English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Surprised to see this morning that Vasili Berezutski got a -1....

Seems to be a little harsh considering he is still a first team regular for CSKA and played 90 minutes in every Russian World Cup Qualifier that helped them finish above Ronaldo/Portugal and will be 90% certainty to appear in Brazil next year.

He picked up an injury last week and CSKA aren't having their best season so far. But nevertheless' date=' the only reason I can see for him getting a drop is that he is 31 and not 21.[/quote']

Very true. After soccerwiki took over anyone over 30 suddenly drops 1, no matter form. Heaven help anyone rise when they are even over 28. It's like Wenger is doing the ratings :P

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Very true. After soccerwiki took over anyone over 30 suddenly drops 1' date=' no matter form. Heaven help anyone rise when they are even over 28. It's like Wenger is doing the ratings :P[/quote']

They probably got the wrong Berezutski anyway. Vasili's twin brother, Alexsey, also plays for CSKA Moscow but has been dropped from the NT and hasn't been a regular first choice for CSKA this season. He was the one that was probably meant to get the -1. Oh well.....

THE MONEY GAME

I'm mightily impressed by Wycombe's capacity to offer £20m for an 88 ranked keeper, Baumann.

York managed to rustle up £4.5m to buy a free agent 76, Andreasen

I can't find the price of a cup of tea at Leeds.

Staggering amounts, if you ask me...the world's gone mad.

Anyone got £30m to take Isaac Cuenca off my hands?

THE MONEY GAME

I'm mightily impressed by Wycombe's capacity to offer £20m for an 88 ranked keeper' date=' Baumann.

York managed to rustle up £4.5m to buy a free agent 76, Andreasen

[b']I can't find the price of a cup of tea at Leeds.[/b]

Staggering amounts, if you ask me...the world's gone mad.

Anyone got £30m to take Isaac Cuenca off my hands?

Swindon can loan you a tea bag if you like. Only until the end of the season though...

Colchester 2-3 Blackpool

Unfortunate to see us go ahead in the game against MaoaM's Blackpool and lose it near the end of the game but I'm quite pleased to see that we have come close against a side in the top 5, fortunately the loss doesn't make much of an impact to us near the bottom as we are (with 5 games to go) still 5 points above the drop, hoping for two more victories or a victory and two draws and that should see us stay up.

Andrey ARSHAVIN has completed his move to Walsall from Oldham Athletic for £8,000,000

Needed some fresh blood, or as near fresh blood you reckon Arshavin is.

Matavz is on his way out so needed to swap things around a little.

Also on the field, a few wins on the bounce has brought me on the verge of the playoffs after being more than 10pts off them 4-5 weeks ago.

Yeah, so me saying I'd be more active hasn't really gone that well has it... :o I've continued to neglect Preston, although my interest in SM has been on the decline a little of late, so it's not just Preston that are suffering from my lack of activity.

I guess this is the 10000th time I've said it, but lets hope this time I'm back for good :o Left it a bit too late really though.

Anyway, due to my lack of activity for quite a while, Preston have suffered hugely and look destined for the drop, although we aren't down and out just yet (admittedly, we most likely will go down this season though). A change in tactics from those that have been set for all of this season saw us come out on top against European hopefuls Middlesbrough tonight. Goals from Hernandez and Gabby saw us pick up a 2-0 victory at The Riverside, despite 'Boro being pretty dominant shots wise. I think both of our goals came in between periods in which our opponents were hammering us possession wise. Not that I'm complaining.

Good game Sala, unlucky buddy :)

If only I'd have been active when I said I was going to be 'ey. It could be a different story, but I've only got myself to blame for that.

Yeah' date=' so me saying I'd be more active hasn't really gone that well has it... :o I've continued to neglect Preston, although my interest in SM has been on the decline a little of late, so it's not just Preston that are suffering from my lack of activity.

I guess this is the 10000th time I've said it, but lets hope this time I'm back for good :o Left it a bit too late really though.

Anyway, due to my lack of activity for quite a while, Preston have suffered hugely and look destined for the drop, although we aren't down and out just yet (admittedly, we most likely will go down this season though). A change in tactics from those that have been set for all of this season saw us come out on top against European hopefuls Middlesbrough tonight. Goals for Hernandez and Gabby saw us pick up a 2-0 victory at The Riverside, despite 'Boro being pretty dominant shots wise. I think both of our goals came in between periods in which our opponents were hammering us possession wise. Not that I'm complaining.

Good game Sala, unlucky buddy :)

If only I'd have been active when I said I was going to be 'ey. It could be a different story, but I've only got myself to blame for that.[/quote']

Stop tweeting Cr** all day matey :D and get yourself back into 7777 and SM. SM and the GW needs good guys like you.

Regards :)

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Morecambe.

Wigan Athletic outclassed Morecambe and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Mccarthy scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Schieber and Sílvio were also amongst the goalscorers.

Just popped in in to pay my respects to the big man. Sad Day.

I remember the day he walked out during a league association meeting' date=' sweating profusely. Apparently Greggs was due to close in 15 minutes and he wanted to get a shift on. Just as he exited the door way, he glanced back over his shoulder, looked at me and said "there you go kid" throwing his used handkerchief to me. I still have it, framed, in the ensuite.

To think, he introduced a zero tolerance policy on the door of his nightclub a full 6 months before Jimmy Saville did. Ahead of his time.

What was the name of his club again? wasnt it "Cameltoes" ?

My thoughts are with the club at the moment Smut, his passing will only make you stronger.[/quote']

Thanks Ed,

I heard many more stories like this at Bertie's wake, he certainly lived a full life.

that nightclub was the only business venture that failed, the combination of the name and the sort of clients it attracted was the main reason behind its failure. I think if it would have been located near the BBC studio's, then it would of stood a chance.

It certainly is a sad day! Did you get a tax break on the dodgy greek body they found to be Bertie!!

thanks Chris,

I don't know what happened regarding the body, we havnt had a funeral just a memorial service.

all the paperwork is in order though and the will has been read, which you will hear about in a minute.

HEREFORD HAVE NEW OWNERS

The will has been read and was very confusing because Bertie was involved in so many companies and projects.

He did make it clear that who is to takeover the football club.

unfortunately it has been divided up between 3 people and the 80% share has gone to MAUD??

Donna has been given 10%, I think that Bertie secretly had his hands on more than just her kebabs.

I have been left the last 10%, a real surprise for me, I was just hoping to keep the club caravan.

the club has an estimated value of 125M because of the refugee centre, the land that is currently being developed as an industrial estate and all the businesses attached to the ground.

Maud has been on a bender since hearing the news, what she doesn't realise is that the monthly costs and the debts left behind means it isn't a pretty picture and we are waiting on more information as to the reality of what this all means.

All of this has had an affect on the pitch unfortunately, everyone is just wishing the season was over.

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a Blackburn Rovers defeat to Swansea City.

Blackburn Rovers slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Swansea City in their Division 2 fixture.

Soldado was on the scoresheet for his side.

Poor result' date=' my luck might change sometime:([/quote']

You might have dropped into the relegation spots but the league is so tight I would not worry. One loss sends you spiraling 5 places down the table atm!

Things are not looking so bright at the County Ground either....

Shocking day for Swindon yesterday. First off we had the (unfair in my opinion) -1 drop for Vaseli Berezutsky. Then in our 6 pointer against Cardiff we had Ivan Strinic sent off and suspended for 3 games, a loss we can do without. We held our own against the Welsh side until after 60 minutes and then they pulled ahead to finish 3-1 winners.

Our second 3-1 defeat in the space of 4 days leaves us once again deep in the relegation zone. We have pulled away from here before but I am not sure how many times we can keep pulling off the same stunt.

Relegation is now looking a reality and I can see it in the fans and the players too as our recent run of poor form just seems to have no end.

Had an emergency meeting with the Chairman and the Board this morning to discuss the club's future and the ramifications if we were to get relegated. They have a shortlist of people that they think will have to be let go and fortunately my name isn't on it yet.

Meantime we have 8 games left to try and salvage some form of response to keep ourselves up in Div 3.

Colchester 2-3 Blackpool

Unfortunate to see us go ahead in the game against MaoaM's Blackpool and lose it near the end of the game but I'm quite pleased to see that we have come close against a side in the top 5' date=' fortunately the loss doesn't make much of an impact to us near the bottom as we are (with 5 games to go) still 5 points above the drop, hoping for two more victories or a victory and two draws and that should see us stay up.[/quote']

Good game mate.

Made some changes to the team, with Jesus Navas, Nani and Samuel Eto'o being dropped to the bench, while young Brazilian Romulo (87) got a rare start. Those three were brought on as subs on the hour and changed the game, with Navas getting an assist and Nani scoring.

Blackpool up to 5th, with a game against 6th place Middlesbrough. Huge game for both clubs looking to qualify for next seasons Champions League.