English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Villa had a few very unfit players today, what with their cup game Monday. That was good news for us though as we outplayed them on the night.

A tense 2-1 on the scoreline, but the match played out oh so differently :)

Oh and Benzia joins for cash as the final part of the Ronaldo deal :)

Villa had a few very unfit players today' date=' what with their cup game Monday. That was good news for us though as we outplayed them on the night.

A tense 2-1 on the scoreline, but the match played out oh so differently :)

Oh and Benzia joins for cash as the final part of the Ronaldo deal :)[/quote']

Well done :)

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Walsall in their Division 3 fixture.

Raffael was on the scoresheet for his side.

Two sent-offs were just too much for us to overcome tonight... B) It's an unfair defeat for us, we deserved to draw at least. Possession was balanced, even with two of our players sent-off, first Rosales at 37' and then Raffael at 79'. We made almost 3 times more shots than our opponent. Raffael scored the equalizer for us at 74' with 10men, and it looked like we could go for the win, but unfortunately just 5 minutes later Raffael was sent-off, leting us playing with only 9 men... A cruel late goal from Chamakh at 85' gave the win to Walsall. Hard times for us, we're lacking a bit of luck... At least we're still out of relegation zone. Hopefully we will win our next match, even though Raffael and Rosales wont be able to play due to suspension.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Rochdale in their Division 3 fixture

Could only manage a draw against an unfit & abandoned Rochdale. Some of their players only started the match with 1% fitness and my clubs doctor was all for calling the match off on health & safety grounds. After all, we only have one ambulance at the ground and that's normally used for selling ice-cream at half time.

The Doc needn't have worried though. Despite being half dead & crippled with fatigue the Rochdale players had clearly eaten their Weetabix and somehow managed to cancel out Duje Cop's 67th minute strike to steal a point.

Overall I am happy at the way things have gone so far this season though. Unbeaten at home, still in one Cup & gate attendances at record levels.

Record crowd watches Newport County. 4,438 fans turned out to watch Newport County against Rushden & Diamonds breaking the previous home record attendance.

We are such a big club ahahah!! I think it's the first time ever that we went above the 4000!

Let's work to be in the first positions and more will come :):)

Tomas Rosicky has been sold to Bath City for 15m.

It was tough to let go of my highest rated player but the price was too good to refuse.

I'm now looking to sign a replacement CM on the cheap, let me know if you have anyone available - I've scouted the transfer list but most of the asking prices are higher than my means or P/E.

It was tough to let go of my highest rated player but the price was too good to refuse.

I'm now looking to sign a replacement CM on the cheap' date=' let me know if you have anyone available - I've scouted the transfer list but most of the asking prices are higher than my means or P/E.[/quote']

Junuzovic can go, whack a bid in. Nothing insulting though just because I have a decent team :)

Blackpools defence of the Premier League looks all but over after just 10 games after a 1-0 defeat at join bottom Crystal Palace. A frustrating night for the Blackpool players, who created more chances but were very wasteful infront of goal (Oh how we miss you Samuel Eto'o!!!

:()

Palace scored with one of there only two shots on target in the 16th minute through Fernando Llorente. Palace keeper Julio Cesar wins MOM which says it all.

Blackpool drop to 11th and are now a huge nine points behind leaders Manchester City. A nice break from the league now for us to rebuild, and we will go all out to knock out feirce rivals Manchester United from the Shield.

I'm now looking to sign a replacement CM on the cheap' date=' let me know if you have anyone available - I've scouted the transfer list but most of the asking prices are higher than my means or P/E.[/quote']

No way you could turn down 15 million for him that is a top notch valuation, good sell.

Some nice rises there! Well done' date=' QPR going from strength to strength in Div 3 :eek:[/quote']

Thanks mate! I wish we were having a better season, but competition is tough and we were kinda unlucky in some matches... We will bounce back though.

Could only manage a draw against an unfit & abandoned Rochdale. Some of their players only started the match with 1% fitness and my clubs doctor was all for calling the match off on health & safety grounds. After all' date=' we only have one ambulance at the ground and that's normally used for selling ice-cream at half time.

The Doc needn't have worried though. Despite being half dead & crippled with fatigue the Rochdale players had clearly eaten their Weetabix and somehow managed to cancel out Duje Cop's 67th minute strike to steal a point.

Overall I am happy at the way things have gone so far this season though. Unbeaten at home, still in one Cup & gate attendances at record levels.[/quote']

I feel you mate, same happened to me last week vs them... Well, actually it was even worse, cause i lost 3-1 :confused: It was kinda sick really... Well, Rochdale rocks, lol. :rolleyes: Good season for you so far btw.

No way you could turn down 15 million for him that is a top notch valuation' date=' good sell.[/quote']

Indeed.

I feel you mate' date=' same happened to me last week vs them... Well, actually it was even worse, cause i lost 3-1 :confused: It was kinda sick really... Well, Rochdale rocks, lol. :rolleyes: Good season for you so far btw.

[/quote']

Rochdale do indeed rock :rolleyes:...

No disrespect meant to their current manager but since he abandoned them they are playing much better unfit than when fit!!! (1 win and 1 draw when fit..... 3 wins and 2 draws unfit!! Amazing huh????)

I am not usually in the business of blaming the match engine but the fitness issue is something that desperately needs addressing.

I agree with a few of the others on here that believe players designated 'NMF' should be ineligible for selection in the same way that injured or suspended players are.

That way even if a club is being neglected/abandoned the AI will still attempt to put out a fit side even if some players are out of position. If the club does not have 11 players available then the Chairman should draft in some fictitious 60 rated youth players just to make up the numbers.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 10

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for matches played on Wednesday

11th June 2014. Decided to use a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Baumann (Wycombe)

Center Back: Chiellini (Man City)

Center Back: Wanyama (Coventry)

Center Back: Ciani (Oldham)

Right Midfield: Ribery (Leeds)

Center Midfield: Toure (Man City)

Center Midfield: Didot (Bath)

Left Midfield: Ronaldo (Leeds)

Right Striker: Bulut (Camrbidge)

Center Forward: Edinho (Newport)

Left Striker: De Sutter (ROtherham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Newport striker Edinho!!!

edinho.jpg

Edinho is the first player to win Team Of the Round three times after winning it twice back in Season Six. Once again he was in terrific form as he created the opening two goals for Sam Vokes to score. He then scored a brace of his own before half-time, one a bullet header and the second an excellent chip over the keeper. In the final few minutes he got his third assist of the game as Newport ran out 5-2 winners against Rushden. 39 goals and 20 assists in just 70 games during is time at Newport, starting to become an idol in that area of England!

Modric hits 94. Very happy with that bit of business now :)

Managed to bring in Firmino to complete our two squads for now. Paid a lot, but happy with the deal!

Junuzovic can go for cash and Benzia can go on loan. But apart from that, the major deals are done :)

Huddersfield reserves lost to Smuts Hereford... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

1-0 it was, would of been more if Huddersfield had fielded their strongest side.

we are now sitting in our rightful position of mid table, away from any excitement , mundane stuff throughout the season is how we like it.

After a 5-1 loss to Sunderland, a 6-1 loss to Leeds, and a 5-0 loss to City I feel my defence needs a bit of a fix. I've sold a player to get a little bit more money before I go into the transfer market.

Armin BACINOVIC has completed his move to US Palermo from Charlton Athletic for £4,035,600