English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Lots of transfer activity happening in the past week or so over at Birmingham.

Ben Arfa, Defour, Prodl, Lampard, Erding, Ruiz, Hernandez, Sow and Zhirkov have all left for pastures new.

Lampard was a big loss, but his wages were too high for what he was contributing to the team. Ben Arfa likewise. A player of his talent should have been delivering more.

However, we have managed to bring in the following players for cash or p/e.

Van Ginkel

A large price tag, and he is injured. But I have faith that his talent will shine through at Chelsea. When Lampard moves on, I fill that he will fill the void.

Giuliano

Dnipro are on fire in Ukraine and this man is playing no small part in that. A talented player who maybe needs a move to realise his potential.

Heung min Son

A very very talented young man. Needs to add a few more goals to his game and he will ease into the 90s.

Maicon

His move to Roma seems to have sparked some life back into him. For cheap cash I cannot argue that he is perfect to fill the void at RB for me.

Remy

A player I like a lot. Should the charges against him not amount to anything, I see a bery successful premier league career for him.

Stranzl

Ageing now, but still a regular. Possibly has a shot at 89 for his consistent performances.

Kramer

Playing regularly, and starring, for the other Borussia team. Should see a heft rise to 87/8 this season.

Serero

Tasked with filling the void left by Eriksen. A steal if he fulfills this role.

Gouffran

Provides me with a lot more depth in a number of positions. Could hit 89 if he stars for Newcastle.

Junior Fernandes

Doing well on loan to Zagreb. Could hit 86 or even 87 and provides me with depth for the 3 matches a week coming up.

Gadzhibekov

Playing lots for the depleted Anzhi. Should hit 86 and his versatility provides depth.

Emelyanov

On loan to Shakhtars feeder club and playing well. Could break through in the near future.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Lots of transfer activity happening in the past week or so over at Birmingham.

Ben Arfa' date=' Defour, Prodl, Lampard, Erding, Ruiz, Hernandez, Sow and Zhirkov have all left for pastures new.

Lampard was a big loss, but his wages were too high for what he was contributing to the team. Ben Arfa likewise. A player of his talent should have been delivering more.

However, we have managed to bring in the following players for cash or p/e.............

.............[/quote']

You got some great buys there Will, Stranzl was one of my old players, i was tempted to go in with a bid too. He is one of the best defenders in Germany....if he was 10 years younger all the top clubs would be all over him. 89 for sure in the next 6 months...

Giuliano is class, he will move to a bigger club in the near future.

Maicon, wow what a steal, late bid to make the 2014 WC squad??

Kramer - great buy, shocked you let him go Chris!

Play Arsenal in the second leg of our 1st round SMFA Shield match tonight. We trail 0-1 from the first leg.

I've changed my tactics a stupid amount of times over the last hour.

I think I'd better leave it.

mmm...

I knew I shouldn't have played the way I did :P

Oh well. Need to finish in the top 10 for sure now!

Next up tomorrow is... Arsenal...again! I'll get it right this time!!!

Blackpool 3-2 Fenerbache (Blackpool win 4-3 on aggregate)

Blackpool left it very late, but have qualified for the quarter finals of the Champions League. With the club still looking for a suitable buyer for Pablo Zabaleta, he was once again benched for young Brazilian Danilo.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Pepe (92) Koscienly (90)

Navas (92) Willian (91) Meireles (91) Asamoah (91) Nani (92)

Walcott (91) Tevez (93)

Having drew the first game 1-1 at Bloomfield Road last week, Blackpool scored a crucial early away goal through Theo Walcott in the 8th minute.

A sloppy four minute spell in the second half saw Blackpools defence breached twice. First from Milos Krasic, and then by David Nugent. Blackpool needed another away goal to qualify, subsitute Carlos Vela with the important goal in the 83rd minute. Captain Carlos Tevez confirmed a win on the night with long range strike.

An all english quarter final (Damn you SM!!!!) against our premier league title rivals Tottenham. Second leg is at home which could prove vital.

;2763686']You got some great buys there Will' date=' Stranzl was one of my old players, i was tempted to go in with a bid too. He is one of the best defenders in Germany....if he was 10 years younger all the top clubs would be all over him. 89 for sure in the next 6 months...

Giuliano is class, he will move to a bigger club in the near future.

Maicon, wow what a steal, late bid to make the 2014 WC squad??

Kramer - great buy, shocked you let him go Chris![/quote']

I know, was umming and urming..... got a respectable amount of cash for him, with £4mil in profit, which i've used to buy Sergio ESCUDERO and Taleb JUANITO..... Hopefully they'll make up for it!

HEREFORD debt of 27.5M might become a problem' date=' the milk bill hasn't been paid for 11 months and Shropshire dairies have threatened legal action if it isn't paid by Sunday.

Bertie is on one of his trips to Greece and leaving Maud in charge isn't a big help.

Work on the big industrial estate has never really started after the temporary closure a few months ago, maintenance around the ground and at the refugee centre has become almost non existent.

The strippers in the night club now look like they would prefer to be at the bingo, as usual, i'll be the last to now what is going on.

Bertie's lawyer, dodgy Dave, was at the club office today going through some paperwork and he said he expects the dairy to carry out their legal action tomorrow morning.

Dave has been trying to contact Bertie for over a week now and has been ignored all this time.

he also said the clubs financial affairs don't look good but I don't have to worry as he cant see anyone else managing the club for the kind of money I earn.

BREAKING NEWS

Bertie Bigbullocks, Hereford owner and chairman has gone missing, presumed dead, from his boat off the coast of Greece.

He hasn't been seen since midnight last night and whilst the greek costguards are continuing their search, they don't hold out any hope of recovering Bertie alive.

The Greek costguard have stopped looking for Bertie, they dont have the biggest of budgets these days, not for foreigners anyway.

Had an long chat with dodgy Dave, Bertie's lawyer, apparently Maud and Bertie have a bit of a romantic history going back many years.

That does explain why she has held a job at the club for more than 30 years.

Now, unless a new will has been made in the last two years, Maud will inherit the club and all of Bertie's businessess, according to Dave.

Sad day.

The Greek costguard have stopped looking for Bertie' date=' they dont have the biggest of budgets these days, not for foreigners anyway.

Had an long chat with dodgy Dave, Bertie's lawyer, apparently Maud and Bertie have a bit of a romantic history going back many years.

Now, unless a new will has been made in the last two years, Maud will inherit the club and all of Bertie's businessess, according to Dave.

Sad day.[/quote']

The staff and players at Swindon Town Football Club wish to offer their condolences to everyone at Hereford.

Guest drseanfitz

Gareth BARRY has completed his move to Doncaster Rovers from Newcastle United for £9,666,000

will partner Lampard in the middle of the pitch. happy to have added these two to Brian Ruiz in my recent signings.

also brought in Lucio for a mere 3mil to strengthen the defence.

looking for one more CB, and can spend upto 15mil on a good one

HEREFORD debt of 27.5M might become a problem' date=' the milk bill hasn't been paid for 11 months and Shropshire dairies have threatened legal action if it isn't paid by Sunday.

Bertie is on one of his trips to Greece and leaving Maud in charge isn't a big help.

Work on the big industrial estate has never really started after the temporary closure a few months ago, maintenance around the ground and at the refugee centre has become almost non existent.

The strippers in the night club now look like they would prefer to be at the bingo, as usual, i'll be the last to now what is going on.

The Greek costguard have stopped looking for Bertie, they dont have the biggest of budgets these days, not for foreigners anyway.

Sad day.[/quote']

If they cant find the body you'll have to wait for 3 years for him to be officially declared dead!!!! Tough break!!

TheMar AFc steered Liverpool to victory against Colchester United.

Liverpool beat Colchester United 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Müller scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

M'vila and Messi were also amongst the goalscorers.

We continue our good form. We climb up to 9th, 3 points off 5th.

Wrexham 0-1 Accrington Stanley

Two games and two wins under my management for Accrington Stanley. Reyes scored early in the 7th minute and we controlled the game from there on.

Nordtveit sending off on the hour made for a tense last third of the game and we soaked up some pressure and tried to hit on the counter and held out for the win.

The only dampener on tonight's proceedings is the two teams directly above me won. 2 points behind Newcastle and 3 behind Chelsea now, so hopeful of staying up.

Guest drseanfitz

sean fitzpatrick steered Doncaster Rovers to victory against Coventry City.

Doncaster Rovers beat Coventry City 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Lampard scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ruiz and Gómez were also amongst the goalscorers.

nice debut from Frankie

Remy opened the scoring in a match we dominated. Sadly some bad luck meant Barnsley equalised in the 63rd minute. But the big man at the back steps up and smashes in a long range effort to nab us the win :D

Such a crucial win with the table being as close as it is.

Oh and SOP bad luck with the two injuries, sorry :o

Morecambe continue to impress

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Bristol Rovers.

Morecambe beat Bristol Rovers 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Diop and Del Piero were amongst the goalscorers.

Another fantastic performance against a team who fielded two class players in the likes of Llorente and Torres up front, both scoring but not being enough to defeat the mighty Morecambe!

Morecambe have now won 6 games in a row after beating Bristol Rovers setting a new club record.

Fantastic form we have hit, just like last season when I was starting to think we might be too weak for promotion and we hit form at the right time to get promoted.

Form wise, only Morecambe and Tranmere Rovers in div 4 who are on 100% from last 6 games!

So after that win we climb a place to 6th (yes we are in the playoff area) and we are only 8 points behind Forest Green who sit 2nd. Can we surprise everyone as we did last season and manage to grab 2nd again!? Hard task but never say never!

Blackpool 3-3 Nottingham Forest

Blackpool manager Marc Spicer has ruled his side out of the Premier League title race after his side failed to hold onto a lead on three occasions against Nottingham Forest.

"The lads played well, but I think a 7 point gap is too much for us to over haul at this stage of the season. We will continue to fight, but it looks like a two horse race now".

-Marc Spicer

Theo Walcott opened the scoring after a one-two with Tevez. A mad three minutes late in the first half seen the score at 2-2. With Cassano and Marcano both equalising for Forest, whilst Carlos Vela repeated his goal-scoring from the Champions League to make it 2-1. Carlos Tevez made it 3-2 to Blackpool. With three points looking secured, we were haunted by former player Denis Glushakov, who scored in the 85th minute.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Pepe (92) Koscienly (90)

Zabaleta (91)----Meireles (91)----Asamoah (91)

Willian (91)-----Vela (90)

Tevez (93)

Walcott (91)

Blackpool drop one place to third, two points clear in the Champions League Places.