English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Drew 1-1 against a significantly stronger Newcastle side, and I thought I had nicked the win but for it to be ruled offside.

I can't believe how tight this league is, 2 or 3 wins on the bounce for some of the teams in the bottom half would catapult them into play off contention.

Stevenage continue there winning ways and win 2-0 against Hayes, Vagner-Love and Stuani with the goals, another clean sheet for the meanest defense in the division, conceding only 4 goals in the last 10 league games.

The win takes us up to 9th place in the league which is the highest we have been in my tenure, we are creeping up to the playoff spots with confidence.

We lose Mujdza and Captain Adirian Silva to short-term injuries but we have cover so it is all good.

Stockport's mini winning run came to end tonight going down 2-1 at home to Cheltenham, Sanchez scoring County's goal.

On Monday night County progressed to the Quarter Finals of the English Shield after winning 4-3 at Grimsby, Lucas, Cabella, Waris & leon with the goals.

Remy Cabella will complete his move to Burnley with Jonathan & Acquah plus £2m in the opposite direction- this will be done over 2 deals.

After looking through the team I have listed a few players for transfer.

Bertrand, Rossettinni, Abdulrahman and Corona can all go for cash offers.

Ben Arfa can go for a decent P/E deal.

Begovic can go for a P/E deal that includes a keeper.

Defour could also leave for a decent P/E deal.

Shawcross is listed for cash, but I would accept a P/E deal.

Make any bids or PM me :)

Blackpool 4-2 Leeds

Blackpool came from behind with a late flurry of goals to win at Elland Road. Blackpool took the lead before half time with a David Villa header. Cisse and Affelay put Leeds in front before the hour. Arjen Robben made his first notable contribution since his arrival, his cross headed in by Samuel Eto'o. Blackpool were in front on the 79th minute, Asamoah smashing the ball in for his second of the season. Leeds pushed for an equaliser and with 4 minutes remaining a counter attack from Blackpool was finished with a tap in for Villa. Tevez instrumental as always, with his second MOM in a row.

Up to 8th now and four points off Champions League spot :)

Notts County 0-3 CREWE

Terrific away win over the league leaders which now see's me move to within 6 points of them.

Niang,Rosenthal and Podolski grabbed the goals.

Sitting 2nd in the League and a real possibility of back to back promotions if this continues :)

Unbeaten run continues for Morecambe!

Luis Veigas earned a draw with Morecambe against Aldershot Town.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Morecambe and Aldershot Town in their Division 3 fixture.

Dyer was on the scoresheet for his side.

A game I thought we would have won but credit to Aldershot for stopping us. Pretty even game so have to be pleased with the point.

Morecambe are on a sweet run of 8 games unbeaten in all competitions. After last night draw with Aldershot, sees us unbeaten in 6 league games!

We stay 4th, 3 points from second place Crewe and 9 points from league leaders Notts County!

---------------------

Gutted we couldn't play just that little bit better and grab all 3 points. This is football tho, and I'm just pleased that our unbeaten run has not come to an end. The lads have been brilliant all season, so can't really fault em on this result. Gutted to see Kevin get an injury on his debut, but he is only out for a week and a bit and hopefully will return with more hunger and help us clinch promotion. For now we have enough cover and hopefully the other lads will continue to play well. Pleased with how the team is shaping up and I think for this season we are done in the market.

---------------------

New signing Kévin MONNET-PAQUET got his debut last night only to be subbed on the hour mark due to injury! Lad is now out for 11 days! Big loss!

---------------------

i1ff2f.png

Bolton Wanderers 3 - 0 Hereford United

Bolton come out as 3-0 victors against Hereford at the Reebok Stadium last night and moved up to 17th in the league. The score-line is deceiving and looking at the stats I would've been happy with a draw to be honest. Julian Draxler was the star of the show with 1 goal and an assist and he also named the MOTM. This is the team that started against Hereford:

Krul (89)

Carvajal (88) Dante (93) Wijnaldum (84) Alaba (93)

Strootman © (91)

Zuniga (90) Holtby (89) Draxler (90) Bernat (87)

Kiessling (91)

Julian Draxler opened the scoring for Bolton in the 25th minute, Juan Bernat providing the assist. Draxler was involved in Bolton's second goal as well, this time providing the assist to Stefan Kiessling who headed the ball into the back of the net from a Draxler corner. 19 year old Arkadiusz Milik came on in the 75th minute and it didn't take him long for him to make his mark on the game as he provided the assist for Kiessling's second goal of the night & Bolton's 3rd in the 85th minute.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Swindon Town and Brentford in their Division 4 fixture

A goalless draw at Brentford brings our winning streak to an end but I am happy enough with a point. Both Goalkeepers put in an outstanding performance; Brentford's Isaksson winning Man of the Match & our Sergei Pesyakov keeping his third clean sheet in a row.

It was always going to be touch & go whether Mbokani would be fit enough to play and in the end I decided not to take a risk and kept him on the bench instead.

The Division's Top scorer will be unleashed against Macclesfield Town on Saturday though.

International night tonight sees Russia facing Estonia in our World Cup Group 13 Qualifier with 4 first teamer's missing. :eek:

Zhirkov, captain Igor Denisov & Dmitri Kombarov are all on a one match suspension and Accrington's Aleksandr Kerzhakov has a foot injury.

This means that Swindon's in-form Artem Dzyuba will keep his place and partner Bradford City's Kokorin up front.

Vladimir Granat is expected to be named in the starting eleven earning his third international cap.

Could there be a surprise recall for veteran hit-man Andrey Arshavin???

A win will certainly put Russia in a commanding position in the group.

Notts County 0-3 CREWE

Terrific away win over the league leaders which now see's me move to within 6 points of them.

Niang' date='Rosenthal and Podolski grabbed the goals.

Sitting 2nd in the League and a real possibility of back to back promotions if this continues :)[/quote']

Well done mate. Hopefully a wake up call for my Notts Co

A goalless draw at Brentford brings our winning streak to an end but I am happy enough with a point. Both Goalkeepers put in an outstanding performance; Brentford's Isaksson winning Man of the Match & our Sergei Pesyakov keeping his third clean sheet in a row.

It was always going to be touch & go whether Mbokani would be fit enough to play and in the end I decided not to take a risk and kept him on the bench instead.

The Division's Top scorer will be unleashed against Macclesfield Town on Saturday though.

Might get a chance to catch you after that slip up! Although 11 points adrift might be too much!! But a good round for me as i win and all 4 top teams dropped points!!

Russia slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against Estonia in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 13 fixture
..... one of those frustrating times when your 89 rated previously unbeaten team has home advantage against an 81 rated unmanaged side of minnows, you have practically the same formation but manage more shots and more shots on target, your striker has a blinder and wins man of the match....

You feed all that into the match engine......

The match engine says "well this result is pretty obvious"......

You sit there nodding in agreement...

...."yep, you lose"... :eek:

My first reaction was to demand that SMFA immediately have the entire Estonian squad dope tested.

But, on second thoughts, maybe I should insist that the match engine is dope tested instead....

Anyway, Russia still remain top but, with Mr Malcolm's Mexican Bandido's beating the Albanians, the group is now blown wide open.

Positive side is that Andrey Arshavin, recalled after a 2 season absence from international football, gave a good account of himself by getting one goal and an assist.

We just hope that this result doesn't end up costing us a ticket to China.

I am now off to the Kremlin to explain what happened,,,,

"Ah, Mr Fursse,,,,, we've been expecting you....!"