English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The staff and players at Swindon Town Football Club wish to offer their condolences to everyone at Hereford.

thanks Nico, everyone around the club is a bit numb at the moment and a little concerned about the clubs future.

If they cant find the body you'll have to wait for 3 years for him to be officially declared dead!!!! Tough break!!

we have already been told not to worry about that, we have plenty of Greeks working here and they have already told us that they have contacts that will use any old body for official purposes, wont cost much either.

Forest Green Rovers have stuck a card in the post.

thanks Jack, I have just been onto the pitch and found it, very touching.

i'm glad you didn't put it into the crossbar, I would never have reached it.

HEREFORD lost 2-0 at Fulham last night, tight game but quality finishing from a top side was the difference, pleased with the lads for putting up a fight considering the mood around the club.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Been a while since I have posted, but things have been going steady at Hull. Results have generally been good but there hasn't been any consistency at all. We find ourselves in 2nd place but we can still easily find ourselves finishing outside the top 6, so the last 12 games will be crucial, especially as there are some 6 pointers amongst the remaining fixtures.

A couple of incomings in preparation for the 3 games a week period, those being Joao Carlos and Ivica Olic.

So Kadlec played every single game since he developped lv 1 of concerns(lacking games) and now he went up to lv 2.What the?

Makes no sense Raz,had it happen to me in another game world,reached level 1,i played him every game,no substitutions for 10 games straight,bang,level 2:confused:

Makes no sense Raz' date='had it happen to me in another game world,reached level 1,i played him every game,no substitutions for 10 games straight,bang,level 2:confused:[/quote']

Sorry if you already know this but its to do with the way that SM reviews the concerns. I think the concerns are reviewed after 22 and 32 games.

Therefore, if you have a player that expects to play 75% games then by match 22 he will expect to have played a minimum of 17. If you have only played him, say 12 times, then he will obviously develop level 1 concern.

However, even if you play him for the next 10 games this still only makes a total of 22/32, which is still below the 75% he expects. Therefore he picks up level 2 concerns at the match 32 stage.

I agree it is daft, because in real life if a player started to get picked for the first team his concerns are unlikely to increase but that's the way SM have decided to run the system.

If you continue to select the player in your first team then the rule of % means he will eventually drop his concerns. It all depends on your management style and whether you are the type of manager that is willing to let the players dictate whom you select by sulking their way into your team or whether you are a Brian Clough type manager, who would probably have called the player into his office to say "Listen Pal, I'm the Boss here so I pick the team and if you don't like sitting on the bench then I suggest you get off your ar$e and get down the job centre".... or something like that....

Sorry if you already know this but its to do with the way that SM reviews the concerns. I think the concerns are reviewed after 22 and 32 games.

Therefore' date=' if you have a player that expects to play 75% games then by match 22 he will expect to have played a minimum of 17. If you have only played him, say 12 times, then he will obviously develop level 1 concern.

However, even if you play him for the next 10 games this still only makes a total of 22/32, which is still below the 75% he expects. Therefore he picks up level 2 concerns at the match 32 stage.

I agree it is daft, because in real life if a player started to get picked for the first team his concerns are unlikely to increase but that's the way SM have decided to run the system.

If you continue to select the player in your first team then the rule of % means he will eventually drop his concerns. It all depends on your management style and whether you are the type of manager that is willing to let the players dictate whom you select by sulking their way into your team or whether you are a Brian Clough type manager, who would probably have called the player into his office to say "Listen Pal, I'm the Boss here so I pick the team and if you don't like sitting on the bench then I suggest you get off your ar$e and get down the job centre".... or something like that....[/quote']

Great way of explaining it mate,cheers:)

Took over at Stevanage as I got an S.O.S from the board, I am clearing everyone out and will build the team to my liking, team is on a run of no wins in 14 games and sit 4th bottom, so this season is nothing to me, but hopefully I can get the team in a proper nick for next season.

Team had 57 players which to be honest is far too many especially at a small club like Stevenage, I mean who needs 6 goalkeepers? there are probably 3 or 4 players that will remain in the side the rest are just driftwood.

Team of the Round

Round 19

Hey guys, a little bit later than planned but here is my team of the round for the games played on Wednesday 23rd October. Using a standard 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Rafael (Portsmouth)

Right Back: Walker (Manchester United)

Center Back: Mangala (Southampton)

Center Back: Casado (Reading)

Left Back: Balzaretti (Hull)

Right Midfield: Fernandez (Stockport)

Center Midfield: Michael (Reading)

Center Midfield: Lampard (Doncaster)

Left Midfield: Rose (Oxford)

Striker: Podolski (Crewe)

Striker: Vagner Love (Oldham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is England International Frank Lampard. Super Frank still has all the attributes to be playing in the Premier League, and it is quite a shock to see him in the English third division. On Wednesday he made his debut for Doncaster and shown he still has an eye for goal, and new manager Sean has made Lamps the new captain. Lampard scored his first goal just before half time, giving Doncaster a crucial 2-1 lead. That goal gave the team confidence, and were dominant in the second half. Lampard scored his second in the 82nd minute with a typical free-kick, with swerve and dip leaving the keeper with no chance. Doncaster won the match 4-1, the new captain winning the man of the match and some of the £18million has been repayed.

In second place is Oldham striker Vagner Love. On paper Oldham are definately the best squad in Division 5, always having players in team of the round and players of the week. This is Vagner Loves first appearance in my team of the round after a very good game on Wednesday. With Oldham already two goals up against Hayes & Yeading, Vagner Loves first contribution was taking a free kick which was headed home by Asharvin. Vagner Love scored Oldhams fourth and fifth, the fifth being a scuffed shot but they all count! 10 goals in 15 games for the Brazilian, one of the best goal to game ratios in the division.

The player of the round this time goes to Oxford midfielder Danny Rose!!!

6b5w.jpg

Its quite a change going from scoring a screamer against Arsenal in the Premier League to playing for Oxford in Division five. But Danny Rose's reputation is increasing with some impressive performances for Oxford. Wednesdays game between Oxford and Kidderminster was arguably game of the day, and probably the best performance in an Oxford shirt for Danny Rose. Having setting up Weimann with a well placed cross, he then got in on the act himself with a powerful strike. Rose scored his second, cutting inside his marker and unleashing a dipping strike past the keeper. Rose assisted another goal for Weimann to give Oxford a 4-2 lead at half-time. The game ended equal in this eight goal thriller!

Took over at Stevanage as I got an S.O.S from the board' date=' I am clearing everyone out and will build the team to my liking, team is on a run of no wins in 14 games and sit 4th bottom, so this season is nothing to me, but hopefully I can get the team in a proper nick for next season.

Team had 57 players which to be honest is far too many especially at a small club like Stevenage, I mean who needs 6 goalkeepers? there are probably 3 or 4 players that will remain in the side the rest are just driftwood.[/quote']

in England SOS means same old sh!t, I think you have misunderstood your board.

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

Manchester City beat Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Clichy scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Agüero and Baines were also amongst the goalscorers.

2-4 win at top of the table Tottenham.

Home to Villa next.

Guest drseanfitz

sean fitzpatrick steered Doncaster Rovers to victory against Swindon Town.

Doncaster Rovers beat Swindon Town 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Dátolo scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Goodwillie was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The offer for Federico CECCHERINI of Stevenage from Doncaster Rovers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

a good result and a very good signing

a good result and a very good signing

It was a good result for you and well done.

Again though I feel Swindon are hard done by. I don't know if the match report is just random numbers or whether it actually means anything?

We have lost 3 games on the bounce now without scoring once and letting in 11. But yet the match reports consistently give my players ratings of 7 and the statistics show that we have had an equal or greater amount of shots (over the 3 games 49 shots overall against 46, 24 shots on target against 27 but 0 goals scored against 11).

We are now right in the relegation zone for the first time and, if the match reports are anything to go by, we will need about 75% possession in our next game to hopefully scrape a draw.

Blackpool 2-2 West Brom

Blackpool silenced the Hawthorns with two late goals to salvage a point against old rivals West Brom. The baggies to a two goal lead at half time with strikers from Inler and Sau. It took until the 85th minute for Blackpool to pull one back, Ashley Cole heading into the back of his own net. That galvanized Blackpool, and a minute later were level with a perfect free-kick from Carlos Tevez.

Douglas Costa came off the bench to make his debut after arriving from Old Trafford.

We remain third, a point closer to leaders Tottenham but six points still seems to much to pull back. Wedensdays game against second place Manchester United will make or break our title challenge.

First game in charge and we produce the goods, a 3-2 win over Southport, Pied, Wilson & Bakambu with the goals for us.It is always nice to start your career with a win, especially since we played a half with ten men, 16 yold Harry Wilsons free-kick goal the pick of the bunch.

Ending that run that the club were on of no wins in 14 games is a step in the right direction.

Relegation zone' date=' how awesome.[/quote']

Not bothered about that. What irritates me is that if I was consistently losing by big scores and the match stats were showing that we had hardly any possession & that my players were under-performing then I would at least be able to understand it and try and do something.

bah 3 games, no wins. form has stuttered for FGR, drop to 3rd with Peterbrough overtaking us.

need to get a win soon, hopefully get us back on track.

Couple recent signings.

Johannes Flum joined for 7m, happy with that, versatile, plus getting good game time, poss a +1 in the next 6 months for decent league & europa form from Eintracht Frankenfurters.

Evheny Makarenko, 1.4M, getting a few games for Dynamo Kyiv, only 80 rated so must be due a few points more.

Over the next month will sell off many players to inject more funds

..risers......rinse and repeat.

The offer for Filippo DE COL of Hellas Verona from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Think I might have actually found a decent riser for once, usually when I do my monthly check on soccerway everyone has been brought.

De Col is a regular for the top Serie B side, so hopefully can end up in the mid 80s.

Could be my future back up right back, depending what happens with Zabaleta. Had some decent offers for the Argentine, but will only take a rb or lb + large cash for him.