English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Wow - what a game that was' date=' 5-4 to your lads !!!

Really enjoyed watching that on score centre; 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3 and then you turned the screw to take a 2 goal lead before I pulled one back.

Hate to lose but great stuff, thanks...

ruts[/quote']

Wow, just watched it on the score centre too :eek:... told you it would be a humdinger ha-ha!! Seemed that every time I went ahead you equalised a moment later!

Looking at the stats a draw would have been a fairer result but a great game nonetheless and I am looking forward to the return match at your place later in the season...

Good luck for the rest of the season Bud and thanks to you too..

marcos vitorino steered Newport County to victory against Stockport County.

Newport County beat Stockport County 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Saúl scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Edinho was also on the scoresheet for his side.

exceeding all the expectations... will get down to earth eventually :)

chelsea-logo.png

Players still available:

Shotton: 4 mill will get him. Versatile defender, surely worth that!

Ramires: Need a striker ideally, can use him and another, PM me.

De Rossi: Make an offer.

Ranocchia: Make an offer. Can use him and another for a striker.

Lukman Haruna: 6 million for him. Bargain.

Beerens: 4.5 million cash for him.

Erik Torres, Evra or Matias Suarez could also leave for decent offers.

As I said, PM me, make a bid or let me know if you like one or more of them :)

Everton 3-3 Charlton

A thrilling game happened at Goodison where Charlton went 2-0 up through Vasquez and Petersen. Everton fought back to make it 2-2 only for Barnetta to put Charlton back in front 12 mins later. 19 mins before the end, Everton equalised again through Dzeko who achieved a brace in the match as well as the Man Of The Match award.

chelsea-logo.png

Players still available:

Shotton: 4 mill will get him. Versatile defender' date=' surely worth that!

[b']Ramires[/b]: Need a striker ideally, can use him and another, PM me.

De Rossi: Make an offer.

Ranocchia: Make an offer. Can use him and another for a striker.

Lukman Haruna: 6 million for him. Bargain.

Beerens: 4.5 million cash for him.

Erik Torres, Evra or Matias Suarez could also leave for decent offers.

As I said, PM me, make a bid or let me know if you like one or more of them :)

just seen this post and was gonna put an offer in with shotten. to realise he's at unmanaged Barnsley :confused:

just seen this post and was gonna put an offer in with shotten. to realise he's at unmanaged Barnsley :confused:

Did their manager leave after buying him then? Only unmanaged clubs bid if they have the player irl don't they?

Wrexham had 4 shots on targer today and scored 4 goals. One of those days :o

Did their manager leave after buying him then? Only unmanaged clubs bid if they have the player irl don't they?

Wrexham had 4 shots on targer today and scored 4 goals. One of those days :o

Nope their manager left on 21st of May.

Nope their manager left on 21st of May.

Ah, just assumed they wee a managed team. Apologies. I thought unmanaged only bid for their own players. Just like ambrose at brum etc. Not sure why they bid for him, simply presumed ws a managed bid. He is worth a million more than they paid so no real harm done. But something for us all to keep an eye on as it seems to have changed?

Ah' date=' just assumed they wee a managed team. Apologies. I thought unmanaged only bid for their own players. Just like ambrose at brum etc. Not sure why they bid for him, simply presumed ws a managed bid. He is worth a million more than they paid so no real harm done. But something for us all to keep an eye on as it seems to have changed?[/quote']

No need to apologise. I think the gentleman's rule we have is that you can't buy from unmanaged. Selling to unmanaged is ok as far as I know??

On the Swindon front we picked up a valuable point tonight away at Hartlepool. Would have liked all 3 points to be honest considering we had better stats and a fully fit side. Their team was only 40% fit but I have been playing SM long enough to realise that everything my PE teachers taught me about keeping fit is ******. So it's off to McDonalds and an evening of Stella Artois for me.

Ah' date=' just assumed they wee a managed team. Apologies. I thought unmanaged only bid for their own players. Just like ambrose at brum etc. Not sure why they bid for him, simply presumed ws a managed bid. He is worth a million more than they paid so no real harm done. But something for us all to keep an eye on as it seems to have changed?[/quote']

Wasn't complaint sorry will was just saying I was disappointed I didn't see your post sooner. Not to worry B) I would've paid more for him though! :eek:

Division 3

Wigan 1-3 QPR

Tonight i finally got my first win in this setup! :o This was expected to be an hard match to win, vs a good team away, but we dominated the match and deserved to win. Our goals were scored by João Mário, who was later voted MOTM (great show from the young portuguese midfielder!), Roberto Pereyra and Carlos Bacca. I saw this coming considering we played very well in the last match and were unlucky not to win it. We're finding our form now, and i'm sure we will leave relegation zone soon and hopefully get in the first half of the table!

Wasn't complaint sorry will was just saying I was disappointed I didn't see your post sooner. Not to worry B) I would've paid more for him though! :eek:

Ah well I made my move too soon then haha!

Harry Kane available for season long loan, as is Erick Torres.

Kane should see a rise to 85, so pick him up whilst he is on cheap as chips wages!

Southend United beat Tamworth 2 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Castro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Castro was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another solid win keeps us 2nd on the table.

A first league win for County under my stewardship, a change of tactics helped us to a 4-0 win over Huddersfield, all our four goals were scored by four of my signings so that is a boost, out of the dropzone for now.

Will be using a cupteam for the Oldham game next as keeping ourselves in teh division is more important.

Shocking result last night 4-0 loss at Hull City, not a bad start to the season overall winning 3 and drew and lost one each.

Home to Port Vale tomorrow in the first round of the Cup would be nice go far in that, we play United in the Shield so might not get far.

Blackpool 2-0 Arsenal

Andreas Iniesta scored his first goal in the colours of Blackpool in a great win against Arsenal. His Spainish team mate Garard Deulofeu earned his first league start for Blackpool after arriving at the end of last season, as he looks to fill the void left by Arjen Robben. The young Spainyard created the second goal for Asamoah in the 75th minute.

Up to sixth, and have the honour of being the only team in the Premier league with an unbeaten record (Only four of us in the setup still unbeaten) :)

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 5

Hey guys. Didn't have time to do a team of the round for Wednesday fixtures, but managed to squeeze one in today. Heres my team of the round for the games played on Saturday 24th May 2014. I have used a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Muslera (Ipswich)

Right Back: Hubocan (Burnley)

Center Back: Perrin (Plymouth)

Center Back: Maroh (Notts County)

Left Back: Baines (West Brom)

Right Midfield: Srna (Sheffield Wednesday)

Center Midfield: Cofie (Morecambe)

Center Midfield: Melo (Port Vale)

Left Midfield: Agbonlahor (Preston)

Striker: Costa (Wrexham) Div 2

Striker: Aluko (Eastbourne Borough)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to West Brom full back Leighton Baines!!!

baines.jpg

Was a tough choice, espeically with Aluko scoring four goals for Eastbourne. However I felt Baines deserved this a bit more. The England full-back is well renowned for his attacking play, and he caused his old team Everton all sorts of problems as Albion ran out 3-0 winners. A low cross from Baines in the 18th minute was converted by Feghouli. Eight minutes later Baines had his second assist, this time from a free kick which was headed in by Carlos Vela. Baines was the mastermind of the third goal aswell with another pin point free kick converted by Feghouli. A clean sheet to add to this great attacking full back display fully deserves player of the round. It now puts him top of the assist charts with 5 this season.

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Port Vale.

Manchester City beat Port Vale 3 - 1 on penalties after a 1 - 1 draw in their English Championship Cup Round 1 fixture.

Kagawa scored the only goal for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Meh just about, Hayes & Yeading away in Round 2.