English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Smut mate' date=' I know things were serious at your club, but I never thought it would go this far....

[url']http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25449401[/url]

In an interview with BBC Hereford and Worcester on Thursday morning, Bulls manager Smut said he had only just been made aware of the gravity of the situation.

My thoughts are with your club at this difficult time... :(

Sod your thoughts, its your bank balance that we need to be with us.

Although I had quietly mentioned that we were up for sale a few weeks ago, I was told not to go into detail at the time.

i'll recap now, Bertie left his company assets which included the club to Maud , the only exception was Donna and myself getting 10% of the club.

problem was there was no cash and the bank didn't trust Maud so a cash flow problem has ensued.

Luckily there are a few interested parties so we still hope to have a long term future at the club.

the transfer embargo now placed on us doesn't matter as we are more than 34M in debt.

on a happier note, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea last night, good display by the lads , got the better of the stats and despite Chelsea resting some top players, there ratings were still much higher than ours.

quite scary when we look at Chelsea, Villa & Newcastle squads.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Blackpool agree deal to re-sign Adriano

Blackpool have agreed a deal to resign Brazilian full-back Adriano. The 91 rated rb/lb was one of Marc Spicers first signings when he took over back in September 2011, But was sold in the same season to raise funds.

With the financial future of the club looking healthy, we are delighted to bring him back. The club have searched for a long time for another defender, as we felt six would not be enough for the whole season.

Carlos Vela moves in the other direction, shame to lose him but we are well covered in attack, aswell as £6.7million.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (91) Pepe (92) Adriano (91)

Navas (92) Tevez (93) Asamoah (91) Eto'o (92) Willian (91)

Walcott (91) Villa (93)

Danilo (89), Filipe (90), Koscienly (90) Melo (90), Costa (89), Danny (90), Mirallas (89)

First time in over a year that i've been able to field a side full of 91's or over. Very happy now with the squad and definately feel its in the strongest shape since I first joined. :D

Youth squad continues to improve to aswell, with Patryk Mikita rising from 75 -> 78

Captain Honda, Solid Rock Matuidi and Target Man Giroud share the gpals as Southampton win 3-2 against Barnsley.

Saints became a bit over confident, but Barnsley left it too late. We move up and so far has been satisfactory but nothing special.

I see they are doing a few German changes, fancy going to the PL and strengthening my B Team SM?

;2808886']Captain Honda' date=' Solid Rock Matuidi and Target Man Giroud share the gpals as Southampton win 3-2 against Barnsley.

Saints became a bit over confident, but Barnsley left it too late. We move up and so far has been satisfactory but nothing special.

I see they are doing a few German changes, fancy going to the PL and strengthening my B Team SM?[/quote']

Could well be soon, doing Serie A now..

Some big deals going on, seems Chelsea dont like 90+ rated players!

Russia beat Norway 3 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 13 fixture

After his superb performances last season, Bradford City's Alexandr Kokorin was my first choice striker to partner Kerzhakov up front but, having picked up a hamstring injury during the week, I had to look for someone else.

So I decided to be selfish and give my own Russian striker, Artem Dzyuba, a call-up to the international team. Turned out to be a good decision. He provided both assists for the first two goals and then got brought down in the box in the 80th minute but stepped up to calmly make it 3-0 :)....

A stunning performance and I hope he carries that confidence into our league game against Hartlepool tonight!!

Marcel SCHMELZER has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £10,000,000 plus Papastathopoulos SOKRATIS and Mateo MUSACCHIO
Gonzalo HIGUAÍN has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur from Chelsea for £2,500,000 plus João MOUTINHO and Karim BENZEMA

Finally managed to get a couple of new faces in at Spurs. I'm really pleased to get Higuain, he is one of my favourite players. Moutinho isn't in my starting 11 and Benzema will be replaced by Higgy.

Still looking to get some deals done; Di Maria, Modric, Lavezzi, Garay, Isla and Ola John are all available.

51896.jpg

20 year old 85 rated France under 21 RB Dimitri Foulquier is available for £8 million' date=' that is £1.1 million over the external offer, cracking young player with a decent future.[/quote']

he's decent. you should keep him. i sold him as i thought i was doing the previous manager a favour yet he left.

Surprised that Accrington won tonight as I have been unable to get online to do any tactics due to last minute Chrimbo shopping.

Surprised I was still signed in from this afternoon to be honest, is that normal? I thought the game signed you out if you were inactive for a certain length of time.

Anyway a nice 3-1 win so can't complain. Once the league tables update I will be sitting pretty around 6-8th place.

;2810016']he's decent. you should keep him. i sold him as i thought i was doing the previous manager a favour yet he left.

Yeah he is a decent player no doubt but we have a small club mentality .

Stevenage share the spoils with Darlington in a fiery encounter, a man sent off each and two goals apiece.

Gave up on actually signing a decent striker so gave young lad Casnos a chance, and used two up front for the first time in a long time, and smashed Hudders 4-0! Both Casnos and Pato scored 1 each, Lucas and Pedro adding 2 more. The only downer is Belhanda out for 6 weeks with a damaged cartilage :(

Gave up on actually signing a decent striker so gave young lad Casnos a chance' date=' and used two up front for the first time in a long time, and smashed Hudders 4-0! Both Casnos and Pato scored 1 each, Lucas and Pedro adding 2 more. The only downer is Belhanda out for 6 weeks with a damaged cartilage :([/quote']

I can tell you Casnos is a good striker, he scored a few for me:p

Bad night for County as they were out played in a 3-0 away defeat at Rushden. "Rushden showed us how to finish we created some decnt chances but failed to take them and from 1-0 up they looked comfortable", boss Reynolds commented.

Stockport as yet have enquires for highly rated Zieler and Cabella but nothing as yet has been ageed with County looking for 2 players in return for each player although Reynolds his hinted at Cabella staying.

Newport County slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Luton Town in their Division 5 fixture.

Loé was on the scoresheet for his side.

lost good in possession but managed to shoot more on target. can't decide but think i could have draw this one.

congratulations to luton.

Adriano B. steered Carlisle United to victory against Tranmere Rovers.

Carlisle United beat Tranmere Rovers 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Barrientos scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sidibé was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The win keeps us unbeaten and top of the league. It's been an unprecedented successful 3 game week that has seen us not budge from the summit. New signing in goal Cassio did a great job in his first game succeeding the brilliant Malafeev and Huszti yet again impressed with the captaincy.

Not only are we top in the league but Barrientos is the League's top scorer and Huszti the League's best average performer.

Swindon Town outclassed Hartlepool United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Comfortable victory against Hartlepool last night. Bebras Natcho bagged his 4th goal in 5 games.

Took Mbokani off late in the game but not before he had scored and done enough to earn MOTM award.

Artem Dzyuba followed up his international performance with another fine display providing a further 2 assists.

So all is happy in the Swindon camp right now!

Tomorrow's cup match is at home to Altrincham.

SAINTS NEWS

Squad News

Expect changes for tonight, Cup has returned and Saints begin their shot at glory at home against Brentford. Expect wholesale changes to the squad, with probably only Laporte and Szczesny remaining in the team.

Calum and Serdar are both nearly ready to put their boots on and begin light training, but for now they continue to work out in the gym working on their upper bodies, as Calum's ankle ligament and Serdar's Calf are still very soft.

Transfer news

It has emerged that Jack Wilshere is leaving the club, after long speculation a deal has come, it will bring Keisuke Honda's partner in crime Shinji Kagawa to the club as well as talent Serge Gnabry who will hopefully want to follow in his footsteps.

Following this will see Manchester City reserve Damian Martinez also join the club for an undisclosed fee.

Another deal has emerged that Emmanuel Frimpong will be leaving the club, he has failed to get into the first team, resorting to minutes on mondays.

His twitter

#Saints have been well #DENCH to me, sad to go but gotta get playin, hope to come back one day #COYS

Manager Comments

It is late, but I feel some good business has been done, shame to see Jack leave but with the money we have coming in, we hope to find another Jack in the transfer market. I cannot wait to play Serge, have always been a big fan, if the deal is done in time, I might even ask for clearance to play him on Monday in the Cup! Shinji is a great playmaker, and him with Keisuke should be brilliant, they are deadly for Japan, hope to be deadly for the Saints!

All the best to Frimpong and his future career.

Alcantara Thiago left the club today, Blaszczykowski and Alderweireld will come our way, Alderweireld for the cash is the second part of the deal.

Wilshere also arrived from Southampton for Kagawa, Gnabry and Martinez who will move to them tomorrow.

Manchester City beat Fulham 3-2 at the Etihad tonight in the first round of the Cup, Huntelaar put them ahead after just two minutes but in less than a minute after David Silva put us level, a few minutes later Aguero put us ahead, on the hour substitute Yarmolenko put them on level terms but David Silva got us the winner eleven minutes later.

There was only 4 changes to the City side that beat Sheffield United at the weekend, Martins Indi, Gerrard, Paulinho and Suarez came in for Kompany, Van Persie and Thiago and Kagawa who left today, any more and we may have lost, nice to see a couple of the big clubs out, we have drawn Cardiff in round 2.