English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The match ended 0 - 0 between Swindon Town and Yeovil Town in their Division 3 fixture

A rather predictable result with both teams playing a tight game with so much at stake & therefore cancelling each other out. In fact, after the match, most fans said that the pre-match advertisement was the highpoint of the game :eek:.....

Unfortunately, with QPR winning at Bath, this result confirms that Swindon are dropping into Division 4 next season. I can't say I am not disappointed but hopefully I have a strong enough team that can mount a serious challenge to come straight back up.

Good luck to Hannah's Yeovil, who now have to get a result against Stoke in the final game in order not to join us.

competition-icon.jpg

Dan Martin steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Reading.

Wigan Athletic outclassed Reading and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Osvaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fontàs was also on the scoresheet for his side.

can't catch 2nd place now

as their g.d might aswell be an extra point

so playoffs here we come;)

Indeed - and the goal machine that is Christian Rogelio Benítez Betancourt, also known as Chucho, will make his last curtain call in game week 46, safe in the knowledge that his 18 goals and 9 man of the match performances have steered the Posh into an unassailable second place promotion slot. It will be an emotional farewell against Walsall, with the irony being that his strike partner will be none other than Raul Jimenez, the man on whose shoulders falls the responsibility of filling the great Chucho's boots. Thank you, Mr Benitez: May God Almighty give your soul peace in abundance, just as you have netted goal after goal.

u guys should offer me the chelsea job and i will surprice all with my form

I am sure I say this on behalf of the majority of managers in 7777, we will do our upmost to give you the job and we all look forward to having a huge surprise in our lives when we see your form with them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSEm2uWPRQm4143yYIrJJq8mX7ST3n_8IGvIhCf5ZWY-Xj9k65pw

Crewe Alexandra Win Division 4

A dream first season in charge at Crewe Alex ends with us lifting the coverted League 2 trophy.

It's been a long long slog this season but thankfully the squad pulled together and ground out hard fought wins like last nights 1-0 win over Kettering.

We look forward to challenging Division 3 with our squad and hopefully this is the start of something good, In six seasons this is Crewe Alex's first ever trophy and I feel privilaged to go where no Crewe manager previous has gone before.

We made a signing after 8 games into the season and it was a real statement signing in Lukas Podolski we gave a lot for him but he has delivered greatly for us along with Jan Rosenthal and Tomas Stepanenko who were also brought in from higher divisions.

We wish all the other teams well and indeed Torquay who will join us in Division 3.

Good luck to all remaining teams who have something to fight for.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhs7jOhq0BSleWWg73kv-DZt4dtW_PaQdaK-WHCJWAxvn0uYdIQw

A rather predictable result with both teams playing a tight game with so much at stake & therefore cancelling each other out. In fact' date=' after the match, most fans said that the pre-match advertisement was the highpoint of the game :eek:.....

Unfortunately, with QPR winning at Bath, this result confirms that Swindon are dropping into Division 4 next season. I can't say I am not disappointed but hopefully I have a strong enough team that can mount a serious challenge to come straight back up.

Good luck to Hannah's Yeovil, who now have to get a result against Stoke in the final game in order not to join us.[/quote']

Thanks but I think I will be joining you in division 4. I need to win and hope other results go my way.

47108.jpg

46456.jpg

Paul-José MPOKU has completed his move to Mansfield Town from Standard Liège for 940,000 plus Alphonse ARÉOLA and Jhon PÍREZ
The offer for Álex LÓPEZ of Celta Vigo from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Really pleased to get these 2 lads Alex Lopex got rejected twice by externals but thank god no one else bidded :D

Div 2

Charlton 2-0 Fulham

Alvaro and Hoilett scored as I fielded a slightly weakened team in this match. Both Monteiro Kadu and Ruben Blanco were tried out in goal with Blanco doing better. Peleteiro Jota played once more also.

We currently lie in 2nd place, a point in front of Barnsley, as it now comes down to the last game of the season. We didn't expect to win the division or get promoted at the start, but if we end up in the playoffs now, it would be a disaster.

Team New(s) for Southampton

Simon Mignolet is drafted in to start his 45th league game of the season for Eric Marschieder and Jack Stephens will be replaced with Emmanuel Frimpong, whos future is still undecided. Hector Bellerin is replaced by Serdar Tasci who is seeking a move from the Saints, could be a good move if he plays well.

We will play a huge role on dictating who may get relegated playing Wolves. Many former Division 1 heavy weights are in serious contention for Division 3. I continue to experiment. Might try a different formation, but unsure as of yet.

Expected line-up:

Mignolet (89)

Jenkinson (86) Ince (78) Tasci (89) Laporte (85)

Frimpong (83) Schniederlin (87)

Soares (85) Barkley (85) Campbell (86)

Akpom (76)

Hoping maybe Barkley, Campbell & Laporte could get well earnt rises during the season break! Barkley key for Everton, Campbell playing CL & Laporte playing in Bilbao every weekend.

Div 2

Charlton 2-0 Fulham

Alvaro and Hoilett scored as I fielded a slightly weakened team in this match. Both Monteiro Kadu and Ruben Blanco were tried out in goal with Blanco doing better. Peleteiro Jota played once more also.

We currently lie in 2nd place' date=' a point in front of Barnsley, as it now comes down to the last game of the season. We didn't expect to win the division or get promoted at the start, but if we end up in the playoffs now, it would be a disaster.[/quote']

you entertain HEREFORD in your last game and we are in a bit of a dilema, we have to put out a decent, fit side and try to win the game, that would only be fair to Barnsley but we would also like to see you promoted as you have done wonders with a lowly rated team.

Actually the current top 6 have done superbly this season, a lot more higher rated teams languish in the bottom half.

Will do B)

Also happy birthday Marius

Happy birthday Marius.

Riece' date=' i suggest you take him out for a few beers tonight and then get the neccesary info to get into his Liverpool account.[/quote']

I'm guessing you guys are referring to me ? Mario* not Marius. But close enough, and I can't really complain, thanks for the wishes lads.

I've already had a few last night. Took today off.

Good luck tonight Riece, my Liverpool don't really have much to fight for, very unlikely to finish top 4. But I will put out my best side out there to be fair to Frozy who needs a result out of this :P

I'm guessing you guys are referring to me ? Mario* not Marius. But close enough' date=' and I can't really complain, thanks for the wishes lads.

I've already had a few last night. Took today off.

Good luck tonight Riece, my Liverpool don't really have much to fight for, very unlikely to finish top 4. But I will put out my best side out there to be fair to Frozy who needs a result out of this :P[/quote']

I was thinking who it was but i just copied Paul

Yeah keep it fair man, if i go down I cant be to disappointed as i have been in division 1 since season 3 so that's good for a side like mine :D

EDIT- Just seen i will get relegated most likely as i have only won 1 game at home :(