English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 1-3 Manchester United

A battling performance from Blackpool, however the champions are just too strong for us to compete with at the moment. Marchisio was welcomed back to Bloomfield Road after switching to United a few weeks back and he captained United to victory. A brace from Gareth Bale and one goal from Wayne Rooney put United 3-0 up just past the hour. Samuel Eto'o Scored a late conselation for Blackpool.

The defeat sees us drop from 3rd to 7th! Shows how tight the top of the table is

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Apologies for the double post..

Preston 2-3 Colchester United

5 victories from the last 6 games now sees us 6 points above the relegation zone with 6 games to go, this victory has also saw us move up to 15th position in the league, very pleased with the current form, next up MaoaM's Blackpool on Saturday which will be a tough game!

Man City 0-2 Aston Villa

Luiz Suarez had a very quiet debut after signing from West Brom on Tuesday, Alexandre Pato scored the first goal of the game in the first ten minutes for the visitors, Younes Belhanda later got the second and the game stayed 0-2, Ben-SCFC said after the game he was surprised at Villas defence approach and expected them come more attacking.

Not just cause the defeat but tonight was a really bad night for City, Van Persie is still out for a week, Sergio Aguero picked up his 5th booking of the season and Luiz Suarez picked up a short term injury on his debut, he will be out until the end of the weekend meaning our 3 star strikers are all unavailable for the trip to the Emirates on Saturday, this means fourth choice Mame Diouf is likely to get his second start since signing for the Champions.

Credit to Frozy tonight, changed his set up and it worked against us, well played!

Another few signings coming in at Stevenage :

Tomás Borja -Atletico Madrid Under 21 player who has 5 goals in 9 games out on loan at Deportivo in the Segunda, cheap at £3 million.

Kylian Hazard-Youngest Hazard brother worth a punt at 700k

Cameron Howieson-Burnley youngster in with a shout of maybe appearing at World Cup, again worth a small punt at 400k

Ersin Kaya-A-League player who will get minutes this season so 10k worthy.

4 other A-League players joined up yesterday :

Kwame Yeboah [70]

Ryan Edwards [73] on loan from Reading

Marc Warren [72]

Storm Roux [72]

All these players have had gametime in the first 3 rounds of A-league so should rack up some minutes by end of season and hopefully get a rise.

We will still be shuffling in a few other players once we can get rid of Bobadilla & Pied who are surplus to requirements, bids welcomed.

This morning was Bertie's memorial service, sad day for everyone at the club.

He was quite a guy, learnt today that he left school at 14 and set up a market stall, then had his first shop at 16, pub at 19 and then a nightclub at the age of 24.

When he bought Hereford in the 80's, he had dozens of properties in his portfolio and only bought the club as some kind of tax break, he actually seemed to dodge the tax man most of his life, until this year.

A large tax bill was the real reason for the industrial estate development coming to a halt.

As i mentioned before, his accountant has a lot of work to do to all of Bertie's financial affairs in order so the will can be sorted as soon as possible.

The will is being read tomorrow, i am not sure i want to there.

Pirlo to move to Ewood Park

Andrea Pirlo will move to Blackburn Rovers in a deal which will see Veloso, and Van Der Wiel move to West Brom.

Pirlo will become Club Captain at Rovers

Another deal is close to being agreed which will see another Star leave Rovers:eek:

Exciting times at Stevanage after Borja's arrival, we have 3 more players arriving/coming in.

Liassine Cadamuro -85 lb/cb- solid Algerian who is plying his trade in La liga[PAID £3.7 Million ~worth £6.1 million]

Emre Colak -86 MC/AMLC-- Handed in a transfer request from Bradford and we were highest bidders at £5.9 million, already worth £6.9 million and is a quality young player.

Arriving:

Antonio Amaya 86 Cb~An ever present for Betis this season in La Liga, worth £3.8 million as will increase in value by £1.5 million.

This morning was Bertie's memorial service' date=' sad day for everyone at the club.

He was quite a guy, learnt today that he left school at 14 and set up a market stall, then had his first shop at 16, pub at 19 and then a nightclub at the age of 24.

When he bought Hereford in the 80's, he had dozens of properties in his portfolio and only bought the club as some kind of tax break, he actually seemed to dodge the tax man most of his life, until this year.

A large tax bill was the real reason for the industrial estate development coming to a halt.

As i mentioned before, his accountant has a lot of work to do to all of Bertie's financial affairs in order so the will can be sorted as soon as possible.

The will is being read tomorrow, i am not sure i want to there.[/quote']

Just popped in in to pay my respects to the big man. Sad Day.

I remember the day he walked out during a league association meeting, sweating profusely. Apparently Greggs was due to close in 15 minutes and he wanted to get a shift on. Just as he exited the door way, he glanced back over his shoulder, looked at me and said "there you go kid" throwing his used handkerchief to me. I still have it, framed, in the ensuite.

To think, he introduced a zero tolerance policy on the door of his nightclub a full 6 months before Jimmy Saville did. Ahead of his time.

What was the name of his club again? wasnt it "Cameltoes" ?

My thoughts are with the club at the moment Smut, his passing will only make you stronger.

;2772704']

Relegation in Division 1?!

:P

Preston North End - 1/10

Shorpe - 1/4

West Ham United - Evens

Aston Villa - 5/2

Colchester United - 8/1

Such a hard division,full of quality.I don't relax til im around 45 points(Sunderland by the way).

Feel sorry for the teams that will go down,hell City went down,Arsenal have gone down,shows you how hard this league is,one of the strongest on SM.

Such a hard division' date='full of quality.I don't relax til im around 45 points(Sunderland by the way).

Feel sorry for the teams that will go down,hell City went down,Arsenal have gone down,shows you how hard this league is,one of the strongest on SM.[/quote']

Arsenal not been relegated, but Chelsea and Newcastle are two others who have been relegated. Two of the strongest squads in this setup, one of them may even get relegated to division 3 this season

Arsenal not been relegated' date=' but Chelsea and Newcastle are two others who have been relegated. Two of the strongest squads in this setup, one of them may even get relegated to division 3 this season[/quote']

Ha mistook this for 7046,but the general gist is the same,Newcastle,Chelsea have suffered the fate,alongside the giants Man City.

Outside the big clubs,United,City,Chelsea ,the clubs who started with the strongest players,anyone can get relegated.

This morning was Bertie's memorial service' date=' sad day for everyone at the club.

The will is being read tomorrow, i am not sure i want to there.[/quote']

It certainly is a sad day! Did you get a tax break on the dodgy greek body they found to be Bertie!!

Another batch coming in to Stevenage:

CABALLO, Diego-R.Madrid youth worth a pop at £280k

GALLAS, Fallou-A.Madrid youth bought for 769k

O'NEILL, Brandon -A-league youth for 80k

MUSSIS, Franco {~Already got +3 so is worth £2.4m compred to the £1m paid

CARRIZO, Federico(~ will rise next few days

ACHUCARRO, David(~ will rise next few days

DIERSSEN, Tim~Hannover kid worth a pop at 785k

PINO, Yelko~Clelta vigo kid worth a pop at 735k

We still have a couple of million spare- on the lookout for a striker roughly 85 rating, also Jeremy Pied [86]for cash sale available .

Surprised to see this morning that Vasili Berezutski got a -1....

Seems to be a little harsh considering he is still a first team regular for CSKA and played 90 minutes in every Russian World Cup Qualifier that helped them finish above Ronaldo/Portugal and will be 90% certainty to appear in Brazil next year.

He picked up an injury last week and CSKA aren't having their best season so far. But nevertheless, the only reason I can see for him getting a drop is that he is 31 and not 21.