• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

48356.jpg

Stevenage have a deal accepted for Giuseppe De Luca, the young Italian striker will come in for £4.5 million from Plymouth.

We have also agreed a deal in principal for a young talent, he will be our club record signing at £8 million, we just have to wait until the funds come in from the sale of Jeremy Pied who is off to Nice in a £7.4 million deal, we will announce the signing when the bid has been accepted.

;2773768']Thought we played a good match in the wake of Bertie's service. Mangala was on fire' date=' it was a close game, which the crowd enjoyed just a shame smut that Hereford wasn't the winning side.

[center']HEREFORD UNITED 2-3 SOUTHAMPTON

E.MANGALA 21

E.MANGALA 49

G.MANIATIS 68

G.DANIC 76

O.GIROUD 77[/center]

once Danic had equalised I thought we might get an undeserved point but it was not to be, well done Chris.

DIVISION 2 is once again, unbelievably tight.

Wrexham's 8 point lead should mean they are promoted, 2nd spot will probably go to one of the teams currently in the top 6.

7th & 8th have a chance at the play offs, then 9th are only 6 points off of a relegation spot.

Bristol c are gone but Accrington in 23rd are capable of escaping the relegation zone.

We have 48 points and with 8 games shouldn't have any worries but we find ourselves just 2 points from a relegation spot.:eek:

Surprised to see this morning that Vasili Berezutski got a -1....

Seems to be a little harsh considering he is still a first team regular for CSKA and played 90 minutes in every Russian World Cup Qualifier that helped them finish above Ronaldo/Portugal and will be 90% certainty to appear in Brazil next year.

He picked up an injury last week and CSKA aren't having their best season so far. But nevertheless' date=' the only reason I can see for him getting a drop is that he is 31 and not 21.[/quote']

Im not talking about the league as I lost 5-0 after resting some players :(

On this tho , Considering you got him from me while I feel sorry for you as I didnt think he would drop but im glad with the lower wages , the bright propesct and the scope Kiyotake can rise.

Ive also let go of Chivu , Due to his decreasing stature , age , wages and Ive got plenty in his postions. Will use the money to increase the wings with the Javier sale to Stevenage. He was a good player and sad to see him leave but wouldnt have sold him if Dan wasnt there.

Going to get rid of Mavumba as well in due time :)

Very happy to get Callum Wilson for peanuts. One of the most exciting talents in the lower leagues by a fair distance. Already has 11 goals in his breakthrough season and is terrorising league one defences. Has such a calm finish for a young lad aswell. Bright future ahead no doubt about it.

Team of the Round

Round 21

Hey guys. I was unable to do team of the round for last Wednesdays game as I have had a pretty busy week with work and Haloween :P Anyway he is my team of the round for games played on Saturday 2nd November 2013. There were not many stand out performances, majority coming from Division two.

Goalkeeper: Mccarthy (Luton)

Center Back: Mangala (Southampton)

Center Back: Caldwell (Luton)

Center Back: Izaguierre (Swansea)

Right Midfield: Yarmolenko (Fulham)

Center Midfield: Rakitic (Wrexham)

Center Midfield: Cleverly (Birmingham)

Center Midfield:Martens (Barnsley)

Left Midfield: Sanchez (Newcastle)

Striker: Goodwillie (Doncaster)

Striker: Saivet (Tamworth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

A real bad show from Premiership players, only one player made the shortlist :eek: Same with division 4, no real stand out performances.

In third place is Southampton defender Eliaquim Mangala. A regular in the team of the round, making his fourth appearance. Known more for his defensive qualities, Mangala earned his place in the team with two excellent goals for the Saints. His first was a long range curler into the top corner, the second a first time shot which fizzed into the back of the net and gave Southampton a two goal lead. Conceding twice will not make Mangala happy, but his side managed to win 3-2.

In second place is another defender, Swansea full back Emilio Izaguirre. After falling a goal behind to Blackburn, Izaguirre scored a brilliant equaliser as he dribbles round two defenders and smashes the ball into the top corner. His second goal was even better, and proved to be the winner. Another bursting run forward, dribbles round a defender and then a perfectly weighted chip over Steve Mandanda.

The winner this time goes to Tamworth striker Henri Saivet!!!

6k60.jpg

After narrowly missing this award on two occasions, Saivet finally gets his name on the award. The Senegal striker looks even more certain to win the setups golden boot with another well taken hat-trick. His first goal came in the 50th minute with a well placed header. Minutes later he had his second goal with a delicate flick which caught the keeper off guard. His hat-trick was completed in the 77th minute, this time with another poweful header. It is 29 goals in 24 games now and is a key reason for Tamworths promotion challenge. Will his impressive record attract attention from bigger clubs?

Managed to turn over bottom of the table Bristol City in the bottom of the table clash, a much needed win which was greatly hindered with the majority of the teams who are in the relegation dog fight picking up points.

Raz's Millwall up next and this is a must win game to keep Accrington Stanley's vain hopes of staying up alive.

Morecambe come back!

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Walsall.

Morecambe beat Walsall 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Torun scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Okaka and Joãozinho were also amongst the goalscorers.

Losing the game by 1 - 0 in the 13th min, then hitting back on the 16th min only fr the bloody ref to disallow the goal. Really though the worst then. :rolleyes:

Score equalised just before half time, and added the second 2 mins into second half seemed a bit better and I was a bit more relaxed then.

57th min we add a 3rd, actually NO...disallowed again! Argh! But we played good enough and kept the pressure to kill of the game wih a goal on the 80th min.

Happy to get back to winning ways after 2 straight defeats. Lets hope we can push on and hit form again to grab a playoff place.

;2775580']jeeze lost again! well played Wigan' date=' more clinical on the day.

looking like playoffs.[/quote']

cheers bud,could defo of gone either way looking at the stats, really glad to of won, hanging on to the last play-off spot by the skin of me teeth at the moment

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Forest Green Rovers.

Wigan Athletic beat Forest Green Rovers 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Osvaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ji and Stindl were also amongst the goalscorers.

Give Altidore a chance' date=' you said about 6 weeks ago he would get games for you and hes only made 1 appearance from the bench.[/quote']

true, Aduriz has been in great form though as a backup, and cant drop Yilmaz or Adriano when they are fit as they have been solid performers.

Wednesday he will be in as i rest & rotate the others.

Destroyed NMF Chelsea and...lost 3-0. What the hell?

Guy never changes the team' date=' doesn't do anything and wins with a team on less than 50% fitness. Figures.[/quote']

similar story with HEREFORD, not that Barnsley cant be bothered with managing their side but were unfit and we had the better of the stats and still had to settle for an 89th minute equaliser.

drop to 21st but only 3 points off of 11th, crazy division this season.

Chelsea are wasted on the manager, has it been 3 or 4 seasons now that he only logs in every few weeks, i would be too embarrassed to keep them all this time after being in a relegation battle in div 2 all season.

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Peterborough United in their Division 3 fixture.

From bad to worse down here at the bottom end of Division 3.

Managed to put out a stronger team that matched Peterborough in total shots and shots on goal but still lose 2-0.

Their GK got MOTM award so at least we gave him a good workout and probably is a reflection of how unlucky we were not to take something. But Peterborough are in form right now and we aren't.

We have 3 defenders now under suspension so Xandao will be given a rare chance to shine at our next match against fellow relegation hopefuls, Reading.

A 1-0 win for us over Shrewsbury, new signing De Luca scoring on his debut, clean sheet is a bonus, that is 3 wins a draw and a defeat although all is relative as we are only building for next season.

Speaking of building we have agreed a deal for Isaac Cuenca, £8 million for the Barcelona lad, he has been out since June with a arthroscopic meniscectomy, he is back now, hopefully will lead to some gametime, anyway top signing for us.

A 1-0 win for us over Shrewsbury' date=' new signing De Luca scoring on his debut, clean sheet is a bonus, that is 3 wins a draw and a defeat although all is relative as we are only building for next season.

Speaking of building we have agreed a deal for Isaac Cuenca, £8 million for the Barcelona lad, he has been out since June with a [b']arthroscopic meniscectomy,[/b] he is back now, hopefully will lead to some gametime, anyway top signing for us.

that's gender reassignment isn't it?

that's gender reassignment isn't it?

Haha that made me spit my coffee on the laptop :)

Arthroscopic meniscectomy is an outpatient minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat a torn meniscus cartilage in the knee.

I have been adding reports to the transfer thread on our progress, it doesn't look like it gets used much though which is a shame for such a busy gameworld.

Rotherham 0-4 Crewe

Crewe's excellent form in the league continues as we hit the business end of the season.

9 wins and 1 draw with 1 defeat in our last 11 league matches and 4 consecutive clean sheets has seen us open a 6 point lead at the top of Division 4.

The biggest factor for me is that I played my second team again last night and with such a big squad with decent ratings in Division 4 it has allowed me the chance to rotate and still win games.

Duncan scored twice last night and goals from Quintero and Sansone capped a fine away win.

With 7 games left we need 16 points from these games to be crowned champions.

With the First team back out tomorrow night for the game against Chesterfield we really hope we can nail another 3 points and close in on Crewe's first ever promotion in EC7777.

LEEDS OFFLOAD CUENCA

Just a few short months after joining Leeds in a deal that saw Emre Can also arrive at Elland Road - Cuenca has been sold to ambitious Stevenage.

Cuenca - whose time at Leeds was blighted by reports of ill-discipline, unusual betting patterns and binge drinking (by his manager, not the player) - was let go in an effort to stabilise the club's finances following two seasons of appalling mismanagement.

"I thought £8m was a fair offer for a guy who hasn't played for almost a year" explained Leeds manager The Butcher.

"What Stevenage doesn't realise though is that they've signed Arthur Cuenca, Isaac's little brother, who is a plumber".