• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Fulham can only draw at relegated Norwich...

this leaves it down to the last game. It currently looks like this...

5 No Change Sheffield Wednesday 45 14 71

6 No Change FULHAM 45 12 71

7 No Change Birmingham City 45 10 71

8 No Change Chelsea 45 17 70

Tighter than a ducks bottom.

Sheff W are away at Barnsley in a Yorkshire derby.

Fulham are away at runners up Preston

Birmingham are big favourites, away at 16th placed Bath

Chelsea are away at relegated Accrington and surely must win.

5th and 6th could become 7th and 8th the way it's panning out. GRIM. :(

You should be safe though. Just look at Accrington's squad' date=' fitness and who they are playing in the final game ;)[/quote']

and i have Newcastle :eek:

just hope that fate doesnt go against me! would be typical! I get relegated and the team i left fighting for promotion get promoted into the same division! oh the irony!!!!

That bloody smuts fault :rolleyes:

Fulham can only draw at relegated Norwich...

this leaves it down to the last game. It currently looks like this...

5 No Change Sheffield Wednesday 45 14 71

6 No Change FULHAM 45 12 71

7 No Change Birmingham City 45 10 71

8 No Change Chelsea 45 17 70

Tighter than a ducks bottom.

Sheff W are away at Barnsley in a Yorkshire derby.

Fulham are away at runners up Preston

Birmingham are big favourites' date=' away at 16th placed Bath

Chelsea are away at relegated Accrington and surely must win.

5th and 6th could become 7th and 8th the way it's panning out. GRIM. :([/quote']

Wednesday have an unfit team, all decent players are down to less than 30% fitness. So imo they are out of it.

Bath are on a roll, one of the form teams atm. Managed to pick up wins at vital times so do not rule them out.

Stanley are a mess so I expect a big Chelsea win.

Personally I expect yourselves and Chelsea to get the last two spots. But who knows, Preston may rest players, as might Bath or Barnsley so we will see what happens!

Final Day preview

This is day that every football fan looks forward too (Unless your team is in a relegation scrap!). But this is the day when everyones hard work is payed off. Dreams are made up until the final minutes of the season, hearts can be broken with the last kick of match. Lets have a look at all the key matches from all divisions that can affect thousands of fans lives on Wednesday.

Divsion 1

Shorpe (12th) v Blackpool (1st)

Sheffield United (2nd) v Arsenal (9th)

The premier league will have a new winner engraved onto the title. West Brom, Tottenham, Wolves, Mancester City and Manchester United are the only five teams to have lifted the prestigious title. Blackpool need a point at Shorpe, whilst Sheffield United must beat Arsenal and they need Blackpool to lose.

Tottenham (3rd) v Plymouth (8th)

Liverpool (4th) v Middlesbrough (17th)

Sunderland (14th) v Manchester United (5th)

The race for Champions League football is also extremely tight. One point seperating Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester United. Manchester United will need one of the other two to slip up and win themselves if they want to compete in the Champions League for another season. However they can still qualify should the win this seasons competition.

Wrexham (18th) v Leeds (13th)

Everton (10th) v Charlton (16th)

In the relegation fight, Colchester are already confinded to life in Division two. Nottingham Forests bad goal difference also pretty much guarantees that they will be joining them. Charlton, Middlesbrough and Wrexham will fight to avoid being the third team for the drop. Charlton will only be relegation if they lose, and both Middlesbrough and Wrexham win. Wrexham must better Middlesbroughs result to stay us, should all three win then Wrexham need to win by sixmore goals than Middlesbrough.

Division 2

Newcastle United crowned Champions tonight, and well deserved. Preston bounce straight back from relegation finishing second.

Barnsley (10th) v Sheffield Wednesday (5th)

Preston (2nd) v FUlham (6th)

Bath (16th) v Birmingham City (7th)

Accrington Stanley (22nd) v Chelsea (8th)

Four teams will dog it our for the remaining two play-off spaces. Only a point seperated all of them, and with each team playing away it is hard to predict which two will finish in the top six. Chelsea is the team that need to win the most, and they should have enought against Accrington Stanley. Will be facinating to see this on the goal feed, I can see all four being in a play-off spot at some point on Wednesday.

Aston Villa (3rd) v Wolverhampton Wanderers (19th)

Huddersfield Town (20th) v Newcaster (1st)

Derby (23rd) v Peterborough United (21st)

Norwich and Derby were relegated to Divison three a few games ago. Four teams are in danger of joining them (Five if you count Gillingham, but would take something amazing for them to go down). Accrington Stanley are the side currently in the drop, and need to get a result against Chelsea. It would be a huge shock if former Premier League winners Wolves were to end up in Division three. Should they lose and the other three pick up one point or more then they will go down. With a Midland Derby away to Villa, im sure they would love to relegate them.

Division Three

Wigan (8th) v Crewe (2nd)

QPR (3rd) v York (22nd)

The race for automatic promotion to Division two is still up for grabs. Due to Notts Countys much better goal difference, they will finish in the top two. QPR must win and need Crewe to lose if they want to leap frog them.

Bristol City (4th) v Doncaster Rovers (11th)

Cardiff (5th) v Walsall (20th)

Fleetwood Town (6th) v Bury (23rd)

Forest Green Rovers (7th) v Rochdale (12th)

It is so tight at the top of division three. Five clubs currently have the chance to reach the top six and fight for the remaining three places. Wigan and Brighton must win and need the other sides to lose. Forest Green Rovers need to better Fleetwood or Cardiffs result. Bristol City are not mathematically secure in the top six, the only way they will miss the play-offs is if they lose and three of the other clubs win.

Leicester City (19th) v Blackburn (18th)

Portsmouth (21st) v Swansea (16th)

Aldershot, Bury and York are already relegated to Division four. Three clubs (Leicester, Walsall and Portsmouth) fight it out to avoid the final relegation spot. Porstmouth must beat Swansea and need either Walsall or for Leicester to lose.

Division Four

Swindon Town are crowned Champions, whilst Tranmere will join them in division three. Bradford look set to join them unless they lose and Hartlepool win.

Tranmere (2nd) v Yeovil (7th)

Oldham (22nd) v Port Vale (8th)

Reading (9th) v Hartlepool (4th)

Yeovil, Port Vale and Hartlepool compete for the final play-off spot. All three clubs currently sit on 69 points (hehe :P). Yeovil will maintain the final spot aslong as they match or better the other two teams results.

No teams in this division need to worry about fighting relegation on Wednesday. Wycombe and Rotherham will be playing in Division five next season.

Division Five

Newport County have secured the only automatic promotion spot.

AFC Wimbleon (5th) v Luton (12th)

Darlington (7th) v Tamworth (6th)

The race for the final play-off spot is between Wimbledon, Tamworth and Darlington. A win for Wimbledon will secure 5th spot. The other two contenders face each other. Darlington must win to reach the play offs and will need Wimbledon to not win. A draw will be enough for Tamworth should Wimbledon lose.

Hope its easy to read and understand. Had a spare hour so thought i'd do a preview. :)

I like your preview Marc, it was very interesting like all your reports.

Swindon beat our old rivals Reading 3-0 to confirm ourselves as division 4 champions. Captain Marvel, Christian Noboa, scored twice, got a match rating of 10 and MOTM award. He also picked up another yellow card so he is suspended for the last game but we'll forgive him for that.

Of course I am very happy to have led Swindon to their second trophy in this game world. However, as both trophies come from winning the Div 4 championship having been relegated the season before I am not too sure if it can be said that we are actually making any progress!!

Anyway, the Chairman and fans are happy so that's the main thing.

Well done to the other clubs promoted and good luck to those that are waiting on results tomorrow night.

Under-21 Tournament

Joy for Manchester United youngsters!

Manchester United ran out winners of the first ever 7777 u-21 competition on Sunday night, beating Millwall by an impressive 7 goals to 2. It was the experienced players who layed the foundation of this success, with Gerard Pique with a rare 25 yard screamer. Robert Lewandowski doubled the lead two minutes later. One of Uniteds future stars Connor Wickham then stole the show, his headed effort beating goalkeeper Asmir Begovic with just 17 minutes gone. Wickham got his second with a tap in from close range.

Millwall went into the dressing room in shock. One of the most exciting sides to watch during this tournament being brushed a side with ease. The depature of Mario Gotze, one of the worlds most talented 21 year olds to Sheffield United really lost the cut of edge they had during the group stages.

They did pull a goal back early in the second half through Sammy Ambobi. That however did not stop the United tide as Bale made it 5-1 with a brilliantly placed free-kick. Robert Lewandowski scored his second of the game moments later with a cool placed finished, and puts him ahead of Luis Suarez in the golden boot award. A terrible tackle from Gareth Bale in the 58th minute resulted in a straight red card, this will not affect him for the final league game on Wednesday though. Despite being a man down, United went on to score a seventh as Connon Wickham completed a memorable hat-trick. A final conslelation from Milos Jojic, his first goal in Millwall Colours ended the final at 7-2.

Golden Boot

Congratulations to Robert Lewandowski for winning the Golden boot in the final. Three of the worlds best strikers top the scoring charts, it would have been a great test for the future talenets of the world test there abilities agaist them and the other experienced players that featured.

Robert Lewandowski (Man United) - 10

Luis Suarez (Arsenal) - 9

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 7

Sadio Mane (Carlisle) - 7

Mario Gotze (Millwall) - 7

Sammy Ameobi (Millwall) - 6

Viktor Fischer (Bolton) - 5

Christian Eriksen (Millwall) - 5

Szabolcs Huszti (Carlisle) - 5

Connor Wickham (Man United) - 4

Facundo Ferreyra (QPR) - 4

Neymar (Arseal) - 4

Domenech Eugeni (Hartlepool) - 4

Dimitris Kourbelis (Stoke) - 4

Oscar Cardoz (Stoke) - 4

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 4

Andre Silva (Blackpool) - 3

Aron Johannsson (Macclesfield) - 3

Nicolas Lopez (Brentford) - 3

Victor Andrade (Manchester City) - 3

Jano Ananidze (Man United) - 3

Amin Younes (Hartlepool) - 3

Birama Toure (Carlisle) - 3

Luciano Vietto (Stoke) - 3

Carlos Casemiro (QPR) - 3

Lucas Ontivero (QPR) - 3

Granit Xhaka (Millwall) - 2

Lucas Ocampos (Man United) - 2

Gareth Bale (Man United) - 2

Dominik Kohr (QPR) - 2

Rodrigo Gomez QPR) - 2

Robin Van Persie (Manchester City) - 2

Muamer Tankovic (Manchester City) - 2

Pione Sisto (Blackpool) - 2

Remy Walter (Blackpool) - 2

Mauro Icardi (Barnsley) - 2

Joleon Lescott (Barnsley) - 2

Marcel Ritzmaier (Barnsley) - 2

Filip Kostic (Stoke) - 2

Alonso Escoboza (Crewe) - 2

Joel Campbell (Southampton) - 2

Salih Ucan (Coventry) - 2

Michy Batshuayi (Coventry) - 2

Tobias Muller (Coventry) - 2

Borja Valero (West Ham) - 2

Shadrach Eghan (West Ham) -2

Laszlo Kleinheisler (Aldershot) - 2

Zakaria Bakkali (Arsenal) - 2

David Costas (Arsenal) - 1

Leon Goretzka (Bolton) - 2

Youssef El Arabi (Charlton) - 2

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Lukas Podolski (Crewe) - 1

Kolo Toure (Stoke) - 1

Mitchell Dijks (Stoke) - 1

Jakob Begman (Stoke) - 1

Serge Gnabry (Southampton) - 1

Michael Olaitan (Southampton) - 1

Rohan Ince (Southampton) - 1

Youri Tielmans (Macclesfield) - 1

Bismark Adjei-Boateng (Macclesfield) - 1

Stefano Beltrame (Hartlepool) - 1

Oriol Riera (Hartlepool) - 1

Amin Younes (Hartlepool) - 1

Mattia Cassani (Hartlepool) - 1

Niclas Fullkrug (Hartlepool) - 1

Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) - 1

Alarcon Isco (Manchester City) - 1

Geoffery Kondogbia (Manchester City) - 1

David Alaba (Bolton) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Bolton) - 1

Julian Draxler (Bolton) - 1

Thorgan Hazard (Bolton) - 1

Wesley Sneijder (Aston Villa) - 1

Rodriguez Pedro (Aston Villa) - 1

Correa Marquinhos (Aston Villa) - 1

Duarte Bernard (Aston Villa) - 1

Gaston Brugman (QPR) -1

Facundo Monteseirin (QPR) - 1

Darko Jevtic (Brentford) - 1

Morgan Sanson (Brentford) - 1

Mihael Pongracic (Coventry) - 1

Sebastia Driussi (Coventry) - 1

Djordje Denic (Coventry) - 1

Lucas Fernando (Arsenal) - 1

Andrija Zivkovic (Arsenal) - 1

Diego Reyes (Arsenal) - 1

Torres Oliver (Arsenal) - 1

Ondrej Petrak (Barnsley) - 1

Gerard Deulofeu (Barnsley) - 1

Paul Pogba (West Ham) - 1

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 1

Santos Fred (West Ham) - 1

Ikay Muniain (Man United) - 1

Sebastian Maier (Man United) - 1

Josh Mceachran (Man United) - 1

Bifouma Thievy (Man United) - 1

Juan Agudelo (Man United) - 1

Kerim Frei (Man United) - 1

Gerard Pique (Man United) - 1

Dillon Serna (Millwall) - 1

Jake Kirby (Millwall) - 1

Emre Can (Millwall) - 1

Milos Jojic (Millwall) - 1

Teijeiro Luis (Aldershot) - 1

Valerio Kanu (Aldershot) - 1

Thomas Rosicky (Carlisle) - 1

Nahuel Zarate (Carlisle) - 1

David Villa (Blackpool) - 1

Liam Moore (Blackpool) - 1

Junior Hoilett (Charlton) -1

Junior Ademlison (Charlton) - 1

I would like to thank Chris for originally sorting out the tournament (I don't think I could have done that part) and to thank the managers that took part every week and setting there teams. Hope everyone enjoyed it as it was something a bit different. Maybe we can do it again next season if people are interested :)

Will be leaving Doncaster and EC7777 at the seasons end but is it better for me to sell a couple lads and clear the £6.2m debt or leave the debt and players for the next guy to clear up as he sees fit? Cant help but feel if I shifted a couple of the no mark squad players that wouldnt catch youereye anyway out, the club woudl look more appealing free of debt but happy to do either really.

Will be leaving Doncaster and EC7777 at the seasons end but is it better for me to sell a couple lads and clear the £6.2m debt or leave the debt and players for the next guy to clear up as he sees fit? Cant help but feel if I shifted a couple of the no mark squad players that wouldnt catch youereye anyway out' date=' the club woudl look more appealing free of debt but happy to do either really.[/quote']

Well first of all, 260 games in EC7777 is not for everyone!!

I already lost sometime thinking on this subject and couldn't decide yet...

What I would like people leaving the club to do

- I honestly prefer to get the team in debt and decide who to keep and who to sell. I play a certain set of tactics that might be different from the predecessor so, I would like to choose.

What I most probably do if I was leaving

- I most probably sell one or two "not that good" ones, or a 1st team one that I bought for 10k (what a hell I bought him myself I can do what I want
:)
). Somehow it seems I would not look very good in the picture by leaving the club in debt, or at least it could not be that appealing for the managers to come.

Not much of a help I know! Sorry :)

Blackpool 1-5 Man United (United win 7-2 on agg)

The nightmare of last season happened again tonight, another humiliating defeat at the hands of Rick. All was going well after half an away, Blackpool took the lead through Theo Walcott and were ahead on away goals. Four goals in thirteen minutes from United stunned Bloomfield Road. The frustration of the Blackpool players began to boil over as Danny and Tevez recieved Red cards.

The players need to get this out of the system for tomorrows huge final game of the season at Shorpe.

A great couple of days for United, firstly securing the youth cup with a 7-2 victory over Millwall and then today marching into the champions league final for the 2nd consecutive season, 7-2 on aggregate, commiserations to Marc & Will who both equally deserved a closer result than 7-2 but the match engine must of felt sorry for my disappointment at my league showing this season:p

Will be leaving Doncaster and EC7777 at the seasons end but is it better for me to sell a couple lads and clear the £6.2m debt or leave the debt and players for the next guy to clear up as he sees fit? Cant help but feel if I shifted a couple of the no mark squad players that wouldnt catch youereye anyway out' date=' the club woudl look more appealing free of debt but happy to do either really.[/quote']

aww shame ur off again ed. id leave it mate, let someone else decide what too do, only Mohammed ABU stands out as quick cash, so half the debt maybe?

sorry to see you go Edward, best to leave things alone, you have done enough damage to the poor northerners already!

lets hope we see you back next season with Arsenal:D

(who you should never have left).

Sorry to hear that you will be resigning Ed but I agree with the others that probably best to resign and let the next manager deal with the debt how he wants.

Your Doncaster are well established in division 3 and will have a respectable finish this season so I don't think they will have much problem in trying to attract another good manager.

;2893374']aww shame ur off again ed. id leave it mate' date=' let someone else decide what too do, only Mohammed ABU stands out as quick cash, so half the debt maybe?[/quote']

Think your right fella, Abu is of no real consequence to the squad and would make the debt smaller.

sorry to see you go Edward' date=' best to leave things alone, you have done enough damage to the poor northerners already!

lets hope we see you back next season with Arsenal:D

(who you should never have left).[/quote']

I absolutely loved it at Arsenal, loved it - as much for the team and being in the top flight as for having the chance to use the squad to help managers out. But it would have been selfish of me to simply keep them long term and it's only right that someone else got a go with them. I would say that my time at Arsenal was my most enjoyable in this GW.

Sorry to hear that you will be resigning Ed but I agree with the others that probably best to resign and let the next manager deal with the debt how he wants.

Your Doncaster are well established in division 3 and will have a respectable finish this season so I don't think they will have much problem in trying to attract another good manager.

I hope so, theres a decent mid table squad there, the right man can certainly tweak it for a promotion push I reckon.

Good having you Ed, shame you have left.

I also can sense a few last game nerves tonight

For once i don't have to worry as much about me getting relegated as i am safe :)

IF i win i could finish 11th but that means i have to beat Blackpool for the first ever time!

Good having you Ed' date=' shame you have left.

I also can sense a few last game nerves tonight

For once i don't have to worry as much about me getting relegated as i am safe :)

IF i win i could finish 11th but that means i have to beat Blackpool for the first ever time![/quote']

Give it a go. You might surprise yourself :D

We are now assured either 5th or 6th place in the league so I will be playing my academy team (lots of players rated 70) for the final game of the season.

It's an unusual way to set up for my 100th game in charge but its in the hope of preserving fitness for that all important play off semi final.

Good luck to all for this evening's big matches.

It was a good result for the Carlisle United Academy Team, drawing 1 - 1 against tough opposition. It became a very special day for 70 rated left-back Tasdemir who scored our goal.

The Team:

Rajkovic (78)

Tumulty (70), Killock (70), Svenningsen (72), Kennedy (70), Tasdemir (70)

Rabia (79), Hemo (70), Lee (72), Medina (70)

Nichols (74)

We have certainly overachieved this season and have finished 6th. Chesterfield await in the play-offs.

It was a good result for the Carlisle United Academy Team' date=' drawing 1 - 1 against tough opposition. It became a very special day for 70 rated left-back Tasdemir who scored our goal.

[b']The Team:[/b]

Rajkovic (78)

Tumulty (70), Killock (70), Svenningsen (72), Kennedy (70), Tasdemir (70)

Rabia (79), Hemo (70), Lee (72), Medina (70)

Nichols (74)

We have certainly overachieved this season and have finished 6th. Chesterfield await in the play-offs.

Nothing on my 83 rated Yassine Ayoub picking up 3 assists on his debut :D

Congrats to all promoted/making the playoffs/surviving the drop and especially congrats Maoam.

Respuesta: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

I've got 30 points in 11 games in charge of the team, a shame I could not take it before, I think we could have been in the playoffs if the team had not been so down when I entered this world game.

We closed the season very good way, when good additions and we are ready to face the challenge from the start to reach the Premier League.