English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Tough match today as we played top of the league. I decided to go full strength despite only being about 80% fit, so they are stuffed for Wednesday.

We had much the better chances but were unable to convert, when Wrexham scored with their first attempt we knew it was not going to be our day.

Despite this the boys fought on and we reached half time with the scores level at 2-2.

But we got stuffed second half and lost 4-2.

Three very hard matches coming up which I fully expect zero points from.

Odds on we are going down if we do not win the last match of the season. Who knows even that may not be enough :/

Seven wins from your last ten games after going fifteen games without a win is a great turnaround and looks to have come at the right time to save yourselves from the drop' date=' nice work.[/quote']

Thanks mate, sounds about right as I took over 10 games ago, my first game being against Chelsea.

I think if I can manage 6 points out of the last 4 games then it should be enough to keep me up, just a shame I have a mountain of debt, 24 players 3 of who are on loan and one who is retiring :rolleyes: then it looks like I have no option but to work with what I have for quite a while.

Add to that I have 3 first teamers out injured one suspended and quite a few not match fit then it makes it all the more remarkable.

The Chairman of Mansfield Town has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Newport County immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

second time i have an offer since forever! i'll not proceed with it though... Mansfield Town is available

HEREFORD are used to strange things happening at Edgar street but yesterday was certainly one to remember.

Maud hasn't been seen since the reading of Bertie's will, she only sobered up when she was told of all the debts that go with inheriting the club and yesterday she burst into the dressing room just 20 minutes before our kick off against visitors Burnley.

It took a while to realise it was Maud, although I have occassionaly seen her sober, I havn't seen her dressed up like this before, she even smelt good.

Anyway, she ripped into the players, telling them that one win in the last 8 games has left us in a relegation battle and it's is unacceptable to consider going back to div 3.

The truth is that the only way she can come out of this with any money is to sell her 80% share of the club and that will only happen if we stay in Division 2.

the game didn't start the way she intended, went one down in the 4th minute and two down in the 20th minute, although Essyeric pulled one back before half time, the half time talk was interrupted by Maud, I thought she was going to have a heart attack and I got out quick when she started to threaten the players with broken legs if the don't pull their finger.

Danic equalised in the 56th minute and then it was one way traffic but it wasn't until the 89th minute that Inui scored the winning goal.

We are in 14th spot now but just 3 points from relegation and we travel to Millwall for another relegation battle tomorrow night.

Team of the Round

Round 23

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 9th Novemeber 2013. Would have posted this last night but pc crashed when I was almsot done and lost everything, and was too annoyed to do it again :P Going for a 4-3-3 formation as I couldnt find any outstanding wingers, and a center back is at right back as I couldnt find a good one either.

Goalkeeper: Vorm (Shorpe)

Right Back: Kara (Rochdale)

Center Back: Barzagli (Gillingham)

Center Back: Van BUyten (Stoke)

Left Back: Antunes (Gateshead)

Center Midfield: Dzagoev (Leeds)

Center Midfield: Wilshere (Southampton)

Center Midfield: Edkal (Port Vale)

Right Striker: Berahino (Port Vale)

Center Forward: Mandzukic (Preston)

Left Striker: Andre (Tamworth)

Div 1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Leeds play maker Alan Dzagoev. The young Russian was in excellent form against Villa at the weekend. Scoring all three goals in a 3-1 win. Two powerful free kicks and a 25 yard strike, a beautiful taken hat-trick. Takes his goal tally to seven, his best in the Premier League.

In second place is Stokes veteran defender Danny Van Buyten. The Belguim International may be getting old, but is still performing at a very high level and on a consistent basis. He scored his first goal of the season with a thunderbolt from outside the box to give Stoke a 2-0 lead. After the hour he intercepted the ball and made a bursting run into the opponents half, and got an assist with a well weighted through ball which was scored by Vietto. A clean sheet was the icing on the cake with this all round quality performance. Stoke ran out 4-0 winners at Swindon.

The player of the round was a simple choice this time, and goes to Port Vale striker Saido Berahino!!!

e2o4.jpg

Saido Berahino only made his second appearance in a Port Vale shirt at the weekend, eight months after signing for the club. This fantastic display in finishing will surely lead to more first team action in the near future. He opened the scoring in the first minute, and had already completed his hat-trick by the quarter-hour mark. His fourth came before the break with a free-kick into the top corner. A cheeky lob in the 67th minute rounded off a five star performance, a game which Port Vale won 7-3 against Cheltenham. This display will attract more interest from the bigger clubs, with the England u-21 international already making a big impression in real life.

Rick James steered Manchester United to victory against Blackpool.

Manchester United outclassed Blackpool and thrashed them 7 - 2 in their SMFA Champions Cup Semi Final Leg 1 fixture.

Ibrahimovic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bale and Fernandinho were also amongst the goalscorers.

Decent away win against a very very strong opponent, puts one foot firmly in the final:D

Decent away win against a very very strong opponent' date=' puts one foot firmly in the final:D[/quote']

I think changing from a defensive 4-5-1 to an attacking 4-3-3 at the last minute may have been the wrong choice :(

Despite another good season, it still shows the huge gulf in class that seperates us, and still need alot of improvement to my team.

Need to try and win our last 3 league games to secure a spot in next years competition. West Ham (19th), Preston (20th) and Crystal Palace (13th) looks good on paper, but after this defeat the players need to pick themselves up.

Hi all' date=' been in 7777 before looking at getting back in. Heard Mansfield just gone, can you put me on the list when team comes available?[/quote']

They got a new manager earlier this morning.

There only club available is Lincoln (Which is on offer to the Tamworth manager, not sure if hes a forumer).

;2781815']Well pushing forward the attacking options kind of left Asamoah on his larry dealing with three people :D

ENHANCED ODDS

Blackpool to qualify for the next round - 300/1

Rumours going round Smut had a cheeky £50 on that. Half of his yearly budget blown on a bet trying to erase further debts.

Further rumours going round, 15 different loan companies + a few sharks are looking for him

;2781815']Well pushing forward the attacking options kind of left Asamoah on his larry dealing with three people :D

ENHANCED ODDS

Blackpool to qualify for the next round - 300/1

We can only pray the United team bus crashes and automatically putting us in the final :)

(Dont let me down god!)

Rumours going round Smut had a cheeky £50 on that. Half of his yearly budget blown on a bet trying to erase further debts.

Further rumours going round' date=' 15 different loan companies + a few sharks are looking for him[/quote']

Luckily for me , I only own 10% of the debt that Bertie left behind, Maud is the one they are all after but even the loan sharks are scared of her.

we have another meeting with Dodgy Dave at his office tomorrow, he has said that all the legal & financial matters will become clear to us then.

They got a new manager earlier this morning.

There only club available is Lincoln (Which is on offer to the Tamworth manager' date=' not sure if hes a forumer).[/quote']

Ok thanks, will keep an eye out but if Lincoln or any other team becomes available please message me. Thanks.