English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Prepared to swap Nordtveit in a 2 for 1 offer and any cash is welcome. With Scharner retiring I will be down to 20 players so get your bids in quick otherwise I won't be able to do any deals. Any help in reducing my 9.7m debt would be greatly appreciated so any top clubs willing to help out would be great.

Well what was a tough start to life in division 3 for Notts County turned into a pretty satisfying season. Having occupied the bottom 3 at the half way point of the season and with a 7-0 defeat to Stoke relegation was certainly looking a strong possibility, but that result seemed to spur the team and manager on to be defeated only 4 more times and finishing 10th just 4 points off a playoff spot and throw in the English Championship Shield after beating Middlesbrough on penalties in the final for my first trophy and the fans are delighted.

Thanks to everyone for the loans this season and best of luck to everyone in the playoffs

Best of Luck Telmo :)

As far as Mansfield are concerned,we got our first loss of the season against Hayes and Reading making us finish into 19th position which I think is decent as when I took over we were at 23rd.

Two more Arrivals at the club.

The offer for Ismaël DIOMANDÉ of AS Saint-Etienne from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Has played a fair few minutes for Etienne and him being currently 78 I can expect +2/3

The offer for Gaëtan BUSSMAN of FC Metz from Mansfield Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Regular for Metz in Ligue 2 who are currently top of the league with him starting each and every match.Has two goals as well which is a bonus being a defender.RATED 78 as well so I can expect a rise here as well.

Right, FGR begin there pre-season squad overhaul once again...

12 players go straight on the TL, lots of youth internationals including..

Miguel Borja

Andres Renteria

Nikolaj Thomasen

Angel Romero

+ more.

just make an offer that obviously will better an external bid, or thats were they will be off too! :)

also on the TL is Ki.ke SOLA of Bilbao, had a bad injury this season but big things are expected when he returns, was brought in to replace Llorente...yours for 5M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 19 players on loan, lots of quality talent looking for another season on loan again next year. Take a look for anyone you like, however the clubs who have had them this year get priority (IN BOLD), but get your interest in early, they may not want/require them again next season!

(however i doubt the 87s will be able to go back out by the chairman)

MIELITZ, Sebastian GK 24 86 York City

GOICOECHEA, Mauro GK 25 85 Crawley Town

KELAVA, Ivan GK 25 85 Coventry City

IAGO, Herrerín GK 25 83 Derby County

MORENO, Alberto D,DM,M(L) 21 87 Notts County

SELIN, Yevhen D(LC) 25 86 Walsall

KOLASINAC, Sead D(LC),DM© 20 85 Bolton Wanderers

MOLEDO, Rodrigo D(RC) 26 85 Rushden & Diamonds

RÜDIGER, Antonio D(RC) 20 84 Cardiff City

FLORES, Gerardo D,DM,M® 27 85 Crawley Town

BERNAT, Juan D,DM,M,AM(L) 20 85 Charlton Athletic

UÇAN, Salih DM,M,AM© 19 85 Bristol Rovers

BARTHELME, Maxime D,DM,M,AM(L) 25 86 Bolton Wanderers

SAÚL, Ñíguez M©,AM(LC) 19 84 Barrow AFC

KHAZRI, Wahbi M©,AM(RLC) 22 87 Altrincham

MAXIM, Alexandru AM(RLC) 23 86 Leyton Orient

SARARER, Sercan AM(RL),F(RLC) 23 86 Rushden & Diamonds

BAPTISTÃO, Léo AM,F(RLC) 21 87 Rushden & Diamonds

ZOZULYA, Roman AM(RL),F(RLC) 24 86 Newport County

still in the squad is

Uros SPAJIC CB 85

TRIGUEROS, Manu AM(RLC) 83

MUSTAFI, Shkodran D(RC) 83

all due nice rises IMO so grab them for next seasons campaign

Team of the Round

Round 25

Hey all. Here is my final team of the round for this season. Unfortunately I couldn't do one for Saturdays game as I was very busy with work. Here is the team of the round for games played on Wednesday 20th November 2013. Using a formation that I haven't used for these which is 5-4-1 as there were some good defensive performances. Usually I try to avoid using more than one player from one club (I have four here :() But couldn't leave them out.

Goalkeeper: Neto (Nottingham Forest)

Right Back: Boateng (Liverpool)

Center Back: Kone (Bournemouth)

Center Back: Araujo (Macclesfield Town)

Center Back: Spajic (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Left Back: Cissokho (Newcastle)

Right Midfield: Meyer (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Center Attacking Midfielder: Messi (Liverpool)

Center Defensive Midfielder: Obi (Bournemouth)

Left Midfield: Quintero (Crewe)

Striker: Belfodil (Crewe)

Div 1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

In third place is Liverpool Striker Lionel Messi. Surprising the three time World Player of the years first appearance in team of the Round. The little magicians best goal scoring season with 20 league goals, accomplished with a brace in the final game against Shorpe. It was Messi's cross in the 78th minute which gave Liverpool a 2-1 lead. Minutes later he scored with a neat finish. In the 85th minute his quick foot work drew a foul, and he stepped up to convert the resulting penalty.

In second place is Bournemouth defender Lamine Kone. The Ivorian scored his second goal of the season to open the scoring with a fantastic long range effort. His long range pass six minutes later gave his side a 2-1 lead and was also his first assist in 33 games. Kone was also involved with the third goal, notching up his second assist after intercepting the ball and making a well time pass forward for Joel Obi to score. Bourrnemouth eventually ran out 6-1 winners over York City.

The final player of the round for Season 6 is Crewe winger Juan Quintero!!!

yxxh.jpg

With Crewe already crowed Division 4 champions, a host of squad players including Quintero were given a run out. It shows the depth and quality that Crewe possess, as they still manage to run out 7-0 winners against Carlisle. Quintero was at the heart of everything and creating the opening five goals. The first two coming from pin point free-kicks. Two well timed crosses and a perfectly weighted through ball. He capped off an excellet game with a fine shot with the outside of his foot which curled into the top corrner.

After the play-offs i'll be doing a Manager and Player of the Season Awards. I will post a more detailed post in a few days to explain, hopefully lots of you will take part :D

Div4

Torquay United

Season Review - 2nd (P)

Sitting third from bottom after eleven games it was clear that all on The English Riviera wasn't well.

Despite a decent average rating of 88 the Plainmoor First XI had a similarly advanced average age of 33.

The immediate priority for the new manager was to make wholesale changes in order to inject some youth and improve the future potential of the squad.

Eighteen senior players departed to be replaced by twenty younger and hungrier first teamers (avg. age 24) and fourteen youths were signed up to the academy.

The transformation on the pitch was immediate and Torquay quickly departed the danger zone and headed toward mid-table.

The Plainmoor faithful were also rewarded for their long-suffering support with the unlikely elimination of Arsenal in the third round of The League Cup.

Having arrived at mid-table a subsequent run of just two wins from nine league games pointed to the team having reached its potential and no-one could have had any complaints.

But no, with the games coming thicker and faster and a careful squad rotation policy to maintain fitness the run-in saw just one defeat in the final sixteen matches elevating Torquay through the play-off places and eventually into the runners-up spot.

Congratulations must go to Crewe on their Division 4 title. Also to Aldershot on reaching the third automatic promotion place.

So, on to next season in Division 3.

Nobody's under any illusion that it won't be doubly hard especially with the rather hefty debt suppressing any transfer activity for now. It may largely be a case of hoping/waiting for risers to improve the playing staff rather than by acquisition. Exciting stuff, nonetheless.

Finally, good luck to all those competing in tonight's play-offs - rather you than me.

:)

Player of The Season: Joao Rojas 24/86 AM(RL), F(RLC) - 15G 9ASS 8MOM

36570.jpg

175px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png

EC7777 Brief History

Current manager: Gonzodan. Games played: 225

Season 1 6th Div 2

Season 2 12th Div 2 The Gonzodan era begins

Season 3 6th Div 2 Division 2 Play-off Winners; English Championship Cup Runners up

Season 4 9th Div 1

Season 5 11th Div 1 SMFA Shield Winners

Season 6 11th Div 1 SMFA Super Cup Runners-up

Season 7 Let's see...

Star Players: Lewandowski (94), Oscar (91), Godin (91), Koke (90)

175px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png

EC7777 Brief History

Current manager: Gonzodan. Games played: 225

Season 1 6th Div 2

Season 2 12th Div 2 The Gonzodan era begins

Season 3 6th Div 2 Division 2 Play-off Winners; English Championship Cup Runners up

Season 4 9th Div 1

Season 5 11th Div 1 SMFA Shield Winners

Season 6 11th Div 1 SMFA Super Cup Runners-up

Season 7 Let's see...

Star Players: Lewandowski (94)' date=' [b']Oscar[/b] (91), Godin (91), Koke (90)

#BringLewandowskiBackToAstonVilla! B)

Blackpool season review

gjz7.png

No trophies this year for little old Blackpool, but a another very successful campaign punching above our weight. A champions League semi-finalist and third place in the Premier League on a very small budget.

The season began well, with an 8 game unbeaten run in the league which placed us top of the table, only to come crashing down to earth with a 4-1 defeat to rivals Tottenham. After that it was a struggle to put a run of wins together, unable to string three league wins together for the rest of the season. Despite the stop-start season, Champions League football for next season was secured in the final 12 minutes of the season, with Samuel Eto'os winning goal over Crystal Palace moving us from 5th to 3rd.

With the club reaching a financial crisis mid-season, form took a dip as star players Claudio Marchisio, Raul Meireles and Lassana Diarra were all sold. The turning point of the season was selling Marchisio to eventual title winners Manchester United, with the Italian leading United to a fantastic final third of the season. The Italian also haunted Blackpool during the Champions League semi-final, as he scored the opening goal and captained United to a humiliating 7-2 win at Bloomfield Road.

The target at the start of the season was to win either the Capital One Cup or FA Cup. Another dissapointing campaign in these competitions, with embarrasing defeats to Division 4 side Exeter and Division 5 Shrewsbury.

Many Blackpool players have had another fantastic season, and are in perfect form for the world cup. Here are some of the stand out players.

Carlos Tevez - Starts:43, Goals: 20, Assists: 16.

Samuel Eto'o - Starts: 40, Goals: 21, Assists: 7.

Theo Walcott - Starts: 37, Goals: 22, Assists: 10.

Jesus Navas - Starts: 34, Goals: 5, Assists: 13.

Willian - Starts: 38, Goals: 6, Assists: 20.

soq2.jpg

(Player of the season, Once again goes to Skipper Carlos Tevez)

The board is still delighted with the work that manager Marc Spicer has done this season, and have offered the young Englishman a new 3 year deal at Bloomfield Road, which was signed on Thursday afternoon.

"My love for this club is huge. I have built this club for six seasons and would love to do another six more. I was flattered with reports linking me to Chelsea, but my heart is solely focused on making Blackpool English Champions!"

-Marc Spicer

Spicer has been in charge of Blackpool for six seasons, managing a total of 329 games. Here is a list of honours he has achieved whilst at Blackpool.

Season 1: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 2: SMFA Champions Cup : Winner

Season 3: SMFA Super Cup : Winner

Season 3: SMFA Champions Cup : Runner-Up

Season 4: English Championship Shield : Winner

Season 5: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 5: SMFA Shield : Runner-Up

Sunderland end in 7th,after briefly flirting with the Champions league places.

Congrats to United,and the others who managed top 4.

Also congrats to all other league winners,and playoff winners.

As always,looking to freshen up my squad so if any of my players interest you,get in touch.

We also will have plenty of loans for next season,so if your squad need a boost,let me know:)

Rodelin leaves Mansfield!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUI4r_TEhlGDUTPNAY4yos1tdlThsk8pI4-upxh1HT8GJvYnQSxg

(Rodelin rejoins Lille)

Mansfield have decided to sell their main asset Rodelin back to Lille after he was told that he isnt in the plans of RPR for the next season.There was no option for Rodelin but to return to Lille,the place he arrived at Mansfield a couple of seasons ago.

However,Eyebrows were raised when Mansfield decided to sell their star player Rodelin for a fee of 7.2m and the majority of fans were criticizing the manager on which looked like a very stupid move.

However,RPR has turned the tables around and has secured three Excellent players in the form of Meunier,John Ruiz and Michael Keane(Loan) from Manutd for a combined fee of 4.6m whereas Keane will stay at the club for the next whole season and will strengthen Mansfield's defense.

Mansfield have also secured the signing of highly rated Austrian Sascha Horvath in a swap deal for Kone and Roggia.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlZARehkF1qr7XD7s_EFLw0BoIZFa1uL5vH6d3BOk-SCOpxfup

Under intense pressure we absolutely destroyed Barnsley 3-0 and I even had a 77 fwd on the pitch :P

Now we are 1 game away from the promised land , I cant tell you how much I want to get there and I can see the light.

Certainly the biggest game of my 7777 and high stakes for both me and Ryan at Hull. Good luck mate , May the best team win :)

Under intense pressure we absolutely destroyed Barnsley 3-0 and I even had a 77 fwd on the pitch :P

Now we are 1 game away from the promised land ' date=' I cant tell you how much I want to get there and I can see the light.

Certainly the biggest game of my 7777 and high stakes for both me and Ryan at Hull. Good luck mate , May the best team win :)[/quote']

Fantastic stuff Dom,well done:)

What was the other result?

Just checked,Hull romped it,should be a cracking final.

Manchester United season 6 review

Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg_.png

After starting out the season with a loss to Exeter City in the Charity Shield followed by first round exits in both the Cup & Shield and taking a grand total of 4 points from our first 9 games to sit bottom of the table things were looking pretty dire on the red side of Manchester. The turning point of the season came after being publicly mocked by then table topping Plymouth Argyle, United went on a tear not seen at Old Trafford since I took over as manager, going on a 17 game unbeaten streak to push themselves right back into contention for both the premier league title & the champions league trophy, a couple of minor hiccups along the way to Colchester & Shorpe meant it was a nervous time heading into the final game of the season against Plymouth but the lads held on to win the trophy and become the first two time champs in 7777 history, the season is not quite over though as after dispatching of our highly respected long term rivals Blackpool in the champions league semi final the boys have a game against Roma to secure the double in 5 days time.

As always United were active in the transfer market with some of our biggest deals being;

Jordi Alba – Jack Wilshere, Rafael Da Silva & 1 Mill

Claudio Marchisio – Douglas Costa, Ravel Morrison & 12.9 Mill

Giuseppe Rossi – Arda Turan, Jores Okore & 1.9 Mill

And in maybe the most controversial and scrutinized move superstar phenom Mario Gotze left Old Trafford to be replaced by another budding superstar in Julian Draxler and Spanish RB Daniel Carvajal, this one was a risk but I had an eye to the future and hopefully it pays off.

Player of the Season

13524.jpg

It was a close call with many deserving winners but after appearing 32 games, scoring 13 goals and providing 19 more to lead the league in assists Gareth Bale is named as our player of the season

Uniteds 7777 Honours list…

Season 1: SMFA Champions Cup : Runner-Up

Season 2: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 3: English Championship Shield : Runner-Up

Season 4: SMFA Shield : Runner-Up

Season 4: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 5: Division 1 : Winner

Season 6: Division 1 : Winner

Season 6: SMFA Champions Cup : Winner??

Manchester United season 6 review

Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg_.png

After starting out the season with a loss to Exeter City in the Charity Shield followed by first round exits in both the Cup & Shield and taking a grand total of 4 points from our first 9 games to sit bottom of the table things were looking pretty dire on the red side of Manchester. The turning point of the season came after being publicly mocked by then table topping Plymouth Argyle' date=' United went on a tear not seen at Old Trafford since I took over as manager, going on a 17 game unbeaten streak to push themselves right back into contention for both the premier league title & the champions league trophy, a couple of minor hiccups along the way to Colchester & Shorpe meant it was a nervous time heading into the final game of the season against Plymouth but the lads held on to win the trophy and become the first two time champs in 7777 history, the season is not quite over though as after dispatching of our highly respected long term rivals Blackpool in the champions league semi final the boys have a game against Roma to secure the double in 5 days time.

As always United were active in the transfer market with some of our biggest deals being;

Jordi Alba – Jack Wilshere, Rafael Da Silva & 1 Mill

Claudio Marchisio – Douglas Costa, Ravel Morrison & 12.9 Mill

Giuseppe Rossi – Arda Turan, Jores Okore & 1.9 Mill

And in maybe the most controversial and scrutinized move superstar phenom Mario Gotze left Old Trafford to be replaced by another budding superstar in Julian Draxler and Spanish RB Daniel Carvajal, this one was a risk but I had an eye to the future and hopefully it pays off.

[center']Player of the Season

13524.jpg[/center]

It was a close call with many deserving winners but after appearing 32 games, scoring 13 goals and providing 19 more to lead the league in assists Gareth Bale is named as our player of the season

Uniteds 7777 Honours list…

Season 1: SMFA Champions Cup : Runner-Up

Season 2: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 3: English Championship Shield : Runner-Up

Season 4: SMFA Shield : Runner-Up

Season 4: Division 1 : Runner-Up

Season 5: Division 1 : Winner

Season 6: Division 1 : Winner

Season 6: SMFA Champions Cup : Winner??

Apart from the stutter towards the end,been a fantastic season for you,fully deserved first time 2 time champ.(if that makes sense lol)

Good luck in the Champions league final:)

Now we are 1 game away from the promised land ' date=' I cant tell you how much I want to get there and I can see the light.

Certainly the biggest game of my 7777 and high stakes for both me and Ryan at Hull. Good luck mate , May the best team win :)[/quote']

Good luck both to you and Ryan both deserve division 1 so it will be a shame to see one lose.

Ryan has been so loyal to Hull so he has done a good job this season :)

Dom you have done well for your first season in charge also :)

Season 1: Division 2 -19th - 55 points

Season 2: Division 2 play off winner-4th - 75 points

Season 3: Division 1 - 11th - 53 points

Season 4: Division 1 - 17th - 43 points

Season 5: Division 1 - 8th - 54 points

Season 6: Division 1 - 17th - 36 points

I always survive relegation by 1 or 2 points :P