English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Southend United

Southend_United_badge.gif

Southend United have recorded their biggest ever home league win by beating Barrow AFC 12 - 0.

The Southend United club record for highest scoring league game has been broken. The game against Barrow AFC finished 12 - 0

Southend United outclassed Barrow AFC and thrashed them 12 - 0 in their Division 5 fixture.

Castro was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rubin and Castro were also amongst the goalscorers.

Allow me to do some whining tonight... QPR lost 3-1 vs a neglected Rochdale side, with one 74 rated player as starter and players very tired... Stats wise, we clearly dominated it. 55% vs 45% ball possession. 23 shots vs 6 shots. Which is even funnier it's that my players got much better rates in the end of the match (8's and 9's), maybe it was deserved considering we dominated it... But we still lost 3-1, what a mess... B)

Swindon Town outclassed Norwich City and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture

Chalked up our first away win in the league last night with a satisfying result against Norwich.

Last minute decision to promote Ivan Mocinic (83) to the starting 11 paid off big time with him scoring, providing one assist and winning MOTM.

Also recent signing, Duje Cop, came off the bench to score on his debut. (Actually his second debut for the club - he played once for me way back in season 3 before we sold him the first time).

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Blackpool.

Manchester City beat Blackpool 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Agüero scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Isco was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good result away against the champions, we go top of the league as West Brom slipped up against Sheffield Wednesday.

Hayes&Yeading away in the 2nd round of the Cup tomorrow then Charlton in the league before the premier league break.

Blackpool sell Filipe Luis

Blackpool have agreed a deal for the sale of 91 rated Brazil left back Filipe Luis. After splashing £16millon on Andrea Ranocchia last week, the club needed to recoup some cash asap. Selling Luis seemed the easier way, and Huddersfield made an offer of £15million plus young talented Brazilian defender Alex Telles (86).

It is very likely Luis will rise, but in the long term this deal is needed for this club if we want to challenge on all fronts.

Luis has been criticised by fans for his overall performance in his three seasons at Blackpool, with average performances below 7.

David Villa got a -2 to 91, which kind of sucks. Will be on the lookout for a striker and can offer around £20mill cash, or around £10mill plus Villa.

Blackpool sell Filipe Luis

Blackpool have agreed a deal for the sale of 91 rated Brazil left back Filipe Luis. After splashing £16millon on Andrea Ranocchia last week' date=' the club needed to recoup some cash asap. Selling Luis seemed the easier way, and Huddersfield made an offer of £15million plus young talented Brazilian defender Alex Telles (86).

It is very likely Luis will rise, but in the long term this deal is needed for this club if we want to challenge on all fronts.

Luis has been criticised by fans for his overall performance in his three seasons at Blackpool, with average performances below 7.

David Villa got a -2 to 91, which kind of sucks. Will be on the lookout for a striker and can offer around £20mill cash, or around £10mill plus Villa.[/center']

Thanks for this Marc after some tough negotiating! But we got there in the end lol :D

Huddersfield are also happy to announce the sale of Andrea Poli to Hull for £17.5 million as we freed up the cash for the Luis deal! :D

Thanks for this Marc after some tough negotiating! But we got there in the end lol :D

Huddersfield are also happy to announce the sale of Andrea Poli to Hull for £17.5 million as we freed up the cash for the Luis deal! :D

Effectively Poli and Telles for a cracking LB. Well done mate!

We have managed to sign Naughton for 7.5 million. Very happy with this as I do like him as a player and think he was unlucky not to hit 88.

This means that I would now be open to a deal for Nagatomo. No point having him on the bench!

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 9

Hey guys. Missed the last two match days as its been a very busy week for me, but after a relaxing day in the sun I had time to do a TOTR. Here is my team for matches played on Saturday 7th June 2014, in a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Pyatov (Wrexham)

Right Back: Ajeti (Wycombe)

Center Back: Davies (Reading)

Center Back: Durica (Altrincham)

Left Back: Contento (Wigan)

Center Midfield: Dzagoev (Leeds)

Center Midfield: De Rossi (Chelsea)

Center Midfield: Giuliano (Birmingham)

Right Striker: Perez (AFC Wimbledon)

Center Forward: Bamford (York)

Left Striker: Ronaldo (Leeds)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes for the first time goes to

Cristiano Ronaldo!!!

ronaldo.jpg

Yes, amazingly at the 38th attempt the worlds best player finally gets a place in my Team of the Round! Much of this was down to Chelsea being neglected by former managers. Just over two weeks ago Ronaldo returned to the Premier League with a move to Leeds United. His third game for the club yesterday will have fans really excited for the rest of the season. Ronaldo opened the scoring against Charlton in the 16th minute after a typical dribble full of tricks. He then went on to create another four goals, with three coming from pin point crosses.

What about Promes? 1 goal but a 10 rating!

Smashing game at Stadium:MK last night, Carslisle came from 2-0 down to run out eventual 6-3 victors. Son, Promes, Giuliano x2, Cleverley and Kramer with the goals.

Scoring goals for fun by dropping some of my stars..... :P

A good 2-1 win at Rushden & Diamonds, keeps Yeovil great start to the season going.

Cup game tonight against Exeter. We beat them 2-1 in the league 3 weeks ago, lets hope for the same kind of result tonight.

Well that was an over excited error! With signing Luis from Blackpool I forgot to change my team and ended up having a 74 rated FC in my DMC role... Even with that we held our own until Elms sending off at 53 mins!! Huddersfield were 4-4 at this point after going 2-0 up after 2 mins ?

Well that was an over excited error! With signing Luis from Blackpool I forgot to change my team and ended up having a 74 rated FC in my DMC role... Even with that we held our own until Elms sending off at 53 mins!! Huddersfield were 4-4 at this point after going 2-0 up after 2 mins ?

My reserves did well, espeically Rondon with 4 goals and an assist which might earn him a start on Wednesday. Sucks that Perez got a 11 day injury, along with Asamoah it means both my main CMs have long injuries. :(

Alex Telles would have made his debut against his former club but was cup tied, so his debut will come in tomorrows Champions League match against PSG.

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Shrewsbury Town in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture

Yet again the second round curse strikes. Not once since I became manager of this club have I been able to take them beyond the 2nd round of either cup!!

Polak put Shrewsbury ahead after 14 minutes but the in-form Mocinic equalised before half-time. The visitors pulled ahead again late on in the match and this time we could find no answer.

Put out a strong side but once again Ivan Mocinic was our best player by far.

I have another chance to break the curse next Monday in our 2nd Round Shield match away at Peterborough.

This time it's personal :eek:

I have another chance to break the curse next Monday in our 2nd Round Shield match away at Peterborough.

This time it's personal :eek:

Personal? We've only met twice in the league before. Granted, you haven't scored a goal against the fair Posh yet. but I see no reason for that to make it personal!

Blackpool 2-1 PSG

The reserve/youth team flew to Paris last night for our last away group match in matchday 5. Only Villa, Danny and Ranocchia over the age of 24, with a decent average rating of 88.

Two goals in the final three minutes maintained Blackpools winning streak in the Champions League. David Villa in the 87th minute and Carlos Tevez came off the bench to nab the winner in the 89th minute.

Ranocchia made his Champions League debut, whilst Alex Telles made his full debut for the club aswell.

All five English clubs appear to have qualified to the last 16 (Liverpool needing a point in the final game to guarantee) so well done to all of us. Just hope I dont draw one of you until the semi finals :P

Some nice improvements for QPR today!

Carlos Bacca rose +1 to 90!

Claudio Bravo rose +1 to 89!

Gabriel Paulista rose +2 to 85!

Good stuff! Now we will be more clinical upfront with a 90 rated striker in Carlos Bacca, and we will have a more solid presence on goal with Claudio Bravo rated 89!

Some nice improvements for QPR today!

Carlos Bacca rose +1 to 90!

Claudio Bravo rose +1 to 89!

Gabriel Paulista rose +2 to 85!

Good stuff! Now we will be more clinical upfront with a 90 rated striker in Carlos Bacca' date=' and we will have a more solid presence on goal with [b']Claudio Bravo[/b] rated 89!

Some nice rises there! Well done, QPR going from strength to strength in Div 3 :eek:

Personal? We've only met twice in the league before. Granted' date=' you haven't scored a goal against the fair Posh yet. but I see no reason for that to make it personal![/quote']

Ha-ha!! Nothing personal against the Posh,,, just a mild irritation that I cannot get to the 3rd round no matter what I try.

Looking at your current form and the fact that, as you kindly pointed out, we couldn't even manage a goal against you the last times we met in Div 3 I am not particularly hopeful that we will get there this time either.