English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Rotherham 0-4 Crewe

Crewe's excellent form in the league continues as we hit the business end of the season.

9 wins and 1 draw with 1 defeat in our last 11 league matches and 4 consecutive clean sheets has seen us open a 6 point lead at the top of Division 4.

The biggest factor for me is that I played my second team again last night and with such a big squad with decent ratings in Division 4 it has allowed me the chance to rotate and still win games.

Duncan scored twice last night and goals from Quintero and Sansone capped a fine away win.

With 7 games left we need 16 points from these games to be crowned champions.

With the First team back out tomorrow night for the game against Chesterfield we really hope we can nail another 3 points and close in on Crewe's first ever promotion in EC7777.

You´re doing amazing. 6 points ahead and only 7 games left. Chesterfield is no easy match. I also must win against Bradford, what excitement.

Blackpool reach Champions League Semi-Final!!

Blackpool have qualified for the semi-final of the Champions League after a comfortable win over Spurs. Having won the first leg 3-0, the fans at Bloomfield Road became nervous when Tottenham took a first half lead through Lavezzi. Romulo was given another start for Blackpool after impressing against Colchester, and the young Brazilian equalised for Blackpool with his third Champions League goal of the season. Samuel Eto'o came off the bench to put Blackpool ahead on the night until Lavezzi made it 5-2 on agg.

Late goals from Carloz Tevez and a second from Eto'o earned a win on the night against.

Another all English semi-final, with the daunting task of facing League leaders Manchester United. Blackpool have an awful record against the Red Devils, with just one win in the previous eight meetings. The winner of this tie will be massive favorites to win the trophy in the final.

"It will be a tough game, having to travel to Old Trafford for the second game is not ideal. I believe in my players and our focus for this season now is to reach the final. Hopefully with United competing for two trophies will give us an advantage".

-Marc Spicer

Millwall 0-1 Accrington Stanley

A game we needed to win and the lads did not disappoint. Utter domination from start to finish and can fel somewhat aggrieved that the scoreline was not much greater.

All the teams up to 14th dropped points and only 5 points separating myself and 14th with 6 games to go.

A 1-0 defeat at home to Liverpool pretty much confirms Preston's relegation to division two. Messi with the only goal of the game. Good game Mar, well done :)

Disappointing, but I only have myself to blame for not being active. Bring on division two!

Plymouth Argyle 0-3 Aston Villa

A.PATO 43, 79

W.SNEIJDER 71

Massive win for us tonight, required to keep us in the battle for safety. Shorpe and West Ham both drew meaning I climb out of the relegation zone a point above them :)

table3.png

Pato scored his 99th goal in the Premierleague tonight playing in his 200th game.

Manchester City 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Luis Suarez found David Silva in the box and the Spaniard put us ahead at the Etihad within twenty minutes, Yaya Toure doubled our lead twelve minutes later after good play with Aguero, after the hour Suarez found Silva again for his second of the game and Citys third.

We stay in 9th, finish the season against WBA, Man United, Colchester and Middlesbrough.

Wednesday pick up a great win against Chelsea while again resting players. We are 8 points clear in the playoff with 18 points left. To get playoffs would be a very good season considering the strength of the teams below us one who beat us 5-0 a couple of days ago :D

Paulo Guerrero has scored 9 in 13 which has maintained our push at just the right time :)

LEEDS 3 TOTTENHAM 0

Leeds probably ended Spurs' title dream with this resounding win.

It's baffling how we seem to do much better against the top sides than those at the bottom of the table - and it makes me wonder why we're not higher up and challenging.

Falcao scored for just the 6th time this season. Rodriguez and Westermann got the others. Spurs were never really in the contest.

Blackpool 3-2 Middlesbrough

Blackpool get a huge win against sixth placed Middlesbrough, moving us back into the top four. Nani, Navas and Eto'o recalled to the starting line-up from the weekend win over Colchester, Romulo starts his third game in four days!

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (91) Pepe (92) Koscielny (90)

Navas (92) Eto'o (92) Romulo (87) Willian (91) Nani (92)

Vela (90) Walcott (91)

After falling behind to an early goal from Henrique, Blackpool soon equalised through Theo Walcott. In the second half we were reduced to ten men after Pepe was given a second booking. The man disadvantage did not affect us, and Tuesdays MOM Romulo scored his second goal in two days to put Blackpool ahead, his first strike in the premier league. Walcott made it 3-1 with a well placed Header. Steven Pieenars goal 20 minutes from time made in a nervous end, But Blackpool hold out for all three points.

"Romulo has been fantastic since returning from his loan spell. Hes enthusiasm is rubbing off on the other players, and for the now he is earning his place in the team. He will be starting against Liverpool on Saturday".

-Marc Spicer

Our final four games are against Liverpool, Preston, Palace and West Ham. The main focus is the doubled header against United in the Champions League though.

A 1-0 defeat at home to Liverpool pretty much confirms Preston's relegation to division two. Messi with the only goal of the game. Good game Mar' date=' well done :)

Disappointing, but I only have myself to blame for not being active. Bring on division two![/quote']

Unlucky mate, I feel Shorpe will be joining you soon in division 2. I have man utd,Liverpool,Middlesbrough and Plymouth.Not easy games

Div 2

Charlton 4-3 Burnley

It was a thrilling match against Burnley and we managed to hold onto the win. Our goals came from Kanunnikov, Barnetta, Giaccherini, and Petersen whereas Odemwingie got a hattrick for their side.

Our form has dipped recently but with the teams above us dropping points we have managed to tighten the gap. We are just 1 point below the 2nd promotion spot and sit in 4th place. Hopefully we have got our form back for the last 6 games and will get that 2nd place spot.

Rick James steered Manchester United to victory against Everton.

Manchester United beat Everton 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ibrahimovic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bale and Rooney were also amongst the goalscorers.

Lads went down a goal early on, then Rooney had two goals disallowed for offside play before we ran out with the game, the title is so close yet so far away its leading to nervous times at Old Trafford, 6 point lead at the top of the table with 4 games to go (Shorpe, City, Sunderland & Plymouth) none of them will be easy and we've still got the 2 legs of the champs league semi final against long term rivals Blackpool to contend with.

Team of the Round

Round 22

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round of games played on Wednesday 6th November 2013. Decided to use a 3-4-3 formation this time.

Goalkeeper: Shunin (Morecambe)

Center Back: Martin (Luton Town)

Center Back: Silva (Arsenal)

Center Back: Cala (Rushden & Diamons)

Right Midfield: Weiss (Walsall)

Center Midfield: Granero (Swansea)

Center Midfield: Giaccherini (Charlton)

Left Midfield: Rodriguez (Leeds)

Right Striker: Odemwingie (Burnley)

Center Forward: Guerrero (Sheffield Wednesday)

Left Striker: Paulinho (Carlisle)

Div 1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Sheffield Wednesday striker Paolo Guerrero. The Peru International scored two goals in the space of three minutes to send Chelsea to another defeat Division 2. Paulo has been very impressive since joining Sheffield Wednesday in August, with 9 goals in 13 appearances. These two goals surely being the highlight so far.

In second is Carlisle striker Paulinho. Normally playing as a striker, Paulinho played a more deeper role behind the striker in Wednesdays 4-2 win over Southend. Paulinho opened the scoring in the fourth minute, and quickly doubled the lead with a powerful header. The Brazilian completed his hat-trick in the 55th minute with a scuffed shot which trickled past the keeper. Not the best way to complete a hat-trick but they all count.

The winner this time is Leeds winger James Rodriguez!!!

6u9h.jpg

The young Colombian International has been one of the standout performers from Leeds this season with 9 goals and 10 assists this season. Once again he was in excellent form on Wednesday, as he had a hand in all three goals in a 3-0 win against title contenders Tottenham Hotspur. Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 19th minute with a powerful shot that sneaked under Spurs keeper Akinfeev. Just past the half hour mark Rodriguez crossed the ball into the penalty area which was converted by Westermann. The pace and skill of James Rodriguez was becoming too much for Spurs to handle, and after being fouled in the 47th minute, his resulting free-kick was headed in by International team mate Radamel Falcao.

After going a goal down early to promotion chasing Hull City, Accrington Stanley show that resilient fighting spirit to fight back and win the game 2-1.

Only 4 teams in the bottom half of the league won tonight and while I am still 2nd off the bottom there are only 4 points seperating 12th on 54 and myself on 50 with 5 games to go.

Just hope I can continue my current form, 13 points from a possible 18 has put us in with a great chance of staying up.

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against West Bromwich Albion.

Manchester City beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Van Persie had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Touré was on the scoresheet for his side.

Sneaked it at West Brom thanks to an early goal from Yaya Toure.

Manchester derby next game.