English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Southend United beat Mansfield Town 2 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Caicedo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Castro was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another solid win.We sit equal first on the table, looking forward to better things ahead.

Just wondering if anyone else watches their games 'live' on the score centre before knowing the result or do you go straight to the match report???

depends who i am playing? ;) if i know them then i will... also if I'm checking results on my phone i don't as its too much hassle!! lol

Live Score Centre for ALL competitive fixtures

Match Report for friendlies

I prefer to run the matches at 'full speed' unless it's a title/play-off decider or cup semi/final...

I've asked on the 7777 news feed but will ask here also' date='

How many days rest are there between tonight's final league fixtures and the first round of play-off matches?

I can't remember whether there's sufficient time (4 days) for players to fully recover to 100% fitness.

Hope someone can help...

ruts :)[/quote']

2 days. Last game of a league match always ends on a Wednesday i believe- Play off Semi final on a Friday- Final-Sunday

Cheers Riece' date=' I had a feeling it was only 2 days rest but wasn't 100% sure...[/quote']

Your welcome. I normally rest my players on the last game if I'm guaranteed a playoff place but if not i use all 3 subs.

Notts County have agreed a deal to sell Kolbeinn Sigthorsson to Coventry for £13 million, the funds will be used to facilitate new transfer signings to further our transition to be as sustainable division two side, we have also agreed a deal in principle to bring in an unnamed player for £8.5 million.

Fans may not be too happy that we have sold Sigthorsson for cash but we are in need of the money and we have recently brought in a couple of strikers so it seems good business, the funds from the sale can now be better directed elsewhere as we push to try and keep County in the league this season and build on the work done by former manager David Inglis who led the club to promotion from division three last season.

Notts County have agreed a deal to sell Kolbeinn Sigthorsson to Coventry for £13 million' date=' the funds will be used to facilitate new transfer signings to further our transition to be as sustainable division two side, we have also agreed a deal in principle to bring in an unnamed player for £8.5 million.

Fans may not be too happy that we have sold Sigthorsson for cash but we are in need of the money and we have recently brought in a couple of strikers so it seems good business, the funds from the sale can now be better directed elsewhere as we push to try and keep County in the league this season and build on the work done by former manager David Inglis who led the club to promotion from division three last season.[/quote']

wow, great deal for you mate, it's a lot of cash. fans have nothing to complain about :P

Thanks yes the cash amount swayed me but fans will remember his 23 league goals and 13 assists last season under last manager' date=' all in all I am pleased though.[/quote']

The guy had good stats, but i'm sure you will find (or already found) a proper replacement. You will be able to bring in some extra quality or depth with the money.

The guy had good stats' date=' but i'm sure you will find (or already found) a proper replacement. You will be able to bring in some extra quality or depth with the money.[/quote']

Thanks mate yes I already have brought in Grafite and Peralta that is plenty enough to cover the front slots.

County have agreed a 8.5 million deal to bring in Manuel Schmeidenbach from Chelsea, he will fit in well as with the four different formations I usually slip between a player that has wing and centre in his position fits them.

Thanks mate yes I already have brought in Grafite and Peralta that is plenty enough to cover the front slots.

County have agreed a 8.5 million deal to bring in Manuel Schmeidenbach from Chelsea' date=' he will fit in well as with the four different formations I usually slip between a player that has wing and centre in his position fits them.[/quote']

If Peralta can score for your team the same way he scores in Mexico you should be fine :D Nice signing in Schmeidenbach mate.

Kyle Naughton is available for the right offer.

Signed from Yeovil a few seasons ago, Kyle has been a reliable and regular full-back for us.

However, due to a short term injury and other rising stars in my squad he is finding it increasingly difficult to regain his place in the first team.

Could be due a +1 in the upcoming review. £9.5m is all it will take to make my chairman a happy fella...

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 6

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 28th May 2014. I have chosen a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Lloris (Manchester United)

Right Back: Gillet (Oldham)

Center Back: Kone (Tranmere)

Center Back: Ciani (Oldham)

Left Back: Wilson (Charlton)

Center Midfield: Iborra (Middlesbrough)

Center Midfield: Kljestan (Tranmere)

Center Midfield: Lingard (Lincoln City)

Right Striker: Alan (Lincoln City)

Center Forward: Fred (Reading)

Left Striker: Miku (Northampton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Northampton striker Miku!!!

It has been some start to his cobblers career for the Ecuador International, with 13 goals and 11 assists last season in just 12 games. This season has started even better with 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 starts. Most of those came in the mid week win over Burton. Mike scored an excellent hat-trick and created a further three goals as Northampton won 6-2.

Out of my 25 Swindon Town players, 5 have been selected to take part in the World Cup (Neto, Noboa, Mocinic, Mogilevets & Ignashevich). Pretty pleased about that :)

I also have the Hartlepool job on offer. I will be rejecting it later (assuming my chairman agrees to my demand for a pay increase :D) as we face Hartlepool in the first round of the shield on Monday and it wouldn't be right for me to hang on to their offer just to play them unmanaged.

If anyone knows of someone who would like to take over a tired but fairly impressive squad with a surprising amount of cash available then please let me know as soon as possible.

Will log on later this afternoon and if no-one has an interest I will just reject.

Cheers, Nico

Out of my 25 Swindon Town players' date=' 5 have been selected to take part in the World Cup (Neto, Noboa, Mocinic, Mogilevets & Ignashevich). Pretty pleased about that :)

I also have the Hartlepool job on offer. I will be rejecting it later (assuming my chairman agrees to my demand for a pay increase :D) as we face Hartlepool in the first round of the shield on Monday and it wouldn't be right for me to hang on to their offer just to play them unmanaged.

If anyone knows of someone who would like to take over a tired but fairly impressive squad with a surprising amount of cash available then please let me know as soon as possible.

Will log on later this afternoon and if no-one has an interest I will just reject.

Cheers, Nico[/quote']

Wish i hadn't left them now as the old manager ruined them and left!! :eek::eek::eek:

You have decided to reject the job offer from Hartlepool United. Your chairman and fans are delighted at your decision
Hartlepool are now free.

I was flattered to receive the job offer but Hartlepool is a little too north for a soft southern gent like me.

Also their Chairman came across as a little bit snobbish, the club secretary is nowhere near as good looking as the Swindon one and when I found all those empty Crisp packets stuffed down the back of the radiator in the Manager's office my mind was instantly made up.

Besides my Chairman has agreed to my pay rise. I am now on £45 a week :P which is £15 more than what the Hartlepool chairman said he was paying Mr Shareflair......