English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Swindon Town dominated much of the play against Rotherham United but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 4 fixture
My fully fit Swindon enjoyed 71% possession against an extremely un-fit Rotherham side. However, Rotherham's tactic of playing 7 of their players out of position including a 78 rated Goalkeeper in midfield proved to be enough to earn them a completely undeserved point.

I am not sure what the Match Engine was smoking last night but I suspect it was probably something illegal....

Never mind,,, the draw is enough to ensure that Swindon Town Football Club are the first team to have end of season promotion confirmed.

This has possibly been our best season so far and I feel that my current team is the strongest it has been. So we are looking forward to being back in Division 3.

Good luck to everyone who is still chasing promotion or survival; especially the Blackpool & Sheffield Utd Managers in your nail-biting finish to win the Premier League!

It's still very' date=' very tight at the top![/quote']

Haha you should look at the bottom!

Whoever goes down in the last spot will have over 50 points and that is just crazy tbh.

Accrington my pick to go down, can't see them getting another point and I favour Huddersfield and Bath to get a win each from the last three.

Still about 9 teams that can take that last spot though, including my Millwall :o

My fully fit Swindon enjoyed 71% possession against an extremely un-fit Rotherham side. However' date=' Rotherham's tactic of playing 7 of their players out of position including a 78 rated Goalkeeper in midfield proved to be enough to earn them a completely undeserved point.

I am not sure what the Match Engine was smoking last night but I suspect it was probably something illegal....

Never mind,,, the draw is enough to ensure that Swindon Town Football Club are the first team to have end of season promotion confirmed.

This has possibly been our best season so far and I feel that my current team is the strongest it has been. So we are looking forward to being back in Division 3.

Good luck to everyone who is still chasing promotion or survival; especially the Blackpool & Sheffield Utd Managers in your nail-biting finish to win the Premier League![/quote']

Congratulations on the Promotion, well deserved.

My fully fit Swindon enjoyed 71% possession against an extremely un-fit Rotherham side. However' date=' Rotherham's tactic of playing 7 of their players out of position including a 78 rated Goalkeeper in midfield proved to be enough to earn them a completely undeserved point.

Good luck to everyone who is still chasing promotion or survival; especially the Blackpool & Sheffield Utd Managers in your nail-biting finish to win the Premier League![/quote']

Congrats mate well deserved!

Well done and good luck in division 3 :)

In other news Shorpe win 6-1 vs fellow relegation canditates Charlton. I don't think i have won that big in this division before and it feels like i will survive relegation for a 5th time and will be going into my 6th season in the premier league :)

In the next set of fixtures the top 3 teams each play one of the 3 teams near the bottom who are trying to stay out of that last relegation spot. My Charlton being one of them. Should be an interesting set of games.

Good luck Steve. I have to beat you though...

Congratulations Nicholas.

so who is the Rotherham boss?

I have just realised I have them 'blocked' but it cant be the same person I always suspect, can it?

then again 56 jobs/ 89 games played:eek: is the norm for him.

then there is the gap between November to Feb. when he was banned.

Norwich City are available' date=' on offer to smut.[/quote']

for once he isn't lying.

Norwich are relegated to div 3, I have the offer until Monday but I'm struggling for time on SM, let me know if you want them and we will try to sort out a time for me to reject the offer.

Sunderland aint doing so well, mid table finish at best. an unknown came in for 2 games and now another stranger has been there for 14 games , no transfers in or out , have been made.

Under-21 Tournament

Arsenal 0- 3 Millwall (Millwall win 5-2 on agg)

Due to Arsenal fielding 11 played aged over 21, they have lost the second leg 3-0, meaning Millwall reach the final.

QPR 1-3 Manchester United (Manchester United win 6-2 on agg)

Having lost 3-1 at Old Trafford, QPR had a big hill to climb in the second leg. However with an away goal there was always belief from the fans of a big upset. And on the 50th minute that looked like a real possability when they took the lead through Facundo Ferreyra. The quality of United shone through late on though, Robert Lewandowski with the equaliser. The big Pole had a big role to play in Uniteds second, his cross headed in by Iker Muniain. All hope of reaching the final was over for QPR, and United took advantage with a quick third goal from Connor Wickham.

So the first ever 7777 u-21 competition final will be contested between Millwall and Manchester United on Sunday 20th April 2014. Unfortunately I couldnt book Wembley for such a special occasion so we will use Old Trafford for our Venue :)

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Luis Suarez (Arsenal) - 9

Robert Lewandowski (Man United) - 8

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 7

Sadio Mane (Carlisle) - 7

Mario Gotze (Millwall) - 7

Viktor Fischer (Bolton) - 5

Christian Eriksen (Millwall) - 5

Sammy Ameobi (Millwall) - 5

Szabolcs Huszti (Carlisle) - 5

Facundo Ferreyra (QPR) - 4

Neymar (Arseal) - 4

Domenech Eugeni (Hartlepool) - 4

Dimitris Kourbelis (Stoke) - 4

Oscar Cardoz (Stoke) - 4

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 4

Andre Silva (Blackpool) - 3

Aron Johannsson (Macclesfield) - 3

Nicolas Lopez (Brentford) - 3

Victor Andrade (Manchester City) - 3

Jano Ananidze (Man United) - 3

Amin Younes (Hartlepool) - 3

Birama Toure (Carlisle) - 3

Luciano Vietto (Stoke) - 3

Carlos Casemiro (QPR) - 3

Lucas Ontivero (QPR) - 3

Granit Xhaka (Millwall) - 2

Lucas Ocampos (Man United) - 2

Dominik Kohr (QPR) - 2

Rodrigo Gomez QPR) - 2

Robin Van Persie (Manchester City) - 2

Muamer Tankovic (Manchester City) - 2

Pione Sisto (Blackpool) - 2

Remy Walter (Blackpool) - 2

Mauro Icardi (Barnsley) - 2

Joleon Lescott (Barnsley) - 2

Marcel Ritzmaier (Barnsley) - 2

Filip Kostic (Stoke) - 2

Alonso Escoboza (Crewe) - 2

Joel Campbell (Southampton) - 2

Salih Ucan (Coventry) - 2

Michy Batshuayi (Coventry) - 2

Tobias Muller (Coventry) - 2

Borja Valero (West Ham) - 2

Shadrach Eghan (West Ham) -2

Laszlo Kleinheisler (Aldershot) - 2

Zakaria Bakkali (Arsenal) - 2

David Costas (Arsenal) - 1

Leon Goretzka (Bolton) - 2

Youssef El Arabi (Charlton) - 2

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Lukas Podolski (Crewe) - 1

Kolo Toure (Stoke) - 1

Mitchell Dijks (Stoke) - 1

Jakob Begman (Stoke) - 1

Serge Gnabry (Southampton) - 1

Michael Olaitan (Southampton) - 1

Rohan Ince (Southampton) - 1

Youri Tielmans (Macclesfield) - 1

Bismark Adjei-Boateng (Macclesfield) - 1

Stefano Beltrame (Hartlepool) - 1

Oriol Riera (Hartlepool) - 1

Amin Younes (Hartlepool) - 1

Mattia Cassani (Hartlepool) - 1

Niclas Fullkrug (Hartlepool) - 1

Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) - 1

Alarcon Isco (Manchester City) - 1

Geoffery Kondogbia (Manchester City) - 1

David Alaba (Bolton) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Bolton) - 1

Julian Draxler (Bolton) - 1

Thorgan Hazard (Bolton) - 1

Wesley Sneijder (Aston Villa) - 1

Rodriguez Pedro (Aston Villa) - 1

Correa Marquinhos (Aston Villa) - 1

Duarte Bernard (Aston Villa) - 1

Gaston Brugman (QPR) -1

Facundo Monteseirin (QPR) - 1

Darko Jevtic (Brentford) - 1

Morgan Sanson (Brentford) - 1

Mihael Pongracic (Coventry) - 1

Sebastia Driussi (Coventry) - 1

Djordje Denic (Coventry) - 1

Lucas Fernando (Arsenal) - 1

Andrija Zivkovic (Arsenal) - 1

Diego Reyes (Arsenal) - 1

Torres Oliver (Arsenal) - 1

Ondrej Petrak (Barnsley) - 1

Gerard Deulofeu (Barnsley) - 1

Paul Pogba (West Ham) - 1

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 1

Santos Fred (West Ham) - 1

Ikay Muniain (Man United) - 1

Connor Wickham (Man United) - 1

Gareth Bale (Man United) - 1

Sebastian Maier (Man United) - 1

Josh Mceachran (Man United) - 1

Bifouma Thievy (Man United) - 1

Juan Agudelo (Man United) - 1

Kerim Frei (Man United) - 1

Dillon Serna (Millwall) - 1

Jake Kirby (Millwall) - 1

Emre Can (Millwall) - 1

Teijeiro Luis (Aldershot) - 1

Valerio Kanu (Aldershot) - 1

Thomas Rosicky (Carlisle) - 1

Nahuel Zarate (Carlisle) - 1

David Villa (Blackpool) - 1

Liam Moore (Blackpool) - 1

Junior Hoilett (Charlton) -1

Junior Ademlison (Charlton) - 1

Only Robert Lewandowski has a realistic chance of taking the boot from Luis Suarez. Can the Polish International scored twice in the final??

I'm glad I can play a massive part in the title race in division 1 :P

I have Blackpool on the last game' date='hoping to get my first win ever against them :P Not even sure i have drawn against them :eek:[/quote']

Ill let you do the double over me next season if you let me win :D haha

Ill let you do the double over me next season if you let me win :D haha

Shorpe United 0 - 1 Blackpool

Blackpool 1 - 1 Shorpe United

Shorpe United 1 - 1 Blackpool

Blackpool 2 - 0 Shorpe United

Blackpool 5 - 2 Shorpe United

That seems like a good offer, I will PM you ;)

But in all seriousness i don't think you have to worry looking at that track record :o and with me 4 points clear with 2 games remaining i dont have to worry as much aslong results go my way :)

Shorpe United 0 - 1 Blackpool

Blackpool 1 - 1 Shorpe United

Shorpe United 1 - 1 Blackpool

Blackpool 2 - 0 Shorpe United

Blackpool 5 - 2 Shorpe United

That seems like a good offer' date=' I will PM you ;)

But in all seriousness i don't think you have to worry looking at that track record :o and with me 4 points clear with 2 games remaining i dont have to worry as much aslong results go my way :)[/quote']

I'm always watching. ;)

Congratulations to Millwall and Manchester United on making the U21 Cup Final.

There is one team I desperately want to win' date=' but for the sake of sportsmanship I'll just say good luck to both![/quote']

Thanks mate, don't have a clue how we got this far with an average rating of 83!