English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

QPR out of the Cup after lost on pens vs Nottingham Forest. In the end it was deserved to Nottingham as they were the stronger team tonight, but it was real cruel... Surprisingly we went up 2-0, with two great goals from young talented Suso, who was voted MOTM. Nottingham reduced to 2-1 at 51'. We sucessfully defended our lead until 76', when Wickham scored our third goal that would guarantee us the win! Unfortunately the goal was rulled off by offside. Anyway, only 5 minutes after, another big chance for us to end the match: a penalty kick! Unfortunately again, Wickham missed it... We would eventually pay for our sins... At 85' Nottingham scores the equalizer and the match needed to be decided on the penalties! Plattenhardt was the only one missing from the spot, and we're out of the Cup.

Gratz to Nottingham and good luck for next rounds!

marcos vitorino was unable to prevent a Newport County defeat to West Bromwich Albion.

Newport County slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to West Bromwich Albion in their English Championship Cup Round 1 fixture.

Knocked out of the Cup by a stronger WBA. It was expected as I decided not to risk an inch. Good luck for next rounds!
I have returned to management!

After some time off' date=' I feel Barnsley FC have given me the perfect opportunity to return. I hope it's a successful reign like at my previous club, Wolves.

Expect an official statement in the coming days.[/center']

Welcome back and good luck!

Blackpool 2-0 Portsmouth

Blackpool put out weakened side for the cup game against Portsmout, but the youngsters still had the quality to progress.

Handanovic (91)

Danilo (89) Van Rijk (87) Adriano (91)

Bruma (85) Danny (90) Perez (90) Rafa (86) Deulofeu (87)

Rondon (89) Villa (93)

Two veterans combined for the opener as Dannys crossed was headed in by David Villa. Gustavo Gomez came on as a late subsitute for his debut and the defender scored an excellent long range effort.

Huddersfield in Round 2 :)

I have returned to management!

After some time off' date=' I feel Barnsley FC have given me the perfect opportunity to return. I hope it's a successful reign like at my previous club, Wolves.

Expect an official statement in the coming days.

[img']http://oi40.tinypic.com/54jd5d.jpg[/img]

Welcome mate :)

A few more signings pop in at County, namely Peralta, Rodriguez & Galeano.

Notts County started 5 of our 6 Mexicans in the SMFA Shield tonight and won 3-1, our goals coming through Castianagos, Marquez and debutant Peralta who also grabbed the man of the match award.

Starting to find our form as the new team begins to take shape, with 4 wins in last 5 games, pity only one of them has been in the league though, we have Chelsea up next so am not holding out for a win but would be pleased with a point.

Agreed what I believe is my first bit of internal business at Birmingham.

It will see Mikel Arteta leave St Andrews for Leeds, with Christian Trasch and Mathieu Bodmer heading our way. Versatility was top of the agenda considering our lack of defensive cover, and these two players IMO offer good cover.

Trasch has featured nearly twice as much as he did last season for a Wolfsburg side who will play in Europe next season, and while they seem to be after Aaron Hunt amongst others there are rumors surrounding Gustavo, so I hope Trasch will feature in around about the same amount of games next season and be more than safe at 88. He provides cover at RB and CM.

Meanwhile, Mathieu Bodmer - also offers versatility as he can cover CB and CM - hopefully his 88 is safe, Nice kept their Ligue 1 status by the skin of their teeth but Bodmer was a crucial part of their early season form - hopefully they can re-find that form.

Also agreed a £3.2M fee with Lazio for Bruno Pereirinha - featured enough this season for Lazio to warrant keeping his 85 - but a good little buy that will offer a bit of cover to that right hand side.

1 out, 3 in at Birmingham.

Agreed what I believe is my first bit of internal business at Birmingham.

It will see Mikel Arteta leave St Andrews for Leeds' date=' with Christian Trasch and Mathieu Bodmer heading our way. Versatility was top of the agenda considering our lack of defensive cover, and these two players IMO offer good cover.

Trasch has featured nearly twice as much as he did last season for a Wolfsburg side who will play in Europe next season, and while they seem to be after Aaron Hunt amongst others there are rumors surrounding Gustavo, so I hope Trasch will feature in around about the same amount of games next season and be more than safe at 88. He provides cover at RB and CM.

Meanwhile, Mathieu Bodmer - also offers versatility as he can cover CB and CM - hopefully his 88 is safe, Nice kept their Ligue 1 status by the skin of their teeth but Bodmer was a crucial part of their early season form - hopefully they can re-find that form.

Also agreed a £3.2M fee with Lazio for Bruno Pereirinha - featured enough this season for Lazio to warrant keeping his 85 - but a good little buy that will offer a bit of cover to that right hand side.

1 out, 3 in at Birmingham.[/quote']

Good business :)

Jonathan joins QPR!

jonathan.jpeg

Internazionale's brazilian RB/RM Jonathan Cicero joined QPR for an 8M fee from Stockport. It was a good deal opportunity. I think he's a good player and he may rise to 89 in future i believe. He's an improvement to our team and he will be a starter for us. His power and experience will be important assets.

Queens Park Rangers beat Stoke City 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Raffael scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bacca was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Back to back wins for my QPR made us jump from 23th to 16th place! After a pretty rusty start, it seems now we have found our best form and i'm sure we will be a tough opponent to everyone.

County suffer a disappointing but not unexpected defeat to Chelsea' date=' Robben with the only goal of the game.[/quote']

Unlucky mate, when mash got sent off after 35 minutes I really feared the worst. The result was probably fair in the end, I got the beter of possession down the flanks.

Reus got motm but didnt score or assist amd was the main striker. Figures :rolleyes:

Big thanks to MaoaM for helping me with Division 4 & 5. Here it is. The finally updated club list including each forumer's profile.

Overall Total Forumers 83/116*

Division 1 - Total Forumers 19/20*

Arsenal - Pip

Blackpool - MaoaM

Charlton Athletic - Dracolis

Crystal Palace - harmanw84

Everton - shack

Hull City - Ryan987

Leeds United - steauaseka

Liverpool - Muja

Manchester City - Ben-SCFC

Manchester United - RickJames

Middlesbrough - Reggu Nder

Newcastle United - ShaunJuventus

Plymouth Argyle - crawfski

Preston North End - Newman

Shorpe United - RieceM96

Sheffield United - Gonzodan

Sheffield Wednesday - la pigna

Sunderland - Glittering Crusader

Tottenham Hotspur - Jack-THFC

West Bromwich Albion - KangarooJack09

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Division 2 - Total Forumers 21/24*

Aston Villa - Frozy

Barnsley - Ryans Tornado

Bath City - mistermalcolm

Birmingham City - kopflc

Bolton Wanderers - Hancock

Burnley - Hazr

Chelsea - Will

Colchester United - Dale147

Crewe Alexandra - Noisy

Forest Green Rovers - [JMH]

Fulham - Mike H

Gillingham - Vittorio Petrecca

Hereford United - smut

Huddersfield Town - shareflair

Ipswich Town - Ultraviolence

Millwall - inglis77

Milton Keynes Dons - TSG Tel

Nottingham Forest - Machine

Notts County - sirmarkhughes

Peterborough United - Zayd Mubarak

Southampton - Lordy [RBA]

West Ham United - rollingthunderuk

Wolverhampton Wanderers - johnjharman

Wrexham - Light Yagami

Division 3 - Total Forumers 17/24*

Accrington Stanley - racky

AFC Bournemouth - michael o'sullivan

Blackburn Rovers - telmo branco

Brighton and Hove Albion - Ian E

Bristol City - scrooll

Cardiff City - Zakkoo

Carlisle United - Adriano B.

Coventry City - Joshua Matt

Derby County - Craig Gunn

Doncaster Rovers - taylor8

Fleetwood Town - Johan

Hartlepool United - James Anthony

Leicester City - Duncan

Morecambe - Lenny59

Norwich City - Colin The Carp

Queens Park Rangers - Machines

Rochdale - ruggermad

Stoke City - the treble 1999

Swansea City - Raz.

Swindon Town - Nico66

Torquay United - ruts66

Tranmere Rovers - Eskisito .

Walsall - Moodymark

Wigan Athletic - John Dotson

Division 4 - Total Forumers 15/24*

Aldershot Town - brunopinto90

Bradford City - Giner Evgeniy Lennorich

Brentford - Vla Vian

Bristol Rovers - gmshortystuff

Bury - Mr - Hammer

Cheltenham Town - bigtunna

Chesterfield - I Mccoll I 93 I

Exeter City - Jose Almeida

Gateshead - Luan Nguyen

Grimsby Town - Bartello82

Kettering Town - Vasil Popov

Leyton Orient - Gozzy

Macclesfield Town - alston8

Newport County - marcos vitorino

Oldham Athletic - mudskipper

Oxford - Joseba Zilarte

Portsmouth - Sam Pedley

Port Vale - Audioshift

Reading - Kevin Bremner

Rushden & Diamonds - Ian Donegan

Stockport County - Hercule Poirot

Yeovil Town - HannahB

York City - Matty3098

Watford - maffiiee

Division 5 - Total Forumers 11/24*

AFC Wimbledon - Adamas Spero

Altincham - Libaan Hassan

Barnet - ON OFFER

Barrow AFC - Jorge Villarreal

Burton Albion - Robert Radu

Cambridge United - Stevie GI

Crawley Town - BobSmithJr

Dagenham & Redbridge - Ryan Gammie

Darlington 1883 - Clark Kent

Eastbourne Borough - Andres Garrido

Hayes & Yeading United - Pilan

Histon - Cameron Brown

Kidderminster Harriers - iAwesome

Lincoln City - Michale h

Luton Town - Mark Hughes

Mansfield Town - .TheKaito

Northampton Town - Miguel Torres

Rotherham United - Longnose

Shrewsbury Town - Alex kiedistar2

Southend United - SM Mod (Tony)

Southport - Indra Sjafrie

Stevenage - KNVP

Tamworth - Gaizka Mendieta

Wycombe Wanderers - Geoffrey

Arsenal 1-5 Charlton

A great result for my Charlton lads beating The Arsenal 5-1 at theirs. It didn't look good after Neymar opened the scoring for them after 6 mins. But after Bacinovic scored in the 26th it seemed we couldn't stop scoring. Petersen finished the half with a goal and in the 2nd half it was Briand who got on the scoresheet, followed by Kanunnikov, and then finished in the 88th minute by El Arabi. Back to 4th in the table.

Swindon Town beat Wigan Athletic 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

We managed to field a fairly strong team against Wigan expecting likewise. But when I opened up the score centre they had only put out a 79 rated team. I guess the manager has some fitness issues or just forgot to change his cup side...

Anyway it was still squeaky bum time as we only managed to beat them by an early and, dare I say, rare goal from Igor Smolnikov. It was enough to secure us 3 points though and at this stage that is all that matters.

We also made it into the next round of the cup after comfortably beating Rotherham. This season I am hoping we will make it passed the second round for the time ever since I took on this job.

Next in the league is a tough match at Stoke. They are struggling a bit but they are a bogey side for us and I don't recall ever getting close to beating them.