving Maud in charge isn't a big help.

Work on the big industrial estate has never really started after the temporary closure a few months ago, maintenance around the ground and at the refugee centre has become almost non existent.

The strippers in the night club now look like they would prefer to be at the bingo, as usual, i'll be the last to now what is going on.

Team of the Round

Round 17

Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 16th October 2013. Some much better performances from players in all divisions this week, made picking player of the round quite a challenge. This team will be a standard 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Jefferson (Reading)

Right Back: Zanetti (Leyton Orient)

Center Back: Kaminski (Tranmere)

Center Back: Bartra (Exeter)

Left Back: Orban (Barrow)

Right Midfield: Cauna (Rushden & Diamonds)

Center Midfield: Denisov (Leeds) Division 1

Center Midfield: Fernando (Colchester)

Left Midfield: Kasaev (Ipswich)

Striker: Destro (Ipswich)

Striker: Saivet (Tamworth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

Could have probably made two teams for this week. Had to leave a lot of players who performed very well during the week.

In third place is Russian midfielder Igor Denisov of Leeds United. Leeds are settling into Division one nicely after last seasons promotion. Denisov has established himself as one of the first names on the team-sheet, doing the dirty work in midfield to allow the creative players to do there work. Judging Wednesdays game at Everton, Denisov stopped doing his defensive work as Leeds conceded four for the first time this season. However the Russian put in a great display going forward, scoring his first premier league hat-trick which helped Leeds to a 5-4 win.

Second place was very hard to choose, as I feel both these players should win player of the round. But there has to be one winner. So I gave second place to Tamworth striker Henri Saivet. Tamworth put in the performance of the round, thrashing Cambridge Nine-0. Saivet had a huge role to play in this, scoring five and assisting one. The Senegalese striker scored two lovely free-kicks and a header to claim his hat-trick. Two late penalties were also well taken by Saivet. Those five goals move Saivet to the top of the scoring charts in Division five, level with former player of the round winner Edinho.

An unlucky second place, and it takes some doing to beat that. But one player was just a little bit more impressive, and the winner is Rushden midfielder Aleksandrs Cauna!!!

5ov2.jpg

The Versatile Cauna played on the right of midfield for Rushden against Darlington on Wednesday night. Like Saivet this was also a five star performance from the Latvian international. He completed his hat-trick in the first half by the 35th minute. Cauna also scored twice shortly after the break to give Rushden a 5-0 lead, and the game finished 6-1. It was a tough choice, and usually the assist would have gave Saivet the win, but five goals from midfield is a huge achievement.

HEREFORD debt of 27.5M might become a problem, the milk bill hasn't been paid for 11 months and Shropshire dairies have threatened legal action if it isn't paid by Sunday.

Surely someone on here knows about computers and can hack into the SM database to reset our debts and put us all back in credit?

If we all got the same amount then it couldn't be considered cheating,,,,, just a mild form of cyber communism....

New Accrington Stanley manager here. Bit of a debt problem but hopefully I can sort that out' date=' but priority is to avoid relegation which will be tough with only 14 games to go.

Really doesn't get much tougher than playing Chelsea in my first game in charge.[/font']

outstanding addition ;) I feel your pain, I took over stranded Reading and the players hate me :D

HEREFORD debt of 27.5M might become a problem' date=' the milk bill hasn't been paid for 11 months and Shropshire dairies have threatened legal action if it isn't paid by Sunday.

Bertie is on one of his trips to Greece and leaving Maud in charge isn't a big help.

Work on the big industrial estate has never really started after the temporary closure a few months ago, maintenance around the ground and at the refugee centre has become almost non existent.

The strippers in the night club now look like they would prefer to be at the bingo, as usual, i'll be the last to now what is going on.[/quote']

I can make a phone call to the chief of the Illuminati or the head of fight club if you like.

New Accrington Stanley manager here. Bit of a debt problem but hopefully I can sort that out' date=' but priority is to avoid relegation which will be tough with only 14 games to go.

Really doesn't get much tougher than playing Chelsea in my first game in charge.[/font']

Howay great to see you in the setup ;)