English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Team of the Round

Round 20

Hey guys. Wont be doing games played for today or any other Monday league games as I dont have enough time to do team of the round three times a week. But here is my team of the round for games played on Saturday 26th October 2013. Two players didnt play in these position at the weekend, but they can play there on there profile and they were too good to leave out.

Goalkeeper:Asenjo (Wycombe)

Center Back: Silva (Arsenal)

Center Back: Mangala (Southampton)

Center Back: Nababkin (Bradford)

Right Midfield: Sow (Burnley)

Center Midfield: Totti (Oldham)

Center Midfield: Badelj (Wigan)

Left Midfield: Danic (Hereford)

Right Stiker: Saivet (Tamworth)

Center Forward: Giroud (Southampton)

Left Striker: Cavani (Newcastle)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

A pretty dominant display from Division 2. One of the hardest rounds to find defenders though.

In third place is Tamworth striker Henri Saivet. The Senegal forward makes his second appearance in team of the round having featured in Round 17. He was unlucky not to win player of the round that time, and will find it hard how he hasn't won this time either. Scoring a stunning hat-trick in a 5-3 win over Burton. Also created the fourth in the 82nd minute to give Tamworth a late lead, and the scoring the fifth two minutes later to confirm the win. 25 goals in 22 games no for Saivet, looks nailed on to win the setups Golden shoe.

In second place is Newcastle striker Edison Cavani. Regarded as one of the worlds best strikers, the Uruguayan tore former Premier League Champions Wolves apart. His cross in the 20th minute was headed in by Khedira to give the Magpies a two goal lead at the break. After the hour Cavani did what he does best, scoring goals. In the 65th minute a powerful strike into the top corner was unstoppable. Minutes later he had his second with a cheeky looping header, catching Weidenfeller of his line. Cavani completed his hat-trick in the final minute with a low powerful free-kick.

The player of the round this time is Italian legend Francesco Totti!!!

re9s.jpg

The former Italian International already has the honour of this award, winning player of the round back in Round 4. Totti began the game with an outstanding 30 yard goal from a free-kick. A free kick moments later from Totti was headed in by his team mate Romao. Another free-kick just after half an hour from Totti with another assist, this time Torres with the final touch. Totti had a fourth free-kick in the first half, this time the Italian went for goal and found the top corner in style. Totti's last contribution to the game was a third assist, heading the ball back into the penalty area with Ibisevic scoring. Oldham won the game 6-2 against Altrincham, Totti playing part in five of them.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Not a day when we want to face a full strength 90 rated Fulham :(

Boy do they play dirty though, tut tut. Anyways our only shot on goal was enough to earn us a draw haha. However, things are not looking good with a 3 week injury for Sandro.

Thanks. Looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Have received a very good offer for Suarez in my eyes as i need the depth. Normally wouldn't want to sell' date=' but as the previous manager didn't believe in squad depth unless you believe useless youth players are good depth, it needs to be done.[/quote']

Take care of my old WBA team. My favourite team ever on SM. Hopefully you can get them back challenging for the league title.

After winning the first game of my new tenure we headed to an away game at Barnet, it was an eventful game with Peter Whittingham getting his marching orders just after the half hour mark, Stevenage never put the heads down though as Jeremy Pied scored little less than five minutes later but that provoked a Barnet onslaught, Barnet equalized just after the half time with a strike from Ruben Botta and but for an excellent performance from man of the match Willy Caballero Barnet would have took all three points, the game finished all square at 1-1 meaning a win and a draw for the new management in the first two game.

We have nothing to play for this season so it is just about getting the new players to gel and also clearing the squad down to a manageable level, we are on course with no less than twenty-eight players now gone from the club.

Exciting times ahead for Stevenage as we are scouting far and wide to bring in some new blood to the club, a few deals already tied up and a few more in the pipeline which I will make a report about in due course.

Blackpool 3-0 Tottenham

Blackpool take a huge step to reach the Champions League semi-finals after a huge win at White Hart Lane. It was a tight game for 70 minutes until Blackpool took the lead with a header from Asamoah. Samuel Eto'o returned to the starting line up after two weeks out with injury, and he set up Theo Walcott two minutes later. The tie looked over when former Spurs man Willian scored Blackpools third.

A huge boost ahead of our crunch game against Manchester United tomorrow, who had an impressive win at the Nou Camp today.

Javier Aquino comes in to Stevenage, he looks a bright prospect and much thanks to Dom for letting me have him for CV, Top bloke.

We have also agreed deals to bring in youngsters Larnell Cole and Daniel Alfei.

We have also reached an agreement for the sale of youngster Bruno Mendes for £4 million to York.

Bundesliga striker Raul Bobadilla [86 rated] and Ligue one star Jeremy Pied [86 rated] are both transfer listed for cash deals, if anyone is interested make a bid as they do not fit into my plans.

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Colchester United.

Everton outclassed Colchester United and thrashed them 8 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Quarter Final Leg 1 fixture.

Džeko was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Alves and Fellaini were also amongst the goalscorers.

Rumour has it the assistant manager has his eyes on my job :eek:

Javier Aquino comes in to Stevenage' date=' he looks a bright prospect and much thanks to Dom for letting me have him for CV, Top bloke.

We have also agreed deals to bring in youngsters Larnell Cole and Daniel Alfei.

Along with the three players above we have reached agreements with three under 21 Australians and one under 21 Kiwi from the A-League, they all have minutes from first three rounds so the £250k spent between the four of them should be money well spent, We are also bringing in 18yold Uruguay striker Hugo Sequeria for just over half a mill, should be due a wee rise.

I am pleased the way the transfers are going but would be happier if I could get Bobadilla and Pied sold, both 85 rated and under 26, they will go to external if no cash bids come in.

Play up Pompey, Pompey Play up!

Benjo Benjo (Forum) steered Portsmouth to victory against Wigan Athletic.

Portsmouth beat Wigan Athletic 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Rafael had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Eder and El Hamdaoui were amongst the goalscorers.

B)

Morecambe slip up again

Luis Veigas was unable to prevent a Morecambe defeat to Notts County.

Morecambe slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Notts County in their Division 3 fixture.

Diop was on the scoresheet for his side.

After 6 straight wins, our form as taken a hit and we have now lost 2 out of 3 games. We stay 7th just 1 point from a playoff spot.

Diop our defensive midfielder, who since joining has been fantastic scoring an incredible 6 goals in 6 games.

Gutted to have lost this game tonight. Both teams played well and I personally think we was very unlucky to come away with a defeat! I still remain very confident in securing a playoff spot, but going to have to work the lads extra hard to get them back on track!