English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

A spirited performance from the lads against a stronger Walsall. But it probably isn't enough to give us much hope of staying up. Monday will be the crunch time with nothing less than a win needed against local rivals and fellow strugglers' date=' Yeovil.

We also have to hope that QPR leave empty handed against Bath.

Division 4 is looming.......:eek:[/quote']

With the way my Bath are playing... don't hold your hopes up, it's like Paula Ratcliffe at the end of a marathon or an old nag at the end of the Grand National...just one race too far for my old timers...

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Crewe have escaped from Division 4 :P

Need a win in the final two games to secure the title now but I can now plan for life in Division 3.

congratulations, not an easy division to win with so many teams having a similar rated squad.

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa - What's gone wrong?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkrYSey7JxU-MfU6gb_qXGy1-wIiZjv0JX2VhIahZdniqpg2f1

As the season approaches its conclusion, Aston Villa fans around Birmingham could be excused for being absent at school or work on Monday morning.

Saturdays 2-0 defeat at home to Crystal Palace, leaves them staring relegation in the face 37 games into the campaign. It was only Shorpe's inability to win against Middlesbrough on Saturday that still leaves Villa with a fighting chance on Wednesday night. A home fixture against 3rd placed Arsenal who themselves are fighting their own battle of trying to secure a Champions League spot. Even if Aston Villa were to take the 3 points against the gunners, they will still have to rely on Shorpe United not beating Liverpool at home.

If there is a good omen to this otherwise cursed Villa team is that they've been here before. 3 times. Since 7777's inception, Aston Villa's first 3 seasons saw them finish 17th, much to their fans displeasure as much as relief.

Yet here we are at the end of season 6 with what fans feel was very little progress in terms of the quality of the first team, hence not allowing them to establish themselves as the powerhouse of the Division 1.

Despite actually boasting one of the best XI's in the world, Aston Villa are still searching for answers as to why are they continuously underachieving. Many will point to a fixed 1 striker up front formation, but even when played with 2 up front results did not change. The morale in the team seems great even after all the bad results this season. Captain Sakho and Vice Captain Sneijder work their hardest in training and the games, and as a defensive unit Villa pack one of the meanest defences in the league, with the best young keeper in the world Courtois in goal.

Managerial ability is another major point constantly discussed between Villa fans everywhere. Despite 6 seasons of little success Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner seems reluctant to sack Frozy, instead offering him a new 4 year contract earlier in the year. Frozy's managerial credentials before coming to Villa were never questioned. Majority of the fans were delighted upon his appointment, knowing his scout team is among the best in the world and this has been proven overtime, with Villa establishing the strongest youth academy in the world today, adding more scouts from around the world every season. Some may wonder this is the sole reason Frozy is still in the job, as he has one or even two eyes on the future on the club and making it the best in the world eventually as well as ensuring financial success.

Since the beginning of 7777, a lot of teams have progressed very much in terms of quality of the players, as well as all the top managers from around the world eventually settling down to manage anyone available in England who has now established itself as the economical power of the world resulting in a total control of football dominance. This has lead to extreme competitiveness across all 5 divisions, and some will say there's not one bad manager in England now, just the unfortunate one, in case of relegation or a 1st round cup defeat.

Worryingly for Frozy though, he appears to have been unfortunate a time too many, and unless he can pull a rabbit out of the hat on Wednesday night, this could perhaps be the final chapter in his Villa book.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

West Ham United 0 - 2 Sheffield United

Much needed in the race to finish in the European places.

We're in 11th which should be enough if either of Man Utd, Blackpool, Arsenal or Everton win a Euro trophy.

But as we are the same points as City in 10th and play bottom placed Preston on Wednesday, there are lots of possibilities.

I just hope we don't lose as Leeds could still catch us.

Marscheider is going to get a rare start tonight!

Mignolet rested for rest of the season. Giroud, Witsel and Wilshere haven't travelled and are currently at Southampton's training camp in Jamaica. Calum Chambers is doing light upper body training, but is still on crutches, Zapata will be fit for next season, doing light training stamina training in the gym.

Team expected to play tonight:

Marscheider (70)

Jenkinson (86) Ince (78) Stephens (75) Laporte (85)

Soares (85) Schniederlin (87)

Bellerin (76) Barkley (85) Campbell (86)

Akpom (76)

Must win game tonight for Morecambe, and hope for Bury and Forest Green to slip up for a chance of our second promotion in 2 seasons to stay alive!

Never lost a game against my buddie at Rochdale, and sure hope it stays that way tonight. Will be a very difficult game with a few big names missing! :(

Really can't get my head around how I lost tonight. Better possession dominated shot count and shots on target, lost 2-1 to an opponent who only had 2 on target.

Absolutely gutted as the win I deserved would have kept me up, instead I have to wait until the final game of the season to decide my fate.

5 wins out the last 5 takes Huddersfield to 1 point above Dom's Fulham and into the last playoff spot. We play 2nd from bottom Blackburn last game and Fulham are up against champions Wrexham. Whatever happens, it's been quite the ride...

Really can't get my head around how I lost tonight. Better possession dominated shot count and shots on target' date=' lost 2-1 to an opponent who only had 2 on target.

Absolutely gutted as the win I deserved would have kept me up, instead I have to wait until the final game of the season to decide my fate.[/font']

Oh, that would be me. I guess the very aggressive attacking in the final 15 did it for us, coupled with Stanley's lower fitness :)

Akpom offside and scores twice, unlucky Chris.

Birmingham confidently picked apart a weakened XI and ran out 4-0 winners.

After so many should have and could have over the last few weeks the team finally clicked.

The win also confirms safety this year and rockets us up to 12th :D

5 wins out the last 5 takes Huddersfield to 1 point above Dom's Fulham and into the last playoff spot. We play 2nd from bottom Blackburn last game and Fulham are up against champions Wrexham. Whatever happens' date=' it's been quite the ride...

Oh, that would be me. I guess the very aggressive attacking in the final 15 did it for us, coupled with Stanley's lower fitness :)[/quote']

Your losing your marbles mate :) Im the team 2 places above you in Sheffield Wednesday mate :D

Speaking of Wednesday , My 9 men without both forwards at the time due to them sent off we stole a late winner and sealed a playoff spot :P

Can I request to loan 3 70+ players for the last game to make sure my team gets maximum rest? :D

Good performance, linesman was a bit dodgy, Chuba was onside and level for the goals. Soares did well out of position too, looking good though, few risers in my youth team. Lowest I can finish is 9th, no fresh injuries, playing Wolves at home, be a good game to go to. Expect a report Final Score style Wednesday.

Marscheider will make way for Mignolet for the final game, might juggle few people about, but same XI should start.

FANCY DRESS FOR FINAL GAME. NO ENTRANCE PERMITTED WITHOUT!!!!

Right the great Frozy has lent me Samir Currurthers ' date=' Alex pritchard :D , Jacques Zoua :P

I have a RB in CB and a avg of 79 ovr :D

Will you are a lucky man :D[/quote']

Haha my average will be low too. I have the worst luck with injuries and will be taking no chances whatsoever :P

Super Callum Wilson will be the lone target man :D

Anyone else feel sorry for the guy who takes Chelsea over in div 3 :P

Go on Swansea please get a point or more against bottom on Wednesday!

I feel sorry for the teams in division 3 should they get relegated (It looks like they will). Cant feel sorry for the new manager as he will get such a good squad to work with. I hope someone worthy who has done alot of hard work in the lower divisions gets the offer.

A manager that logs on a regular basis, with those players should steam roll division 3.

Cant believe that there is a very high chance that two original div 1 teams (Chelsea + Blackburn) in division 3 next season. Shows the competition is very high. Huge congrats to Wrexham, excellent achievement!

cant get a break! lose at home to Leicester 0-1 and still cling to the last playoff spot.

Cant understand why SM have tortured me & Bath City, we were 1st & 2nd all season now we have both endured a ridiculous run of form...think i have 7 points from 42 or something like that.....

however, i have always been promoted in my 'second season' in a division :P

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Reading.

Wigan Athletic outclassed Reading and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Osvaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fontàs was also on the scoresheet for his side.

can't catch 2nd place now

as their g.d might aswell be an extra point

so playoffs here we come;)