English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

VILLA 1 LEEDS 3

In the week that James Rodriguez became Leeds' first"Player of the Week" of the current season, Alan Dzagoev showed what he could do with a stunning hat trick against Villa.

We stay mid-table but are finishing the season strongly. Hopefully we can carry this form into the start of next season.

SAINTS

Jack Wilshere is back to his best in Saints colours, firing in a brace from the underperforming Newcastle, which dents their bid to stay a Division 2 side.

Amazing performance from the guys, we did play well and we move up the table, the bottom looks amazingly tight, albeit 9 points clear with 5 games to go, we are 8th! Fuchzy is suspended and Suke' picked up a knock but not all bad. I think the team might think Suke' might be a bit short for Wednesday but I'm sure the likes of Joel and Chuba will be throwing themselves at me to start them

Mignolet (89)

Zapata (89) - Mangala (89) - Laporte (85) - De Sciglio (89)

Matuidi (91) - Witsel (90)

Honda © (90) - Wilshere (91) - Fuchs (89)

Giroud (90)

Newcastle 1 - 2 Saints

Wilshere 23'

Cavani 60'

Wilshere 77'

Niall Taylor steered Blackburn Rovers to victory against fierce rivals Burnley in the East Lancashire Derby.

Blackburn Rovers beat Burnley 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Pirlo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Valbuena and Meireles were also amongst the goalscorers.

We win at last!:D

DIVISION 2

Who will get relegated?

TABLE WITH 5 TO GO!

tight_zps079da19b.png

Crunch Ties (Mon 11/11/13)

Accrington (23rd) - Derby (12th)

Hereford (17th) - Burnley (18th)

Norwich (14th) - Blackburn (22nd)

Newcastle (15th) - Swansea (13th)

Chelsea (20th) - Millwall (21st)

Southampton (8th) - MK Dons (9th)

Who looks in good shape?

Southampton & Accrington have joint best form, but Saints should feel a bit safer as Accrington still have work to do. Norwich and Swansea look like to be a bit steadier too.

What set of fans should be worried?

All the big teams really! Chelsea especially, Toon might need to worry a bit more after their loss tonight. Wolves are in an awful situation in terms of goal difference! Bolton should keep an eye over their shoulder

My Prediction?

Chelsea

Milwall

Bristol C

SM Bookies

Millwall - 2/5

Blackburn - 1/2

Accrington - Evens

Wolves - 18/10

Chelsea - 3/1

Newcastle - 7/1

Birmingham - 33/1

Bolton - 44/1

Southampton - 66/1

Huddersfield - 100/1

Swindon Town slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Stoke City in their Division 3 fixture.

Right now I feel like we are relegated. There are five matches to go but when, not for the first time, you put out a stronger side with the same tactics and produce more shots on target but yet your team receive nothing short of a thrashing then, even in a fantasy game, you have to face the reality that even if you climbed Mount Everest that the match engine would say "nah, didn't mean that mountain".

Well done to Stoke, who probably get to stay up at our expense.

Seems that every Division 3 GK has had a GK MOTM award except ours.

A draw tonight was not a bad result at all. Arteta being out for the rest of the season is though :(

15 points to play for and we are 6 off the drop. So I make that 3 wins needs to secure safety.

Alternatively two of the 12 teams below us have to get less than 6 points from the last 5 games and we stay up.

Bring it on!

We have performed miracles :D

We beat a table topping Wrexham with our reserves , 2-0 down with only 10 minutes gone but when I needed a hero to step up and fight in comes Niklas Bentner with 2 goals to inspire us to a 4-2 win :D

We have gone from falling out of the playoff chase to hunting down the top 2 and we sit in 3rd :P

We have a completely fresh squad for monday with Wellbeck , Ideye , Ganso , Srna all back in :D

The ambition burns ;)

Blackpool 0-2 Liverpool

Despite creating more chances, Blackpool slump to defeat at Anfield. The brilliant Messi the difference, as he created the first and scored the second late in the game.

Really gutted considering the top three all dropped points. Was a huge chance to bring us back into the title race but that is definitely over now.

Champions League on Tuesday against United, biggest game of the season for Blackpool. On Wednesday another big game against West Ham, who are fighting for Premiership Survival.

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Bristol Rovers.

Wigan Athletic outclassed Bristol Rovers and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

ángel scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Spolli and Matavz were also amongst the goalscorers.

Well Shorpe beat Manchester United 1-0 thanks to gradel! Unlucky Rick

Crucial win for Shorpe and thankfully for me other results went my way as well, still it would of been nice to extend the lead at the top of the table for some comfort. Next up a big semi final game in the SMFA Cup against rivals Blackpool followed by the Manchester Derby a day later, both could be season defining games:eek:

Blackpool 0-2 Liverpool

Despite creating more chances' date=' Blackpool slump to defeat at Anfield. The brilliant Messi the difference, as he created the first and scored the second late in the game.

Really gutted considering the top three all dropped points. Was a huge chance to bring us back into the title race but that is definitely over now.

Champions League on Tuesday against United, biggest game of the season for Blackpool. On Wednesday another big game against West Ham, who are fighting for Premiership Survival.[/center']

Unlucky Marc. It was a quality performance from my guys.The goals came from Schurrle and Mess. The result brings us within 7 points of the CL spots but I think it might be a bit too late.

my rochdale dont give up..................................?

new end of season competition-

What do you think the Rochdale players don't give up?

could be 'their seats to old women on the bus' or 'tripe for lent'.

first prize for the funniest quote is a life sized blow up doll of the arsenal manager and a big stick.

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Leicester City.

Morecambe beat Leicester City 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Del Piero scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Icardi and Ighalo were also amongst the goalscorers.

B) BEAUTY!!! B)

new end of season competition-

What do you think the Rochdale players don't give up?

could be 'their seats to old women on the bus' or 'tripe for lent'.

first prize for the funniest quote is a life sized blow up doll of the arsenal manager and a big stick.

my rochdale dont give up.....for anything less than Oreos.

my rochdale dont give uppercase letters a thought as we are not grammatical that way.

my rochdale dont give uppers or downers to our players as drugs are bad.

A 1-0 win for us over Histon is a decent result, should have been more looking at the stats and their goalie Pinto as man of the match, decent run we have had since I took over of 4 wins, 3 draws and a defeat, gelling the players in nicely for next season when we will be getting promoted.

Accrington Stanley 2-0 Derby County

Yet another fantastic win tonight against Derby, after an edgy first 10 minutes where Derby looked to stamp there authority and had a goal disallowed, we weathered the early storm and took control, helped by an early sending off for that dirty mackem Jordan Henderson.

Dominated the game and perhaps should have been even more emphatic. As a result of that we have now jumped from second bottom to 17th, keeping up this form mid-table obscurity is within the realms of possibility, and if there was a manager of the month then I am throwing my name into the mix, with 15 points out of a possible 18 and sitting top of the current form tables (which means nowt) but still looks good. :P

Accrington Stanley 2-0 Derby County

Yet another fantastic win tonight against Derby' date=' after an edgy first 10 minutes where Derby looked to stamp there authority and had a goal disallowed, we weathered the early storm and took control, helped by an early sending off for that dirty mackem Jordan Henderson.

Dominated the game and perhaps should have been even more emphatic. As a result of that we have now jumped from second bottom to 17th, keeping up this form mid-table obscurity is within the realms of possibility, and if there was a manager of the month then I am throwing my name into the mix, with 15 points out of a possible 8 and sitting top of the current form tables (which means nowt) but still looks good. :P[/font']

Seven wins from your last ten games after going fifteen games without a win is a great turnaround and looks to have come at the right time to save yourselves from the drop, nice work.

Nice 2-2 draw against the Dons, Barkley shining in the game, 9 points clear with 12 to play for, pretty much safe, considering I only need 1 point, so I'll mix it up a bit with the teams. Play more B teamers with 45 min subs to avoid injuries to people, like Zapata. Honda is a bit short for Wednesday :o

Mignolet might even get a rest! 258 appearances at Southampton so far in league games! :eek:

ENHANCED TREBLE!

Bolton, Wolves & Bristol C to get relegated - 9/2

LONGSHOT

Huddersfield to get relegated - 5000/1

Morecambe beat div 3 leaders!

Luis Veigas steered Morecambe to victory against Bath City.

Morecambe beat Bath City 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ilie scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Zuber and Icardi were also amongst the goalscorers.

Fantastic performance by the lads, took sub Icardi to come on and finish Bath off!!

Fans are loving this chase for promotion... only 38 fans short of a full capacity!!!

Record crowd watches Morecambe. 6,364 fans turned out to watch Morecambe against Bath City breaking the previous home record attendance.

Hope we can give it that last push again this season and grab promotion!!!